If you've already "unsubbed"

Aristore

some real valuable feedback in this post. right tux?

thanks for being an example of what is was talking about.

He's more than justified to be like that, and at least he's not going like "OMG BIOFAILZ i h8 ur game SOOO MUCH I hope u shutdown, **** lolzers Wildstar is gonna kill the TorTanic lololol" :rolleyes:

Almost every PvP'er on this board feels like that at this point. We're all just fed up with EAware's "carrot on a stick" approach. I even posted a poll thread asking PvP'ers if they would want x-server over new WZ maps. X-server won by a landslide (not surpsied) but it was unfortunately removed. I think it's very clear that they don't care at this point, and that they're solely focused on pleasing the casuals/PvE'ers.

I mean, even my poll thread was highly constructive. There was nothing in it that attacked EA, BW, SWTOR, but really just explained the very sad state PvP is in this game, and it's going to continue getting worse with each and every subsequent patch if this is how things are going to be on the forums. Even one of my good friends had a very constructive post deleted from page 1 of the thread about new WZ ideas.

We're not trying to destroy EAware's credibility. They're doing that to themselves and we want to love this game so much that we're willing to do whatever it takes to make them realize that their approach is highly flawed.

Edited by MrJurgens-Reborn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some real valuable feedback in this post. right tux?

thanks for being an example of what is was talking about.

He didn't make a post I would make, but the gist of his message is an opinion I also hold.

He's saying "Go ahead and pretend like they're listening now...offer your suggestions and input and smile...you'll see 12 months from now when they push the NEW PLAYER INSPIRED Warzone that it won't do anything to help repair the devastation that is occurring right NOW after they've completely ignored PvP for the bulk of 2-1/2 years."

Until then, i am a paying customer, and find more enjoyment reading the forums. Reading about these delusional folks' hopes and dreams about what will or will not be coming down the highway. I just envision these folks as happily strutting down the road, praising the bright lights at the end of the tunnel. Only to find out its not the beautiful sunlight at the end of the tunnel, but rather a 100 ton truck barrelling towards them, its grills mashed up with pvp folks, and a bumper sticker stating "i only brake for cartel purchases".

This made me cry....tears of laughter. lol

Please stop trolling the threads, QQing like you've like you've just had your candy stolen. No one wants to hear how upset you are. Go buy another game, complain about that one, and bother some other people. After completely derailing the new wz idea thread it's pretty obvious the majority of forum posters are butthurt fanboys that can't find a new hobby even though this game is "dead".

If you've unsubbed, and are brandishing the "unsubbed X date" tag on your profile, and continue to moan and wail about swtor, please find something else to do. You're just being a tool.

Thank you.

I hear ya man. Its crazy how many negative comments there are on the forums. Unfortunately they have all the time in the world to post their comments and troll the forums. They just don't realize that the dev's couldn't care less about what they say, because they say nothing constructive in their comments. They are just a bunch of bleeding hearts, feeling the world owes them a stage to spout their hate and be thanked for it. Pathetic.

I find it hillarious that the complainers who claim to be intelligent also can't read. In the forum about ideas for a new warzone, Alex originaly posted that it was a thread for posting idea's and that no other posts would be consiered. I feel sorry for all the people posting their hatred cause it was a waste of time, not only or themselves but also for the rest of the community that had to sift through their trash and look at the posts of real people posting real ideas for warzones. I understand the frustration about these people. But keep in mind that they are paying for this game just like everyone else, and that is a small bit of justice when they are in fact paying for what they say. So jokes on them. :)

He didn't make a post I would make, but the gist of his message is an opinion I also hold.

He's saying "Go ahead and pretend like they're listening now...offer your suggestions and input and smile...you'll see 12 months from now when they push the NEW PLAYER INSPIRED Warzone that it won't do anything to help repair the devastation that is occurring right NOW after they've completely ignored PvP for the bulk of 2-1/2 years."

hard to take you seriously when you overstate things like that.

ignored PVP? really? GSF is 100% PVP. we have arenas. getting a new WZ next week. they added bolster and have continued to tweak it. they added ranked WZs. added solo que for ranked. they are doing more class balance that is based on PVP. they added the free for all PVP area in gree event. they encourage PVP with gree and other events. they created a thread for players to suggest WZ ideas. they take questions and give answers from each class rep about pve AND PVP.

where is this devastation? because they took away the old ilum kill trading/exploit zone? because they are not going to add another kill trading zone or kill trading reward quests? or is this "devastation" only about having a temper tantrum because they are not adding xserver?

ignored PVP? really? GSF is 100% PVP. we have arenas. getting a new WZ next week. they added bolster and have continued to tweak it. they added ranked WZs. added solo que for ranked. they are doing more class balance that is based on PVP. they added the free for all PVP area in gree event. they encourage PVP with gree and other events. they created a thread for players to suggest WZ ideas. they take questions and give answers from each class rep about pve AND PVP.

where is this devastation? because they took away the old ilum kill trading/exploit zone? because they are not going to add another kill trading zone or kill trading reward quests? or is this "devastation" only about having a temper tantrum because they are not adding xserver?

