16-man NiM Dread Palace Progression Tracking

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snide comments from your position of an abandoned 16m guild are rather hard to justify.

We've never stopped trying 16m ever since DP came out despite all the problems everyone else has, our attitude is to not give up.

My personal view is that the timed run which you never managed on 16m is not within our reach and that your comments about attitude should not be pointed anywhere near us.

As amusing as your sniping at my guild (that killed council what, 10 weeks ago?) is, it's even more amusing that you posted this literally 2 hours after saying you had given up on getting Dread Master on 16 pre-nerf, and possibly at all. Just a reminder, I replied to a post containing the line

Timed run if done will be done after the NiM buff is removed.

I understand not paying attention to what I write, as I'm irrelevant, but you should at least remember what you write.

I'm not attacking NGE's attitude. I think it's great a group is still pulling council on 16m when so many groups have decided to drop to 8 instead of recruiting to fill in their weaknesses. I'm just criticizing your personal attitude (unless your attitude is NGE's attitude, then I suppose I am). If you guys kill council on 16, you'll be in a position to attempt the one thing no-one's accomplished in this game, a 16m pre-nerf timed run. I figured that'd be a good motivator and you'd be excited to try it, but I guess if you want to rest on your laurels as world first 4/5 DP NiM that's your prerogative.

For the record, for as long as I've been in Severity (since ROTHC launched) we never dropped to 8m to kill a boss we couldn't manage on 16.

Edited by namesaretough

What do you expect me to say when you criticise attitude and I know why SG 16m NiM isnt with us anymore. They had the best chance in the game at a 16m timed run and let it go.

I know the maths of our time taken on fights and we have a hard date for NiM buff removal, you cannot make any educated opinion on our chances from one picture.

Our goal is NiM 16m + buff. Timed will become a goal after that however it is a luxury and I have a realistic view on how likely that is in the time left with buff still on.

Realistic is not the same thing as negative unless you have a negative view on being realistic.

I have specified in posts you have quoted that this is my own view.

Edited by Gyronamics

What do you expect me to say when you criticise attitude and I know why SG 16m NiM isnt with us anymore. They had the best chance in the game at a 16m timed run and let it go.

I know the maths of our time taken on fights and we have a hard date for NiM buff removal, you cannot make any educated opinion on our chances from one picture.

Our goal is NiM 16m + buff. Timed will become a goal after that however it is a luxury and I have a realistic view on how likely that is in the time left with buff still on.

Realistic is not the same thing as negative unless you have a negative view on being realistic.

The question was "are you going to be trying a timed run on 16m", and your reply was "if we ever do it, it'll be after NiM power goes away". I didn't make any guesses about anyone's chances. I just expressed my disappointment in a member of the one guild with a shot at a NIM power timed run saying they wouldn't even be trying it because it's too hard. Color it however you want in hindsight, that's a terrible attitude for a progression raider to have.

Say it as you like, your reply was uncalled for since you don't know our situation.

As riku said, I do what I need to do for the benefit of the team.

Your (you pl.) situation is that you have a lot of people hoping you prevent a mode from only being completed by one guild. ;)

I'm not attacking NGE's attitude. I think it's great a group is still pulling council on 16m when so many groups have decided to drop to 8 instead of recruiting to fill in their weaknesses.

I just want to comment on this one part. Saying something like "recruiting to fill in your weaknesses" just shows a lack of knowledge on what other 16 man guilds (at least we have in Intrepid) have gone through due to this tier. It's one thing to find 1-3 players. It's completely another to replace 10+ people who quit the game, went casual, or just mysteriously disappeared into the night after getting gear and titles.

The 8 man team that joined our guild was the only reason we even had a chance at doing 16 man this tier as they helped us out on their alts and we did 16 man every single chance we got. We swapped back and forth between 16 and 8 man on a regular basis before we had to do 8 man just because of a lack of people. It certainly wasn't for a lack of trying as we did a ton of recruiting and tryouts, which spent a good deal of our time as well.

I can't speak for any other 16 man guild, but I highly doubt many (or any for that matter) just decided to give up easily because of a few losses. The Dread Operations have been around for over a year and people are bored of the damn game. Coupled with a lack of players that were both highly skilled and reliable in the community, our only real option was to go with 8 man. We wanted 16 man 100%, but the people aren't there and we aren't going to grab some randoms to fill up slots and fail just to say we're still doing 16 man.

