The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

searched "tor pvp hacks" in google and came up with 118,000 results.

discozombee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it was multiple abilities used within the same time window? You do know that Pyro PT can coordinate dmg to deal over 14k dmg within 1second right? A ScreenShot or combat log would be useful.

In the space of 1 GCD, not counting pre applied dots, my PT will hit a light armored target for over 20k as dart, thermal det, and rail hit them, with lucky crits of course. 14k is what a few dud hits would do. Factor in the probability that a target will already have CGC and missile dots on them when I apply dart and TD, and they are probably getting hit for 22-24k when ED/Dart explode. Then a quick rocket punch and rail shot again for another 10-20k. A target without any CDs or healing is going to die. This is in a PT geared in PVE gear with brut weapons and relics, rest is old campaign PVE set bonus for the 8% rail damage. A player in min/max brut is going to do about 2% more damage as well with higher crit and surge.

Just saying, to the uninitiated player, the amount of burst that a pyro PT or carnage mara can put out is INSANE.

If there are that many people hacking, then they must really suck and I must be freakin' amazing because I don't encounter anybody that can own me hard enough that I call hacks. All I see is people constantly crying hacks regarding mechanics that they don't understand.

The bottom line is, if a bunch of people need to rely on hacks to be competitive with me, then I must be doing something right. And when I own them, deep down, they will understand how much they truly suck. :D

EDIT:

Here's the hilarious part, something that I copied from one of those "SWTOR hacks" sites:

Important: Please don’t use Bots in PvP Warzones

Recently the sue of Bots in the SWTOR PvP matches has led to a lot of anger and frustration in the SWTOR community. We urge our members not to use bots in any PvP situations, since it is not only very risky, but also ineffective and hurts this game we love and it community. – There is a huge PvE world that allows you to get the best gear in the game, an unlimited amount of credits and as much experience as you wish to farm. You do not need to bot in PvP. In PvP Warzones or Arenas you have real people that are playing against your bot and most of these real people can tell if a player is acting “suspicious”. – In many cases this can result in people reporting you to the game moderators and a ban for you. The player versus player community within Star Wars: The Old Republic is weak to begin with. – So we should do our best to strengthen it. Thanks and have fun botting any other parts of the game you want.

So, basically, one of those search results that you are using as evidence regarding SWTOR PVP hacking is pretty much confirming that there is little to no hacking in SWTOR pvp because it would be way too obvious and those accounts would be banned.

Edited by teclado

Because many of us have been playing since launch and have seen at best 2-3 legitimate instances of hacking. Not to say hacking doesn't exist, its just not that common to happen. 99% of the time people who yell hacks usually don't know what's going on.

Who are you kidding and how many people actually believe this?

I too have been PVPing since launch. I have been on multiple servers due to consolidation. I have toons on both sides. I have 10 toons I PVP with and the lowest valor is 77. I PVP a lot.

I see hacking ALL THE TIME. I have been on teams that hack. I have seen commandos launch mortar volley over and over for 1 minute straight without reducing their power a tick. I have seen toons speed through matches for the entire match at 150%. I have seen a ridiculous hack where someone could launch the “lean against a lightpole” toy during combat. This allowed all of his cooldowns to reset and heal him with the added bonus of making him untargetable. So he could stealth over and over and not get attacked.

Toons falling into walls, toons teleporting that aren’t assassin/shadows, toons becoming untargetable while capping, toons whose energy will not diminish.

It happens a lot. Saying it doesn’t is a lie.

Who are you kidding and how many people actually believe this?

I too have been PVPing since launch. I have been on multiple servers due to consolidation. I have toons on both sides. I have 10 toons I PVP with and the lowest valor is 77. I PVP a lot.

I see hacking ALL THE TIME. I have been on teams that hack. I have seen commandos launch mortar volley over and over for 1 minute straight without reducing their power a tick. I have seen toons speed through matches for the entire match at 150%. I have seen a ridiculous hack where someone could launch the “lean against a lightpole” toy during combat. This allowed all of his cooldowns to reset and heal him with the added bonus of making him untargetable. So he could stealth over and over and not get attacked.

Toons falling into walls, toons teleporting that aren’t assassin/shadows, toons becoming untargetable while capping, toons whose energy will not diminish.

It happens a lot. Saying it doesn’t is a lie.

If you don't even know the mechanics of an out of combat heal, then how are we supposed to believe the rest of what you said. This has also been shown to be a bug and then people exploiting it (not saying it's any better than hacking), but it's not always hacking (not saying it can't be though). I also believe the guy that you quoted, because although I haven't pvp'd as much as you say you did, I've been around since launch and seen exactly 2 instances of hacking, and countless times people simply not understanding what's going on. Yes hacks exist, but they are very rare.

If you don't even know the mechanics of an out of combat heal, then how are we supposed to believe the rest of what you said. This has also been shown to be a bug and then people exploiting it (not saying it's any better than hacking), but it's not always hacking (not saying it can't be though). I also believe the guy that you quoted, because although I haven't pvp'd as much as you say you did, I've been around since launch and seen exactly 2 instances of hacking, and countless times people simply not understanding what's going on. Yes hacks exist, but they are very rare.

I did make an assumption that his cooldowns reset because he was able to use stealth at will and his CC break at will. And for the heck of it, I did try to use the various toys during PVP and could not. That is why I am calling this a hack. And don't get me wrong. Hacking doesn't happen all the time. Most of the time it isn't needed. It does happen though. Much of the time it happens from a certain guild or group of players. If they are playing the hacks come out. Most others though play the game how it is designed to be played.

I did make an assumption that his cooldowns reset because he was able to use stealth at will and his CC break at will. And for the heck of it, I did try to use the various toys during PVP and could not. That is why I am calling this a hack. And don't get me wrong. Hacking doesn't happen all the time. Most of the time it isn't needed. It does happen though. Much of the time it happens from a certain guild or group of players. If they are playing the hacks come out. Most others though play the game how it is designed to be played.

Fair enough, but you did just contradict what you said in a previous post by saying it doesn't happen all the time, because earlier you said that you see it all the time. The out of combat heal is very possibly a hack, but there is also a recent thread where someone that wasn't hacking experienced the ability to do this and was surprised that he could do so, that's why I said it isn't necessarily a hack.

You can also search for "KOTOR 3 download" and get results for that too. Not every offer you see on the internet is real. The people who whine in gen chat about hackers using harpoon with their marauders are just plain lying to get negative attention. Those kinds of hacks don't actually exist.

Why do people get trolled hardcore for bringing up people hacking in pvp when there is clearly a lot of material on this subject on the internet. Are the people who are bashing the ones hacking? do they work for bioware/electronic arts and are just trying to defend their company? so many questions not enough answers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tor+pvp+hacks&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

118,000 search results....i think this is more of a problem than people want to admit or even look into.

I got 172,000 results for "sdfsdfsd", what's your point?

And yes I watched that video, it was awful.

Why do people get trolled hardcore for bringing up people hacking in pvp when there is clearly a lot of material on this subject on the internet. Are the people who are bashing the ones hacking? do they work for bioware/electronic arts and are just trying to defend their company? so many questions not enough answers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tor+pvp+hacks&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

118,000 search results....i think this is more of a problem than people want to admit or even look into.

I get 48,800,000

Searching bad players blaming hacks. :|

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS523US523&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=bad%20players%20blaming%20hacks