Grief dancing in WZs, thanks to Conquest, please fix, thank you

swtordrz

PvP no reward under 8 medals.

GSF no reward under a) 10k damage b) 15% accuracy c) KDR under 0.2 d) less than 50% participation

Simple fixes.

EDIT : one must fulfill three of the four conditions to get their reward.

So then when you get in a 4X4 where there is only 2 of you against 4 then you should quit the game? Also any time your short the 8 people in regular WZ. Just leave the game right. Not that any of that ever happens. Might as well. What percentage of people are actually going afk or dancing? 30 40 %. I mean it must be massive for some to be suggesting these changes. There will always be little yutts that afk or try to slide. Welcome to online gaming. Just a note: Unless it has changed there is a option to kick a player in PVP. I not sure how many votes it takes.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, let's remove everything else and just tie GSF rewards to accuracy:

0-15%: nothing

15-75%: 100 points

75-90%: 500 points

90-100%: 1000 points

You never played a game didn't you.. standard accuracy with LLC, quad and most weapon is 40-45% standard while HLC is 50-55% accuracy and railgun should go around 65-75% Higher than that normally mean a lesser sample, so from an AFK'er or someone who didn't shoot more that a dozen of time.

So then when you get in a 4X4 where there is only 2 of you against 4 then you should quit the game? Also any time your short the 8 people in regular WZ. Just leave the game right. Not that any of that ever happens. Might as well. What percentage of people are actually going afk or dancing? 30 40 %. I mean it must be massive for some to be suggesting these changes. There will always be little yutts that afk or try to slide. Welcome to online gaming. Just a note: Unless it has changed there is a option to kick a player in PVP. I not sure how many votes it takes.

True. Maybe we should go at 6 medals instead of 8, at lvl 55, finishing a wz without at least 6 medals is pure badness. And Arena are a whole other beast.... Maybe just, I dunno win the arena get reward, lose it get nothing.

You are all complaining bitterly now that it is on the Live servers. Did you ever go onto the PTS and test it, and see that it was working properly? Did you voice these concerns then? If you answer no to any of those questions then you should quit complaining and figure out a possible solution. Leaders find answers, followers just keep crying.

True. Maybe we should go at 6 medals instead of 8, at lvl 55, finishing a wz without at least 6 medals is pure badness. And Arena are a whole other beast.... Maybe just, I dunno win the arena get reward, lose it get nothing.

When you get Leroy Jenkins in your group it is like all sith. Especially when your short handed. It isn't like it is hard to get the medals it just changing the game because of some lazy yutts. They win. They don't care about PVP. They are just some selfish little twits that want to ruin the game for everyone else. Their mad about the changes in 2.9c is my guess. I just don't like the idea of their antics influencing how it is setup. I spend most of the time on JC where I am in a 2 man guild. I'm pretty sure I not going to be in top 100000 list so it doesn't really effect me. To me making changes rewards bad behavior. Printscreen them and send it to support. Let BW have a chat with them.

You can't just give them nothing, you have to at least give little johnny his participation medal. (Darn that sarcasm switch not having an off setting)

But seriously, they won't give people nothing for being bad, not trying, . . . What you need to do is figure out something that will actually work, and encourage people to both participate, and also participate in a meaningful way. Quite honestly what they should do, is make is so that if you win, you get double the rewards. You should get a set amount of Conquest points for each medal you get, and a bonus amount if you are a backfiller. If your team wins, you get a few extra. If you quit early (which has been a problem in this game far too long) then you lose Comms, and Conquest points, equivalent to 2 matches worth.

You can't just give them nothing, you have to at least give little johnny his participation medal. (Darn that sarcasm switch not having an off setting)

But seriously, they won't give people nothing for being bad, not trying, . . . What you need to do is figure out something that will actually work, and encourage people to both participate, and also participate in a meaningful way. Quite honestly what they should do, is make is so that if you win, you get double the rewards. You should get a set amount of Conquest points for each medal you get, and a bonus amount if you are a backfiller. If your team wins, you get a few extra. If you quit early (which has been a problem in this game far too long) then you lose Comms, and Conquest points, equivalent to 2 matches worth.

I really like the one that people that leave lose coms. It is 15 minutes at the most. How hard is it to stick it out. I understand a real life issue might come up but I really doubt most people bail out because of that.

