16-man NiM Dread Palace Progression Tracking

Snickerr, just watched the kill vid....

Brontes sub 50% reach phase looks like AIDS in 16 man. No bueno. Out of pure curiosity, once SG was consistently getting to phase 2, did it take long for people not to die en mass to reaches? End of phase 2 is a completely different beast than 8 man. Not saying harder or easier, because I've cleared neither, but good lord, the chaos. PS your death was very Kesmet of you.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snickerr, just watched the kill vid....

Brontes sub 50% reach phase looks like AIDS in 16 man. No bueno. Out of pure curiosity, once SG was consistently getting to phase 2, did it take long for people not to die en mass to reaches? End of phase 2 is a completely different beast than 8 man. Not saying harder or easier, because I've cleared neither, but good lord, the chaos. PS your death was very Kesmet of you.

As per usual, twice the bodies in 16 so twice the accountability. We definitely have a great strategy now & it's a whole lot easier.

It probably took 25-30 pulls getting to the fingers to get reasonably consistent at them, although a lot of that was figuring out how to place people.

CHEATER YOU WERE APART OF THE ZORZ 90 HOURS PTS DAILY.

Hi

OT: Yolo died GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Edited by JDotter

OT: Yolo died GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

10/10 Milas would have called a wipe :D

Anyhow, really nice with video, looks massively clean even thought you had some ppl dying, out of curiosity, why use a Vanguard kiting Raptus and not, for example, a Gunslinger or Scoundrel?

Edited by RikuvonDrake

10/10 Milas would have called a wipe :D

Anyhow, really nice with video, looks massively clean even thought you had some ppl dying, out of curiosity, why use a Vanguard kiting Raptus and not, for example, a Gunslinger or Scoundrel?

Still haven't cleared DP NiM?

We are struggling with consistency, getting to the end of the 2nd phase, when that comes we are both a bit lacking in DPS and positioning with reaches, but if ppl can stop being emo and show up to all our raids, we could make some progress. Problematic when we have new Raptus kiter and Bestia taunted each week :p

I noticed you guys don't care about tyrans thundering blast, we are forced to keep two ppl at him all times taunting and turning him to avoid it hitting the raid, any comment or advise?

I noticed you guys don't care about tyrans thundering blast, we are forced to keep two ppl at him all times taunting and turning him to avoid it hitting the raid, any comment or advise?

Other than "heal harder", not really, unfortunately. When we do it, it's a balance mostly dictated by the healers, trying to stack the ranged up enough to heal efficiently but not so much that the damage going out from TB is unhealable.

Like Smuggln said we try to position the ranged/healers in such a way that not everyone is getting hit at the same time, but a few will. Using a combination of aoe healing and direct healing to combat the TB dmg. This strat requires 5 healers to deal with the amount of dmg that needs to be healed. Healing comp may also matter. I play a sage and it's stressful in terms of the amount of constant healing needed and having to sac hp to restore my force when I could possibly get hit by any TB plus other dmg all at once. 2 of the 5 healers being sages would not really be desirable. On occasion a player may die due to the rng of getting hit with everything all at once, but now that we've learned it people survive most pulls.

If any devs read these forums still, this is the worst mechanic ever. Please don't do this again.

Everyone said that after Cartel Warlords too (which obviously had the same problem at tier). I just don't think the devs balance fights correctly for certain RNG-outlier scenarios, especially in 16 man.

Everyone said that after Cartel Warlords too (which obviously had the same problem at tier). I just don't think the devs balance fights correctly for certain RNG-outlier scenarios, especially in 16 man.

Everyone who does 16m for progression can tell they don't balance 16m correctly at all, but it's still worth saying.

The 16-man balancing problem lies in the strategy they usually use - "twice the healers, twice the damage". This is fine for constant predictable damage, however burst damage has little relation to the number healers. The burst damage a raid is able to take is determined by the health and mitigation of the players. So duplicating burst damage only makes sense if in 16-manplayers had twice the health, which they don't...

Taking for example Tyrans' Thundering Blast, a better strategy would have been to keep its damage the same as 8-man but cutting the cooldown in half. This way it would still do twice as much damage overall, putting appropriate strain on the healers, but not kill people when the RNG Gods decide someone should get hit by Thundering Blast, Shock, and Smash all in the same GCD.

Anyway, back to farming dailies for repair costs! :(

We were getting to the third phase but haven't 16m raided for about 2 weeks. Bad time of year for vacations, etc has caused some roster consistency issues that has stymied progression. Have fielded a couple of 8m teams that are clearing content.

Just hoping Bioware shows some love to the raiding scene soon. 9 months of the same instance is really, really boring.

Doesn't help either when the current tier was cleared to the final boss in a matter of hours and the last boss is a RNG joke on 16m. I can't begin to describe how frustrating the TB, shock and smash combo can be after kiting raptus so perfectly....

• 2 weeks later...

Severity's all done. We were hoping to get a timed run before hanging it up, but even without it there are just too many of us uninterested in only logging in to raid 1.5h/week to continue. There may be an 8m forming out of the people left, or everyone may go their separate ways, but we won't be doing 16m runs for the foreseeable future.

It's been fun getting to know the community over the last year+ I've been doing 16m progression, and it's a shame guilds keep dropping out. Maybe if more groups were pushing for timed runs or were working on council we'd be more motivated to keep going, I don't know. I hope we see more kills pre-nerf, too. I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that we haven't seen any yet, but I hope too many groups haven't given up totally.

-Evrydayimretired

Well, that's disappointing to hear, but not surprising. We started up 16 man again recently after getting some new people so we hope to have a kill fairly soon. I'm fairly sure some people will take a break to do anything but play SWTOR given the game's current state.

Good luck to you guys and everyone else in 16 man in whatever you choose to do.

Edited by Vaidinah