The Sith Empire

SkyWielder

Since I can not delete the post I have changed the OP of the topic because to many people were being rude and not seeing that this was not a complaint I just wanted to have a discussion to see what others thought about the post content and sith vs. jedi in general. Edited by SkyWielder
I wasnt complaining or arguing I just wanted to have a discussion.

If two thousand years is 'too soon,' you must hate doing Alderaan.

Do you realize how ridiculous your complaint sounds? You really have no interest in the storyline, or seeing how the actions of the Sith impact the Jedi and the Republic, just because in two thousand years, the central part of the Empire falls?

Did you skip doing Coruscant and Corellia as well, since you know that it gets fixed in a few hundred years?

I have heard some ridiculous reasons for not wanting to play a Sith or a Jedi, but this one wins by a longshot.

True but its just the fact that the sith will become defeated soon enough that made me not want to be sith :)

With that logic, you have to skip Alderaan alltogether, because you know its gonna blow up eventually ;-)

I can't possibly play SWTOR at all any more either. At some point in the future the prequels happen, invalidating everything my characters have done and ruining Star Wars forever. Edited by PLynkes

With that logic, you have to skip Alderaan alltogether, because you know its gonna blow up eventually ;-)

Not to mention the Republic comes crashing down and the jedi are all but exterminated.

Really, such a ridiculous thing to prevent you from enjoying a faction. ALL of this changes in time.

In all reality, the Galactic Republic falls before the Empire. Sure the Sith Empire as it is in TOR eventually falls. But Palpatine re-instates an Empire after the fall of the Republic. So yeah, just stop playing TOR because everything gets destroyed eventually.

To echo others, your logic for not playing essentially half the game is pretty silly.

Yes, they lose the Cold War (when it stops being cold). Doesn't mean the events on their side are completely meaningless or that their side of the story is any less interesting.

I don't want to eat, It just digests and turns to crap anyway, why bother.

Seriously, this is quite possibly one of the most asinine things I've heard on these forums..and thats saying alot.

RP'ing, reason we can't have simple things.

By the OP's argument, there was no point in the Roman Empire, because it eventually fell. We're talking 2 THOUSAND years here. We don't know what will happen in this time frame. We also don't know what will happen in the upcoming movies. The odds are pretty good that there will be resurgent sith or there won't be much of a story to tell. No side will ever have a complete victory or star wars is over.

Regardless, not playing because the Empire loses at a distant point in the future is cutting off your nose to spite your face and prevents you from playing some fantastic stories.