Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

AgentMarakesh

I have a solution for this that both sides should be happy with. Casual folks can enjoy the content with a stronghold and so can the folks that are way better than casual folks and need something to tell everyone such.

I support the two stronghold solution, which is what I've been saying for over a month now but keeps getting bashed. Just give us a normal sized frigate ship, space station or let us decorate our existing star ship, and for the rest of you, make a huge ship that costs like 800 million credits just to buy into, and another 200 million credits per room. Since 50 is "so easy for anyone to get with one night of dailies :rolleyes: " then you guys won't care if we make our stronghold about 25 mil, and 5 mil per room. It can be a space station or frigate-sized or whatever. Decently sized but nowhere as big as your super huge one that makes sure there is no confusion that you are way better than us.

You can have the super duper sized 800 mil one with 200 mil per room with no argument from us. And every time one of you buys one, it actually jacks the price up by 5% per ship and room making the next one even harder to get. We'll be in our little one that didn't cost much with the easy to get money. That way you guys can be competitive and find out who is the best of the best of the tippy top! The ship will even rank up and be bigger on who was able to buy theirs the earliest! The ones to buy a later one get penalized and slightly smaller ship to know they weren't as awesome as the prior guild! So you can all fight with each other that way over who has the biggest ship!

So we can have our smaller much inferior stronghold so at least we can get one and have our "casual" fun, and you can have your super huge dreadnought so you can know how much better you are.

That's what's important right? So I support yours costing 800 mil to buy into and another 200 mil per room. Just leave ours alone.

Thanks.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 Million is total bs to me, the most i've ever remember making in a character is about 250k from running Warzones because 1 of my Guild Leaders wouldn't allow me to do Ops because of my Gear, others in the Guild wanted to give me a chance. Anyway i left that Guild and the New 1 i'm in lets me start doing Dread stuff with the Gear I have wich some were 154. And I did fine in Dread Fortress StoryMode. Anyways, for me I never ever spend credits on frivilous stuff, I have spents Millions over time, Not at once, But over time gearing My Mando and other alts that still aren't 55 yet, Gearing them for each 5 lvl which costs a lot of money. Millions already spent, and they're not at lvl 55 yet.

Ppl have No right to say that all the ppl that can't afford a Guildship is because they use their credits on Frivilous stuff, that's just bs for me at least. Most ppl spend money on their Companions Gear to which costs millions with alts. Smaller Guilds Cannot afford a Guild ship either because they are too small and don't want to merge with another Guild, or because the Guild members just cannot make that much money. Their are ppl that Have REAL LIVES that play this game, and cannot make this game their life also.

The rest of my Guild i'm in now want a Guildship, but right now I can't afford to help them, which makes me feel like crap, but I would need to do a lot more Ops and FPs that i've never done before and need to learn how to do them. But for right now my Guild also has Real life issues about how much time they can spend in-game to.

Right now for me i'm spending all money on Gear and Augments to be able to do harder Ops, and I don't even have enough money to do that. Others some of my Guildies are Fully geared with exception to alts. My Guild does expect every1 to pitch in, and of course I will have to do a Lot more Ops and Fps when i have time to do them. But right now that's not possible for me. Like I said the most Creds I have ever had is Maybe, and I mean Maybe, is 360k which isn't good, but I try.

But YOU don't have to pay 50 million.

You might only have to pay 100.000.

It all depends on how much the rest of your guild is willing to pay.

It's a group effort after all.

But people are acting as if they have to buy the guild ship out of their own pocket with no help from the rest of their guild.

Ppl have No right to say that all the ppl that can't afford a Guildship is because they use their credits on Frivilous stuff, that's just bs for me at least. Most ppl spend money on their Companions Gear to which costs millions with alts. Smaller Guilds Cannot afford a Guild ship either because they are too small and don't want to merge with another Guild, or because the Guild members just cannot make that much money. Their are ppl that Have REAL LIVES that play this game, and cannot make this game their life also.

In the 18 weeks since the announcement of guild flagships last March and the announcement of the price, you COULD have saved some credits. Just a little bit per day would have added up.

Why didn't you? You and your guildies only have themselves to blame for not being able to afford a flagship on day 1.

The problem isn't the high price. :/

In the 18 weeks since the announcement of guild flagships last March and the announcement of the price, you COULD have saved some credits. Just a little bit per day would have added up.

