ETA on Faction Change and Cost

Superman_AZ

I don't think anyone is getting it. There is no such thing as no in this game it seems. The history of the game proves this. To think otherwise is wishful at best.

However, to say it is likely to happen is just as wishful. It is very unlikely. I expect Mr Musco meant exactly what he said, nothing more, nothing less.

This isnt a religion guys.

Precisely. Which is why I am not asking him to overturn his decision. I am just taking him at face value and continuing to discuss the topic. Not really hurting anyone.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The devs saying "very, very unlikely" is just them trying to be diplomatic; it's just marketing speech.

The answer is "No". Next question, please.

Never does not exist in MMO.

Remember when they said that red crystals were for the Dark sided?

Now not only everyone can use them but you can even make things like Sith (specie) Jedi....

However unless someone can bring up the proof adding cross faction swap can bring back hundreds of thousand players back. Don't expect it.

Edited by Deewe

Never does not exist in MMO.

Remember when they said that red crystals were for the Dark sided?

Now not only everyone can use them but you can even make things like Sith (specie) Jedi....

However unless someone can bring up the proof adding cross faction swap can bring back hundreds of thousand players back. Don't expect it.

Such a claim by anyone, even BW, would be absurd :)

First you say:

Then you say:

So, the fact that is cannot happen right now = never happen? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes: As for the "end of discussion", since you are not a mod, we'll just continue to discuss the topic without hesitation and reservation. Your opinion would hold more weight if it picked a side of the fence, or at least accurately appealed to both.

End of discussion for the immediate future. Sorry you're having issues understanding that.

So glad they finally answered this for ALL the treads that kept asking for it. 1-55 yes it is a grind but gives learning time and passes time. If you wanted to be a jedi knight roll a knight. Sith warrior roll a warrior. No reason why you need ability to change faction or class when you can lvl an alt pretty fast and legacy send items to that class. And not to mention they said they will be adding legacy bank to store items in.

Actually Eric said: Unlikely for No.2

The times he says: Very Very Unlikely are few times if any more than this time.

So yes this is the closest to NEVER

Edited by ZahirS

So glad they finally answered this for ALL the treads that kept asking for it. 1-55 yes it is a grind but gives learning time and passes time. If you wanted to be a jedi knight roll a knight. Sith warrior roll a warrior. No reason why you need ability to change faction or class when you can lvl an alt pretty fast and legacy send items to that class. And not to mention they said they will be adding legacy bank to store items in.

Again, I don't think this covered class. This is faction change only as far as I understand.

Because of that, it is very unlikely we will ever implement Faction change.

Good to hear. I'd rather see direct sales of level 60 characters - not that I'd like that! - than something as outrageous as faction change.

That said, Advanced Class change wouldn't really break anything.

End of discussion for the immediate future. Sorry you're having issues understanding that.

The only ones who are learning impaired are the ones who can't understand I am ok with the decision as it stands and am simply discussing the topic with other fans. There is no crusade to overturn the decision, or to bend it to something more than it was. He said very, very unlikely, and I left it at that. Anyone who actually READS my posts would understand that.

Sadly, Superman, that's often what a "NO!" becomes after client has consulted with legal counsel.

And when it is stated as a NO, it will become one. As for now, it is very, very unlikely which tells me they would have to run out of other things to put in the game before entertaining this notion. Not sure why so many people are interested in twisting what Eric said into a NO. lol :D

Exactly. It may happen YEARS down the road... or it may not. "Very, very unlikely" leads me to believe this is dead LAST on their list of things to ever consider implementing... and I am ok with that. Eric gave me an answer.

That said, Advanced Class change wouldn't really break anything.

Of course not, it would just allow a Sith Tank / DPS to queue as a Tank, and then just DPS. I'm sure lots of rule breakers would get kicked and not even realize why. Though that will likely not have any impact on queue times or group dynamics. :rolleyes:

This thread is still going? This is a very good sign - it means that there is actually nothing important to complain about!

Carry on speculating.

/thread is over a while ago.

Some people dont get answers not even eventually...

