Please repeal the hologram npc decision

siegeshot

I finally just took my companions out of all my SH because they look like ghosts,. I replaced my companions with live mounts, minipets and NPCs that I bought. I would like to use my companions, and those of my alts, but the holos destroy the ambiance of the place.

Didn't anyone on the design team actually PLAY the game and LOOK at this effect before signing off on it? Many things that work certain ways everywhere else in the game, for some reason were changed not to work in your SH (for instance, your SHIP! and NPCs that don't talk when you click on them; chairs that you can't click/sit)

(gee BW what would it have taken to make some of these things actually work?)

Since the SH is nothing more than EYE CANDY and since BW apparently isn't interested in investing the time or effort to making the SH actually functional, at the very bloody least, you would think designers would focused on making sure it looks AWESOME, as that's really the only thing SHs have to offer!!!! Whatever pinhead or team of pinheads that decided to (a) count NPCs, companions, mounts and pets as one category and (2) turn companions into holos when your live mounts and pets DO NOT has failed to accomplish their singular task -- to make the SH as attractive as possible. Instead, this ONE "feature" destroys any aesthetics, atmosphere, feel, appearance, ambiance, that could be set up. If anything, the holos actually DETRACT from the overall appearance.

Wai to fayle. Sheesh... can't even do eye candy right.... gawwwd...*thud*

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some would rather have an option to turn them holo or not, cause some have the jedi council meeting setups and some are using holo call in the movie

Ok, I know I said originally I wanted the holograms to go, but for this case I can agree. So the option to turn the hologram on or off would be acceptable.

There needs to be an option where you can either set the personnel as holo or physical. That way, you could set up a Jedi council scenario with holo characters if you so wish. I do totally agree though, having them just set as holo personnel is really annoying and very cheap looking.

I have my Tatooine setup so that their are Imp and Pub areas, and some shared areas. In those locations, I wanted to have a companion acting as "lead guard" with a few of the imp/pub pvp guards with them. It was awesome and cute and then... hologram.

This ties into the Padawan/Acolyye personnel ask from the other thread, I would love Xalek and Ashara to have a little follower, and I know Nadia would love it.

Also, if they weren't holograms, I wanted to unlock HK on all of my toons and have 1 room with just 16 HKs standing there. Balcony room in Tatooiine maybe.

Greetings, Meatbags.

So with 3.0 news being released today, not a mention about anything related to GSH's. So can we get some kind of statement about this request to make holograms an option to turn on or off?

I had a long list of other improvements I wanted taken care of as well, but if we have to start somewhere, lets at least start with this issue.

So with 3.0 news being released today, not a mention about anything related to GSH's. So can we get some kind of statement about this request to make holograms an option to turn on or off?

I had a long list of other improvements I wanted taken care of as well, but if we have to start somewhere, lets at least start with this issue.

I wonder when can we expect any sort of GSH improvements/changes other than basic bug fixes? :confused: Like, do they plan to address any of the feedback before the expansion or 3.2 is the earliest we can expect actual improvements (seeing how 3.1 will be just fixing galore of 3.0 bugs). Lack of communication doesn't help, no yellow posts in this section to be seen anywhere, not even in GSH-related threads in Cartel Market Suggestions section :( Edited by Pietrastor

I wonder when can we expect any sort of GSH improvements/changes other than basic bug fixes? :confused: Like, do they plan to address any of the feedback before the expansion or 3.2 is the earliest we can expect actual improvements (seeing how 3.1 will be just fixing galore of 3.0 bugs). Lack of communication doesn't help, no yellow posts in this section to be seen anywhere, not even in GSH-related threads in Cartel Market Suggestions section :(

I'm wondering the same thing.

I have line of sight issues in a big chunk of my Nar Shadaa stronghold that's really irritating.

Most of the stuff on my "large hooks" can't even move around very far in the large hook. I don't understand why don't they let things move past "9".

None of my speeders or pets are legacy shared.

It takes up to several minutes to release something back into my catalog to move again after I pick it up.

It takes up to several DAYS for a new trophy to show up in my catalog.

Why so few rug hooks... looks stupid!

Half the decorations seem to be cartel-only, packs only, and outrageously rare and expensive... I'd pay for them if they were guaranteed in a pack or buy some kind of "stronghold season pass" or something. It's just... very upsetting. And they make the in-game decorations such an easter egg hunt.

If they want people to spend money on this stuff the *LEAST* they could do is do it right. Starting with the hologram / 25 npc limit thing. And yes I'd pay extra for a faster housing server and these perks. My stronghold / guildship are the only thing keeping me in the game right now.

I could write an absolute book. Don't even get me started on starship decorations and starfighter decorations and how hook deco replacement seems to have a mind of it's own.

But all of that aside, the 25 npc placement (which includes pets because?) and the hologram ("blue companions") thing is driving me up a wall.

I have a feeling they will never listen to us. They have done their work and don't want to go back and try and adjust things cause that's too much work. My place is full and no room for anything new. Anything new I want I have to delete something old. Well I like it as is now. So no reason to buy any future packs with decorations in them cause obviously, no place to put them.

Were stuck with holograms. Were stuck with the number of items we can put in our strongholds. Were stuck with generic looking companions wearing nothing like they really do.

Edited by Banthabreeder

I was disappointed that my companions from other toons were holograms. I really thought they could be used to make my stronghold feel more alive. Please listen to us and make them real. You could offer a hologram version also, and make the holo version a separate item.

Okay, so we got one thing confirmed:

" A new Stronghold is already in the works. Maclean said he really wanted a place on Alderaan but Teeg made sure to point out that Maclean wasn't saying it was Alderaan (insert I'm not saying it's aliens meme here).

So I guess were getting a new stronghold sometime in the future. Instead of 4 strongholds well have 5 strongholds that still has all the problems/issues were complaining about now. Thanks for listening Bioware.

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding my vote about getting rid of the holo companion thing. It's the perfect chance to tie in the Legacy Tree being able to see all the companions interact, and it'd be cool to see your characters as well but that's another wish for another day.

Seeing the companions strategically placed turn into holos when logging in a different character does ruin it. I feel like they're all former Jedis and expect to see Obi Wan Yoda and Anakin standing there beside them. I understand it must have to do with server load if having to load customized gear for all of them, but if you're not having 50 guests you'd think it could be diverted. What if we can reduce the number of allowed guests with a + or - button, and if we do, then it allows companions to then not be holos?

I would like to see my companions and in armour I give them, but I like holo companions too as they have use when mixing them with decoration like this:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/necroscop/SWTOR%20decorations/swtor2014-10-2823-49-11-12.jpg

So if BW will make change to it give us option to have holo too.