The Story of SWTOR, 2014

TaitWatson

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds interesting...and pointlessly vague. Without those screenshots that post wouldn't have been even a page. :p

I'll stay optimistic for now, but unless Act 5/the expansion comes with class quests I'll be canceling my sub.

Edited by DarthVitrial

Yeah great, so 2.9 will have one storytelling tactical flashpoint for each faction with no challenging hardmode ? Awesome.

How about announcing the eta of a new operation before even the most dedicated raiders will leave?

They DID. read between the lines. patch 2.9 will be the pre-release of housing, and will include the second of three flashpoints. patch 3.0 will be released on October 14th and include the final part of the flashpoint trilogy. Then, the next patch, 3.1, which will release in late january will almost certinly be a level cap raise and expansion.

Sounds interesting...and pointlessly vague. Without those screenshots that post wouldn't have been even a page. :p

I'll stay optimistic for now, but unless Act 5/the expansion comes with class quests I'll be canceling my sub.

Then you should go ahead and cancel now since they've repeated themselves a few dozen times now that Class Stores are done.

I recommend you go play ESO, I hear they have an amazing focus on Class Story content. Or was that WoW? Wildstar? Surely, there's an MMO out there with more focus on Class Stories than TOR...

Surely!

Manaan is a flashpoint, but that's not what I'm interested in. It's what's after that will be great. Think about it:

Order of Shasa, Grey Jedi group that worships revan

Rakatan Artifacts on Tython and Korriban

A manaan research facility? Researching what?

Methinks Rakata Prime is 3.0, or Manaan planet.

Also the Old Man is either Revan or the shroud. This Old Man also seems to have powers of foresight, something revan was captured by the Emperor for originally. ALSO I suspect 3.0 will mark a return not of class story, but class side quests or tidbits of sorts, based on the mails each class player gets after Tython and Korriban.

Then you should go ahead and cancel now since they've repeated themselves a few dozen times now that Class Stores are done.

I recommend you go play ESO, I hear they have an amazing focus on Class Story content. Or was that WoW? Wildstar? Surely, there's an MMO out there with more focus on Class Stories than TOR...

Surely!

I prefer to stay hopeful, even if I am deluding myself. After all, people do change their minds.

...plus, I tried ESO and hated it.

It's not that I don't like SWTOR. It's the most fun of any MMO I've played. If I cancel my sub I'll be remaining as Preferred and continuing to play for sure. It's simply that without Class Quests I won't be able to justify the subscription fee.

But to get back on topic: I am excited to see Manaan again, it was my favorite planet in the original KOTOR.

Also, since Forged Alliances will be a three-parter, it seems likely that we'll be getting a patch 2.10 before 3.0...unless 3.0 is really huge.

Edited by DarthVitrial

Manaan is a flashpoint, but that's not what I'm interested in. It's what's after that will be great. Think about it:

Order of Shasa, Grey Jedi group that worships revan

Rakatan Artifacts on Tython and Korriban

A manaan research facility? Researching what?

Methinks Rakata Prime is 3.0, or Manaan planet.

Also the Old Man is either Revan or the shroud. This Old Man also seems to have powers of foresight, something revan was captured by the Emperor for originally. ALSO I suspect 3.0 will mark a return not of class story, but class side quests or tidbits of sorts, based on the mails each class player gets after Tython and Korriban.

the order of shasa never worshipped Revean. they gave him credit for what he did, but he actually in their stories is more a supporting character to the true hero whom is Shasa

our largest since Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Thats not really saying much. Is it going to be as big as Rise of the Hutt Cartel or just be anything larger than a couple of dailies and a couple of operations which was Oricon. Which as far as story went I don't think anyone even now knows who killed the dread masters or what happened on the planet. Nothing was mentioned of it with the new flash points.

So far I have seen nothing to suggest Manaan is even somewhere that the story would go. I can't see any link of why Korriban or Tython would need to be invaded to lead the story to a water city that has been bombed to rubble. If this is the case it would suggest a rather erratic story that doesn't flow every easily with no tie in from the first part to the next.

Perhaps Kashyyk AND Manaan as full planets with a FP on Manaan? Or Kashyyk as the planet and Manaan as the flashpoint? Also, did you guys notice perhaps that is a Wookie playable race? Look at the face. It looks like one of the character customization head options. Anybody else notice that to?

I have a feeling it's something like that, or something pertained to that.

I asked that already as well. Here's hoping he's working hard at the expansion so to speak; Also, it would seem Charles is the lead writer for these flashpoints, which is why he's in the spotlight I guess.