I have that fun each day we (TheBlackForge) meet NGE at the enterance to DP. The sad thing is that they instead of being happy that ToFN raiding isnt really dead and we killed councils NiM before nerf(this time we killed it after NGE, not like with brontes) they call my guild **** and say 8 modes are only made for alts and it doesnt count. Im really disappointed of NGE attitude..

I just want to comment on this one part. Saying something like "recruiting to fill in your weaknesses" just shows a lack of knowledge on what other 16 man guilds (at least we have in Intrepid) have gone through due to this tier. It's one thing to find 1-3 players. It's completely another to replace 10+ people who quit the game, went casual, or just mysteriously disappeared into the night after getting gear and titles.

The 8 man team that joined our guild was the only reason we even had a chance at doing 16 man this tier as they helped us out on their alts and we did 16 man every single chance we got. We swapped back and forth between 16 and 8 man on a regular basis before we had to do 8 man just because of a lack of people. It certainly wasn't for a lack of trying as we did a ton of recruiting and tryouts, which spent a good deal of our time as well.

I can't speak for any other 16 man guild, but I highly doubt many (or any for that matter) just decided to give up easily because of a few losses. The Dread Operations have been around for over a year and people are bored of the damn game. Coupled with a lack of players that were both highly skilled and reliable in the community, our only real option was to go with 8 man. We wanted 16 man 100%, but the people aren't there and we aren't going to grab some randoms to fill up slots and fail just to say we're still doing 16 man.

First, I wasn't thinking of intrepid when I wrote that statement (although, I think we had ~25 people total come in on council for us during the weeks we were working on it, so we certainly didn't dodge the "having to find people" problem). Second, there are good players out there, but you have to actively be looking for them. You can't stop at a forum recruitment post and maybe some fleetchat spam. Also, I thought Harbinger was one of the best servers for PVE right now? I know there are several guilds who have cleared DP, even under the timer. If you have good relationships with the other guilds on your server, it makes it a lot easier to sub people in, given how many NiM-level raiders have geared alts/mirror classes they can use. If you don't, things get harder, but pissing off everyone on your server to the point they won't raid with you is a pretty shortsighted approach to things anyways.

Losing that many people early (it sounds like between DF and DP? or early into DP) sounds like a leadership problem though, tbh. Losing more than half your raid isn't just a rash of people "going casual" or "disappearing" without some help from the people running stuff.

Edited by namesaretough

I have that fun each day we (TheBlackForge) meet NGE at the enterance to DP. The sad thing is that they instead of being happy that ToFN raiding isnt really dead and we killed councils NiM before nerf(this time we killed it after NGE, not like with brontes) they call my guild **** and say 8 modes are only made for alts and it doesnt count. Im really disappointed of NGE attitude..

The funniest thing is that NGE have done council only on 8 man, so yeah they got nice alts, and remember - it doesn't count :D

First, I wasn't thinking of intrepid when I wrote that statement (although, I think we had ~25 people total come in on council for us during the weeks we were working on it, so we certainly didn't dodge the "having to find people" problem). Second, there are good players out there, but you have to actively be looking for them. You can't stop at a forum recruitment post and maybe some fleetchat spam. Also, I thought Harbinger was one of the best servers for PVE right now? I know there are several guilds who have cleared DP, even under the timer. If you have good relationships with the other guilds on your server, it makes it a lot easier to sub people in, given how many NiM-level raiders have geared alts/mirror classes they can use. If you don't, things get harder, but pissing off everyone on your server to the point they won't raid with you is a pretty shortsighted approach to things anyways.

Losing that many people early (it sounds like between DF and DP? or early into DP) sounds like a leadership problem though, tbh. Losing more than half your raid isn't just a rash of people "going casual" or "disappearing" without some help from the people running stuff.

Seems like your post is full of assumptions with no real facts...but that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Back to 16m progression, any chance we'll see SG get the title before the buff expires?

not to shift gears, but any chance Intrepid kills it in 16 man before the buff expires? I know you guys got it in 8 fairly recently, at least judging from Kalizo's (spellcheck sry) sig, but I'm curious about 16 man. You guys have always been known as a 16 man progression guild. Also, I can't seem to find any info on the intrepid 8 man kill, who all was in on it?

