Dread Fortress (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

Dem thumbs down votes doe. Good luck to everyone on their title attempts this week, may RNJesus smile upon you all and grant you his favor. Or just run through and oneshot everything :p.
Sure, you who thinks exploiting is okay, would probably downvote this on reddit. But thats what I wanted - opinions about someone doing this, because I think it's very wrong. Not going after getting DnT banned from progression (heck, I even think it was wrong to ban them from TFB charts, skip was fine imo), or anything like that.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, you who thinks exploiting is okay, would probably downvote this on reddit. But thats what I wanted - opinions about someone doing this, because I think it's very wrong. Not going after getting DnT banned from progression (heck, I even think it was wrong to ban them from TFB charts, skip was fine imo), or anything like that.

I don't reddit.

Remember when your last post said you weren't going to keep this flamewar going and then you kept it going?

Just wondering whether people think its also exploiting to run the operation on alts to gear fast then send via legacy. If I remember rightly BW said that legacy gear was an unintended side-effect but one they wouldn't 'consider an exploit'. Still unintended though.

This is why I personally only care about those who did it first (those in first week aren't too bad either :p) without the need for a week + extra gear and tactics from videos released.

I would also say to the guilds complaining be careful not to buy glass guild ships.

You never know (or perhaps you do ;) ) whether members in your guild have also exploited the first boss in this way.

Just saying..

Just wondering whether people think its also exploiting to run the operation on alts to gear fast then send via legacy. If I remember rightly BW said that legacy gear was an unintended side-effect but one they wouldn't 'consider an exploit'. Still unintended though.

This is why I personally only care about those who did it first (those in first week aren't too bad either :p) without the need for a week + extra gear and tactics from videos released.

I would also say to the guilds complaining be careful not to buy glass guild ships.

You never know (or perhaps you do ;) ) whether members in your guild have also exploited the first boss in this way.

Just saying..

Thing with legacy pieces is it generally requires a full raid (8 or 16) and not 2-4 people killing a 16M NM boss by LoS. guess 16 nefra after first few weeks only required 10.

" Added collision to certain fences in the Dread Fortress so player cannot get to unintended areas of the map. " Was for the intended bug I assume.

Thing with legacy pieces is it generally requires a full raid (8 or 16) and not 2-4 people killing a 16M NM boss by LoS. guess 16 nefra after first few weeks only required 10.

" Added collision to certain fences in the Dread Fortress so player cannot get to unintended areas of the map. " Was for the intended bug I assume.

Idk if you have to farm bosses in order to kill a progression boss that has already been killed by others with lesser gear it feels a little cheap. Fair enough if you can't do it without the boost from gear np but thats not a 'Progression kill' for me. I'm not suggesting a 'gear check' on the achievements or anything like that just do those that farmed the gear really feel their kill is as valid when compared to the others who downed it 1-3 on the list.

Do you even understand the difference between "smart exploiting" and "just exploiting"? The difference is huge. Smart use of mechanics has to do with a small advantage you gain in dps or healing, but clearing a boss in 16 man with 3-4 players is a whole other story.

P.S. For future posts please if people are going to make excuses for them selvs at least don't say stupid **** like since bioware didn't correct the issue we thought it's fine to go with it.

It's exploiting. What they did is the definition of exploiting. "Being smart" is just a pretty way of saying that.

Sry, should have made it more obvious what I meant to say. I was referring to the reaction D&T gave in the past. Their defense was that they were outsmarting the others by using HM lockouts.

I was being 100% sarcastic about it.

Its a distastefull, low move from guild which should now better.

FYI: Key to the sarcasme was this sentence in my post:

You can't blame D&T for playing the 'smart' one again.

I think my post makes more sense now ;-)

PS: I hope bioware will fix this one soon. I don't intent to use it since I rather get gear based on what I deserve.