A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid

Good to hear.

I hope you guys plan on implementing more story into the flashpoints though.

After Black Talon, it seems all I've found so far is generic slice through everyone and make your way to the end dungeon WOW style of big instances.

Esseless and Black Talon made a promise the rest of the big group content isn't really delivering on so far.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Why are you releasing new content when the existing content is broken?

Is isn't broken. Republic gets Huttball 1/3 times, Empire gets it 9/10 because Huttball can queue Empire vs Empire, and Empire outnumbers Republic 3:1 on a lot of servers.

You want to choose queue? Prepare to wait in hour long queues. If there are 10 Republic and 30 Empire, even if all 10 Republic members queue thats 20 Empire who wouldn't have anyone to queue against. However they could have a 10 v 10 vs themselves.

This is exactly what happens with Huttball, and its why it is there.

They only way to fix this issue is to fix faction imbalance, the only ways to do this are for players to re-roll or for them to do faction based queueing.

What I mean is split the server population for factions...if your server can hold 4k people, than make it only hold 2k of each faction. That way you'll get more Republic in before servers fill up because they won't be waiting in a queue.

Any which way you look at it, rolling the overpopulated faction sucks, I was one who decided just to re-roll, now I get instant queues, win 80% of my pug matches (Empire ended up sucking on my server) and get even distribution of Warzones.

This. Why are you releasing new content when the existing content is broken?

a few posts above explain that BW have both a new development and content team working on content and a team dedicated to bug fixes and other issues.

two separate teams that allow them to solve problems and make content.

The bug fixes are coming quickly. I'd also keep an eye on the constructive player made fixes and work arounds in the customer service forum to aid you in finding out if the issue could be something you can fix your end (I did this with a login unavailable issue that players found a fix for).

that said, if you or friends have a serious issue, try to keep a cool head, screenshots, and logs of problems are a big help in fixing the problem so don't stop posting, just give as much info on the problem as possible.

BW are doing a good job at bringing out fixes quickly and stealthily rather in one big go. with regards to UI customisation, it is something i'd love to see soon and i expect BW have listened and are already working on a good set of options.

TL;DR

BW is big and can multi-task, if you need a problem fixed give as much info as possible to BW, they can't fix things based on obscure rants and info. UI customisation will come and most likely soon.

GJ BW - gratz on the number of subs so far. won't be long before you ding!

Awesome! This early!

Also, for everyone complaining about bugs, you think they have 10 people on the team? Its nog like its the same people doing bugfixing and new material. Everything is divided into smaller teams! (example: bugfixing might be a team with 10% of the swtor crew in it)

I believe a lot of people on this chat room need to calm down. I am a good old fashioned RPGer and I am not to worried about vast amounts of new content as I am not rushing around to get this current content done. After all guys and girls we are hoping this will be around for a while.

While new content is important, it is more important (in my view - feel free to differ) to get the stuff they are doing currently correct. So far it does look on the whole that stuff is correct and remember the official release is less that a week old so it might take them some time to get some glitches fixed even from the beta testing.

I Like fluff and funky stuff so the more the better. I also have to admit I have not done any of the instances yet and I am struggling to find time to do it over christmas. Rest assured with what I have played so far I am very impressed with and see why they want to do taxi rides as they have done so you can see all the amazing scenery.

To all you PVPers out there this is an mmoRPG and my experiences with RPG means you do not butcher other PCs, but I must admit normally PCs are on the same side. I understand that you guys and girls are keen to slaughter each other in new and interesting ways and in new and interesting enviroments, but remember PVP is bit limited and if you want to arbitarily kill each other for fun there other games that are far more suited to that kind of thing. Saying that I will have to give it a go just to see how it is.

I like the idea of open piloting, I am hoping tie fighter style eventually (I loved that game) and also having EVE style engagements between sith and empire fleets could be a whole lot of fun too.

More planets is good and so is more races.

I was wondering whether it will be possible eventually to build up a rapport with the enemy (perhaps become a spy for them). I always liked the idea of a character (like revan) who walks the line between light and dark.

All in all I think the Bioware boys and girls have done very well and all I can hope is that they keep it up.

Good to hear.

I hope you guys plan on implementing more story into the flashpoints though.

After Black Talon, it seems all I've found so far is generic slice through everyone and make your way to the end dungeon WOW style of big instances.

Esseless and Black Talon made a promise the rest of the big group content isn't really delivering on so far.

I'll tell you what i'd like to see:

if possible i'd like a flashpoint whereby the party is split at the start, and either have to jail break the other members or the group gets halved and 2 teams of 2 have to work in tandem to meet up further along.

not saying the whole flashpoint should be like this but a section at the beginning. Maybe have characters scripted to meet other characters as old friends ( ala solo and lando calrissian).

OOH that would be cool. imagine being tricked into a trap by one of your party only for them to come rescue you just after the cut scene that sees you locked in a cell.

the following flashpoint could then have multiple paths depending on light side and darkside to escape your captors and erase any bounty they have on you from the ships systems...

I have now decided i would like a suggestion forum. Anyone else have any thoughts on possible story based flashpoints. (reckon they'd be easier to manoeuvre players around with cut scenes).

Awesome. It's nice that new content is being released so early.

I'm wondering if future flashpoints/operations will have voicework/cinematics like black talon. I love the cinematic approach to the instances, though I understand that more work would be required.

Edited by Morosi

Not yet, but it's being worked on. Stay tuned!

Great.

Is there an ETA of when we might learn what sorts of things it will involve. I read in an interview elsewhere that it would be gear and abilities, is this the case or a what could be?

