16-man NiM Dread Palace Progression Tracking

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please kill council

Don't tell people what to do.

On a serious note, I'm fairly certain 90% of the 16m teams (aka all 4 of them) are doing 8m now most likely. This is a sure indication for the developers to actually tune the instances properly or people just won't run it? Yes I understand its the summer so people go on vacations & blah blah blah, but this tier is clearly different than all the others for a reason.

Very true, but I think you still understand what my point was. :cool:

I'd think that once people saw it was killable on 16 they'd keep trying, but I'd say the drop from 16 to 8 happens when there are too many people being carried on 16 (in council's case, generally the healers/tanks). It's easier to cut than to add. The fight was frustratingly untuned on 16, but not so far out of whack that we shouldn't have seen another group kill it 2 months after release. The real problem plaguing 16 is a lack of NiM-level raiders in this game willing to run 16m.

Edited by namesaretough

Undercon went to 8 man a few weeks ago. We spent too much time on Bestia and Tyrans, partly due to no pts experience but more because of too many roster changes, and decided to bow out for the DP race. Hopefully we'll have a more consistent player base with new NiM content post-xpac but that's a long ways off. GL to any teams left but I feel SG might be world only 16m NiM DP pre-nerf :(

I am hopeful for NGE. Their main problem was people on holiday apparently... I hope they have no plans to go to 8 man.

I really think the Nightmare Power buff should stay in until 2.10. We need more guilds trying it before just jumping in and one shotting the first 4 and having a much easier time on the Council. It's not like the Council's impossible, it's been killed twice (by the same guild though). I don't think making it easier should happen yet.

The overtuned damage was a bit of a mistake from the start, and now it can't really be fixed except by removing the Nightmare Power buff. Getting bad RNG is a big cause of wipes, and bad RNG with reduced damage can still be a wipe.

Unless of course that this time they actually reduce the health like it was meant to.

Oh, and someone arrange some sort of memorial service for SG. ;)

Edited by TheRandomno

You did what? Last time I checked the hyped-up livestream had no good results. Must have been a while ago I checked then.

Just because we showcased our failed Timed Run attempts doesn't mean we didn't kill said boss many times before it. The operation has been out 2 months now.

Just because we showcased our failed Timed Run attempts doesn't mean we didn't kill said boss many times before it. The operation has been out 2 months now.

Oh, the livestream was timed run then. GJ on those kills.

No 16m Dread Master title then for sure. EDIT: Well pre-nerf anyway.

Edited by TheRandomno

I'd think that once people saw it was killable on 16 they'd keep trying, but I'd say the drop from 16 to 8 happens when there are too many people being carried on 16 (in council's case, generally the healers/tanks). It's easier to cut than to add. The fight was frustratingly untuned on 16, but not so far out of whack that we shouldn't have seen another group kill it 2 months after release. The real problem plaguing 16 is a lack of NiM-level raiders in this game willing to run 16m.

I used to run 16 its pointless player pool is small, less competitive, individual performance isn't as high, it just requires more coordination. If SG swapped to 8M with

You

ctor

healers

yolo/colin

jurbeky

MK

Would be a dope squad and make the 8M scene more competitive. 16M is 16M though it suffers from multiple issues PC performance, most of the numbers are multiplied, more people required to show up. I remember like 3 SG PTS nights being canceled because of no shows, hell smugglin probably spent 8 hours on the PTS with us and what 12 with SG? Hell wasn't the SG timed run of DF done with members of Hates you?

All that for me personally is a turn off I remember the Zorz/SG nights and yolo was like you have to delay x time and all seven of us were like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I still remember when SG consumed most of the 16 guilds pre 2.0 and handed carnage and another guild a death note.

Edited by JDotter

I used to run 16 its pointless player pool is small, less competitive, individual performance isn't as high, it just requires more coordination. If SG swapped to 8M...

Would be a dope squad and make the 8M scene more competitive. 16M is 16M though it suffers from multiple issues PC performance, most of the numbers are multiplied, more people required to show up. I remember like 3 SG PTS nights being canceled because of no shows, hell smugglin probably spent 8 hours on the PTS with us and what 12 with SG? Hell wasn't the SG timed run of DF done with members of Hates you?

Any 16 guild who grabbed their 8 best would be a better 8m team than their 16 was. No matter how many "good" players are in their group there's always going to be some who are better than others. I like 16m because of the coordination and 8m just feels like a flashpoint group to me tbh. 16 comes with more attendance concerns but it's the leadership's job to make sure there's a full raid when it's time to go (something i failed at a couple times to be sure). I think the biggest turnoff is how terribly optimized this game is for bigger group content, both technically (computer performance) and in terms of difficulty/tuning. Still though, I wish there were more groups doing it. I had a blast with every one of our raiders, I don't think I could have cut it down to 8 even if i wanted to.

I still remember when SG consumed most of the 16 guilds pre 2.0 and handed carnage and another guild a death note.

Hey now, if we hadn't grabbed vira/final/prodigy from carnage they would have just quit playing altogether. They came to us about joining first after all, they were tired of carrying people who had no business being in NiM. I'm just glad we conned them into playing for so much longer. I don't think we killed any other guilds, but I know for sure we never convinced anyone to join who didn't show interest in coming to us first. People just like blaming the players who leave or the guild they went to instead of figuring out why they wanted to go.

Edited by namesaretough