Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, us EU players have had two days we cannot play, out of seven. OK, so it's not 'days' but six hour slots.

12 hours a week down time = about 26 days out of the year.

Does that mean all EU players can have one months free sub a year?

As 10 AM to 4 PM are working hours, I don't really care too much about it. In the future I won't be surprised to see our maintenance switch to the nightly hours as well though.

Working hours for you ? fine then being as you're ok the rest of the EU can go get stuffed then ! ! !

Well maybe as I start at midnight and get home about 9am (ish) I may not like losing almost a full days play ! Hmm.. maybe I should ask BW to refund me the cost of one days play each week ??? (yeah right)

The OP and many of replies here are quite correct in saying this 10am-4pm EU downtime is a slap in the face to EU players ! !

:mad:

Edited by P-hantom

As far as I know, the EU servers are in Ireland.

As DannyKush(I think, forgive me if it is misspelt) mentioned in another thread:

The patching is specified as 4am-10am CST for the Americans.

Surely the primetime of NA is not xpm-3am? No reason to, for instance, patch a couple of hours earlier, if they really do not want to have seperate times for EU and US.

It is laughable, frankly.

Posted fro another thread that just got closed by me:

I am sorry for you EU guys, but let me point out something here. When WOW first started, there were no separate maintenance windows for EU and US servers. Tuesdays were the set day to do maintenance and it was ALWAYS on during the day here in US for THE WHOLE DAY! Now, US EU servers are separate, but the play on EU servers, you have to have a EU version of the game (Unless that changed) and Vice versa. This is the first week for the game and when people are saying that you are paying for the the game, you really are paying to be allowed to play on the servers. You do not own the game, as in the actual game itself.

Now if Bioware/EA did this at peak US time, I wonder how many of you EU players would sign the petition from us? It is always amazing to me that people rant and rage over a game that will be back online later in the day. I know someone who scheduled a week off work for the early access and was pissed when he did not get in the first day.

Again I am sorry that EU players are suffering, but to compare this game to WOW as it is now, is stupid and if you want a comparison, compare the game to WOW when the game was first released or when the server crashed because they rushed a patch out or when the server crashed because they skipped a maintenance window because players were complaining. There will always be someone somewhere affected by this and I am sorry, but you can not please all the people all the time.

no matter what time the servers are down, somebody will complain. the company is based in texas usa, so naturally the timings are based on their local time. 5am to 10am cst is early to expect people to be in the office performing what is needed to be done. everything they do will be based around their work schedules. would you want to go into work at 1am to do work because your company has to cater to someone half way around the world?

They closed the larger thread? Well done Bioware mod. Should of merged them both... now we need 15 new pages of +1 for EU times

Of course. The complaining thread only has a few pages. Now it's a minor issue. :(

If that was on purpose: **** you!

Edited by GHeissi

I don't understand why Americans even BOTHER entering these arguments.

Us Europeans ask "Can we have downtime that is scheduled around our actual timezone so we can play during peak hours and not get ****ed off at you please Bioware? It's really quite important."

Americans come into the threads and say "NO DEAL WITH IT WHY DO YOU ALWAYS WANT STUFF SHUT UP".

Us having different maintenence hours doesn't *********** affect you. Just because random nob in USA doesn't want any other country to have nice things, despite it not affecting him in the slightest, isn't an argument against the EU getting REAL maintenence times.

Its Christmas for the people working on this as well. Be thankful there are any patches at all and remember you are not making demands of some faceless corporation, but of human devs who have family and have just finished what is undoubtedly a period of heavy crunch time.

Are they being paid? Hell I'm sure they've had a nice bonus or overtime for working Christmas day. Either way they are paid to do their job, regardless on the time of year. :)

Im sure they're doing a good job, but don't forget money makes the world go round. They wouldn't be there if they wern't paying.

Either way Sign for earlier times at least. 8->4pm is a joke.

Edited by Mysquine

So far, us EU players have had two days we cannot play, out of seven. OK, so it's not 'days' but six hour slots.

12 hours a week down time = about 26 days out of the year.

Does that mean all EU players can have one months free sub a year?

Only if you paid a subscription for 720 hours of access.

If you didn't, then no.

Let me guess, you came to the forums complaining without actually reading what you paid for?

Edited by Nicholai_Pestot

Cant understand what is the point to close a 52 pages thread just to redirect us to a 3 pages one.

Agree with the original post.

To make forum tidy, when this one reach 50 pages they will close it as well, and don't care about that what we think.

Posted fro another thread that just got closed by me:

I am sorry for you EU guys, but let me point out something here. When WOW first started, there were no separate maintenance windows for EU and US servers. Tuesdays were the set day to do maintenance and it was ALWAYS on during the day here in US for THE WHOLE DAY! Now, US EU servers are separate, but the play on EU servers, you have to have a EU version of the game (Unless that changed) and Vice versa. This is the first week for the game and when people are saying that you are paying for the the game, you really are paying to be allowed to play on the servers. You do not own the game, as in the actual game itself.

Now if Bioware/EA did this at peak US time, I wonder how many of you EU players would sign the petition from us? It is always amazing to me that people rant and rage over a game that will be back online later in the day. I know someone who scheduled a week off work for the early access and was pissed when he did not get in the first day.

Again I am sorry that EU players are suffering, but to compare this game to WOW as it is now, is stupid and if you want a comparison, compare the game to WOW when the game was first released or when the server crashed because they rushed a patch out or when the server crashed because they skipped a maintenance window because players were complaining. There will always be someone somewhere affected by this and I am sorry, but you can not please all the people all the time.

A-men