Please repeal the hologram npc decision

siegeshot

I would very much like this too.

Also, they revert to "default" clothing when in holo-form. That's kind of...meh...just not as cool. Some companions also bug when they do this - Qyzen Fess and Vette both become naked.

Not just them. I have holo-Corso chatting up my waitress in his undies.

Damnit, Corso! Slow down! :eek:

/signed I would be very happy with actual companions too, instead of those silly holos.

Edited by Callaron

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, the hologram thing is just bad, so is the limit.

I had been putting together some interactions between the companions, mostly humorous but both the holo and the limit thing just kills it.

On an extra note anybody else having an issue with the comps being shone in their underwear?

I expect we'll hear something about this within two weeks.. leading into the preferred launch...

The 25 npc limit and hologram + underwear npc thing is unacceptable... so yea.

Bio, let's just start a tiny bit at a time okay? Let's try from 25 npcs to 30, and let's try 5 companions non-hologram with their right clothes and custom. Can we just start there?

If performance is that big of a deal, think of a new tier of pay or something where we can get on smaller housing servers where this is allowed..... priority housing or something vs free housing. Like ftp'ers have less npcs and all holo's or something.........

This really isn't difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

/signed

The holograms need to go away, and the companion's customization and gear should remain the one of the character who placed the companion in the stronghold as a decoration. And if you change that companion's gear, then the companion decoration should change along with it.

Only allowing one of each individual companion is fine, though. No stronghold should have two Kaliyos in it, no matter how many Imperial Agents you have.

I'm for making it optional for each hook.

I'd like to use Bowdaar as a cantina bouncer, even when my scoundrel isn't logged in. A hologram won't do it, the military guards don't fit the place, and a jawa or interior designer would do an even worse job than a wookie hologram.

On the other hand, there are applications for holograms: Temple and Vette serve as "holo-show on standby" in my smuggler's place. :rod_wink_g:

Of course both points could be simply solved by adding more personnel decorations. Once we don't need to use our companions to add a certain feel to our places, I'd also like another option: disabling companions that are accompanying us or that belong to other characters.

Edited by Mubrak

On one of their streams they said it made sense from a lore perspective, that they're off doing random adventures when you're not logged into the character they belong to. But I completely disagree. The characters I'm not logged into are not out on some adventure, they are in fact sitting around the stronghold waiting for me to login to them, and thus so are their companions.

It makes sense that the active companion becomes a holo in the stronghold, but the rest shouldn't be. Of course a switch between holo or not would be the optimal.

I would rather like to see the amount of people that can visit me reduced than the amount of companions I can place to get rid of the stupid holo decision.

THIS so much! I bet for many of us it is highly unlikely to have as many as 50 people in our strongholds at once at the same time. Well, maybe every once in a while we all want to throw a big party, but limiting the actual decoration possibilities for the sake of a rare occurrence hardly makes any sense, does it. And why not go a little step further and actually let us choose? Set up tiers of sorts? Like: limit to 10 visitors but get 40 more decoration hooks in exchange, 20 visitors + 30 hooks, and so on.

I'm humbled by you guys keeping this thread going. It's really amazing. I'm glad we at least tried to have our voices heard. For whatever it's worth, I'm glad we have the moral high ground and tried to do our best.........

Take care.

Never surrender, never give up.

The 25 NPC limit is a dealbreaker on Tatooine, anyway. I can't possibly do what I want in that gigantic space without the ability to place more NPCs. WHY are companions, pets AND live mounts counted together???? And why, if I mount a non-livestock mount that is also placed in the stronghold, doesn't it turn holo? Why do the live mounts? Why do NPCs?

Seriously, BIOWARE, since you can't actually USE anything in the stronghold (can't click/sit, sleep, etc.), you DON't allow macros which would make that process easier; in sum the SH is just eye candy,

WHY DID YOU SCREW UP SO BADLY WHEN IT COMES TO NPCs? Sheesh.

Without the ability to place more NPCs, have them interact, and show fully instead of holo, the entire stronghold thing is

just UNFINISHED.

Also the hook limitation on Tatooine is STUPID and INANE.... 500 hooks total???? Why are there no hooks on the perimeters?

Someone should be FIRED for this total INCOMPETENCE.

%100 agree.

1. Get rid of the hologram thing. When I'm out in the world everyone, same faction/opposite faction, can see my companion solid. No reason whey they can't see the solid in our GSH.

2. Increase the NPC limit from 25 to anything. My Stronghold looks empty without more characters filling up the place. I have a ton of pets but can't show them all off.

3. Increase the amount of hooks from 475 to anything. I have so much more that I want to put in but I'm constantly having to take something out to put something new in.

4. Make npc's active. not just standing there. I think their are 2, maybe 3, that actually has movement. (Guards are ok just standing still)

5. Clothes on npc. I put a butler suit on my ship droid but only I can see that costume. Everyone else who comes in just see's a golden droid, or stupid hologram. Even when one of my alts come in, they just see it as a golden droid.

Please Bioware address these things.

%100 agree.

1. Get rid of the hologram thing. When I'm out in the world everyone, same faction/opposite faction, can see my companion solid. No reason whey they can't see the solid in our GSH.

