ETA on Faction Change and Cost

Superman_AZ

Well, I think avoiding no is because no has turned into yes on many occasions in this game. The game today compared to the game at launch along with the original dev commentary stands in evidence IMO.

Very true, and as pointed out by another, if No, becomes yes, you would have people coming out of the wordwork calling them liars. The same way Yes becomes No, it would incite the same level of frustration from players. So even if it is somewhere in the Yes/No spectrum of maybe, it is a safe answer.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, and as pointed out by another, if No, becomes yes, you would have people coming out of the wordwork calling them liars. The same way Yes becomes No, it would incite the same level of frustration from players. So even if it is somewhere in the Yes/No spectrum of maybe, it is a safe answer.

Yep, exactly this. It is best to be vague when being direct can cost you in the future.

Yep, exactly this. It is best to be vague when being direct can cost you in the future.

Seems to be a popular tactic, and effective when executed correctly. Maybe Blizzard PR should shadow BW PR for a month to see how Excellence in Ambiguousness is executed.

very, very unlikely =/= "no"

If it did, they would have said, "no".

Gurantee you there is something that prevents them from saying no because no one wants to be so definitive and they need to be politically correct (unless your name is James Ohlen) either way it doesn't change the fact that the odds of this happening is 0 to none. This thread should be dropped

Gurantee you there is something that prevents them from saying no because no one wants to be so definitive and they need to be politically correct (unless your name is James Ohlen) either way it doesn't change the fact that the odds of this happening is 0 to none. This thread should be dropped

Yeah, this:

Well, I think avoiding no is because no has turned into yes on many occasions in this game. The game today compared to the game at launch along with the original dev commentary stands in evidence IMO.

They never say no since it is always "possible", but very, very unlikely. As others have said, myself included. They might change their minds a decade from now when there is nothing new to add to the game and the last thing they want to do is have people outright calling them liars for saying "no" back in 2014, and in 2024 introducing the paid faction change for 3500CC.

This thread should be dropped

Some of us are still enjoying discussing the topic. We're not bothering anyone, nor are we demanding Eric change his mind. We're just talking. If the conversation / topic bothers you so much, you are welcome to locate your nearest exit.

The topic doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that they still haven't moved from it and no matter how much we may try to think its possible they pretty much since before launch that they are not going to involve faction changes. So yes continue asking, but it won't change the fact it NEVER gonna happen

then why are you here discussing it?

How, at 55, are you going to address having Consular companions instead of Inquisitor companions. The discussion isn't about light/dark, it's about Empire/Republic. What logic are you going to use to justify all of your companions just jumping ship because you chose to? So now, you're 55, with either no comps, or 1 or 2 depending on your class. The easy example is:

JK would be able to keep Lord Scourge if they went Empire, since it would play into his hands, and the Inquisitor would be able to keep Ashara.

This is a very real issue with this game, along with story lines, and when you do some content, such as Taris, and what that content is, also such as Taris. It's not as simple as switching Light to Dark, and frankly, you have total control of that over the course of the game, based entirely on decisions you make.

half of your companions dont like working for the empire/republic anyway. if whatsername the padawan says"dont make me go against my jedi teachings" one more time ill just kill her outright. as for skadge...ive wanted to kill him since before he was a companion.

half of your companions dont like working for the empire/republic anyway. if whatsername the padawan says"dont make me go against my jedi teachings" one more time ill just kill her outright. as for skadge...ive wanted to kill him since before he was a companion.

And don't forget:

Kira is the daughter of a Sith Lord. Rub her the RIGHT way, and she will go darkside right along with the Jedi.

• 1 year later...

Are we anywhere closer to this? As stated by at least someone in here, I know the class story would be way too much to ask but once you finish it and at level 50, I don't see why this isn't possible since a converted sith would technically be a jedi and converting a BH or Agent should give them the same title as a character that finishes Trooper story as far as I'm concerned. I haven't played through BH or Agent but will soon. I wouldn't mind paying a hefty price to have an Imperial trooper and a converted Sith,

like the dude in the one quest.

I love this game but the lack of an imperial trooper option is kinda lame and conversions are part of the jedi/sith conflict

Edited by Chuckinit

Are we anywhere closer to this? As stated by at least someone in here, I know the class story would be way too much to ask but once you finish it and at level 50, I don't see why this isn't possible since a converted sith would technically be a jedi and converting a BH or Agent should give them the same title as a character that finishes Trooper story as far as I'm concerned. I haven't played through BH or Agent but will soon. I wouldn't mind paying a hefty price to have an Imperial trooper and a converted Sith,

I love this game but the lack of an imperial trooper option is kinda lame and conversions are part of the jedi/sith conflict

The main issue with Faction switching, I think, is the voice over. They'd have to refer to their new allegiance (Even in KOTFE, they still talk about Jedi, Sith, Republic, Empire and the lot quite often) or, if it's a plain class change, switch voice entirely, meaning that your David Hayter-voiced Jedi Knight would become a Sith Warrior by, I think that's his name, Mark Bazeley. So, while the idea of faction switching could be appealing to some, the feasibikity of it all depends on how mechanically complex it is to do.

Kneel to the emperor is probably about the closest thing you are going to get. The Agent is the Empire's trooper. For each faction you have the two force user classes, a military officer, and a the rogue. For the Empire that is Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent, and Bounty Hunter respectively.

The BH is essentially trooper for hire. Mirror class to the trooper, and joins the mandalorians iirc.

If you even bothered to read the response from an Eric on this you wouldn't have even needed to ask your question. People wonder why others get upset or annoyed with posters. Bioware gave an official response, yet people neco the thread with the response, asking for a response and obviously totally ignoring the response that was given.

Q the PVP nerd rage. :mad:

The response was from quite a while ago and as mentioned maybe things had changed with the FE expansion. If nothing else I agree with the Agent, at least switch for PVP and for expansion. Since starting the expansion ends all other story that's the perfect time to do it.

Edited by Chuckinit

• 2 weeks later...
Right?

You know, if you want a diff faction toon that badly at close to end game level, you could always you know, do the Insta 60.... its probably the closest you will ever get to faction/AC change.

I already have 3x 65's on pub side and a 50 and 38 imp side. Maybe I would want to do something ridiculous like, you know, an imp trooper like they even exist, a jedi that fell to the dark, or a pub agent. For some reason I have this crazy idea that those situations may exist in the SW world, not sure where I came up with that idea.

I already have 3x 65's on pub side and a 50 and 38 imp side. Maybe I would want to do something ridiculous like, you know, an imp trooper like they even exist, a jedi that fell to the dark, or a pub agent. For some reason I have this crazy idea that those situations may exist in the SW world, not sure where I came up with that idea.

You can RP whatever you want.