Please repeal the hologram npc decision

siegeshot

I agree.

My companions are all color coded and dressed as my personal cultists (So I have a bit of an ego, whatever). I want to adorn the halls with my personal army, but they turn into holograms when im not on my main. That, and the npc limit have severely limited my creative capabilities. No standing army and/or cult following for me I guess.

..yay strongholds.. yaay...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed! Totally agree. As an avid RPer, yes, I'd love the ability to interact with all my companions across all my characters that use a stronghold... that's why I put them in that particular stronghold. Saying they shouldn't know each other makes no real sense, because, well, Legacy. If my trooper is my Jedi Knight's sister, or my bounty hunter's mother, or my smuggler's close friend, why shouldn't their crew and companions know each other? Why shouldn't they hang out and chat?

Beyond that, I'd like the ability to pick who's a hologram and who's not. I can totally see making holocalls to absent companions from the comfort of one's own (or mother's/sister's/best friend's) home. But the holograms need to retain armor and customizations, especially if Bioware intends us to use companions to show off favourite old armor sets on top of everything else.

If they just had something besides their skivvies on, I'd be ok with the holograms! Companions hanging out in their underwear = not cool.

This appears to be a bug that's mostly specific to the first companion for each class.

edit - in terms of them being in underwear, anyway. Other companions tend to wear their "default" clothes they start with.

Edited by E-Zekiel

IIRC, originally, opposite faction companions appeared as enemies and were killable for XP while they were real. So they probably will fix that before they turn them real just so that people can't abuse it.

They actually fixed that one.. They don't try to kill you any more as soon as you try to zone in.. but good catch on internal testing Bio how did that get past you?... :rolleyes:

I agree.

My companions are all color coded and dressed as my personal cultists (So I have a bit of an ego, whatever). I want to adorn the halls with my personal army, but they turn into holograms when im not on my main. That, and the npc limit have severely limited my creative capabilities. No standing army and/or cult following for me I guess.

..yay strongholds.. yaay...

There's nothing wrong with that. You should be able to do it... It's only obvious people want to do stuff like this when there's a certain character that even has that written into their story anyway. :rolleyes:

Saying they shouldn't know each other makes no real sense, because, well, Legacy. If my trooper is my Jedi Knight's sister, or my bounty hunter's mother, or my smuggler's close friend, why shouldn't their crew and companions know each other? Why shouldn't they hang out and chat?

Beyond that, I'd like the ability to pick who's a hologram and who's not. I can totally see making holocalls to absent companions from the comfort of one's own (or mother's/sister's/best friend's) home.

Yeah especially when several of those characters even know each other per the game's own story! :rolleyes: They absolutely SHOULD be hanging out if we want! Duh!

Another thing is, if we want them to be holos, (like if we're RP'ing that they died, or whatever) we should be able to have that too!

Also we should be able to nickname them so we can just customize them! *GRrrrrrrrr!*

I would rather like to see the amount of people that can visit me reduced than the amount of companions I can place to get rid of the stupid holo decision.

Yeah I know, I totally hear ya. I just throw out multiple solutions because it's mindboggling how Bio is controlling aka micromanaging our play experience to protect us from ourselves or wtfever they're doing... :confused: I'm on an RP server ffs. On there we should essentially be able to do whatever we want. I could care less what the other server-types are doing but I know at least SOME PEOPLE would enjoy this stuff on there..........

If they just had something besides their skivvies on, I'd be ok with the holograms! Companions hanging out in their underwear = not cool.

Hm. I want an HK custom where he's in undies... but they need to be on his head. AAAAAAAAANYWAY! Now I forgot what I really wanted to say.

Oh yeah. I have extensive RP stories that link up my characters AND their companions. Legacy tree was a complete and total fail like all of the other systems, and this's just "legacy" fail 2.0.

I won't bore you with my weirdo stories here.. but a lot of my companions should be hanging out and are actually close friends......

This is SO frustrating! COME ON BIO! :mad:

Edited by siegeshot

/signed

I would love to see the ability to place any of the characters from my legacy and their unique companions in the stronghold.