Well yeah GSF is "PvP" but 99% of people I know have maybe done a game for it. It's not what we want and it's not traditional PvP.

They added arenas yes but at the cost of 8's (which was delayed hours before they were to be originally released which made a ton of players quit), instead of working on ways to improve that system they simply threw us another with no indication that it would happen.

Bolster has been a broken, bugged and exploited system since its launch, yeah it's finally starting to get better but they should have never released it in the first place as it was never even close to working on the PTS.

Solo queue is a joke, it's way to random which rewards mediocrity in the form of a faster gear grind.

They removed Ilum (which was fine, would have rather them rework it but w/e) and gave us the 2-3 times a year gree event which is met with more whining from PvE players than any PvP thread due to "ganking". As it stands now there is no OwPvP outside of PvE events which again, met with ridicule from the PvE players.

The only thing they have going for is class reps, which are kind of weird because usually the rep is good at PvP or good at PvE meaning one question is going to be lacking true knowledge on one question or the other...Hello Heal 2 Full. Class balance has improved but laughable still. Ops got buffed only to be met with more crying and were nerfed instantly because of it, madness still sucks ***, watchmen is still terrible etc etc.

Edited by cycao

ignored PVP? really? GSF is 100% PVP. we have arenas.

GSF isn't "PvP" in the context I'm talking about and you know it. In fact, there wasn't ONE player in all the 500,000 that played this summer who played because they liked what GSF offered...

And honestly, there was NEVER any overwhelming call for anything like Arenas. I'm sure a few folk asked for smaller PvP - people ask for 2v2 now as it is, that doesn't make it a good idea nor a community supported idea...and neither were Arenas. VERY VERY VERY few people wanted Arenas.

As for GSF...I love GSF, but I'm also keenly aware of the major problem that GSF has created...splinters. It attracted a few PvEers and a few PvPers...splintering both of those segments even more than they were. Since GSF is the only thing of any consequence that's been released since November of last year, both PvPers and PvEers are starving for content...the content that KEPT them in the game this long.

Ilum wasn't like that on every server. I started on Helm of Garush...we had some of that when it was just a few players who were at 50, but VERY VERY VERY little of it after about a week or 2. Speak ill of Ilum if you like...but it beat the hell outta what we have now, which is NOTHING!

The devastation is brutally apparent on my server. The "devastation" I'm speaking of is a dying game. 103 people on Fleet...w t f...

IMO its doesn't even matter if you are subbed or unsubbed. Frankly, my log in time is far more impactful than keeping or pulling my sub. I have a sub for Sports Illustrated. If the cover is interesting, it is moved to the throne room for further examination. If not, off to the recycling pile you go.

SWTOR PvP is been on this long road to the recycling landfill. It only lasted this long because I love the IP...

What the b**** h*** did I just finish seeing!?!

Good god man!!! Are we positive that was not a transvestite? My eyes feel like they are burning a little!

man i thought your character name in your sig said: "spaceboner", ill admit my sense of humour is somewhat sheit.

but i had a good laugh to myself before i realised i just read it wrong. also i have no idea why i even felt the need to write this. what was that about derailing someone spoke of tho?

man i thought your character name in your sig said: "spaceboner", ill admit my sense of humour is somewhat sheit.

but i had a good laugh to myself before i realised i just read it wrong. also i have no idea why i even felt the need to write this. what was that about derailing someone spoke of tho?

why does everyone keep saying that about my name "spaceboomer'!?! :mad:

I hear ya man. Its crazy how many negative comments there are on the forums. Unfortunately they have all the time in the world to post their comments and troll the forums. They just don't realize that the dev's couldn't care less about what they say, because they say nothing constructive in their comments.

[sNIP]

I think it's the other way around. The devs couldn't care less about what people say, so people become jaded. Just give it a week or two maybe. All EAWare interaction on the forums will be back to zero. It's happened so many times, it's really as if they do it just to say, "No no! Don't unsub! See! We're listening!" But when something is brought up months later, there's a bunch of no's and "technical challenges". Atleast they were honest and blunt with the PvP FAQ.

Sadly though, it's the newest Star Wars MMO. Star Wars... People want it to be good because it's a huge IP with a lot of fans. It might very hard for some to let go.

Edited by Katsuragisama

GSF isn't "PvP" in the context I'm talking about and you know it. In fact, there wasn't ONE player in all the 500,000 that played this summer who played because they liked what GSF offered...

And honestly, there was NEVER any overwhelming call for anything like Arenas. I'm sure a few folk asked for smaller PvP - people ask for 2v2 now as it is, that doesn't make it a good idea nor a community supported idea...and neither were Arenas. VERY VERY VERY few people wanted Arenas.

