Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Ive never really fully unstood why they need to take down the servers anyway, i know there patching and updating hardware/software issusse, but Guild wars NEVER took there servers down to do any patching/updating.

So it was NEVER offline you could log in and play as and when YOU wanted, and from what i understand (Could be wrong) Guild wars 2 is going to be the same once its released.

As it is all of us in the UK and some of Europe have lost a Day of playing the game and when the free peiord is over when we start PAYING either from monthly pay or a time cards, we lose 4 days a MONTH PAID TIME which is wrong.

Its like telling me that ive brought a computer and say im not allowed to use it 4 days of the month.

Or you are not allowed use Electricty or Gas 4 days of the month, it just isn't done.

I hope that they sort out there mantiance times more fairly.

Sorry of any spelling errors etc.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=691258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

I submitted feedback to let them know this isn't acceptable.

And any guesses as to which servers will be brought up first today - US or EU? My dollar's on US. Wouldn't want to inconvenience them, ya know.

/signed

They should change the downtime to central Asian time or whatnot, to minimize the number of affected subscribers. Remember that Europe stands for a large portion of the game's income, the current situation is unacceptable.

Edited by Nordanvind

I am so tired of the whiney EU players complaining about their game time interuptions. Every MMO we see the same thing.

The folks running this game have lives, and work normal hours. the come into the office, do the work on their normal working hours.

It has very little to do with what time the EU players or US player prefer to have it done.

A business running 24/7 should have people available 24/7. How would you feel if your server went down at 7pm and wouldn't be brought up again until the next morning when the office hours of the poor employees who have lives start? Would be totally OK, right?

**** happends:) so basicly im overeacted in my closed thread thats true looking from perspective off all ppl that play this game 11am -5pm is off peak time but not in holidays

and if in eu off peak is 11am-6pm then why america has it 2am-10am is it off peak for them?

like someone mention be4 is it so hard to make 2 diferent maintance times for eu and america when theres at least what 2mil players each pays like 13euro per month = 26mil per month + income from game sells in less than a year they gona get back those 300mil that they spend for this project so yeah i think 2 diferent times for us and eu are needed coz its a machine that bring mountains of gold and bw dont want it to stop speeding up

or u can also make 1 week eu have maintance 2am-10am once america then both sides will have time to whining and bw will start to think coz if we want something to be done we need to do that in this years 2011-2012 coz next one 2013 will start to make + on their accounts and they will do what blizzard did ..|..

Edited by Darthkhafra

US and EU share the same client and can play cross region. Therefore, both will patch at the same time. Your downtime will suck for you. Learn to live with it.

Ok then USA can have the day time down time and Europe can have it when we are all in bed, see how the USA would learn to live with that! if this did happen i would predict every single USA customer would be on here doing the same as the europeans.

you have to take in to account aswell what is something happened and it got extended the that could be a whole day basically.

Before any trolls come along i do have a life, i will go off and do something else i just dont understand why we have to have ours during the day and the USA gets it when no one is playing.

Indeed god sir. Our EU rebelion was quenched in tar before it even started.

I agree, I was writing out a well thought about response and when I clicked on post I found the thread was deleted, thanks for wasting my time BW. So rather than write a well thought out response I'll keep it short and sweet. Separate the EU and US servers and have maintenance times that are less un-obtrusive hours, go look up Blizzard they produced a game called World of Warcraft, they'll show you how it's done.

I don't understand why Americans even BOTHER entering these arguments.

Us Europeans ask "Can we have downtime that is scheduled around our actual timezone so we can play during peak hours and not get ****ed off at you please Bioware? It's really quite important."

Americans come into the threads and say "NO DEAL WITH IT WHY DO YOU ALWAYS WANT STUFF SHUT UP".

Us having different maintenence hours doesn't *********** affect you. Just because random nob in USA doesn't want any other country to have nice things, despite it not affecting him in the slightest, isn't an argument against the EU getting REAL maintenence times.

And in retrospect to your question.... why do the Europeans have to always be so racist? As I was going to put in the other thread, just because a group of people act one way doesn't mean that all people even slightly associated with said group act the same way. Pretty much saying that I "could" judge you as a ignorant fool by your post but I'm not going to because I'm sure your just blowing off steam. Also, just as 100 other people have said in this and other posts... There WILL be down times for someone somewhere. Perhaps BioWare will eventually implement separate server maintenance times, but this is a NEW game, and I am sure they want to fix other more MAJOR issues first. For someone to think that a game is going to tailor to just them within the first week of release is just plain ignorance. Again as stated previously, would you guys over in Europe band with Americans complaining if the down times were closer to our play times because the game is based in Europe.... probably not... you would probably be saying the same thing these other people are saying.

All in all, calm down, be patient.... and remember.... they're just pixels.

Hello there,

Bioware wrote:

We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players

But 10am to 5pm (German time zone) is not "off-peak time" for European players, sorry.

Especially not on the days after Christmas when a lot of people are still on holiday, and are eager to enjoy the game.

Best regards, Farbauti.

Surly someone at Bioware must have thought "hang on its Christmas, surly people will be off work for the holidays, is this patch critical or could it wait a couple of days when everyone returns to work?" yes I know it a patch to fix a few bugs but will the whole game die because it gets applied on say Friday instead of a public holiday?

as for the separate maintenance times if they cannot separate the down times then surely they can create a rolling system so that the down time rotates through each region.

Allthough i would survive personally, i find it very odd that they aint focusing the customer service a bit more on the european side aswell.

Cmon BW, U need to start waking up and take some classes in how to have a decent customer service for all parts.