Why didn't you? You and your guildies only have themselves to blame for not being able to afford a flagship on day 1.

of course they did lie when they said it was going to be between 2 and 20 million at the cantina event. there will be some consequences of this decision. we will lose a bunch of smaller guilds and end up with a few huge guilds. there will be migration when guilds tell members that they have to pony cash and those members leave because they either dont trust the GM or dont really know him well enough to trust. this will effect raiding but seeing as they havent come out with any new raids in a year, it really doesnt matter that much. welcome to Star Wars the Credit Sink Republic.

in the 18 weeks since that announcement I have watched a gm walk away with stacks of MMG's and isatopes. so much for saving up.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

of course they did lie when they said it was going to be between 2 and 20 million at the cantina event. there will be some consequences of this decision. we will lose a bunch of smaller guilds and end up with a few huge guilds. there will be migration when guilds tell members that they have to pony cash and those members leave because they either dont trust the GM or dont really know him well enough to trust. this will effect raiding but seeing as they havent come out with any new raids in a year, it really doesnt matter that much. welcome to Star Wars the Credit Sink Republic.

in the 18 weeks since that announcement I have watched a gm walk away with stacks of MMG's and isatopes. so much for saving up.

The problem with the huge guilds is that they won't be that huge because of the 500 member limit and each character counts towards it.

The problem with the huge guilds is that they won't be that huge because of the 500 member limit and each character counts towards it.

Big guilds are big because they don't accept more than one alt, or don't accept alts at all. Three of the guilds my chars are in have ~360 unique accounts.

Big guilds are big because they don't accept more than one alt, or don't accept alts at all. Three of the guilds my chars are in have ~360 unique accounts.

You play in 3 different guilds...I guess I am just not that kind of player and the guilds I have been in generally requested that you didn't play in other guilds as to no have conflicts with raiding.

No one lied. They prefaced that statement with a caution that numbers weren't set and they were still determining the final costs for stuff.

Your comment above is why they're so hesitant about releasing info early before it's set in stone. Because some people are quick to scream liar and wet their pants in fury when changes are made before stuff even hits the PTS.

If they had introduced some form alliance system where two guilds can work together for the credit of conquering a planet then that would indeed be interesting. This would sharpen the teeth of the smaller guilds in my opinion. Of course, we have to look at it from the other angle as well... Two HUGE guilds doing the same to extinguish any competition. Eventually I think it'd boil down to imperial vs republic instead of the individual guilds. But of course we ARE in the middle of a war here, so that kinda makes sense.

I think a lot of smaller guilds wouldn't be so fussed about the Capital ship itself if it didn't look like the lack of one was going to cut them out of the actual content. That's why the Alliance idea is such a good one. Mercenaries (or these days 'Security Contractors') have a long and somewhat shady history in warfare, so why not make them a feature of this content?

To stop large guilds combining there could be a restriction whereby all guild are considered 'Contract Available' until they got a Guildship of their own, at which point they would become ineligible. Contractors could be further limited by the number of active accounts allowed to participate, perhaps with the Conquest Guild having to pay some 'slot cost' to open up each Contractor group of X no of people. This could provide some exciting flurries of activities towards the end of events where Conquest Guilds are in a tight race for control desperately trying to find more contractors to hire to tip the balance their way.

The Contractors could have a different set of rewards/achievements to collect, adding more variety to the game. That way everyone gets a chance to participate in the new content. I know an all smuggler RP guild that would much prefer to the option to take part like this (all these freedom-loving individualists tromping round in one big capital ship just doesn't gel), I suspect that some all Bounty Hunter groups would feel the same.

If they had introduced some form alliance system where two guilds can work together for the credit of conquering a planet then that would indeed be interesting. This would sharpen the teeth of the smaller guilds in my opinion. Of course, we have to look at it from the other angle as well... Two HUGE guilds doing the same to extinguish any competition. Eventually I think it'd boil down to imperial vs republic instead of the individual guilds. But of course we ARE in the middle of a war here, so that kinda makes sense.

I think a lot of smaller guilds wouldn't be so fussed about the Capital ship itself if it didn't look like the lack of one was going to cut them out of the actual content. That's why the Alliance idea is such a good one. Mercenaries (or these days 'Security Contractors') have a long and somewhat shady history in warfare, so why not make them a feature of this content?

