Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then USA can have the day time down time and Europe can have it when we are all in bed, see how the USA would learn to live with that! if this did happen i would predict every single USA customer would be on here doing the same as the europeans.

you have to take in to account aswell what is something happened and it got extended the that could be a whole day basically.

Before any trolls come along i do have a life, i will go off and do something else i just dont understand why we have to have ours during the day and the USA gets it when no one is playing.

It does happen during the day time, it's happens until 11am Eastern time, omg when people are at work just like in the EU when it's going on from 10am to 4pm, when people are at work.

Both are off-peak hours.

Europe needs their own maintenance time.

I don't understand reason why they haven't made it, most likely there are separate crews handling EU and US servers in any case.

No, most likely the EU servers are maintained by contractors, while Bioware manages the software.

The BW employees are now supposed to work all day then all night every Tuesday so the EU folks dont lose a few hours of game time? Good grief. Selfish *****s.

My primetime is at the same time, but I'm fine with it, because I know it help the BW employees to be able to do the work during their normal work hours vs. taking time away from their families to do it.

to all those saying they have to be patched at the same time

how does trion manage it with rift then, cos at least when i was playing it you could choose to play EU or US servers, there was no region locking and yet their maintenance was done seperately for each set of servers.

the would frequently post up seperate notification times of NA or EU servers getting maintenance

Thank you, as a former Rifter myself, Trion did server maintence brilliantly.

Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=691258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

I guess if they wanna risk losing people to other games its up to them what time the weekly mainenanse is.

And in retrospect to your question.... why do the Europeans have to always be so racist? As I was going to put in the other thread, just because a group of people act one way doesn't mean that all people even slightly associated with said group act the same way. Pretty much saying that I "could" judge you as a ignorant fool by your post but I'm not going to because I'm sure your just blowing off steam. Also, just as 100 other people have said in this and other posts... There WILL be down times for someone somewhere. Perhaps BioWare will eventually implement separate server maintenance times, but this is a NEW game, and I am sure they want to fix other more MAJOR issues first. For someone to think that a game is going to tailor to just them within the first week of release is just plain ignorance. Again as stated previously, would you guys over in Europe band with Americans complaining if the down times were closer to our play times because the game is based in Europe.... probably not... you would probably be saying the same thing these other people are saying.

All in all, calm down, be patient.... and remember.... they're just pixels.

You as a native English speaker should know the meaning of the word racist.

As far as i remember, servers are located in Ireland. Which means that they could work on server maintenances sooner. Starting at 11am CET isn't what i would qualify as an usuall hour to start working for most jobs :D Most of the people start working at 8am. So it would be better to start every maintenance at 8am instead of 11am CET. Edited by EmmanuelFR

That Other game had different maintenance schedule..and Imo it worked well..Here in finland its gettin soon to 6 Pm as we are +2 Gmt here...this sucks lamas ***..but hey..I got that other game installed too..lets all go back there :) and them maintenace empty servers.

It does happen during the day time, it's happens until 11am Eastern time, omg when people are at work just like in the EU when it's going on from 10am to 4pm, when people are at work.

Both are off-peak hours.

When people are at work, yes - When people are off On Christmas Holidays, its not off-peak :) I guess thats a bit hard to grasp tho.

Surly someone at Bioware must have thought "hang on its Christmas, surly people will be off work for the holidays, is this patch critical or could it wait a couple of days when everyone returns to work?" yes I know it a patch to fix a few bugs but will the whole game die because it gets applied on say Friday instead of a public holiday?

as for the separate maintenance times if they cannot separate the down times then surely they can create a rolling system so that the down time rotates through each region.

People would complain if they were hung with a new rope. People complaining about the bugs that this patch addresses some of them, people complain about the downtime to apply said patch.

BW can't win to lose with alot of you people.

It appears to me that most of the people that think we Europeans are overreacting are the ones that are in the US and are probably already happily playing at the same time, which on one hand I actually think is even pretty funny xD

But I also think that a lot of the European players can be a LITTLE bit less complaining and saying how dissapointing it is from them, people working at EA and Bioware are also human beings and even though I don't agree with this way either, because my play time today has been brought down to 1/2 hours only, I still think it can be brought a bit more tactful and trying to come up with an actual solution, which only counts for those that keep complaining and don't do that.

But I do realize that we're still in the actual first month of the game's release so... Really guys? You can't expect them to move mountains you know, if they keep their general word, which I just hope they do, they'll read all of this and try and do something with it, but you can't expect them to just read it, snap their fingers and voila you have your way.

Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=691258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

Agreeing completely with you. It is really strange that we get a maintenance during the best play times. Even if I preffer to play during the nights, most people are still on during the afternoon.

Both are off-peak hours.

10am to 4pm on a public holiday is not off peak.

If BioWare created separate maintenance times for EU and US, then they would be REQUIRED to make another change:

- NA and EU servers must be hard-locked to a regional client.

Because right now, EU players are free to play on NA servers whenever they want, and vice versa. So:

- EU Servers go down for maintenance. EU Players that want to keep playing, bum-rush the NA servers causing population imbalance and stability nightmare.

- US Servers go down for maintenance. US Players that want to keep playing, bum-rush the EU servers causing population imbalance and stability nightmare.

Easy fix for BW stupidity give us 2 free days we deserve it for putting up with bad maintenance windows.... really you are a great company but you got some really bad people planning your service windows.

so not only does EU want US business hours catered to them, they want free stuff now too?

i can play this game too. i am a disabled american. i do not work so i am home all day. i cannot play right now because the maint times are cutting into my play time. they should have maint done before 6am so i can play.

now does any of what i just wrote make any sense? should the company change things to cater to the disabled americans who don't work? i don't think so. so why should they cater to you.

No, most likely the EU servers are maintained by contractors, while Bioware manages the software.

The BW employees are now supposed to work all day then all night every Tuesday so the EU folks dont lose a few hours of game time? Good grief. Selfish *****s.

My primetime is at the same time, but I'm fine with it, because I know it help the BW employees to be able to do the work during their normal work hours vs. taking time away from their families to do it.

err they are currently working all night to do this. It's what they are doing during maintenance which occurs for them at off peak hours.

TIme zones are hard.. :(