Krayt Dragon World Boss

rkamm

I would like to see The Krayt Dragon as a new Elite World Boss. Why this World Boss was not in game from start I do not know. It can spawn young Krayt Dragons for ads. Can have one of it's drops Be a Krayt Dragon Pearl that can be used as a Crystal in Weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you. Minus the Krayt Dragon Pearl.. as we already have that in game for use of artifact level crafting of like level 20-30 gear?

Perhaps make some type of unique item it drops only, items that aid in crafting a Krayt Dragon piece of armor perhaps? That has decent look to it? :D

I would like to see The Krayt Dragon as a new Elite World Boss. Why this World Boss was not in game from start I do not know. It can spawn young Krayt Dragons for ads. Can have one of it's drops Be a Krayt Dragon Pearl that can be used as a Crystal in Weapons.

My thoughts exactly. I fully expected to run into a Krayt Dragon on Tatooine, and was sorely disappointed when I did not. This should have been in the game from the beginning as a World Boss.

I wish people would actually read up on Star Wars lore before asking one of the most fierce "un tameable creatures in the Star Wars universe to be a damn mount. Wasn't that many people as Jedi or Sith, stupid enough 'exception Farfalla" that tried to get a Krayt pearl from the Krayt's Gizzards (he got mauled bad and almost died).

A World boss with a pearl reward "yes" a mount, no!

Edited by Tonev

I wish people would actually read up on Star Wars lore before asking one of the most fierce "un tameable creatures in the Star Wars universe to be a damn mount.

"...The Sand people of Tatooine ... Adolescent males were abandoned in the Tatooine dune and only accepted back into their tribes as adults when they had slain a krayt dragon."

Getting slaughtered left and right by sandpeople teens is hardly fierce or fearsome. Tuskens are not known as particularly tough, particularly strong or particularly cunning fighters.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

"...The Sand people of Tatooine ... Adolescent males were abandoned in the Tatooine dune and only accepted back into their tribes as adults when they had slain a krayt dragon."

Getting slaughtered left and right by sandpeople teens is hardly fierce or fearsome. Tuskens are not known as particularly tough, particularly strong or particularly cunning fighters.

Who says they actually managed ? :p You never come across more than a couple Tuskens at a time so who's to say they ain't still looking for one? :D

As far as lore is concerned. I'd say screw lore since this game has done nothing but already, one more ' minor' :p detail won't make that much difference. But given the reputation of the beast I would suggest to not make it a regular WB or Elite WB one even, but one that spawns at random locations and very long intervals (days if not weeks even).

Downside would be that only the highest geared folks would be able to take him on. An alternative would be to skip the 'forming group for wb' phase and just auto-add anyone into the group daring enough to throw in an attack. Everyone in that group could then get some kind of reward based on dmg done/absorbed and the 16 highest dmg dealers/absorbers (so as the tanks also have a chance) would be eligible to roll for the pearl. (and no need/greed option but auto-roll)

Edited by LeJarC

Who says they actually managed ? :p You never come across more than a couple Tuskens at a time so who's to say they ain't still looking for one? :D

Well Tuskens aren't extinct, are they?

So as far as lore is concerned... The way it's filled with inconsistencies, neither a Krayt Dragon mount would stand out, nor a Krayt world boss.

As far as lore is concerned. I'd say screw lore since this game has done nothing but already...

I'd argue that SWTOR is actually one of the most lore-faithful pieces in SW EU.

Most craziness and inconsistencies comes from other sources.

Of course, prior to mickey mouse's money, Bioware had the right to define lore.

But given the reputation of the beast I would suggest to not make it a regular WB or Elite WB one even, but one that spawns at random locations and very long intervals (days if not weeks even).

See the bit about Sand People. If every male in a culture that are neither force-sensitive nor particularly formidable as warriors can do it, surely a Jedi Knight can, let alone a group thereof.

And you kill one in a fight with Styrak already.

I could see an op with a Krayt Dragon as the final boss. Could make it where the Tuskens have found a way to lure a Krayt Dragon somewhere and make it attack. In this instance it would be Mos Illa for Imp and Anchorhead for pubs.

You find out about the plot and have to fight through tuskens to try and stop them from planting the device that will lure the Krayt to it's target. Once you have fought your way through the Tuskens you find you are to late and they have already planted the device and now you jave to Stop the Krayt Dragon before it reaches the city.

If I had to chose though I would rather see the Krayt Dragon be a World Boss, Best option would be for the above Op and as a World Boss.

I could see an op with a Krayt Dragon as the final boss. Could make it where the Tuskens have found a way to lure a Krayt Dragon somewhere and make it attack. In this instance it would be Mos Illa for Imp and Anchorhead for pubs.

You find out about the plot and have to fight through tuskens to try and stop them from planting the device that will lure the Krayt to it's target. Once you have fought your way through the Tuskens you find you are to late and they have already planted the device and now you jave to Stop the Krayt Dragon before it reaches the city.

If I had to chose though I would rather see the Krayt Dragon be a World Boss, Best option would be for the above Op and as a World Boss.

Agreed, an Operation such as the above or even as a High-End Flashpoint. Either way, whether it is an OP or a FP, having the Krayt Dragon be the Final Boss in it, it would allow for Lesser Krayt's to show up. Cause who wouldn't love to not only take down an Adult/Elder Krayt Dragon but also younger, smaller Krayt Dragons.

Perhaps another way, would be for An Organization (Czerka, Hutt Cartel, [Return of] The Exchange, etc] to somehow capture a Krayt Dragon to do experiments on, so then we wouldn't just face a regular Krayt Dragon but also face an Experimented Krayt Dragon along with other Experimented Creatures. Then, when it seems like we've finished off those Creatures that were experimented on, and are about to kill the Scientist who did the experiments, the ground shakes and we hear a blood curdling scream/howl coming from the giant hole behind the Scientist. As the party backs up, the Scientist laughs as he says that we've failed as his greatest creation is alive, then gets eaten by said Creation. Out comes a Chimera of sorts, an abomination if you will, a spliced creature made up of all of the Creatures that the Scientist had experimented on. This would be the Final Boss.

That's actually a really good idea, and for those people who want some weird loot drop, my thoughts are a newborn krayt dragon pet. We already have rakghouls following us around... why not have a baby krayt dragon follow us too. I promise, my Sith Warrior will feed it, and walk it, and play with it, and encourage him to eat... I mean play nicely with the Jedi....

Ok you guys are getting things majorly mixed up here

There are several breeds of Krayt Dragon the common canyon Krayt Dragon which the Tusken raiders would hunt and would be at most an elite to standard boss

And then there's the Greater Krayt Dragons who eat Sarlacc's :tran_grin: and would probably be elite to raid bosses

I played SWG from start and have fond memories of going on Krayt Dragon hunts, back when you had to have a group to kill them, before NGE hit and then anyone could solo kill them. SWG had several different types of Krayt Dragons. The Canyon Krayt and the Greater Krayt mentioned in the previous post. They also had Juvenile and Ancient Krayts. I feel this should have been the obvious choice for the Tatooine World Boss instead of the Wraid.