Of course not, it would just allow a Sith Tank / DPS to queue as a Tank, and then just DPS. I'm sure lots of rule breakers would get kicked and not even realize why. Though that will likely not have any impact on queue times or group dynamics. :rolleyes:
What... does that have to do with AC change? Juggernauts and all other hybrid ACs do that already.

Also is this thread even about anything any more? It's like 25% arguing about AC changes, 50% arguing what "not likely" means down to legal levels of details, and 25% just people angry at each other for reasons I don't really get.

:confused:

/thread is over a while ago.

Some people dont get answers not even eventually...

Oh the irony.

The answer is some of us are just chatting. If it bothers you that much, find another thread. No one is asking for it to be overturned, or implemented, or party to unrealistic expectations. Some of us are just talking... nothing more.

What... does that have to do with AC change? Juggernauts and all other hybrid ACs do that already.

Also is this thread even about anything any more? It's like 25% arguing about AC changes, 50% arguing what "not likely" means down to legal levels of details, and 25% just people angry at each other for reasons I don't really get.

:confused:

I'm confused too. I got my answer and now I am just chatting calmly amongst friends about the topic. Some people are just upset that the thread is not dead and buried since we got our answer. Getting an answer doesn't mean we aren't still allowed to discuss the topic. Otherwise, every Yello B you see would come with a thread lock. If certain people would just go off and get a life, those of us who simply want to chit chat about the topic can go about our conversation.

This thread is still going? This is a very good sign - it means that there is actually nothing important to complain about!

Carry on speculating.

Exactly. Some of us are just chatting about the topic. Certain upstarts seem upset the thread is not dead. Maybe if they went back to their AC swap thread, those of us who wish to chat in peace could do so.

Exactly. Some of us are just chatting about the topic. Certain upstarts seem upset the thread is not dead. Maybe if they went back to their AC swap thread, those of us who wish to chat in peace could do so.

Offtopic, please close this thread mods.

Edited by ZahirS

So, noise makers aside, I think it would be interesting to see how they could implement this type of feature 10 years from now. If it were completely impossible, we might have gotten a "no", but, with a " very, very unlikely" comment, it makes me wonder about the potential method to use in order to make it happen.

Well, since some folks are still interested in chatting about the idea and how it could be implemented, I have some ideas. I may have already mentioned this, but I think if this ever were to be considered as a game addition it should come at, say, level 50. Your finished with your class story, so that is the right time.

I wonder if the game could handle you moving on to opposite faction missions on Makeb, CZ, Ori and the like. Also, you have done none of the opposite faction leveling quests....do they show up when you visit the planets?

Quite a few interesting things to think about.

Well, since some folks are still interested in chatting about the idea and how it could be implemented, I have some ideas. I may have already mentioned this, but I think if this ever were to be considered as a game addition it should come at, say, level 50. Your finished with your class story, so that is the right time.

I wonder if the game could handle you moving on to opposite faction missions on Makeb, CZ, Ori and the like. Also, you have done none of the opposite faction leveling quests....do they show up when you visit the planets?

Quite a few interesting things to think about.

I would take it one step further and make it a level cap thing. LvL 55/60 (whatever the cap is at that time) and have new cut-scenes treat your class and companion as though they were the counterpart in the game. So something that may have been a Bounty Hunter scene would be generically treated like a Trooper scene for the "defector".

Personally, I would love to see a long and epic defector's quest chain rather than the click of a button. It would make the entire experience feel more realistic. The Jedi who betrays the republic. The Bounty Hunter who turns coat to work for the Republic, who is now giving them asylum after killing a high level Imp target. The possibilities are endless, but the funds and resources to make them happen would have more limitations than most of us realize.

It would be a LARGE undertaking, and would likely be 4.0 or 5.0 before we ever see a defector's quest.

Seriously.... no game producer will never say "no" not ever. It does not keep players involved or innovate. At the same time if they give a defined answer the forums would be like the sky is falling. I like to point out some of player would like obi wans style EXACTLY how it looked in ep 1-3 I am one of them. They did not say no but said they would not copy and paste.,,,,,, We are still asking for the exact copy and paste lol.