Grief dancing in WZs, thanks to Conquest, please fix, thank you

swtordrz

PvP no reward under 8 medals.

GSF no reward under a) 10k damage b) 15% accuracy c) KDR under 0.2 d) less than 50% participation

Simple fixes.

EDIT : one must fulfill three of the four conditions to get their reward.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GSF no reward under a) 10k damage b) 15% accuracy c) KDR under 0.2 d) less than 50% participation

Simple fixes.

I've had matches where I have actually TRIED and failed to reach each and every one of the medal qualifiers listed...

I have sucky aim cause I have never upgraded my ship, that covers the first 2. I get stuck against upgraded ships a lot, so they are hard to kill and I get killed a lot, that covers KDR...

And how do you even measure participation?

Simple fixes.

EDIT : one must fulfill three of the four conditions to get their reward.

Bad idea, this will totally discourage new players to PvP.

I apologize if my behavior is disrupting your gameplay. Unfortunately for me, PvP is the only, easiest, way for me to gain the 35,000 necessary conquest points for the reward this week thanks to my preferred content (playing flashpoints for fun) has been severely gimped thanks to the patch.

However, from this moment on, instead of dancing (or repeatedly flying into an asteroid in GSF in an attempt to alter its trajectory), I will now bunny hop my way around the edges of the map (or soar into the wild black yonder in GSF) until the match is over.

You're Trolling people with your gamesmanship.

Report and move on people.

Had similar in GSF this week and a couple times I've had teammates that just huddled around the capital ship waiting to lose.

Not a huge problem given how many games I've played without that issue (couple dozen this week, easily), but still pretty douchy. Pretty sure someone predicted WZ/GSF matches with this happening when it was first announced you got the reward regardless of victory/performance/actually putting forth the tiniest effort. Glad to hear BW is looking into emphasizing winning.

Because, honestly? GSF is cruel enough to new players without them having a possibility of half their team literally not playing.

bioware is looking into allowing you to put your hoods down...good luck with that.

Imagine you enter a Warzone and there are players not participating, just using /dance or emote variations since they simply are here for the Conquest Points, would that diminish your gaming enjoyment?

Please fix this situation of rewarding repeatable Conquest Points for Warzone completion with something that will enrich the gaming enjoyment of the wider community.

Thank you kindly.

File GM reports and/or use the AFK reporting tool. And be happy you get faster queues.

This ENTIRE conquest system is a mess IMO. I think they tried to do the best they could, but I feel like they really didn't think major parts of this through.

If I could, I would like to express how I would have set up the conquest system.

PVP would have gained the most points. Those that actively fight against the opposing faction are the most valuable contributors to the war effort.

In PVP, personal victories over faction (killing opposing faction players) would reward points, as well as winning warzones. The higher your rating, the more points you would score.

However, unlike PVE players that contribute YOU COULD LOSE CONQUEST POINTS in PVP as well. If you are beaten by the opposite faction or lose warzones you lose points.

Now, for PVE running flashpoints using groupfinder would reward points, less points for those flashpoints you could repeat. Also killing "faction" NPCs that are NOT FLAGGED but are still agroed to you based on your faction would also count for points.

Turning in certain materials for the war effort, crafting certain items (like it is now, but I would have expanded the items to include armor and weapons, grenades and the like) would also count.

You would not be able to grind out as many points as easily as PVP players, but PVE players do not lose points...or to be more specific you could not lose points gained through PVE activities.

The lower your PVP rating the higher the points you receive from non-PVP conquest activities.

As a final set, I would make it impossible to heal NPCs of any type that are factional other than companions (with exceptions for storyline naturally), and also make it impossible to attack flagged players if you are not flagged yourself.

This ENTIRE conquest system is a mess IMO. I think they tried to do the best they could, but I feel like they really didn't think major parts of this through.

If I could, I would like to express how I would have set up the conquest system.

PVP would have gained the most points. Those that actively fight against the opposing faction are the most valuable contributors to the war effort.

In PVP, personal victories over faction (killing opposing faction players) would reward points, as well as winning warzones. The higher your rating, the more points you would score.

However, unlike PVE players that contribute YOU COULD LOSE CONQUEST POINTS in PVP as well. If you are beaten by the opposite faction or lose warzones you lose points.

