Darth Angral (Spoilers)

Ghoase

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to stop pvping and doing fps that much or i will never stand a chance in these show-off-threads :D

These do turn into bragging grounds or l2p threads, don't they? It's kinda pointless to say 'well I killed x at y level'. What purpose does it serve?

At least tell the poster how you accomplished it

These do turn into bragging grounds or l2p threads, don't they? It's kinda pointless to say 'well I killed x at y level'. What purpose does it serve?

At least tell the poster how you accomplished it

Ok , in my case i didn't really do anything special, as opposed to any other boss. I interrupt everything i can, pop my defensive skills at the right moment, not randomly, use transcendence not Zen.

There isn't anything special I could tell you, it wasn't difficult at all. it's not braging at all, i really didn't notice any increase in difficulty compared to other bosses. I can't remember if he had any adds with him, but if he does have any those go down first.

For me, is Force Leap to an add, aoe, maybe another hit and they're down, switch to next, let Kira take a beating first, then pop everything I can and go mental on the boss, stealing aggro in the process, then use my defensive skills and once he burns through those, I'll more than likely pop the 20 min cd skill and finish him off.

Watchman specced here, I tend to build my focus first, then unload everything, always keeping my dots up and ( cannot stress this enough ! ) always keep enough focus to be able to Kick.

I don't think this is any special from any other watchman out there.

Oops i just realised this is in Jedi Knight thread so apologies, I am a Sentinel :). duh

Edited by Mrrshan

I've done this twice now and the first time I was level 32 and got him first time. The second time I was level 30 and took five goes. I did have computer problems during my second attempt causing my character to get stuck in walk mode and had to log out and log back in again. This may have had an impact on one or two of my attempts. Luck was obviously important too.

I tend to send Kira in first and activate her blade ward. Then force leap, master strike, zealous strike, cauterise, blade storm, opportune strike, slash, strike, and by then zealous strike has usually come available again. I hit force kick whenever I see a build up on the other guys bar and if I get held by some force choke or other I hit the interupt which I've forgotten the name of. Anytime I see overload light sabre light up I hit that, like wise with zen.

Edited by coille

got it on my 2nd try.

Pro tip, you can use the computer screens to the left of the room to break his los, i force pushed him towards there, taunted him and then beat him down using interupts and breaking los every time he cast.

its a little cheep yes, but im a aussie, and my connection on US servers was pushing my interupts out of sync.

• 2 weeks later...

I have lost count as to how many times this guy has killed me. I am using all of my interrupts, have the Might Stim and Med Pack and I am now so broke I can't even fly anywhere due to my repair costs. /cry

And for those of you with the "ZOMG SPOILER ALERT DUDE" comments, are you really so thick that you didn't see this coming? Not much of a spoiler imo.

A spoiler would be telling everyone that Darth Vader is Luke's dad.

OMG - did I just spoil a 30 year old movie for you? :p

I have lost count as to how many times this guy has killed me. I am using all of my interrupts, have the Might Stim and Med Pack and I am now so broke I can't even fly anywhere due to my repair costs. /cry

And for those of you with the "ZOMG SPOILER ALERT DUDE" comments, are you really so thick that you didn't see this coming? Not much of a spoiler imo.

A spoiler would be telling everyone that Darth Vader is Luke's dad.

OMG - did I just spoil a 30 year old movie for you? :p

I just wondered, do you have fraps on your computer? If you recorded yourself attempting to kill him you might see something you are doing or could use as well as what you are doing now. I filmed myself a couple of weeks ago and realised although I was interrupting I was sometimes doing it too late and I wasn't using force stasis enough. That has helped me a lot. Good luck!!

Edited by Zylaro

lvl 34 2 or 3 times i didnt mess with timing interrupts when he started to cast i moved out of range when he did that thing that would one shot you. just powered through the rest Edited by Warnerve

I beat Him on the first shot at lvl 34... It was tough, But Kira Made it to the end of the fight and I had just about 1/4 hp left.