However, if you are an altoholic like me that is the potential for a lot of NPCs. A single character has the potential with 5 class companions, the ship droid, HK and the Ewok to amass 8 companions. Across all the character slots (22 if you are a subscriber with the 10 unlocks) on a server that would amount to 198 NPCs.

That's obviously quite a few free NPCs ;)

It's actually 114. Treek, HK-51, 2V-R8, and C2-N2 would all be merged into a single asset. (Cuz, you know, shortcuts.) If you could then choose their outfits and customizations from all the available ones you own, that would be ideal to me.

But then, an armor stand would have solved this entirely.

Edited by OmenQ

I guarantee that this was not a decision made for a non technical reason.

If you have two characters of the same class you can see how bad the current implementation is technically. For example I have two inquisitors, I place andronikos with my Assassin and log over to my Sorc. Andronikos is now my Sorc's Andronikos, customizations and all. This combined with the peculiarities with the holographic versions of companions leads me to believe that something is pretty terribly wrong with companions; the current implementation is likely intended to be a workaround for some major database or other limitation.

It'd be really cool to have this in the future but not at the expense of screwing other stuff up if it requires major database changes.

I put Pierce and Kaliyo together in a room with lots of guns and explosives to see what would happen. When I came back to check on them, Kaliyo was naked.

Not a fan of the bug or the holo decision, but in this case it was both appropriate and hilarious.

I agree on this. Initially, the part I cared most about was that my companions lost their customization. I have some I particularly like such as one that came from the first Rakhgoul event. After reading the posts of others here, I agree that in addition, it would be nice if they were in non-hologram form for other reasons, such as also doubling as displays for rare armor/costumes that one isn't currently wearing on their respective characters. I have a companion wearing some old pvp armor that hasn't been in-game for quite some time, and still looks kinda cool (e.g. :beefy shoulder-launched rockets, on my Tanno Vik, making him the perfect "bouncer" at my... heh-hem... establishment). ;)

I agree.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I have noticed some things about the holograms themselves. Corso, for example, is naked in his hologram. I'm pretty sure all companion customizations (such as different faces) don't transfer either. At least, my HK's customization didn't, and neither did Corso's.

Nothing is transferred! Not even the armor they are wearing when you place them. If you change the armor on your companion, the companion decoration will update accordingly, but only when your character is there. Then it resets completely. So the earlier suggestion to display the armor through your companion is quite pointless, as it is right now.

Edited by Jurannus

I can deal with holograms, I can deal with starter outfits, But they should look like my companion, Oh yeah and give me more space for pets so I can spend money in your damned cartel market.. DOH! I want to put all my pets in my Stronghold.

PS Let me name my stronghold after my legacy!!!!

Yes, please!

I really want to place my Companions in my Stronghold, and I don't want to be limited with this in any way. Also, if you will make possible to place our characters inside, I will pay my Sub for the rest of my life. Thanks!

Yes, please!

I really want to place my Companions in my Stronghold, and I don't want to be limited with this in any way. Also, if you will make possible to place our characters inside, I will pay my Sub for the rest of my life. Thanks!

I want to be able to place my alts inside, and I also want to be able to collect statues or slightly animated versions of my friends wearing their favorite suit! Maybe sitting on their favorite chair or something or at their favorite bar!

I want these darn strongholds to feel ALIVE!!!!!

Signed

My beef is that even as holograms the companions do NOT display what I have them wearing.

I come in on an alt and the companions of my main are not dressed as they should be and in some cases aren't dressed at all.

25 isn't even enough to place more than a few of my companions.

Not a RP guy, at least with other people but I agree with this thread and support it. I bought the Coruscant Stronghold with the intention of putting all of my Trooper class based companions in there considering they are all military. I am not a fan of hologram decision, I understand it but I don't think it is needed because it is a legacy wide stronghold anyway and not a personal starship.

Knowing Bioware, this will not happen in years the next two years but I did want to lend my support to the thread.

Thank you for all of the support on this. Stronghold feeling so entirely dead and all of these armor shells going to waste in my storage.....

I'm not giving up hope that we can dress up our companions, maybe give them a scripted emote... something... no more mandatory hologram ......