Darth Angral (Spoilers)

Ghoase

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual Darth Angral fight I only died once. I believe I was level 32.

However, I kept dying before that on the Elite mob, I think it was like a Colonel something or other. If i didn't outright die, I would be knocked back into the bottomless pit and die. Think I was there for like 5 deaths when he knocked me into the pit and I repawned further up in the map lol

Edited by BBrowned

I was Level 36, which helped I'm sure, and with Watchman spec (even though the fight UP to Angral was a bit longer than it would have been with Combat spec), I completely and utterly burned him down in about 20 seconds, taking very little damage at all. Then with Kira, the same.

Watchman is just completely brilliant at fighting single, tough enemies. I prefer Combat for general levelling just because regular mobs become made of paper, but Watchman was a definite WIN in this situation.

To be honest, with Watchman, I don't think those extra 3 levels would have mattered anyway. It would have been a case of killing him in 25 seconds as opposed to 20.

I'd heard such horror stories about the Darth Angral fight, and that fear made me so prepared for it that it became the easiest boss fight I'd had so far!

lvl 33 Jedi Guardian defense spec, 1st go. Didn't have to use any CD's or medpacks, just interrupted all his abilities. I was well geared, updated all my mods for tanking. Sent kira in first, taunted off, then tanked in. Lowest I went was 70% and that's only because I messed up interupting one of his abilities.

There was a guy here, I can't be bothered finding the post again that said he didn't have enough health for Kira... You can just heal before you start the kira fight.

Just to put this into context, I died about 10 times to valis, I died at least 10 times to that other boss on the rock ledge on tatooine, had to go away and grind levels above him to actually kill him!

Having said all of that, I killed the sith with the super laser on alderan at a lvl below without breaking a sweat, I then killed angral and kira at lvl 31. I didn't even heal between angral and kira. I found it ridiculously easy, and felt it was a bit of an anti climax.

I'm not boasting about that, as I said the two previous sith bosses wiped the floor with me over and over, I just found this run really easy.

Before I went to his ship I did go back to the fleet and respecced all mine and kiras armour, I added over 1k of health to each of us by swapping out every mod for one that gave endurance (I had a ridiculously large number of alderan commendations, mobs kept dropping them!), so if people ate having issues, then that's what I would recommend.

Edited by Maidel

I was 31. it took me 4 tries tbh, was one of the harder fights I thought of the story. Though it was certainly my fault when I messed up and missed one cast a few times, it seemed like even when I nailed them all call on the force was almost a requirement. I thought he was one of the harder fights of our story. Along with that damn sand demon :p

i'm a lvl 34 guardian and still can't beat him, its stupid u can't change the difficulty

Re-gear, get an endurance stim (you can get +60 endurance from the Galactic Trade Network for your level I believe, that extra 600 health will do you the world of good). Rebind your interrupt (Force Kick and Force Stasis) onto keys easily within reach so you can respond quickly when he casts. Send in your companion first to soak up the first few seconds of damage, if needs be. Use them as a meat shield.

Interrupts are absolutely key. Don't forget about your Sabre Ward and your PvE skill that instantly refreshes it and gives you 2% healing every 3 seconds. That's 24 seconds of massive defence right there.

All of that will see you through.

One try, with the watchman spec he was pretty easy.. I dont think i was over leveled either... I had a really hard time with the guy before him. The assissin on alderaan? He took me like 3-4 tries.. his constant dissapearing and reappearing and lag... ugh lol

Beat him tonight. First try. Level 34 Defense-spec Guardian. It was easy. Did not use Call on the Force, and didn't need it.

I suspect that mostly it was easy *because* I am defense-spec (and because I was level 34), though. As a defense-spec Guardian with Kira as my companion I generally chew up elites, rarely dropping below 50% health. It will be interesting to see how it goes when my Sentinel gets to him, especially since I won't have the option of using T7 to tank.

I suspect it will be quite a bit trickier.

Edited by Rankaze

First try as a Vigilance specced 34 Guardian.

No stims, no call on the force. Just good timing I guess on the use of Force Push, Stasis and Kick in the right order. Plus I had just gotten all new gear for myself and pretty good gear for Kira so I think I was pulling out some pretty good DPS for my level.

1 try here, level 33 Sentinel, Watchman. He was pretty tough, but definitely doable in one go. I think Kira ate it during the fight, but saber ward is a good alternative to companion tanking :)

As for the Sith Harrowers in the next mission - they were friggin' tough. Died once or twice doing those guys.