The interrupts worked just fine for me, Force Push Plus force jump was a good combo, Heals and timing where very important.

I'm not saying anyone who didn't beat him in one shot is bad... But people claiming That Other people who DID one shot him are lying because its impossible...well maybe those people suck.... 20-30 attempts once you're at lvl 33 or better is crazy. he is a tough Fight... But NOT that tough.

To this point the hardest fight I've had was Valis 5 tries before I got him, and It was my own damn fault for not having the right gear and right strategy.

Level 32 - 33

Actually got stuck at mini-boss.

Called in a lvl 28-29 commando friend he gunned down the miniboss easily.

The fight with Darth Angril wasn't even a fight, it was over almost as soon as it began.

The commando gunned Angril down so fast it was insane.

He could have easily soloed Angril without bothering with interrupts.

When I was trying to do the quest, we were having the self-cancelling skill issues.

Edited by GarfieldJL

First try at Level 33 as Watchman Spec...

This was after Kira dying, popping Call on the Force, all my cooldowns, interrupting as much as I could, medpacks and stimpacks and I still finished at 2% health....

I can tell you right now that single fight renergised me for ToR - it was harrowing, it was intense...and it was such an ahhhhhh yeah moment when he died!

Shame I then got killed 5 times by the Sith Harrowers on Tatoonie!

First try at Level 33 as Watchman Spec...

This was after Kira dying, popping Call on the Force, all my cooldowns, interrupting as much as I could, medpacks and stimpacks and I still finished at 2% health....

I can tell you right now that single fight renergised me for ToR - it was harrowing, it was intense...and it was such an ahhhhhh yeah moment when he died!

Shame I then got killed 5 times by the Sith Harrowers on Tatoonie!

I have to add yeah I enjoyed that fight and the next few did a video below. Get dots rolling and force stasis is your friend..

3 times at lvl 33 watchman, first run was already beat up, repaired, then missed some interupts on second try, third times a charm after reading this thread. Thanks all.

However at 31 I got smoked over and over agini, then did hilt upgrades, re speced to watchman from combat, upgraded most mod slots, on myself and Kira, worked on new rotation. went datacroning. Then good to go. :D

2 attempts 31 Sentinel, Combat spec. Died the first time due to crippling lag for 10 seconds after pull and he was able to get 2 nukes off on me and I wasn't able to play catch up.

Second attempt went fine. You just have to remember you have 2 interrupts + Pacify which is a huge buff that should be used on CD for difficult mobs.

Patience, strategy, practice. Get a good rotation and practice it on mobs ( I used Nar Shadaar), once you've got it down unless you get one shot you should do it. Force leap, stasis,master strike, blade ward, zealous strike, blade storm. force kick as necessary

no lies how many attempts did it take you to beat darth angral and what was your lvl.

for me it was 9 times lvl 32..

3 tries

31 watchman

Gotta use all of your abilities and a medpack helps too. Send that **** kira carsen in and pull aggro before she dies (not too hard) and then just kite that mofo with a slow while she runs behind him whacking away. CDs were a necessity.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of you don't seem to realize that the difficulty of the game is enormously increased when you have a less powerful (but above minimum) graphics card -- you literally do not see every frame making some things almost impossible -- like the Syvetris or whatever space mission and SOME bosses. I've lost to Angral 4 times at levels 35-36. The first time I seemed to be beating him -- I'd say I was at about 40% and he was about 1-2%. I died instantly with no chance to counter. I levelled up to 36 and did much worse. I wondered if there was some penalty to not beating him the first time...now I think that I'm simply missing the cues needed to interrupt.

The game is great, but can get almost pathetic at spots -- I reel around like a drunk walking through some interiors that apparently have too much detail for my system to handle. I think the Angral situation is a combination of the boss and the environment -- inside many ships or tech areas seems to tax the graphics even if it doesn't look that impressive (flashing consoles? metallic finishes?)

Anyway, I will try to use these strategies and basically blindly try to time when to interrupt. I can get help, but it seems cheap to do so at the end of a chapter.....