His LinkedIn still list him as lead Writer at BW Austin, so I do not think he has been fired. He is probably just working on something else...

Perhaps Kashyyk AND Manaan as full planets with a FP on Manaan? Or Kashyyk as the planet and Manaan as the flashpoint? Also, did you guys notice perhaps that is a Wookie playable race? Look at the face. It looks like one of the character customization head options. Anybody else notice that to?

Boy, you're way off.

Eeeh... you do know that for something to be counted as cliché it would have to have been done several times before right?

I can't remember very many wookiees with protocol droid heads strapped to their chests.

(And no, chewbacca carrying around C-3PO doesn't count.)

Lowbacca has something similar to a 3P0 translator system strapped to his chest.

Oh you guys are impatient. It's coming, do you want it fast or want it slow and good?

Also, here's a suggestion...

When the new stuff for 3.0 comes out? Don't go blowing through it with guns a'blazing. Take your time, go slow and actually enjoy it. It's not a race to see who hits 60, last I checked there's no server first for finishing a rep or story, if there were, I'd probably have received it long ago.

My .02 credits.

Oh you guys are impatient. It's coming, do you want it fast or want it slow and good?

Also, here's a suggestion...

When the new stuff for 3.0 comes out? Don't go blowing through it with guns a'blazing. Take your time, go slow and actually enjoy it. It's not a race to see who hits 60, last I checked there's no server first for finishing a rep or story, if there were, I'd probably have received it long ago.

My .02 credits.

If it's not a contest or anything of the sort, why do you feel the need to list every single character you have on your signature?

*Yawns.....:rolleyes:*

***SARCASM ALERT***

Because forged alliances had sooooooo much story. One had what..... 1 conversation and the other had a guy who WOULDN'T EVEN TALK..... Smdh

Wasn't impressed with that.....not impressed with this.....And I've got a feeling that "what's coming" will be as disappointing as everything that's been released since makeb.

***SARCASM ALERT***

Because forged alliances had sooooooo much story. One had what..... 1 conversation and the other had a guy who WOULDN'T EVEN TALK..... Smdh

Wasn't impressed with that.....not impressed with this.....And I've got a feeling that "what's coming" will be as disappointing as everything that's been released since makeb.

They ran out of budget for the voice acting. ;)

***SARCASM ALERT***

Like the article said, the Flashpoints did not have much dialog or story within them for people to yell for others to spacebar through past the first few times. The conversations on the ship started by the two astrodroids did have a lot of dialog and were a great "Chapter 1" to a story. You should check those out.

I swear, getting information out of BioWare about plot for up-coming expansions and updates is like Mulder's hunt for extraterrestrials in the X-files...full of crackpot theories and EA conspiracies, with little evidence to back anything up.

:rak_03:

I want to believe.

They ran out of budget for the voice acting. ;)

I run a recording studio......I'll give em a deal on some voiceover work. Lol :D

Like the article said, the Flashpoints did not have much dialog or story within them for people to yell for others to spacebar through past the first few times. The conversations on the ship started by the two astrodroids did have a lot of dialog and were a great "Chapter 1" to a story. You should check those out.

Yea.....I did.....and I still remain....unimpressed O_o

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

I think you need to lay back and stop feeding the rumor mill. Seriously. They've said multiple times over and over that any race that could not speak English was not going to be used due to the headache inducing dialogue they'd have to rely on for any non-English speaking race.

The only reason this Wookiee looks any different than your normal garden variety Wookiee NPC's is because he is an important character with an important role in the story to come.

Now, if you'll excuse me... I need to go find the Manahnahnah thread to laugh at the ones in there for thinking it was going to be a full fledged planet.

If it's not a contest or anything of the sort, why do you feel the need to list every single character you have on your signature?

Because I'm proud of my toons? I play them all and since I have no true mains, they all are to me. It's not a contest, I haven't received my reward title of 'no life'.

that droid head looks VERY like the one from star wars: the clone wars season 5 episode 7 a test of strength. said droid claims to be several thousand years old and rides what appears to be a defender ship (knight and consular ship). could it be the same driod? his name is huyang link to make things easier

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Huyang

You have no idea how much I would love if they put that droid in the game!

Because I'm proud of my toons? I play them all and since I have no true mains, they all are to me. It's not a contest, I haven't received my reward title of 'no life'.

As the leader of the guild you are in on shadowlands.

She is proud of her characters and it isn't bragging. Lots of people list their characters.