Now, for PVE running flashpoints using groupfinder would reward points, less points for those flashpoints you could repeat. Also killing "faction" NPCs that are NOT FLAGGED but are still agroed to you based on your faction would also count for points.

Turning in certain materials for the war effort, crafting certain items (like it is now, but I would have expanded the items to include armor and weapons, grenades and the like) would also count.

You would not be able to grind out as many points as easily as PVP players, but PVE players do not lose points...or to be more specific you could not lose points gained through PVE activities.

The lower your PVP rating the higher the points you receive from non-PVP conquest activities.

As a final set, I would make it impossible to heal NPCs of any type that are factional other than companions (with exceptions for storyline naturally), and also make it impossible to attack flagged players if you are not flagged yourself.

I like all of this except the part about losing points if you lose. I think that would just deter people from joining warzones and be a hinder instead of the incentive you want.

Just my thoughts though.

I like all of this except the part about losing points if you lose. I think that would just deter people from joining warzones and be a hinder instead of the incentive you want.

Just my thoughts though.

It's a good point, but I feel that the point that you cant gain the high gains unless you try might outweigh that. Also, the losses do not have to be large...just meaningful.

One should be encouraged to win in PVP, and rewarded for it. This would provide zero incentive to go into warzones and just be AFK.

It's a good point, but I feel that the point that you cant gain the high gains unless you try might outweigh that. Also, the losses do not have to be large...just meaningful.

One should be encouraged to win in PVP, and rewarded for it. This would provide zero incentive to go into warzones and just be AFK.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need to try and encourage beyond afk participation but I feel with this current generation of gamers if they have to try they'll just avoid it altogether imo.

taking a pve centric game and doing nothing but pvp releases for 6+months is not a good idea. its a great way to become unemployed. if they were just releasing the game and stated outright that pvp would be the center of the game, they would be ok...but not at this point in the games life.

A couple of quick questions.

1. Wouldn't it have been smarter for BioWare to make the Conquest points require participation in the WZ, just like they do for Comms?

2. Regardless of how messed up we think this is, it's a PVP related issue, and shouldn't it be in the PVP forum?

If you are at least trying, you should be getting at least a few medals. The minimum shouldn't have to be outrageous number but people standing somewhere doing nothing is a waste. If you can't fight, at least defend objectives or throw out heals if you can.

GSF works a bit differently because there is such a huge advantage over those with a fully upgraded ship or a using a certain type of ship. PVP is at least bolstered, so those with pvp gear will have a advantage but they not as huge by comparison.

The problem in GSF is not the upgraded ships vs unupgraded. This last week I started playing GSF on one of my toons who is usually not used for GSF, so he had only ships with a handful of upgrades (less than 10K ship req accumulated so far) and I still managed to get 30K damage and 6 medals on the T1 Strike Fighter.

The problem for beginners in GSF is the vastly different controls compared to the rest of the game and the need for aiming. PVE and ground PVP are not too different regarding the controls, since the same principles apply. Whether you are raiding or doing warzones, you select your target, use your rotation, throw out heals, don't stand in red circles, etc. GSF simply requires a whole different skillset. It's like throwing an experienced turn-based-strategy player into an FPS. It's not rocket science, just a different game. With enough patience and willingness to learn most players will improve and reach at least 20K damage and maybe 1 or 2 kills instead of only 4K and 0 kills.

Edited by Shoraan

I don't see anything wrong with it honestly. It means easier kills and more damage. :rak_03:

Unless they are in your team..

I havent even paid attention to it yet, but I already see conquest system in pvp a problem. And I don't believe there is a way to solve it. Either reward only the winners in which case its uneven, favoring all the established pvpers greatly, and all the casuals will leave since they cant win. Or reward participating in which case there will be afkers. Its pretty much unsolvable problem from what I can see.

If I would be Bioware I would take conquest points completely out of pvp but Im not. (And I pvp somewhat regularly. I just think this system is something pvp can live without.)

Edited by Karkais

GSF. if you can't get over 15% accuracy with RFL and pods (the worst weaponry ever for accuracy) you're worst than bad. Simple. If you can't get this, why should you get reward? You are no better than an AFK'er.

In fact, let's remove everything else and just tie GSF rewards to accuracy:

0-15%: nothing

15-75%: 100 points

75-90%: 500 points

90-100%: 1000 points