What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

Not quite sure if you are serious...:o

If you are, then maybe read the thread I linked in my previous post. FYI, you can one shot most mobs in dailies areas with PvP gear. How much more gear do you need(/grindsindexfingerstogether)?

That's not his complaint (he probably meant PvE gear). Yes PvP gear is adequate to do PvE dailies, but we don't want to do them.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not his complaint (he probably meant PvE gear). Yes PvP gear is adequate to do PvE dailies, but we don't want to do them.

Besides ranked not being exactly the proper place to farm gear, you can make/save plenty of credits without leaving fleet. Last I knew, your companions don't enter ranked WZs with you, and that doesn't address how it further marginalizes crafting, and encourages undergeared players from queing. There is really no excuse for not being fully augged at cap, even as a "PvP only" player.

My thoughts,

I agree with others, those I'm too lazy to go back to quote, in the fact that things like mounts (and other stuff that can't be used in a warzone), should be introduced at the low tiers, as an incentive to PVP, but still add cooler ones to the higher tiers, in addition to the crystals, weapons, ect... Also, like others have said, the armor should have pre-installed MK-9 aug slots for the ones who live and breathe PVP (and don't make millions on a regular basis).

Those who "live and breathe" pvp still make credits from finishing the matches, have pvp consumables for pvp currency and dont have armour repair costs as the pve players do. Also given that there is nothing like a constant queue pop you could simply wait in the lvl 50 daily areas and make money to your hearts content.

PvPers do pvp dailies, PvErs do pve dailies. PvE dailies reward massively higher amounts of credits. Shoo?

Someone doesn't agree with me. Shoo!

No. I consider myself a "PvEer" (even though I do also PvP) and I can tell you that I do not just run dailies all day for fun. Your point is stupid. I swear PvPers are always complaining about something and expecting everything to be handed to them for free.

Edited by Icebergy

Because we don't have 5 daily planets that are made astoundingly easy by our PVP gear.

We also don't get about 20k credits per trash pull.

Our income of credits is pathetic.

If you think dailies are hard even in your PvP gear, it is not the credit income that is pathetic.

Also progression raiders lose money on repair bills during progression. What do you lose money on when you PvP? Oh right, nothing. You don't even have to reaugment your gear when you get new gear since you can just use custom gear.

A good idea for a top reward would also be the allowance for those who get it to have customization.

Just to give Season One as as an example imagine if you could have the Rancor in white color or some other crazy color no one else has.

BW should think about this.

Interesting idea. We will discuss this.
How about you just greatly reduce the ridiculously high prices for adding augment kits, extracting mods and equipment repairs (at least for subscribers) so we can start playing the fun parts of the game instead of having to spend most time farming credits (unless you wish to encourage buying credits from a credit seller...)?

If PVP gear gets included slots, RP gear should as well, as there is 0 credit rewards for Roleplay as PVPers at least get some credits.

Edited by Glzmo

Also, like others have said, the armor should have pre-installed MK-9 aug slots for the ones who live and breathe PVP (and don't make millions on a regular basis).

In my opinion, this would further create a "dividing wall" between POvE and PvP players. Both are already now kind of ghettos, not much interacting with one another - and PvP players even calling PvE players "bads" in general, in an lawnmower move (as if there wouldn't exist good PvE players who are good in PvP as well).

I don't like to become both parts of SWTOR (PvP & PvE) to become ghettos, or the equivalent of Ireland / North Ireland - West Germany / East Germany - North Korea / South Korea ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

A competition among the top teams of 4v4 ranked (4/8/16/32/64 bracket) at the end of the season on the PTS so we can settle the server dispute once and for all, preferably streamed online via twitch.tv for a cash prize of cartel coins. Essentially the Suberbowl for SWTOR pvp.

Additionally, add guild rating. This could be accomplished by averaging the top 4 member's rating in grouped 4v4 or developing a new algorithm to determine guild rating. At the current state of the game, guilds are meaningless in PvP with the small amount of people required to do ranked. This incentives guilds to do ranked and allows new players an idea of which guilds do ranked.

Guild quests (could also be achieved through achievements). If your guild does 100 ranked matches in a month, they receive x.