2. Increase the NPC limit from 25 to anything. My Stronghold looks empty without more characters filling up the place. I have a ton of pets but can't show them all off.

3. Increase the amount of hooks from 475 to anything. I have so much more that I want to put in but I'm constantly having to take something out to put something new in.

4. Make npc's active. not just standing there. I think their are 2, maybe 3, that actually has movement. (Guards are ok just standing still)

5. Clothes on npc. I put a butler suit on my ship droid but only I can see that costume. Everyone else who comes in just see's a golden droid, or stupid hologram. Even when one of my alts come in, they just see it as a golden droid.

Please Bioware address these things.

This, please.

This, please.

This. And....

Live mounts can be placed and if you mount the mount IT doesn't go holo, but your companions and those of your other toons do. WHY?

Live mounts, companions, NPCs (that you buy) AND minipets are ALL LUMPED TOGETHER and contribute to your total NPC count of 25,. WHY?

My Tatooine stronghold looks vacant, despite the fact that I have filled every available hook. Which, btw I ran out of and have to purchase 2 more rooms to get more. REALLY BIOWARE???? Frankly, at this point, I am disinclined to make the purchase. They're just 2 underground rooms and since I can't put any NPCs in either of them, having exhausted my limit, (I had to remove ALL minipets in order to have room for live mounts and humanoid NPCs) I can't see the point.

I like the look of the strongholds themselves, but the inability to utilize all of my npcs in them from all toons in the legacy, minipets and as many live mounts as I want, really make the whole thing rather... empty.

And no, it is unlikely that my stronghold will ever have more than 1/2 doz guests at a time.

WHY don't the NPCs TALK???? They do in-game elsewhere when you click on them!!! If I click on the medical droid it should speak to me. Same with Bartenders, waitresses, dancers, etc. Seriously it's like being in a friggin ghost town.

Jukeboxes should have a "loop" option that can be enabled by the gold key holder.

Time to put some actual functionality into the strongholds instead of just empty eye candy. I'd say it's a decent start. I have many more suggestions but this thread is primarily about the NPCs.

Signed as well, The Holograms Looks cool for some things, i put the ship droids down around my speeder station and made it look like a speeder rental place so that was cool, but, the naked/undroo holograms lacks the fun factor of putting my people in there. I wanted specific bedrooms for the companions with them standing there cause it would be cool, not holograms standing there in the bunk area like "look at me i'm here and present for the presentation, lol not really I'm GONE HAHA'

I am in agreement with all of you but something VERY interesting happens when you have two Sith Warriors and one of them chose Light Side Jaesa while the other chose Dark Side Jaesa:

You can ACTUALLY post BOTH Jaesa's side by side in your Stronghold! My LS Jaesa stands guarding my LS Datacron Master Achievement Datacrons while DS Jaesa stands guarding my DS Datacrons. It would make ZERO logical sense to have BOTH in the flesh at the same time.

Still, very F-ing cool! Has anyone else noticed this awesomeness? BW truly does treat both Jaesa's as two completely different companions. =)!!!!!!

I am in agreement with all of you but something VERY interesting happens when you have two Sith Warriors and one of them chose Light Side Jaesa while the other chose Dark Side Jaesa:

You can ACTUALLY post BOTH Jaesa's side by side in your Stronghold! My LS Jaesa stands guarding my LS Datacron Master Achievement Datacrons while DS Jaesa stands guarding my DS Datacrons. It would make ZERO logical sense to have BOTH in the flesh at the same time.

Still, very F-ing cool! Has anyone else noticed this awesomeness? BW truly does treat both Jaesa's as two completely different companions. =)!!!!!!

You can also place 2 Treeks and 2 HK-51s in your stronghold. They count as different NPCs for each faction.

You can also place 2 Treeks and 2 HK-51s in your stronghold. They count as different NPCs for each faction.

Ah ha that's how that works! This actually works for speeders too by the way so I guess it makes sense.

Hopefully Bio will start looking at more posts on the forum again soon and see this... and realize we're the customer...

I completely agree the "holograms" just ruin the stronghold for the most part. Cheapens it significantly at the least.

And to people who don't know or understand what a hologram is or why they're holograms, they just think their companion is "blue" for some reason... There is a lot Bio could do to alleviate this and they just don't seem to want to.

Common Bio take a look at the disappointed folks that want to enjoy strongholds!

Further to all other similar posts, these holograms make my SH look like a GHOST TOWN. It's creepy and since neither live mounts nor pets placed in the SH suffer this horrid affliction I can only assume it's lazy design or coding? Fail. Really this IS a total atmosphere KILLER.

Further to all other similar posts, these holograms make my SH look like a GHOST TOWN. It's creepy and since neither live mounts nor pets placed in the SH suffer this horrid affliction I can only assume it's lazy design or coding? Fail. Really this IS a total atmosphere KILLER.

It's supposedly to do with how much server load it creates on the SH servers but... as everyone's already pointed out... does every stronghold need to be rated to hold 50 people or whatever? Can't strongholds be backburnered if not in use? Can subs maybe be bumped to a beefier server and allowed at least a few, 2, 5, something? Maybe we could turn down the npc count in trade for a few non-holo companions?

But they don't even seem to be making an effort..... another lost opportunity.

Edited by siegeshot