To stop large guilds combining there could be a restriction whereby all guild are considered 'Contract Available' until they got a Guildship of their own, at which point they would become ineligible. Contractors could be further limited by the number of active accounts allowed to participate, perhaps with the Conquest Guild having to pay some 'slot cost' to open up each Contractor group of X no of people. This could provide some exciting flurries of activities towards the end of events where Conquest Guilds are in a tight race for control desperately trying to find more contractors to hire to tip the balance their way.

The Contractors could have a different set of rewards/achievements to collect, adding more variety to the game. That way everyone gets a chance to participate in the new content. I know an all smuggler RP guild that would much prefer to the option to take part like this (all these freedom-loving individualists tromping round in one big capital ship just doesn't gel), I suspect that some all Bounty Hunter groups would feel the same.

They've already said that there's a Personal Conquest system to go along with the Guild Conquest system. The players aren't being cut out of anything. If your guild wants a Guild Ship and the ability to engage in Guild Conquest stuff, then they need to put forth the effort to get the ship. Hell, they have about 3 more weeks to do so.

They've already said that there's a Personal Conquest system to go along with the Guild Conquest system. The players aren't being cut out of anything. If your guild wants a Guild Ship and the ability to engage in Guild Conquest stuff, then they need to put forth the effort to get the ship. Hell, they have about 3 more weeks to do so.

(Only the top paragraph is my quote, the guy who quoted me must've snipped the /Quote part out lol)

Edit: nvm seems the quote button is pitching a fit for me at least.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

(Only the top paragraph is my quote, the guy who quoted me must've snipped the /Quote part out lol)

Edit: nvm seems the quote button is pitching a fit for me at least.

Ooops, sorry 'bout that, just trying to quote your original idea without the whole thing to make it smaller :o

And as to the reply about Personal Contribution, there are small guilds that would rather play together than as individuals, I thought that what the fuss about the price of the Ships was about?? After all they are for a purpose, rather than vanity items yes?? If you don't want to play as guild in these events what's the point in having one:rak_02:

I really don't have a dog in this hunt, I could afford one (just about), not sure I really want one. Just thought a merc scenario might be a good way around it and a fun feature too:rak_03:

Well that at least seal the deal, small guilds shouldn't even try to get a capital ship, you'll never see the boni since those who got their capital ships early will have an unbreakable hold over key planets.

The Guild Conquest content is still an unknown. We won't really know what it is until it's released this week on the PTS. So we can reserve our speculation in that regard.

What? I saw an announcement concerning Guild Ships. I saw no announcement about the specific cost of said ships or that their purchase would be required to access specific planetary conquest content.

Citations please.

You play in 3 different guilds...I guess I am just not that kind of player and the guilds I have been in generally requested that you didn't play in other guilds as to no have conflicts with raiding.

Playing in multiple guilds is not a strange thing. In fact, it's likely the norm. I would argue the anomaly is the player who only belongs and plays in one Guild.

They've already said that there's a Personal Conquest system to go along with the Guild Conquest system. The players aren't being cut out of anything.

You contradict yourself in the statement above. By not being able to participate in Guild Conquest content, players are being cut out of content. Whether Personal Conquest content is provided is of no consequence in relation to the point. One form of content is gated. As such, some players won't be able to do it. Period.

We certainly do need more information though. What is the Guild Conquest content? What is the Personal Conquest content? It's supposedly being released on the PTS this week.

I want a pony!!

Only if it farts rainbows.

Back on topic.

Truth be told everyone, the cost of the ships and everything else is a moot point. We have been overlooking the obvious workaround to the problem of credits in the game, and that is namely the CC to credits conversion thanks to the CM and GTN:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=754322

Man, people these days just want things handed to them with little to no effort. If you have busy real life you prolly shouldnt be playing an mmo.

This pretty much sums up the entire polarization of the argument concerning the revealed costs of Guild Ships and Legacy Storage. Its ignorance is absolutely astounding.

People play games, even MMO's, to have fun. Even busy people with real lives and obligations play MMO's. In fact, I'd easily wager that the vast majority of players are over the age of 18 and have jobs or go to school.

Then you get people like this who apparently have no obligations and who will tell people who do that they shouldn't be playing an MMO because it's "serious business" and if you don't have the time to spend 12 hours a day playing you shouldn't expect to get any newly released content inside of 6 months.

I can say this with authority because no working adult ever uses the word "prolly". People who use the word "prolly" should probably be spending more time concentrating on their English homework and less time playing MMO's.

I'm willing to bet a paycheck that the person complaining about people wanting things handed to them has parents who do their laundry, buy their food and put a roof over their head.

