The Story of SWTOR, 2014

TaitWatson

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does that wookie look so weird?

The only thing we can take from this post will be the next expansion will be the largest since ROTHC.

Would have been nice to hear more though.

You know we'll start hearing about it once 2.9 drops. BW has demonstrated a pattern of only hyping up the 'next' thing in the pipeline.

Once Strongholds and Guild Ships and all that are live, then we'll start hearing about the next expansion.

Well, ever since they mentioned on stream that Chapter III of Forged Alliances would be a raid, I was hoping that this raid would arrive before the next major "Makeb-sized expansion". Boy was I deluding myself... I should have listened to all the naysayers in my guild all along.

Oh well, so roughly 3 to 5 months till the next raid, I can live with that. But I really hope this Makeb-sized expansion will contain more than one leveling planet. And that the next raid after that will come a little sooner than more than a year later. You can still hope, right? :o

We already got that here: http://www.swtor.com/blog/record-dread-masters. Definitely an interesting read. :)

I doubt that. We had to download the files for 2.0 the day it came out, so why would they do it differently for 3.0?

Damn. As a non-raider that just ruined the whole arc for me :mad: I"m trying very hard not to spew vitriol all over my keyboard right now.

And many came for the PvP and many came for the Raids and many came for the RP...

But what we will get is more story, just not individual class story and companion stories (which are pretty lame to begin with except for that one main companion for each class).

If you can't stay for the overarching faction stories then maby you should be looking for something other than an MMO, because it would seem that it is far too expensive and time consuming to make 8 storylines continously in an MMO at the pace required by the players.

If they adopted the "one big expansion every 2 years or so" strategy that WoW has, then sure, maby we could get some individual class stories, but we all know that people wouldn't stay around for that long without major content. Hell, people are already complaining about lack of content as it is.

All the other content is but a fraction (and not the main selling point) of the overall game. What set SWTOR apart, and continues to set SWTOR apart are the class stories, and the inclusive interactions with companions. I said nothing about leaving, but only stated the reason that the game garnered interest aside from the IP, and the one inarguable thing that nearly everyone agreed BW did different and right with the game.

Content locusts will never be happy with the pace of content releases, nor with the quality of said content (depth and buggieness). However, speaking for the many people I have talked with over the years, those of us playing for the story would have no problem waiting for small extensions to the class/companion stories with every "major" expansion like RotHC and the next planetary implementation. In the mean time, the PvP and FP/OPs can come with the "normal" updates throughout the year to keep everyone else happy (theoretically speaking of course).

Well this was seemingly pointless. The only thing I can say is that with the news that SWTOR is the 4th highest pop MMO in the world and with profits seemingly better than ever, this next expac needs to be much more content-rich than Makeb. I can live without class stories (would much prefer class stories obviously) but there's no excuse anymore for lack of content. It's time for EA to give back to this game and give us a true content-rich expansion.

I'm so looking forward to another nice long storyline!

And I'm still holding out hope that there will be some variation for the different classes (like a hybrid between Makeb and the Class stories). It's tiny, but it's still there.

Oh! And companion interactions! Though I might just die of shock the first time one of my companions says something that isn't generic combat nonsense. :o

Edited by Callaron

A lot of vague hints in this one...

But what I got from it... We will be getting 2 patches before the expansion. 2.9 and 2.10.

Since he mentioned that Forged Aliances will lead into the expansion. I am guessing that main storyline will "end" with the third part but it sets the groundwork for what we will be seeing in the expansion.

hmm...Not sure if this one knows how decimals work. :jawa_wink:

hmm...Not sure if this one knows how decimals work. :jawa_wink:

It's common practice in MMO's, or anything with content updates.

[Xpac#].[MajContentUpdate].[Hotfix]

I'm actually a bit surprised by just how many people, as gamers, think that updates follow standard mathematical rules. :p

for weeks and months u give us nothing, and then u call this "talks about the story"?

lol!

i call this an epic fail

You've Failed, because the start of Forged Alliances has been out for awhile.

As for a New Planet, I hate Manaan and made me Sick in KOTOR. Waste of time for me. It will probably be Manaan, but Kashyyyk holds so much more content if done right.

Another worthless post. Less than a month away from this being playable in our hands and we get "We're gonna give you information on it later."

Oh Come on you will be able to play The-Sims Swtor once your new sky place is here that should keep any hard nosed Raider Happy

whoops the sarcasm droid just blew a fuse

hehehehhe :p

Damn. As a non-raider that just ruined the whole arc for me :mad: I"m trying very hard not to spew vitriol all over my keyboard right now.

All future story content will be inside the Operations. Eventually it will be removed from Story mode and be Nightmare Mode only (and it will not be accessible after the NiM buff is gone).

:) *tries to keep a straight face*

I haven't finished the game yet,but I would prefer companion dialogues to start up again, in reaction to the events. And for the story to stop being so patchy and broken down into bits and pieces that require grouping and super-gear. :( And, yes, yes, I was told million times that one can get gear just fine after L50, and stuff, but it would be nice if it were the same as the rest of the game. I start feeling that there is just too much work to advance beyond Corellia. This whole end game thing... I am afraid I just don't get it. Edited by DomiSotto

I am Glad we are getting New Content I would have loved to see more in the article but such is life.

Wanting is always a far more pleasing thing than having.

I would like to see a type of guild war where one guild could attack another (that would be cool) and have their Guild banks raided of credits and gear.

nothing like waking up and logging on to find you have been cleared out and getting retribution for that attack

just dreaming

I haven't finished the game yet,but I would prefer companion dialogues to start up again, in reaction to the events. And for the story to stop being so patchy and broken down into bits and pieces that require grouping and super-gear. :( And, yes, yes, I was told million times that one can get gear just fine after L50, and stuff, but it would be nice if it were the same as the rest of the game. I start feeling that there is just too much work to advance beyond Corellia. This whole end game thing... I am afraid I just don't get it.

neither did I until I hit 50-55 and it was all worth it

I haven't finished the game yet,but I would prefer companion dialogues to start up again, in reaction to the events. And for the story to stop being so patchy and broken down into bits and pieces that require grouping and super-gear. :( And, yes, yes, I was told million times that one can get gear just fine after L50, and stuff, but it would be nice if it were the same as the rest of the game. I start feeling that there is just too much work to advance beyond Corellia. This whole end game thing... I am afraid I just don't get it.

There was never meant to be. They were hoping to get people playing through all the storylines and get players off the typical mmo treadmill. They didn't anticipate the average mmo players addiction to the grind though and most just left when they found it wasn't there.