I really like the one that people that leave lose coms. It is 15 minutes at the most. How hard is it to stick it out. I understand a real life issue might come up but I really doubt most people bail out because of that.

I can honestly say that I was thrown out of more matches due to connectivity issues than those I intentionally quit. It's bad enough if you're leading a GSF domination match 900:400 and suddenly your connection to the server goes out the window. If I happen to lose points because of that it won't make me happy.

Having said that, I can imagine that punishing ragequitters and causing collateral damage to those that drop out of matches uninentionally (connection drops or game crashes) could still be the better alternative compared to the current situation where people get rewards despite of not even trying.

I still think the best idea so far war to change the quest:

"Win once - within the next three games you join."

• One disconnect is possible. If you get it three times in a row... you lose a day, but have totally different problems.
  • Quitting a game or not fighting to win will hurt you the most - as you are losing the game for your team and the regular pvp crowd is going to just keep playing anyways. ;)
  • Playing and fighting 1-3 games a day can be either good fun or at least tollerable. One in three should be winable if everyone FIGHTS.

In fact, let's remove everything else and just tie GSF rewards to accuracy:

0-15%: nothing

15-75%: 100 points

75-90%: 500 points

90-100%: 1000 points

Shoot one time, hit something, problem solved.

Pre-made or late into match and it it trip-capped. Leave match. Oops, arena. Leave match. Lopsided. Leave match.

I've seen people leave in the last 30 seconds of a match often enough. We don't need to incentivize them to leave earlier because the entire match is a waste of their time with no reward.

They should just tie the points to the medals:

1-4 10% conquest points

5 15%

6 25 %

7 50%

8+ 100%

Each MVP adds 10%

Done. No more "afk waiting for the lose"

Stand around for defender medals while self-healing, problem solved.

I still think the best idea so far war to change the quest:

"Win once - within the next three games you join."

• One disconnect is possible. If you get it three times in a row... you lose a day, but have totally different problems.
  • Quitting a game or not fighting to win will hurt you the most - as you are losing the game for your team and the regular pvp crowd is going to just keep playing anyways. ;)
  • Playing and fighting 1-3 games a day can be either good fun or at least tollerable. One in three should be winable if everyone FIGHTS.

Except for those days when you get both dailies done with nothing but losses and you did it because you just needed those last few WZ comms for your next piece. Otherwise, you'd have walked away. I've had it happen and seen it happen to friends who were in top-tier PVP gear at the time (and actually ran through 3 characters' dailies with no wins). You can't control the teams and this pie in the sky view where you should always be able to win 1 in 3 is nonsense. Certainly a good way to drive people out of warzones.

I see many players responding with suggestions of how to alter when the PvP portion of the conquest system grants the points. Instead of focusing on this, wouldn't it make more sense to have a PvE option that earns a similar number of points for the same amount of game time spent? This would satisfy both the PvP players and PvE players.

Just for clarity, I am not personally interested in the Conquest system at all and am thus not affected by this.

I see many players responding with suggestions of how to alter when the PvP portion of the conquest system grants the points. Instead of focusing on this, wouldn't it make more sense to have a PvE option that earns a similar number of points for the same amount of game time spent? This would satisfy both the PvP players and PvE players.

Just for clarity, I am not personally interested in the Conquest system at all and am thus not affected by this.

uh, PvE gives more points for time spent than PvP, but people have difficulty with math apparently

I can honestly say that I was thrown out of more matches due to connectivity issues than those I intentionally quit. It's bad enough if you're leading a GSF domination match 900:400 and suddenly your connection to the server goes out the window. If I happen to lose points because of that it won't make me happy.

Having said that, I can imagine that punishing ragequitters and causing collateral damage to those that drop out of matches uninentionally (connection drops or game crashes) could still be the better alternative compared to the current situation where people get rewards despite of not even trying.

There is a difference between getting DCed and rage quitting. That happens in all games online. I know it has happen to me. Some games can really suck raw eggs. Still people should just hang in there. You mentioned a good point. It is not worth punishing a player who thru no fault of his own gets knocked out of the game to punish one who left willing. Maybe there is nothing that can be done. Better that than punishing someone for something they did not do.

Unless they are in your team..