Get this straight, this is a casual MMO. Casual players don't keep large sums of credits laying around. Casual players don't enjoy spending their limited time doing the same crap over and over just to be able to later enjoy new content that may or may not be worth all that effort. Players with responsibilities that preclude spending every waking moment playing computer games would like to think the real life money they spend on entertainment would get them new content without ruining their playing time.

If EA/BW continues with this 50 million credit thinking, they had either be prepared for backlash or be thinking that the next expansion will involve credit rewards that make 50 million credits then equal to 15 million credits now.

Edited by Grayseven

Man, people these days just want things handed to them with little to no effort. If you have busy real life you prolly shouldnt be playing an mmo.

man, people these days cant read(or maybe its the comprehension)

20 million credits=/= little or no effort. as hard as that might be for you to understand. saying something is overpriced does not mean you want it for free. it isnt that hard to understand, at least for adults.

My own guild is still a few million away from being able to unlock it, but we'll have the 50mil by the time Guild Ships hit. We still have 3 weeks before it's live, people need to get out there and start working on it.

Seriously, if a group of 5-10 people can't get 50mil in a month's time, then they're not even trying.

I wonder how many guilds will actually be doing the conquest stuff if they can't afford the guild ship?

Seems like a very small number would actually be available to do the conquest stuff.

50 mil is just a little high to have a large group doing that content.

This pretty much sums up the entire polarization of the argument concerning the revealed costs of Guild Ships and Legacy Storage. Its ignorance is absolutely astounding.

People play games, even MMO's, to have fun. Even busy people with real lives and obligations play MMO's. In fact, I'd easily wager that the vast majority of players are over the age of 18 and have jobs or go to school.

Then you get people like this who apparently have no obligations and who will tell people who do that they shouldn't be playing an MMO because it's "serious business" and if you don't have the time to spend 12 hours a day playing you shouldn't expect to get any newly released content inside of 6 months.

I can say this with authority because no working adult ever uses the word "prolly". People who use the word "prolly" should probably be spending more time concentrating on their English homework and less time playing MMO's.

I'm willing to bet a paycheck that the person complaining about people wanting things handed to them has parents who do their laundry, buy their food and put a roof over their head.

Get this straight, this is a casual MMO. Casual players don't keep large sums of credits laying around. Casual players don't enjoy spending their limited time doing the same crap over and over just to be able to later enjoy new content that may or may not be worth all that effort. Players with responsibilities that preclude spending every waking moment playing computer games would like to think the real life money they spend on entertainment would get them new content without ruining their playing time.

If EA/BW continues with this 50 million credit thinking, they had either be prepared for backlash or be thinking that the next expansion will involve credit rewards that make 50 million credits then equal to 15 million credits now.

Let one of my toons buy one of your toons a virtual drink in the Fleet Cantina for that. Well said.

I wonder how many guilds will actually be doing the conquest stuff if they can't afford the guild ship?

Seems like a very small number would actually be available to do the conquest stuff.

50 mil is just a little high to have a large group doing that content.

As someone else said in another thread - there are probably (see I can spell it right!:p) many guilds that don't care about the conquest as much as they just care about having a ship for their guild. Quite frankly, I think this thing would be better served by making the ships free and putting the price tag on unlocking the conquest content (if BW feels that an entry fee is indeed necessary at all). That way, nothing changes for those who want it and those who don't still get a new toy to play with when the content is released and don't have to waste credits on something they have no interest in.

Edited by TravelersWay

Holy crap...post of the decade!!!! Fantastically summarized!!!

Look, I don't know where the hell you lot get off thinking thats a great idea, but it's not, it's terrible.

Its going to alienate damn near every single small guild community you have, and I can say for certain it's gonna drop more and more subs who were looking forward to this to strengthen the want to play this game.

And now we get that steaming pile on our plates, and don't try to say that's not the price. It's all over the damn dulfy twitch live stream. Yeah, they stated it on their live stream, so THANKS AGAIN for alienating your small guild communities.

Hopefully the BACKLASH you get will make you rethink everything into some odd cash sink cash gate crap, but somehow I doubt it.

My guild is small, maybe got about 7 people actively donating. I see that 50 mill is a lot, but it's a frigging spaceship.

For the past 3 days we have been hitting dailies hard and pvp hard. We have raised 11.3 mil in 3 days. )(some stuff sold on GTN.

When we hit 50 mill not only will it be a victory that brings the guild closer, but it will be very uplifting. 39 mil to go! Wish us luck!