16-man NiM Dread Palace Progression Tracking

I used to run 16 its pointless player pool is small, less competitive, individual performance isn't as high, it just requires more coordination. If SG swapped to 8M with

You

ctor

healers

yolo/colin

jurbeky

MK

Would be a dope squad and make the 8M scene more competitive. 16M is 16M though it suffers from multiple issues PC performance, most of the numbers are multiplied, more people required to show up. I remember like 3 SG PTS nights being canceled because of no shows, hell smugglin probably spent 8 hours on the PTS with us and what 12 with SG? Hell wasn't the SG timed run of DF done with members of Hates you?

All that for me personally is a turn off I remember the Zorz/SG nights and yolo was like you have to delay x time and all seven of us were like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I still remember when SG consumed most of the 16 guilds pre 2.0 and handed carnage and another guild a death note.

You need this.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our best team with at least 8 reserves hit the instance soon after the server went up to ninja 4/5 and we've been 4/5 16m and 8m each week since.

Summer for us is inconsistent team composition. Always enough mains, alts and reserves but never the same ones. Less RNG would be nice but it's not about the RNG anymore, those only cause maybe 1/5 wipes. The combination of reaches and requirement to fight at the same time is simply a very unpleasant mechanic for a large team which needs practice and team consistency.

Our best team with at least 8 reserves hit the instance soon after the server went up to ninja 4/5 and we've been 4/5 16m and 8m each week since.

Summer for us is inconsistent team composition. Always enough mains, alts and reserves but never the same ones. Less RNG would be nice but it's not about the RNG anymore, those only cause maybe 1/5 wipes. The combination of reaches and requirement to fight at the same time is simply a very unpleasant mechanic for a large team which needs practice and team consistency.

It seems to be that if you see a laser about to form, move away from it. Pretty simple.

JK.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe another kill coming finally on 16 last pull of last night ended at this point ....

http://ixparse.com/img/troll-wipe.jpg

Based on that picture, I'm sure you guys will get it so I look forward to your victory. I've found getting practice consistently when doing 8 man in the 2nd phase makes coming up with a strategy much easier. Mainly due to the fact the 1st phase has less chance of your team getting blown up by RNG burst damage.

We stopped doing 16 man only a few days after I last posted about Intrepid trying to get a kill. We had to just drop to 8 man to get the kill in general, which was nice at least. Unless something has changed with Ace or PV getting 16 again, the only other possible kills for 16 man at this point would be a 8 man guild with two teams doing Council and having them pool all their extra gear and experience from beating it in 8 man repeatedly to beat 16 man.

Soooo everyone's at like 100%, mind I ask what went wrong?

Probably to much aoe spam not enough single target on first two. tied with a not so clean switch from Bestia to Raptus I know i had already put 1 global on Tyrans before Raptus was called, so who knows how many others spent more than 1 global on wrong target. Tied with healers lacking any experience of having all 16 ppl up at that point.

Should be cleaned up for tonight

the only other possible kills for 16 man at this point would be a 8 man guild with two teams doing Council and having them pool all their extra gear and experience from beating it in 8 man repeatedly to beat 16 man.

I hope if that did happen noone would use their "extra gear and experience" as an excuse as to why they killed it when another guild hasn't. A couple MH barrels/hilts (because everyone can be BiS mods/enh by now with how long this tier has been out) doesn't make a kill, the entire p3 of the fight is functionally the same as p1, and the only aid "experience" would give on p2 is people paying attention to what's going on (and let's face it, if you haven't seen p2 as a 16m guild enough to have a working strat for it yet there are bigger problems than "gear and experience").

Probably to much aoe spam not enough single target on first two. tied with a not so clean switch from Bestia to Raptus I know i had already put 1 global on Tyrans before Raptus was called, so who knows how many others spent more than 1 global on wrong target. Tied with healers lacking any experience of having all 16 ppl up at that point.

Should be cleaned up for tonight

It's pretty baffling to me that a group could hit the final burn without everyone already knowing what the kill order is.

It's pretty baffling to me that a group could hit the final burn without everyone already knowing what the kill order is.

It was even called and calmly explained before we entered the burn phase, twice actually, but you know, people and their DPS... :p

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Whatever we did from that point in the picture we were about to die to enrage. Lack of experience killed us.

I don't know why it's being discussed here anyway. It's nothing til it's a kill.

And we don't stream progress.

There are at least 4 players who record their point of view for later.

Edited by Gyronamics

Once NGE get the 16 man kill, are they just going to split into groups of 8 for the timed run, or actually try a 16 man of it?

16m NiM timed run with NiM buff has a level of RNG too ridiculous to pass with 1-2 shots a week before it goes.

Timed run if done will be done after the NiM buff is removed.

This sort of attitude is why 16m competition has been dead for a long time.

Snide comments from your position of an abandoned 16m guild are rather hard to justify.

We've never stopped trying 16m ever since DP came out despite all the problems everyone else has, our attitude is to not give up.

My personal view is that the timed run which you never managed on 16m is not within our reach and that your comments about attitude should not be pointed anywhere near us.

Edited by Gyronamics