How are guilds getting so many conquest points?

strallart

I'm finding conquest to be a mixed blessing personally; all this stuff is really cool but it really hurts small guilds. My tiny guild merged with a larger guild and there are some things that annoy me already with the new guild.

Ouch. You need to be careful with guild mergers... take your time and decide. Not too late of course, you could always leave the new merged, and find a guild that fits.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grinding the same content over and over and over is NOT my idea of fun. IM glad our guild was poor and could not be foolish enough to spend that kind of credits on little reward.

I don't mind the ship, for other reasons... I find it to be a great hub of activity for the guild (Display guild achievements and such (we started our achievements over from scratch, now when we do something as a guild, I (GM), will purchase the trophies at my expense... and we display them on the ship).

Its actually quite nice to see, and gives us something to work for. Have seen a big uptick in teaming for "trophy" runs. Ops especially... those who were previously on the fence have come out of their shells, willing to work with more experienced guildies for gearing advice and such.

For that aspect, I think the guild strongholds/flagships have been something wonderful. I was, early on, vocally against the cost... but now... I think it was well worth it.

My guild got our ship just for the sole purpose of it being a guild hall, the planetary conquest is just extra fun for us.

We do want to conquer a planet to check out the walkers and other things, but it'll be awhile until we can plan some grinding.

Should be no problem racking up points once we have a plan, one of the most active guilds on The Bastion.

I don't mind the ship, for other reasons... I find it to be a great hub of activity for the guild (Display guild achievements and such (we started our achievements over from scratch, now when we do something as a guild, I (GM), will purchase the trophies at my expense... and we display them on the ship).

Its actually quite nice to see, and gives us something to work for. Have seen a big uptick in teaming for "trophy" runs. Ops especially... those who were previously on the fence have come out of their shells, willing to work with more experienced guildies for gearing advice and such.

For that aspect, I think the guild strongholds/flagships have been something wonderful. I was, early on, vocally against the cost... but now... I think it was well worth it.

I get ya, we use the guild stronghold in the same way, just minus the huge cost.

Conquest is useless unless you have a big guild, my guild have 20 people on max as were some guilds have only 5 people they clearly are not catching duo to they can only get a max of so many points as were with 20 people the max is 4 times higher then the guild with 5 people in, so all them guilds that are only small really is a waste of time for them ...

Crafting never hurts, though it is not a game breaker in this round. Four words : Black Talon Story Mode. Solo it in five minutes and run it again, and again, and again, and again ... you got the point, right. Enjoy...

This.

It's 2k per run, and you can double it to 4k if your Guildship is parked over Balmorra.

Conquest is useless unless you have a big guild, my guild have 20 people on max as were some guilds have only 5 people they clearly are not catching duo to they can only get a max of so many points as were with 20 people the max is 4 times higher then the guild with 5 people in, so all them guilds that are only small really is a waste of time for them ...

Yep, we are now a small guild where we were once a medium guild, so we are not interested at this point. when / if we grow then maybe. it is a shame bioware shut some guilds out because of size.

Yep, we are now a small guild where we were once a medium guild, so we are not interested at this point. when / if we grow then maybe. it is a shame bioware shut some guilds out because of size.

If only they had implemented something like personal conquest content with 2.9. Oh. Wait. :rolleyes:

Four man groups running PvP are by far the fastest and most efficient way to build conquest points. You get some of the larger guilds running mass PvP and there is no chance of catching them.

**This is assuming they aren't using the FP trick to mass conquest points.

Edited by Arkerus

If only they had implemented something like personal conquest content with 2.9. Oh. Wait. :rolleyes:

The problem with conquest right now is, that it is efficiently killing a hell a lot of small and medium sized guilds. Most of the guildmasters are going "Farm conquest points 24/7 or ****" mode and a lot of players in small guilds are leaving to join one of those big guilds that can pull 1m per day or even more. Hell even my own guildmaster pulled out a "get conquest points or get kicked" move.

Bioware could basicaly make a patchnote stating "We decided to delete all guilds with 50/100 or less players for being irrelevant." and the situation would be the same.

Like I said, make it that all players in guilds that reached 35k will get their guild rewards regardless of placing OR introduce various brackets based on member count (1-50, 50-100, 100-200, 200-400, 400+ etc...)

The problem with conquest right now is, that it is efficiently killing a hell a lot of small and medium sized guilds. Most of the guildmasters are going "Farm conquest points 24/7 or ****" mode and a lot of players in small guilds are leaving to join one of those big guilds that can pull 1m per day or even more. Hell even my own guildmaster pulled out a "get conquest points or get kicked" move.

Sounds like a good time to leave that guild. He's doing everyone a favor.

Bioware could basicaly make a patchnote stating "We decided to delete all guilds with 50/100 or less players for being irrelevant." and the situation would be the same.

On my server, there are 3 planets being contested as I write this. Guild point totals for the top 10 range from 223k to 3.3 mil. You're telling me that a guild (that's actually a guild) can't beat 223k? Come on. You gotta at least try.

