Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought 10am to 4pm was off-peak hours, people are generally at work during those times. They are down until 11am EDT and you don't see any threads about this from people in the US.

Give it time, the game has been out one week, anything new has to be worked out for maint so it has the least amount of downtime.

Please. Stop compering everything to WOW...................... Wow was new like 7years ago? And you're compering that to SW, that was new in... December 2011? So there is no excuse for this stupid maintenance timing. Bugs and **** are ofc understandable, but this is just annoying as f***

Again i totally agree, it's really frustrating that they do not alter the time of maintenance for EU servers from those in America. They should cater for all of their players and not just the American audience.

Anyhow i would like to know Biowares reason for doing this, did they just not think about it or was there any reason at all? Either way in the future this has to change.

Slightly off topic but this reminds me of all the Bioware community events from the last few years.

Major hyped build up with countdown clocks, web pages and loud fanfairs going on for months. Only for us to find out at the last possible instant that they were to be US only.

Edited by Reksat

Do these patches during the nights when there are few people on. that counts for both us and eu regions. Having these big players like EA, Bioware etc being responsible for this game you should have thought about this tbh.

Yes, normally most of us would be working but still that is not an excuse. This is one of those details that can either make or break the game. Happy people = a long life to the game while unsatisfied people = bad reviews.

I am so tired of the whiney EU players complaining about their game time interuptions. Every MMO we see the same thing.

The folks running this game have lives, and work normal hours. the come into the office, do the work on their normal working hours.

It has very little to do with what time the EU players or US player prefer to have it done.

Funny.

Guess who'd be the first to post if downtime was during US peak time.

Please post something constructive instead of getting abusive.

As JonDemo says:

This is a campaign to get European Servers Maintained during the early hours of the morning in Europe.

Why should European players have to suffer 4 or more hours of playtime interruption during the European afternoon. Upcoming server maintenance for SWTOR includes all servers and will affect them between 4-10am CST. This is 1-5pm CET. Which means scores of European players on holiday will have their peak play time interrupted.

As the servers are designated to a region, why not employ regional maintenance. There are two benefits to this.

- firstly the European and Asian players don't feel like second hand community members, slaves to US policy

- secondly maintenance issues that are potentially damaging would only affect a block of servers at a time.

Sign this petition if you want to play SW during the European afternoons.

I TOTALLY agree on this.

also /sign

to all those saying they have to be patched at the same time

how does trion manage it with rift then, cos at least when i was playing it you could choose to play EU or US servers, there was no region locking and yet their maintenance was done seperately for each set of servers.

the would frequently post up seperate notification times of NA or EU servers getting maintenance