Edited by ManiacDavis

Big Star Wars fan and played swg prior to this. I always loved how they had so much stuff from the movies. Mounts, gear, weapons, decorative items, etc. would be nice to maybe see some of it. That, or maybe reusable pvp adrenals and medpacs would be nice

Big Star Wars fan and played swg prior to this. I always loved how they had so much stuff from the movies. Mounts, gear, weapons, decorative items, etc. would be nice to maybe see some of it. That, or maybe reusable pvp adrenals and medpacs would be nice

haha rilok, pvp adrenals and medpacs... love it.

<3 from Ciwaf

Is there a possibility that the different tier rewards give a certain amount of item that can be exchanged at a Ranked PvP vendor with a variety of PvP rewards with the possibility to having some old armor sets.

Example:

Lowest Tier: 100 Seasonal PvP Tokens

Middle Tier: 500 Seasonal PvP Tokens

Highest Tier: 1000 Seasonal PvP Tokens

Rewards Vendor:

-Examples:

Old PvP Sets including weapons (Centurion, Firebrand, etc.); Token Cost: 500 Tokens

PvP related Companion Customizations; 50 Tokens

NPC Aid Spawner (Usable only in certain areas); 300 Tokens

Baron Deathmark's Megaphone (shouts something like "Lets go Berserk!"); 300 Tokens

Jet-pack emote (You fly around your current position for a few seconds showing off your jet-pack skills); 50 Tokens

Some PvP related/unique armor sets for each class; 800 Tokens

Force Choke emote (spawns a Jawa that you proceed to choke using the force for his failure); 200 Tokens

Carbonite Freezing Chamber emote/toy (Spawns a carbon freezing pit in front of you where you proceed to kick a Jawa into the pit and he/she reemerges in the form of a mini Carbonite Slab); 50 Tokens

Sarlacc Sacrifice (You proceed to pass/throw the Hutt ball towards your Jawa teammate, and a Sand creature suddenly emerges from the ground consuming the Jawa); 50 Tokens

I think this idea is unlikely to get anywhere but nevertheless I wanted to suggested it. I also noticed I'm kind of bullying on the Jawas, Poor little Jawas.

For this coming season 2 the top tier (top 3 of each adv class) rewards should be:

- the titie "Arena Champion"

- the speeder that is used on nar shaddar to travel between speeder points, with 10% higher speed than all other mounts in the game and the ability to have a passenger.

- a bunch of cartel coins (debatable what a bunch is but it should go into the many thousands)

What I would like to see in FUTURE seasons is this (for team ranked only though):

- a dedicated pvp tournament server that runs all the ranked matches and is accessible to both US and EU players and requires a certain amount of money to register for (similar to wow tourny servers).

- a season ending with a play-off system that is streamed and moderated by EA/Bioware

- real value prizes (computer hardware or money)

A competition among the top teams of 4v4 ranked (4/8/16/32/64 bracket) at the end of the season on the PTS so we can settle the server dispute once and for all, preferably streamed online via twitch.tv for a cash prize of cartel coins. Essentially the Suberbowl for SWTOR pvp.

Additionally, add guild rating. This could be accomplished by averaging the top 4 member's rating in grouped 4v4 or developing a new algorithm to determine guild rating. At the current state of the game, guilds are meaningless in PvP with the small amount of people required to do ranked. This incentives guilds to do ranked and allows new players an idea of which guilds do ranked.

Guild quests (could also be achieved through achievements). If your guild does 100 ranked matches in a month, they receive x.

all of these things!

Also, if people don't like the "mk-9 aug slots in reward gear" idea for economy / crafting reasons, give the top winners an appropriate credit reward so they can buy and install mk-9s on the new gear.

I can agree with most everyone that top tier should be a mout of some sort. In my opinion mount wise I would like to see one of the following: acklay, reek, wampa, nexu. I can't think of any others at this time but I believe for the top tier it needs to be unique, it needs to be big and it needs to be eye catching because it is true not everyone gets it.

As for middle tier I liked what someone else posted about the banner and statue. Maybe make some kind of reusable item where it deploys a holo statue of yourself waving with confetti being blown around as if you were in a parade but also double it as a skill trainer for a use.

For low tier maybe a pet of some sort. Miniature of the mount given to top tiers possibly?