I just hope somebody else kills it in 16 before nerf. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against SG in any way, but it would be nice for 16 man council to not be another "World Only" kill for them. Competition keeps people motivated, and there was a lack of competing raid teams in DP for 16. I mean, 8 man had the same issue with some raid teams dropping out, but there was still a solid pool of raid groups going for kills. To keep it in context, this forum was updated less often than the 8 man Dread Fortress progression thread during the DP NiM cycle. It's just weird. I always felt 16 man progression races were awesome, going back to the EC NiM days where everyone was posting updates on how close they were getting on Tanks... Next tier, will we even HAVE a 16 man progression thread?

Seems like your post is full of assumptions with no real facts...but that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Well a couple real facts, like Harb has good players, good players are out there, and it takes work to get them. Ultimately though, it's all just my opinion, shaped by my experience over ~8 months of making sure SG stayed a 16m guild, and watching Thin do the same for another 6 months or so before that.

Back to 16m progression, any chance we'll see SG get the title before the buff expires?

Nope, no chance. Any chance we'll see a kill from you?

Edited by namesaretough

Well a couple real facts, like Harb has good players, good players are out there, and it takes work to get them. Ultimately though, it's all just my opinion, shaped by my experience over ~8 months of making sure SG stayed a 16m guild, and watching Thin do the same for another 6 months or so before that.

Nope, no chance. Any chance we'll see a kill from you?

Seems as though SG could have recruited through the decline and achieved another world title run from your description. Too bad it didn't work out as it's a loss for the entire community.

#RIPSG

As for Intrepid, we're still raiding on a regular basis...timed runs are on the agenda. If you look to come out of retirement (not exactly what that means from a video game pov) you're welcome to app. An officer will reply right away as we're always recruiting.

Seems as though SG could have recruited through the decline and achieved another world title run from your description. Too bad it didn't work out as it's a loss for the entire community.

#RIPSG

As for Intrepid, we're still raiding on a regular basis...timed runs are on the agenda. If you look to come out of retirement (not exactly what that means from a video game pov) you're welcome to app. An officer will reply right away as we're always recruiting.

We certainly could have, but when all the officers are ready to be done and no one else wants to take over sometimes you have to let nature take its' course.

I would have argued that it was a good thing for the community, since we had 8+ people who would have been willing to continue playing elsewhere and that many talented players could have helped any guild get a kill, but for some reason no one tried to recruit them. Odd, since I hear everyone's recruiting so assiduously.

We certainly could have, but when all the officers are ready to be done and no one else wants to take over sometimes you have to let nature take its' course.

I would have argued that it was a good thing for the community, since we had 8+ people who would have been willing to continue playing elsewhere and that many talented players could have helped any guild get a kill, but for some reason no one tried to recruit them. Odd, since I hear everyone's recruiting so assiduously.

Communication is a two way street. Anyone wanting to continue progression raiding from SG would be welcome to join Intrepid if they wish to keep raiding, especially 16m. We would just need to know who's interested.

Suckafish ran into a similar issue and reached out to our officers...now they are part of our ranks and really glad to have them onboard. Similar situation with other guilds on the server as well.

A few ways to contact us:

on our site: http://www.intrepidops.com

on enjin: message Wel

on this forum (send me a pm)

or in game on The Harbinger (/who any Wel)

Our new recruitment post for Strongholds:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=759658

Communication is a two way street. Anyone wanting to continue progression raiding from SG would be welcome to join Intrepid if they wish to keep raiding, especially 16m. We would just need to know who's interested.

Suckafish ran into a similar issue and reached out to our officers...now they are part of our ranks and really glad to have them onboard. Similar situation with other guilds on the server as well.

A few ways to contact us:

on our site: http://www.intrepidops.com

on enjin: message Wel

on this forum (send me a pm)

or in game on The Harbinger (/who any Wel)

Our new recruitment post for Strongholds:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=759658

This post made me smile

gl getting council <3

Edit: I'll just repeat this here

Second, there are good players out there, but you have to actively be looking for them.

Edited by namesaretough