The Story of SWTOR, 2014

TaitWatson

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article makes me concerned that there's going to be two more content patches with nothing but FPs before we see a new Ops.

I'm okay with them releasing new FPs every two months followed by a brand new expansion in December. Bring on the content!

I'm okay with them releasing new FPs every two months followed by a brand new expansion in December. Bring on the content!

Every two months?

Korriban Incursion and Assault on Tython were release three months ago(!), four months(!!!) once 2.9 is released. Also, just so you know, you're definitely in the first stage, namely "Denial".

Every two months?

Korriban Incursion and Assault on Tython were release three months ago(!), four months(!!!) once 2.9 is released. Also, just so you know, you're definitely in the first stage, namely "Denial".

You're so negative, wicked, you need to think positive! More FPs to come! Manaan! New expansion before 2015!

It's a bright new day!

So Charles Boyd is lead writer?!

Where's Hall Hood :(

I asked that already as well. Here's hoping he's working hard at the expansion so to speak; Also, it would seem Charles is the lead writer for these flashpoints, which is why he's in the spotlight I guess.

I asked that already as well. Here's hoping he's working hard at the expansion so to speak; Also, it would seem Charles is the lead writer for these flashpoints, which is why he's in the spotlight I guess.

Oh, thanks for the answer mate! :)

I hope Hall Hood will also work on this.

Good luck BioWare! Show us the epic story about heroes of the Republic and The Empire ;)

hm here is a more up to date link for the road map wonder why he linked the more out of date one ...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7404762#edit7404762

or why hey did not update the old one yet .

Why not just tell us all ready i know a few who will stop playing if we don't get some very new exciting stuff soon, me included . I've hung in there back when servers were down to may be 6 on the fleet at any given time . All i could do was solo stuff till we were moved to bigger servers .

Now this little or no info or up dates that really have nothing to do with the story line of the game or do but then nothing but it s coming .

cya .

Edited by tanktest

Come on Bioware, Forged Alliances part 1 is a prologue not a chapter. Ideally the story arc of Forged Alliances should be an entire act not just a few cut scenes from a flashpoint, but that's just my misguided opinion and hope.

As for Manaan, well I know I'm in the minority of people who didn't like Manaan from KOTOR so I'm not particularly excited for it. That said I suspect Manaan will be like CZ-198, a small daily area for reputation with flashpoint gates.

That's my unsolicited 2 cents.

Not exactly fully of story or information.

As far as the Story of SWTOR mostly vague talk that there will be some rather than any details on what the story will be.

Let me guess... you're the type who keeps asking "why is he doing that" and "who's that guy" during movies instead of waiting to find out yourself later in the movie right?

It's pretty obvious from the first part of Forged Alliances that they have a big mystery thing going on, so giving "details on what the story will be" would be pretty dumb.

BTW if you copy SW cliche, like the head droid on the Wookiee chest, make sure it'll great otherwise you're shooting yourselves in the feet by copying existing major SW elements.

Eeeh... you do know that for something to be counted as cliché it would have to have been done several times before right?

I can't remember very many wookiees with protocol droid heads strapped to their chests.

(And no, chewbacca carrying around C-3PO doesn't count.)

For a post that claims "Charles Boyd talks story" I expected a bit more information other than "those flashpoints you knew were coming had some story and the expansion will have some story too".

To me it looks like that droid is plugged into the wookiee's chestpiece. Maybe he uses it for translation instead of just carrying it around for stylish reasons.

Playable wookie was my hope, when i noticed that, but in a dark corner of my soul i doubt it :D

So I am guessing no specific extensions on class or companion stories - just overarching stories to continue? Story is nice, but class/companion stories are what brought many of us here and keep many of us playing.

And many came for the PvP and many came for the Raids and many came for the RP...

But what we will get is more story, just not individual class story and companion stories (which are pretty lame to begin with except for that one main companion for each class).

If you can't stay for the overarching faction stories then maby you should be looking for something other than an MMO, because it would seem that it is far too expensive and time consuming to make 8 storylines continously in an MMO at the pace required by the players.

If they adopted the "one big expansion every 2 years or so" strategy that WoW has, then sure, maby we could get some individual class stories, but we all know that people wouldn't stay around for that long without major content. Hell, people are already complaining about lack of content as it is.

Would he even still be alive?

I thought he'd been born 150+ years before KOTOR

They can live for "more than 400 standard years" so maby he's just really really old for a wookiee? :D

But I honestly doubt it's him.

I don't even know if I'd want it to be him.

Star Wars is already littered with uncalled for fan-favor as it is.

Especially the prequels (bleh!) but even in the EU, you keep getting the same characters from the movies popping in to say "hi" just to somehow validify the content. Hell, it's not even anywhere near main characters that pop in sometimes... it might just be someone that appeared in one scene for 5 seconds but they'll still be dropped in there for fan favor.