Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted fro another thread that just got closed by me:

I am sorry for you EU guys, but let me point out something here. When WOW first started, there were no separate maintenance windows for EU and US servers. Tuesdays were the set day to do maintenance and it was ALWAYS on during the day here in US for THE WHOLE DAY! Now, US EU servers are separate, but the play on EU servers, you have to have a EU version of the game (Unless that changed) and Vice versa. This is the first week for the game and when people are saying that you are paying for the the game, you really are paying to be allowed to play on the servers. You do not own the game, as in the actual game itself.

Now if Bioware/EA did this at peak US time, I wonder how many of you EU players would sign the petition from us? It is always amazing to me that people rant and rage over a game that will be back online later in the day. I know someone who scheduled a week off work for the early access and was pissed when he did not get in the first day.

Again I am sorry that EU players are suffering, but to compare this game to WOW as it is now, is stupid and if you want a comparison, compare the game to WOW when the game was first released or when the server crashed because they rushed a patch out or when the server crashed because they skipped a maintenance window because players were complaining. There will always be someone somewhere affected by this and I am sorry, but you can not please all the people all the time.

True but now is 2012 *soon

The only way they can really do separate patch times is if they region lock servers, which would suck even more than what's going on now. I know I wouldn't play if it were region locked, as I am a Soldier stationed overseas and would end up stuck playing with people who don't even speak my language.

Just look at it this way, you lost 11-5. I lost my entire evening.

The servers correct me if im wrong, are in Ireland (Europe) so i fail to understand how it is not possible to do a split update for both the american and european servers. Either the updates come from ireland (so can be doen during the night for us) or they come from america, where its late evening during our nights. Not like anyone has to get up at a graveyard time to patch the EU servers.

Well, i lied to my boss, told him i'm sick and cant come to work so i got a day off...just to play SWTOR...thanks Bioware for ruining european players' day.....

If you didn't take the day off then you would be at work. Thus it would not be peak hours for you.

I don't understand how anyone can argue that 10am-4pm is peak hours. A majority of people do not get home from work before 4pm. The only people complaining are those who don't have anything to do all day.

Love the logic of the thread getting Necro'd by an EA/ BW 'Community Representative' in an effort to 'keep the forums tidy'.

I guess that sends a pretty clear indication of the possibility of the tech teaming being capable enough to offer compartmentalized EU/US maintenance schedules in the foreseeable future.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for making this OP. A thread related to the same issue was just closed and a dev refered us here.

I think what someone else writes on this page says it all best:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/22/why-is-swtor-down-during-europes-day/

We appreciate the servers have to be maintained, patched, etc., but surely there can be more than one time slot for different sides of the planet?! :confused:

so, as i said +1 for european / usa different downtimes. for whoever wants to play on both servers, the game can be modified to work that way even though i think they'd be a minority. it's not unusual for software to have multiple versions active at the same time anyway.

if it's not possible to have separate downtimes for any reason, do them so that they make one side of the world happy each. so first time down during the day for european players then down during the day for usa players and so on. that way it's fair for everyone

So this is the new/old petition thread?

We weren't discussing it in the previous topic, it was a petition.

But if we have to continue here, sure.

+1 Sign for better maintaince times! (Including all regions)

--

Netherlands, GMT+1

this just completely sucks for us europeans. can we do it the other way around the next time, with us patching during the day and eu at night? take turns and how great is that?

just set up a separate patch schedule for europe or tell us directly you want to dump the european customers.

a good start is already closing the more active thread and forcing all posts on this one. way to try to hide it before supposedly going back online.

for the patch version:

any programmer their worth could just check the client version vs the server version and deny/allow login. next excuse please.

Makes me laugh. Every game, same posts. Look folks if you have staggared updates you get the stupid "Why can we have updates at the same time" threads . If you dont you get the "I cant play during the day posts" .

Its one day for 4 hours for goodness sake get over it. Go walk the dog or something. Next week most of us will be back at work anyway so its all irrelavant.

If you didn't take the day off then you would be at work. Thus it would not be peak hours for you.

I don't understand how anyone can argue that 10am-4pm is peak hours. A majority of people do not get home from work before 4pm. The only people complaining are those who don't have anything to do all day.

I don't think anyone is claiming that the servers are down during peak time, but this is much worse than having the game down for maintenance in the early hours of the day.

What I want to know..

Why the hell did they bother with non US servers if the maintainence times are going to be the same?

Other than a little bit of ping/lag ( which for most people tends not to be an issue these days ) what other possible reason is there for European servers?

Seriously, it's frelling retarded having the maintainence during the afternoon.

If this was free to play then fair enough, but why the hell should we pay for a service that means a lot of people are going to loose one out of every seven days.

Edited by Reksat

I am so tired of the EU players complaining about their game time interuptions. Every MMO we see the same thing.

The folks running this game have lives, and work normal hours. They come into the office, do the work on their normal working hours.

It has very little to do with what time the EU players or US player prefer to have it done.

Screw the rest of the world and the Bioware employees who have to do the work...right?

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate

As JonDemo says:

This is a campaign to get European Servers Maintained during the early hours of the morning in Europe.

Why should European players have to suffer 4 or more hours of playtime interruption during the European afternoon. Upcoming server maintenance for SWTOR includes all servers and will affect them between 4-10am CST. This is 1-5pm CET. Which means scores of European players on holiday will have their peak play time interrupted.

As the servers are designated to a region, why not employ regional maintenance. There are two benefits to this.

- firstly the European and Asian players don't feel like second hand community members, slaves to US policy

- secondly maintenance issues that are potentially damaging would only affect a block of servers at a time.

Sign this petition if you want to play SW during the European afternoons.

I TOTALLY agree on this.