Like I said, make it that all players in guilds that reached 35k will get their guild rewards regardless of placing OR introduce various brackets based on member count (1-50, 50-100, 100-200, 200-400, 400+ etc...)

Players who reach 35k get personal rewards, guaranteed. If they want the guild rewards, then they need to contribute to a guild's success which sometimes means more than just grinding your 35k points. You might want to consider advising the GM to put the ship in an easier spot. You might want to find ways to increase member participation in conquest content within your guild. You might want to encourage players to complete decorating strongholds because they're a 25% bonus each to conquest points. Those would be three good ways to start.

Edited by DarthTHC

Players who reach 35k get personal rewards, guaranteed. If they want the guild rewards, then they need to contribute to a guild's success which sometimes means more than just grinding your 35k points. You might want to consider advising the GM to put the ship in an easier spot. You might want to find ways to increase member participation in conquest content within your guild. You might want to encourage players to complete decorating strongholds because they're a 25% bonus each to conquest points. Those would be three good ways to start.

Too bad the majority of the stuff for conquest has absolutely nothing to do with actually conquesting....

Too bad the majority of the stuff for conquest has absolutely nothing to do with actually conquesting....

This...

I was looking forward to actually invading planets... Actual open world PvP...

This is just saying, "go rerun all the old content over and over and get points".

Blea... Boring...

This...

This is just saying, "go rerun all the old content over and over and get points".

Blea... Boring...

I thought the champion mobs who were conquest targets spawned in open world PvP areas. Did I misunderstand that?

It can't all be about PvP. PvP players are a stark minority in MMO's, after all, even in this one.

I thought the champion mobs who were conquest targets spawned in open world PvP areas. Did I misunderstand that?

It can't all be about PvP. PvP players are a stark minority in MMO's, after all, even in this one.

That wasn't his point....The point is that no one is spending much time on the actual planet to get conquest points when 90% of the points should come from actually invading the planet.

This...

Blea... Boring...

This. So much this. Just over a week into this latest so called content. Utterly bored. Same old content I have been running for far too long.

This. So much this. Just over a week into this latest so called content. Utterly bored. Same old content I have been running for far too long.

I think it's sort of built to help players expand their horizons - try things in the game they haven't done before. The game is quite broad. I believe there's too much there to get bored with it, if you try to sample a large swath of it instead of boxing yourself into just one thing over and over and over again.

Your GM is an ******. That is killing your guild... not Bioware. Especially for a smaller guild.

That wasn't his point....The point is that no one is spending much time on the actual planet to get conquest points when 90% of the points should come from actually invading the planet.

Oh I don't know, the heroics on Balmorra in the current conquest seem to be a pretty good source of points.

I wonder, what sort of "planetary content" would people like you imagine. Keep in mind, such content has to be repeatable, so things like class and planetary story missions are out...

Oh I don't know, the heroics on Balmorra in the current conquest seem to be a pretty good source of points.

I wonder, what sort of "planetary content" would people like you imagine. Keep in mind, such content has to be repeatable, so things like class and planetary story missions are out...

Why does it have to be repeatable missions? Why can't it just be an all out war in the section the planet you want to conquer? Doesn't even have to be all pvp either. They could of easily designed sections on the planets that had a series of bases that could start as an outpost and then you move to a bigger base and so on till you reach a commander and control the entire sector. PvP could be mixed in with the fact that enemy players could come and take back the lost bases with a similar concept of killing the bosses but naturally players could defend the base as well.

Why does it have to be repeatable missions? Why can't it just be an all out war in the section the planet you want to conquer? Doesn't even have to be all pvp either. They could of easily designed sections on the planets that had a series of bases that could start as an outpost and then you move to a bigger base and so on till you reach a commander and control the entire sector. PvP could be mixed in with the fact that enemy players could come and take back the lost bases with a similar concept of killing the bosses but naturally players could defend the base as well.

I love how people who play MMO's, but don't develop them, describe how easy stuff is to develop.

I love equally how they casually toss PvP into the mix, seemingly oblivious to the fact that this would cause the vast majority of the player-base to avoid the content altogether.

I love how people who play MMO's, but don't develop them, describe how easy stuff is to develop.

I love equally how they casually toss PvP into the mix, seemingly oblivious to the fact that this would cause the vast majority of the player-base to avoid the content altogether.

Boo hoo, pvp, heaven forbid the content mixes together. PvPers would have to pve as well, get over it.

He didn't actually, so you can stop the silly over-empathy routine.

I love equally how they casually toss PvP into the mix' date=' seemingly oblivious to the fact that this would cause the vast majority of the player-base to avoid the content altogether.[/quote']

In my personally limited experience (4 servers since launch) I've known and seen more players that do PVE and PVP than just one or the other. So this is the part where I pull one of your favorites and say: Cite sources, facts, etc. Personal opinions hold no water.

Edited by Joesixxpack

In my personally limited experience (4 servers since launch) I've known and seen more players that do PVE and PVP, than just one or the other. So this is the part where I pull one of your favorites and say: Cite sources, facts, etc. Personal opinions hold no water.

Same for me. In fact, I don't know any player who just PvPs or just PvEs...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.