Is hacking currently a major problem in PVP?

CmdrShpd

There is no hacking in swtor.

A sorcerer performing a saber throw is no hack, a guardian vanishing on a node to magically reappear a few seconds later to cap it is no hack either.

Sure man, whatever you say...

Edited by yoomazir

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sorcerer performing a saber throw is no hack, a guardian vanishing on a node to magically reappear a few seconds later to cap it is no hack either.

Sure man, whatever you say...

Neither of these have ever happened.

A sorcerer performing a saber throw is no hack, a guardian vanishing on a node to magically reappear a few seconds later to cap it is no hack.

Been seeing this lately... Not sure if the vanishing thing is just a bug since the expansion... Seems a bit fishy

But I have seen a Sorc sabre throw, stealth out, and force leap... Definitely a Sorc for the throw and leap... The stealth out could possibly be a Assassin using a single blade sabre... But why they would I don't know

Neither of these have ever happened.

Just because you personally haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not happening.. When you play enough PVP you end up seeing nearly all dodgy looking stuff eventually, even if there just bugs or normal exploits... But then you may not even see one hack on your server... A lot of this stuff can be server or guild only related

Wow, that's a new one... LoL... That would be something to see... Pretty sure it wouldn't help them against good players

That's wouldn't be a result of hacking, there is a known bug where every once in a great while someone ends up in warzone outside of the ops group, theoretically that person could use their comp since they are not in a group.

But yeah it wouldn't give much of advantage.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Been seeing this lately... Not sure if the vanishing thing is just a bug since the expansion... Seems a bit fishy

But I have seen a Sorc sabre throw, stealth out, and force leap... Definitely a Sorc for the throw and leap... The stealth out could possibly be a Assassin using a single blade sabre... But why they would I don't know

Just because you personally haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not happening.. When you play enough PVP you end up seeing nearly all dodgy looking stuff eventually, even if there just bugs or normal exploits... But then you may not even see one hack on your server... A lot of this stuff can be server or guild only related

Maybe you should start using your class symbol icons because you clearly don't know your classes. That is literally impossible to do since abilities are not controlled by the client.

Maybe you should start using your class symbol icons because you clearly don't know your classes. That is literally impossible to do since abilities are not controlled by the client.

LOL... Im only saying what I saw... I have done no research "yet" to see how this is done... Maybe it's a bug... Who knows... But I definitely saw a Sorc throw a light sabre yesterday... Other people did too... As for the stealth... Probably an operative popped group stealth...

I don't need to use symbols.... If you look at my signature or read my other posts you would know I pvp with all classes and most of the different skill trees on rerolled classes... I know abilities, I know how to counter them easily... I always know what class is targeted or around me... Stealth cc is the hardest to tell... But a quick check on your debuf shows you which one

That's wouldn't be a result of hacking, there is a known bug where every once in a great while someone ends up in warzone outside of the ops group, theoretically that person could use their comp since they are not in a group.

But yeah it wouldn't give much of advantage.

Not saying it's hacking... Just saying it would be funny to see...

The "Hack" is a lie there is only "Skill"

Through "skill" I gain "victories"

Through "Victories" I gain "Comms"

Through "Comms" I gain "Gear"

Through "Gear" I gain "Expertise"

From "Expertise" my chains are broken

The premade shall set me free.

Nice lol.

There is no hacking in swtor. Theres a lot of win trading though if thats what they are talking about.

Only bads blame hacking.

Are you kidding or just trolling? ( I am going to reuse a post I did on this topic so forgive the dupicate.)

I have been PVPing since launch. I have been on multiple servers due to consolidation. I have toons on both sides. I have 10 toons I PVP with and the lowest valor is 77. I PVP a lot.

I see hacking ALL THE TIME. I have been on teams that hack. I have seen commandos launch mortar volley over and over for 1 minute straight without reducing their power a tick. I have seen toons speed through matches for the entire match at 150%. I have seen a ridiculous hack where someone could launch the “lean against a lightpole” toy during combat. This allowed all of his cooldowns to reset and heal him with the added bonus of making him untargetable. So he could stealth over and over and not get attacked.

Toons falling into walls, toons teleporting that aren’t assassin/shadows, toons becoming untargetable while capping, toons whose energy will not diminish.

It happens a lot. Saying it doesn’t is a lie.

In warzones I cant say for certain I have ever seen a hacker. I have seen a few ... quick people but seeing as how I have never played op/scoun to beyond level 25 I figured it was just something they get in one of their trees at a higher level. Never said anything about it though because I won't cry foul unless I am certain something that shouldn't be happening is going on.

In GSF however... I have seen gunships fire from over 30km... Only seen it once, never seen the guy again, I assume he was banned.

More pressing to me in GSF is the glitches. You will see them (always a gunship) have direct LOS on you parked up near an asteroid where you cant hit them for whatever reason.

Edited by tomatosquish

Are you kidding or just trolling? ( I am going to reuse a post I did on this topic so forgive the dupicate.)

I have been PVPing since launch. I have been on multiple servers due to consolidation. I have toons on both sides. I have 10 toons I PVP with and the lowest valor is 77. I PVP a lot.

I see hacking ALL THE TIME. I have been on teams that hack. I have seen commandos launch mortar volley over and over for 1 minute straight without reducing their power a tick. I have seen toons speed through matches for the entire match at 150%. I have seen a ridiculous hack where someone could launch the “lean against a lightpole” toy during combat. This allowed all of his cooldowns to reset and heal him with the added bonus of making him untargetable. So he could stealth over and over and not get attacked.

Toons falling into walls, toons teleporting that aren’t assassin/shadows, toons becoming untargetable while capping, toons whose energy will not diminish.

I smell a baddie yelling a lot of BS and apparently playing on dial up.

And in all those cases, have you ever considered frapsing / getting any proof?

Does it? Never seen any on European servers. Seen one or two exploits though.