Dread Fortress (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of Biowares Rules:

Bug Exploitation

There may be times when the game has a bug in it that, if exploited, can give an unfair advantage to a player. At BioWare we do our best to make a game that has as few of these bugs as possible, however due to the constantly evolving nature of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, these may crop up at times. Please refrain from taking advantage of any mechanic in the game that gives an ‘edge’ or unfair benefit in any way as this can result in temporary or permanent account suspension.

I fail to see how this rule applies to D&T.

Edited by oldaquarian

Repeatedly exploiting bugs on an operation boss, to give oneself a gearing advantage, for the other operation bosses (and then claiming kills on them), is pretty much hitting the nail on the head of these rules.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

No no, its not cheating. Its making smart use of the mechanics implemented by bioware ;)

You can't blame D&T for playing the 'smart' one again.

PS: Yes i know most likely more people beside D&T are doing this but hey ... like the saying goes 'The bigger they are, the harder they fall'

EDIT:

Isnt the droprate 100% on the DM implants? why the rush? Because you'll want to be decked out before the DP NiM race?

Edited by fire-breath

This is something the English Language calls sarcasm.

My point was it took them 20 implants, 100+ hours, NMP (although by the time they got it, it wore off already, no suprise) and 3 weeks to down Brontes despite being the first ones to get there.

Yes it is against the ToS but seriously let someone who is actually disadvantaged complain.

They have world 1st on the 4 st bosses right? I assume because they were the 1st ones who could assemble their team.

In this line of content, the last one is the only one that mattered clearly. However, I do agree the log-in boss always gives any group I'm in lots more troubles than any other

No no, its not cheating. Its making smart use of the mechanics implemented by bioware ;)

PS: Yes i know most likely more people beside D&T are doing this but hey ... like the saying goes 'The bigger they are, the harder they fall'

It's exploiting. What they did is the definition of exploiting. "Being smart" is just a pretty way of saying that.

Do you even understand the difference between "smart exploiting" and "just exploiting"? The difference is huge. Smart use of mechanics has to do with a small advantage you gain in dps or healing, but clearing a boss in 16 man with 3-4 players is a whole other story.

P.S. For future posts please if people are going to make excuses for them selvs at least don't say stupid **** like since bioware didn't correct the issue we thought it's fine to go with it.

Do you even understand the difference between "smart exploiting" and "just exploiting"? The difference is huge. Smart use of mechanics has to do with a small advantage you gain in dps or healing, but clearing a boss in 16 man with 3-4 players is a whole other story.

P.S. For future posts please if people are going to make excuses for them selvs at least don't say stupid **** like since bioware didn't correct the issue we thought it's fine to go with it.

Maybe if you kill him enough times with 3 or 4 people the secret boss spawns.

I don't see how farming implants is a matter of discussion. It won't help anyone get the title, it won't help anyone get a clearly delineated advantage for NiM DP because it's not like farming Nefra in either difficulty mode is hard. It's not different than when we tested 16man's enrage timer, started 8man pulling 16man HM Nefra and were still beating enrage/heal checks during Week 2, no one *****ed about that and pretty much everyone jumped on that bandwagon. I personally would like to slow down the raiding pace as bikini season begins because lawlboobies, more power to anyone who found a way to gear faster.

tl;dr - who cares, if it's not getting them ranked kills it's irrelevant.

I don't see how farming implants is a matter of discussion. It won't help anyone get the title, it won't help anyone get a clearly delineated advantage for NiM DP because it's not like farming Nefra in either difficulty mode is hard. It's not different than when we tested 16man's enrage timer, started 8man pulling 16man HM Nefra and were still beating enrage/heal checks during Week 2, no one *****ed about that and pretty much everyone jumped on that bandwagon. I personally would like to slow down the raiding pace as bikini season begins because lawlboobies, more power to anyone who found a way to gear faster.

There is a difference between gearing faster and locking the boss in 1 place and killing him with 3 people ^o^

There is no discussion because its cheating. Whether you personally care if people cheat is your own personal opinion. I also dont give a **** that they had to cheat to kill brontes, but saying its no different than short manning a boss the correct way is just plain stupid.

There is a difference between gearing faster and locking the boss in 1 place and killing him with 3 people ^o^

Again, if it doesn't involve ranked progression, what difference does it make? Title is the only thing left to claim, 1 extra implant per character isn't going to get you that title. All of our DPS already have double implants as well, we're not cheesing Nefra but it's not hard to farm. If there's an easier way to do it and it doesn't mess with progression, I fail to see the problem.

Again, if it doesn't involve ranked progression, what difference does it make? Title is the only thing left to claim, 1 extra implant per character isn't going to get you that title. All of our DPS already have double implants as well, we're not cheesing Nefra but it's not hard to farm. If there's an easier way to do it and it doesn't mess with progression, I fail to see the problem.

If it doesn't make a difference why do it? Your logic is fail.

If it doesn't make a difference why do it? Your logic is fail.

Because that way you can gear out as many characters for as many comps in NiM DP as one could imagine. Durp. Whatever main toons are getting taken in there will be fully geared anyways, alts as well. I would be all about getting a couple weeks off to get some sun on my pasty *** skin and stare at bewbs on the beach, but we don't know how to cheese it and aren't going to look it up because we'll have our stuff done regardless. QQ less, title moar.

Edited by countpopeula

Let's not let this go off-topic. This wasn't ment to start an attack on DnT, but seeing reactions that someone that participates in this progression thread, exploits to get more gear to get an advantage in the progression. Who did it irrelevant, if you got 1st or 99th on a boss is irrelevant, nor has it anything to do with butthurt. Nobodys trying to take away your 1st on first four bosses. The point is that it's unsportsmanlike and unfair towards everyone else.

I find it a bit funny though, how you make up that I've been threatening you with some reddit stuff (??). But this is off-topic, so I'll leave it at that.

I find it a bit funny though, how you make up that I've been threatening you with some reddit stuff (??). But this is off-topic, so I'll leave it at that.

Dem thumbs down votes doe. Good luck to everyone on their title attempts this week, may RNJesus smile upon you all and grant you his favor. Or just run through and oneshot everything :p.