As for GSF...I love GSF, but I'm also keenly aware of the major problem that GSF has created...splinters. It attracted a few PvEers and a few PvPers...splintering both of those segments even more than they were. Since GSF is the only thing of any consequence that's been released since November of last year, both PvPers and PvEers are starving for content...the content that KEPT them in the game this long.

Ilum wasn't like that on every server. I started on Helm of Garush...we had some of that when it was just a few players who were at 50, but VERY VERY VERY little of it after about a week or 2. Speak ill of Ilum if you like...but it beat the hell outta what we have now, which is NOTHING!

The devastation is brutally apparent on my server. The "devastation" I'm speaking of is a dying game. 103 people on Fleet...w t f...

I think we will have to wait for DICE to release SWBF3 before we get some real Star Wars PvP. I often wonder in EA dev houses actually share insight on how to design certain systems. The irony is those original Battlefront devs were already "in-house" since EA acquired them during SWTOR development.

Talk about "swing and miss" or "fumble". I swear sometimes people need to slap the "suits" around.

I hear ya man. Its crazy how many negative comments there are on the forums. Unfortunately they have all the time in the world to post their comments and troll the forums. They just don't realize that the dev's couldn't care less about what they say, because they say nothing constructive in their comments. They are just a bunch of bleeding hearts, feeling the world owes them a stage to spout their hate and be thanked for it. Pathetic.

This is highly inaccurate. A lot of...all of us who're leaving have contributed more on these forums regarding class balance and all things PvP than the majority of everyone who're complaining about "use complainers". We're just fed up with the direction that PvP has taken and we have given out incredibly good ideas in the recent months on how to improve things but keep thinking that casual nonfactor way in that we don't contribute.

This is highly inaccurate. A lot of...all of us who're leaving have contributed more on these forums regarding class balance and all things PvP than the majority of everyone who're complaining about "use complainers". We're just fed up with the direction that PvP has taken and we have given out incredibly good ideas in the recent months on how to improve things but keep thinking that casual nonfactor way in that we don't contribute.

lol. sorry to break it to you, but the game will go on without you. how many more days until we lose youre invaluable expertise? :rolleyes:

The thing is 90% of the people who said "unsubbed" did not unsub. Everybody knows this Bioware knows this. If you have not quit in the last 2 years, you will not now. Yes, very few will go to Wildstar, ESO whatever but majority will stay.

lol. sorry to break it to you, but the game will go on without you. how many more days until we lose youre invaluable expertise? :rolleyes:

Lol yeah I know this game will go on, it's a PvE game with casual PvP in it. This is why the core PvP crowd is gone or is leaving. Have fun PvPing with and against minitor lickers and keyboard turning back peddling clickers. I'm sure you'll enjoy being able to get some victories.

It's 10 or 9 days and it's your...Christ.

Lol yeah I know this game will go on, it's a PvE game with casual PvP in it. This is why the core PvP crowd is gone or is leaving. Have fun PvPing with and against minitor lickers and keyboard turning back peddling clickers. I'm sure you'll enjoy being able to get some victories.

It's 10 or 9 days and it's your...Christ.

typical.

who are these "core" PVPers? lol. you know all of them personally? you must since you are speaking for them.

people like you in the forums of every MMO ive ever played. some of them actually do quit, but game goes on and is fine without them. sorry but PVP will also be just fine without you. really, what a ego you have to actually think PVP is just going to be keyboard turners and clickers after you leave.

ill bet you'll be living on these forums for every one of those 9 or 10 days.

Edited by MiaRB

typical.

who are these "core" PVPers? lol. you know all of them personally? you must since you are speaking for them.

people like you in the forums of every MMO ive ever played. some of them actually do quit, but game goes on and is fine without them. sorry but PVP will also be just fine without you. really, what a ego you have to actually think PVP is just going to be keyboard turners and clickers after you leave.

ill bet you'll be living on these forums for every one of those 9 or 10 days.

Absolutely clueless. Clueless not to see how BW has been driving off their hardcore players for last 2 years, most recently with the "No" FAQ. Clueless to not realize that the motives for him unsubbing are shared by many others.

I think we will have to wait for DICE to release SWBF3 before we get some real Star Wars PvP. I often wonder in EA dev houses actually share insight on how to design certain systems. The irony is those original Battlefront devs were already "in-house" since EA acquired them during SWTOR development.

I love BF4, in fact, that is my game of choice when I want to really PvP. Dice is a pretty amazing shop. The BF4 launch was a bit rough no doubt because EA pushed it out early, but that game has long since stabilized and is in great shape now. If Battlefront is even remotely as good as BF4, then I truly will be jumping ship for good. Don't think it will be in an MMO format, but it frankly doesn't matter to me as long as there are lightsabers and blasters.

where is Andryah?

This is the PvP Forum. That person wouldn't dare poke their head in here. lol