Of course include some other little goodies with the rewards, I know some people said dyes and some other things, maybe tossone or two small gesture items with them all. As for the top adv class items? They should have a more unique mount, to what? I honestly don't know but it needs to be the most eye catching because that is over very hard to be top 96 in the world IMO. As well make a holostatue of each hero in their respective factions fleet on all servers to show their prowess (as time goes maybe make a heroes hall or something) just some of my ideas personally that would be cool. Open to criticism and suggestions thanks

I love the unique mounts for top tiers.

Top Tier: Let PvPers get a Republic/Empire tank of some kind, and it would be awesome if it had a firing animation (that of course, did nothing. Unless you want to make it knock down weak and standard mobs, just for fun.)

Middle tier: Unique armor that comes with MK-9 augment slots. This armor is bound to legacy, and every character can unlock it at level 55. That'll save a PvPer tons of money, especially on other characters.

Low tier: Unique pet, unique title. Bonus amount of ranked coms for the new season.

I'd also think it would be awesome if the top player on each server would get to name a weapon that would exist on their server. It'd be even cooler if the item was a world drop, and anyone could loot it. Think of how awesome it would be for a player to know that "Dulfy's Knowledge-bringer Lightsaber" can drop in the world?

For starters, I think giving the top 3 players of each category and class special awards is a bad idea. Heres why:

Players are being called the "best" of each class most likely have not played against each other, ever, this is especially true for those on separate servers. For example PlayerA on ServerX is being compared to PlayerB on ServerZ. How can these rewards be given out to these "3 best players of each class" if they have not played against each other? Having these "shared" awards will only be a good idea if there was cross server queues. For now, since we do not have it yet, should be the top 3 of each server. Although I understand this may pose the problem of players transferring to another server just so they are on the top of the ladder at the end of the season. But still, this is such a better idea then combined. (Perhaps a rating reset when a character is transferred?)

As for rewards for the top players of each category:

I like the idea of having a reusable Warzone Medpac and Adrenal. (Props to the person who suggested this earlier.)

Black-White Expertise Color Crystal.

The arena rating requirement for awards should be increased and please take away the tacky S1/S2 in the titles.

Low Tier: 1400 rating.

- Title

- Pet

- Unique armor set (maybe bring back the Battlemaster gear with *unique* colors.)

Middle: 1600 rating.

- Title

- Pet

- Unique armor set

- Weapon

Top: 1800 rating.

- Title

- Pet

- Unique armor set

- Weapon

- Unique mount

For starters, I think giving the top 3 players of each category and class special awards is a bad idea. Heres why:

Players are being called the "best" of each class most likely have not played against each other, ever, this is especially true for those on separate servers. For example PlayerA on ServerX is being compared to PlayerB on ServerZ. How can these rewards be given out to these "3 best players of each class" if they have not played against each other? Having these "shared" awards will only be a good idea if there was cross server queues. For now, since we do not have it yet, should be the top 3 of each server. Although I understand this may pose the problem of players transferring to another server just so they are on the top of the ladder at the end of the season. But still, this is such a better idea then combined. (Perhaps a rating reset when a character is transferred?)

I made a post to this effect on the season 2 thread a little while ago. Hopefully they listen and make the "top" rewards per server.

Any idea when they will release these rewards to us? Cause I need to know if I am going to keep building my snipers rating up or work on other toons. Anyways for a top tier reward I would either like a weapon or a mount and no beast mounts for merc and sniper since that would be kinda lame considering it wouldn't really match the class. I like that we had rancors last time for the 1500 tier so maybe keep beast mounts for the higher rating rewards. Also if a weapon is the reward give gunslingers and mercs 2 weapons or allow them to make a copy of said weapon. I have been thinking about working on my mercs rating and that has been in my mind. Like best pistol ever but they only give you one, that is what nightmares are about. Anyways I would also like to see a rating tier higher than 1500 since I don't really have a reason to get on my sniper now since I don't wanna risk his rating and getting more would just be a waste.

I want a wookie mount. I ride on his shoulders while eating popcorn.

Recharge Item: You bend down and pump up your shoes like the old Reebok Pumps

Head Slot similar to Rascal's Toothpick: Fake hillbilly teeth (adaptable, of course)

Mount: Mini tricycle and Top Hat

Mount: The old fashion bicycle with the huge wheel in front and small wheel in back. Faction specific versions.