I havent even paid attention to it yet, but I already see conquest system in pvp a problem. And I don't believe there is a way to solve it. Either reward only the winners in which case its uneven, favoring all the established pvpers greatly, and all the casuals will leave since they cant win. Or reward participating in which case there will be afkers. Its pretty much unsolvable problem from what I can see.

If I would be Bioware I would take conquest points completely out of pvp but Im not. (And I pvp somewhat regularly. I just think this system is something pvp can live without.)

why would rewarding the winning team only be a problem? Casuals are matched with good players as often as against them, and obviously doing their best would increase their chances of winning over dancing in a corner, even if all they contribute is like 150k damage.

Added benefit is that if they keep trying in every game, they'll quickly become good players themselves...

You never played a game didn't you..

Only about a thousand, last week notwithstanding.

standard accuracy with LLC, quad and most weapon is 40-45% standard while HLC is 50-55% accuracy and railgun should go around 65-75% Higher than that normally mean a lesser sample, so from an AFK'er or someone who didn't shoot more that a dozen of time.

No, I'm doing a reductio ad absurdum of your system.

Tying rewards to accuracy is as ridiculous as it gets. Someone only ever shooting gunships sitting still can hit close to 90%. Your idea doesn't encourage weak players to get better. It encourages weak players to avoid shooting unless they have an easy target for a sure hit. It encourages people worse than afk'ers - people who are there, but won't help you, because they're afraid to hurt their accuracy score.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

When you get Leroy Jenkins in your group it is like all sith. Especially when your short handed. It isn't like it is hard to get the medals it just changing the game because of some lazy yutts. They win. They don't care about PVP. They are just some selfish little twits that want to ruin the game for everyone else. Their mad about the changes in 2.9c is my guess. I just don't like the idea of their antics influencing how it is setup. I spend most of the time on JC where I am in a 2 man guild. I'm pretty sure I not going to be in top 100000 list so it doesn't really effect me. To me making changes rewards bad behavior. Printscreen them and send it to support. Let BW have a chat with them.

they are doing nothing against the TOS. they simply chose to not pvp the way you do. this is caused by bioware killing the pve repeatables. once again BW overnerfs and ignores the consequences. Conquest is a mega guild farm game. nothing else. if you didnt expect this you werent thinking at all.

they are doing nothing against the TOS. they simply chose to not pvp the way you do. this is caused by bioware killing the pve repeatables. once again BW overnerfs and ignores the consequences. Conquest is a mega guild farm game. nothing else. if you didnt expect this you werent thinking at all.

You are wrong, you know you are wrong, and anyone who has done both PvE and PvP Conquest knows you are wrong. You are spouting idiotic arguments that will only be believed by people who do just PvE and can't be bothered to actually learn anything about the rest of the game.

A big guild with many active players is always going to dominate Conquest until they get bored with it and move on. We all knew that from the very beginning. What we didn't expect was an easy mode button that could be exploited by large guilds in order to remove any chance at competition from guilds that didn't exploit the system. That exploit, having been fixed, will now move Conquest to a more balanced event that will require people to actually work instead of stand around waiting for the stealther to get to the end of the FP.

The game encompasses both PvE and PvP aspects and it isn't unreasonable for any event to do the same, nor is it unreasonable to expect the players to encompass the game as a whole and not just a part here and there and to get gimped if they choose one path only.

It is unreasonable to throw a temper tantrum and ruin other players fun because you are bad at PvE and PvP, because if you can't reach a Conquest goal in PvE you should really just stop playing MMO's altogether.

they are doing nothing against the TOS. they simply chose to not pvp the way you do.

What idiotic logic and I think you know as much. If people did their own thing in Ops, such as doing nothing, like they did in warzones, they would be kicked in a heartbeat. You can't do the same thing in warzone.

There are plenty of things you can do with out ever stepping into a warzone. I completed the personal conquest easily on a character that does no PVP at all.

Edited by Nickious

I'm not a PVPer at all and I think the people that do this should be punished. I've found ways to reach the 35k goal fairly easily through the week on multiple characters through PVE content.

Now we can't earn an unlimited amount of points as PVPers theoretically can in a day but that doesn't make going in someplace and ruining someone else's game experience right. No self respecting gamer would do that. Sure PVE content got borked over in not being able to earn unlimited points in a day. But to take that out on your fellow players is immature, idiotic, and shows a complete lack of character.