Orginially it was talk that it would be new character options, can I dream one day of playing a Trandoshian or a Gran Sith Inquisitor (Gran was an apprentice option in the main story so I know the model is in!). Now I appreciate for the first play through it makes most sense as a human or human like creature. But having seen a pure blood sith inquisitor insulted all over the place and my lightside Sith Warrior go on and on about the power of the darkside. What has been done has been amazing there will be lines that may make less sence some points are easily ignored a Gran being treated like a slave over a pure blood seems a very minor point to not allowing all the wonderful races in.

I know its a lot to ask but it will effect how myself and no doubt others will opt to play through the classes. If the Legacy will allow me to create the Son of Skywalker then I will hold off on my Jedi play through. If on the other hand it makes me the father of Skywalker then I'll keep my Sith Warrior ticking over till its implamented and fire up a jedi or whatever next for the play through. Really don't want to create a new character play him through and then find the legacy system offers something new at character creation and the only options for this are to repeat content again.

How about letting us choose the warzone we want instead of having to play hutt ball 9/10 games.

Why do you go out of your way to prevent world pvp.

WHATS THE POINT OF NEW/MORE WARZONES IF WE CANT PLAY ANYTHING BUT HUTTBALL ANYWAY?

Because the majority of kids decided to play Empire, don't blame Bioware for this. 90% of servers are Empire heavy. Since Huttball is the only WZ that will let same faction PVP, it is the only one you will queue into without massive wait times. Get it?

Or try rolling Republic, you will get instant queues, the other two warzones to play, and much better and mature community. :)

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

You know Blizzard has bugs/memory leaks etc that have not been fixed since the game released in 04. But I do agree, fixing the game should and I will bet, comes first for Bioware.

Look at this as a way to sate the hunger of players concerned of lack of content due to the V/O in this game. If BW can bring in regular updates, not as fast as Rift but faster then WoW, the community will blossom into a beautiful blaster with little lightsaber petals glowing in a sea of fantasy MMO's.

Because the majority of kids decided to play Empire, don't blame Bioware for this. 90% of servers are Empire heavy. Since Huttball is the only WZ that will let same faction PVP, it is the only one you will queue into without massive wait times. Get it?

Or try rolling Republic, you will get instant queues, the other two warzones to play, and much better and mature community. :)

I agree to the instant ques but the jury is not yet in on who is the better/mature community :)

Nice that they are adding only PvE content. Oh wait it isn't nice at all. I would much rather they fix the bugs and add the features they promised rather than introduce new PvE content. I know PvE is probably where most of the population is at but no mention of PvP at all even in terms of fixing bugs or putting in better rewards/queue system.

So far it seems like only PvE players will have a reason to continue playing the game after the initial free month is up.

tbh I think there's enough content, and its good to know there's more coming.

I think the main focus needs to be on adding more game systems/ui/bug fixes.

I know the patch will have these but going more indepth on stuff like that would put some people at ease.

Nice that they are adding only PvE content. Oh wait it isn't nice at all. I would much rather they fix the bugs and add the features they promised rather than introduce new PvE content. I know PvE is probably where most of the population is at but no mention of PvP at all even in terms of fixing bugs or putting in better rewards/queue system.

So far it seems like only PvE players will have a reason to continue playing the game after the initial free month is up.

if you were a rational poster and would have read the previous comments you would have noticed the dev reply saying there is a team for both fixing bugs and adding new content so please stop repeating the same thing just about everyone else has just said

The new Flashpoint involves a plague that could have significant repercussions across the galaxy. It takes place on a brand new world and involves some pretty epic battles.

Why am I the first person to comment about this?

New world as in PLAYABLE world? Or just the flashpoint is there?

Fantastic! It is great to see that bio-ware is really stepping up to the plate in trying to implement new and exciting features to the game. I do hope though that when you decide to revamp the space combat that you will do it like the Lucasarts classics X-wing, Tie Fighter, X-wing alliance and shun away from that crappy mmo swg version of space combat.

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

Stop comparing SWTOR to WoW...seriously.....WoW was bugged like crap, massive server downtime's etc....and almost 75 % of their content was bugged...

Go back to lala land please and let BW work on fixing and improving...the teams for new content are separate to the bug fix teams...

kthanks bye

This is ridiculous, they give you new content and you still QQ about it. there are many teams working on th game. Bugs are concern of another team. Some ppl are just spoiled, confused and utterly impatient. At least start QQ about full patchnote release, not about this btw. AWESOME anouncement.

and Taris leak has been already fixed with many other bugs. They bugfix every other day

Edited by Drom

this might sound harsh but...

From what I feel so far about the game and the immediacy of the direction that I see so far is a road to failure in 1 year. At the very minimum you can expect most PvP servers to be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced in player quantity and length of game time spent playing, meaning no long-term PvP vested interests. That's great, it sounds like were gonna see some more great filler content as expansions. That will really bring in the subs, I mean the minority solo rpg'er.

More flashpoints are you guys serious? I'm sorry but I see that cyborg-spider-thing (which looks pretty much the same but differnt color and slightly different that the Coruscant mini World Bass. That could be very cool if it was like a scripted NPC or something like PvP related but do we really need to keep up the routine with Flashpoints? In my opinion Flashpoints aren't worth my time except to 'watch' one or too times and that is really it. I would have absolutely no interest what-so-ever in replaying that kind of content more than once or twice.

Perhaps you guys need to see what happens in terms of realistic feedback from your players. Perhaps you need to listen to the threads demanding Planet PvP. Perhaps you need to listen to the players demanding more living and breathing Planets with more interactable and larger social areas. Perhaps not, who knows, we will see what the real population majority wants. We will see if that really matters to the maker of Bioware-EA MMORRG.

(currently 39 pve servers full and 38 PvP servers full)

/cheers

Edited by WLpride