Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

AlexModny

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding more control points changes nothing from what currently takes place in ACW or NC.

You will have fighting at one node, and then guards at others. We do not need another map where someone is stuck out of the action. Ive been in plenty of games where I am guarding and finish with 0s across the board b/c nobody ever comes.

One objective, that forces teams to engage each other in order to complete said objective.

Except with my proposed idea, there would be no guarding objectives. Once you capture them, they're yours. Best of five, first to get three wins.

My ideas:

1. Go retro back to KotOR (just say it's a training simulation) and let us relive the battle of the Endar Spire or Star Forge. Or even do a type of reenaction of the Deceived trailer.

2. Send both factions into a labyrinth in a tomb on Korriban and/or Tython. Require players to tactically split up in order to find and escape with relics, or prevent the other faction from escaping.

3. Arenas on Geonosis. These are already in swtor lore plus attack of the clones.

4. Attack/defend the senate tower on Coruscant and dark citadel on Dromund Kaas. Maybe have Satele Shan and Darth Marr as bosses (who flee when beaten rather than dying.) If there's bosses though make it so the bosses can't be healed.

5. Two capital ships going head to head like Star Wars Battlefront 2, but when a ship is defeated everyone on it has to make it to the escape pods or prevent their enemies from reaching the pods like the safe room in hypergates. After everyone makes it to a pod or dies have a second phase planet side where the team who lost the first round has a slight advantage.

6. Yavin 4 jungle. Both teams start off separated from themselves in a jungle and have to find the rest of their team and fight the enemy at the same time.

Other ideas I like:

A few people mentioned a sail barge arena above a sarlacc pit and that should be be done. So should capture the flag matches. 16 vs 16 warzones would be fun too.

3. Three Team Huttball.

I know you just put out another Huttball map. But I looooooooooooove Huttball.

A three team Huttball map would be awesome, just for the simple fact alone that if any team gets too far ahead the other two can gang up on the leading team and keep them in the spawn. The amount of rivalries that could be created from this is glorious. You might think that's a bad idea, but an engaged community is a healthy community. ;)

I like this idea. It would help with 6-0 matches too.

I like the idea of player VIPs! How would the player be picked? Random? If so, how would you make teams fair so one side didn't get a tank and the other side got a squishy DPS with 20k health? How would you handle stealth classes when they are the VIP? Would the teams go at the same time or would it be like Voidstar where one team attacks/defends and then switches sides? :jawa_confused:

I think it would be really fun if teams got to pick who the VIP was on the opponent's team. The biggest problem with player VIPs is what if they crash or leave the warzone?

WZ: Attack the opposing fleet

Another great idea! The fleets have been way too peaceful up to now.

Example 1: The four highest-valor players in the queue on a team vs. the lowest-valor twelve. (Or some alternate means of putting the four "best" players on a team). The point is to have a much smaller, more skilled team versus and a considerably larger team.

Sounds very fun.

That's what the versus implies. Player versus Player not Player versus Clock or Player versus Obstacle Course.

Have you heard of this game called League of Legends? Or this other game that just came out called Titanfall?

Both are pure instanced PvP games and yet both also include NPC creeps/grunts on the map. Winning a match in either of these games requires you to kill other players (or support allies who are doing so), and that is always the central and most important way to score. However, having the NPC creeps there means more consistent action and allows a secondary objective to help support your team. For example, killing NPC's grants you and your team buffs, or speeds up the cooldown of special abilities--perks that give you subtle advantages against other players.

Honestly, we've already got "pure" Players killing Players combat. It's called Arena. I'm pretty sure that whatever warzone BioWare makes next, it's going to have an objective of some kind.

And personally, I'd rather the "objective" involve killing and fighting (even if it includes killing NPC's) rather than right-clicking something and hoping I don't get interrupted.

Have you heard of this game called League of Legends? Or this other game that just came out called Titanfall?

Both are pure instanced PvP games and yet both also include NPC creeps/grunts on the map. Winning a match in either of these games requires you to kill other players (or support allies who are doing so), and that is always the central and most important way to score. However, having the NPC creeps there means more consistent action and allows a secondary objective to help support your team. For example, killing NPC's grants you and your team buffs, or speeds up the cooldown of special abilities--perks that give you subtle advantages against other players.

Honestly, we've already got "pure" Players killing Players combat. It's called Arena. I'm pretty sure that whatever warzone BioWare makes next, it's going to have an objective of some kind.

And personally, I'd rather the "objective" involve killing and fighting (even if it includes killing NPC's) rather than right-clicking something and hoping I don't get interrupted.

Have you heard that this isn't a MOBA or an FPS? Different games are different, if you want to play a MOBA then play one. Don't think that we should completely change the style of play of this one because another game does it.

Here's an idea, ok, we know that BW has been pretty ambitious with their PVP, and has tried for some open world stuff in the past. Illum being the best and most obvious example. it hasn't worked, but it hasn't worked because of two big reasons. the first being in an open world enviroment there's no real time limit so that people can keep farming things, this introduces the very real risk of people not compeiting and instead sharing the objectives (case in point the current PVP stuff on Illum) a warzone introduces the clock is ticking aspect which forces people to compete.

Secondly, there's just no way to control how many people are on each side, which leads to balance, and lag issues.

these two things together are what made Illum unworkable. With that in mind I thought the original concept of Illum was a fun one, run around trying to blow up walkers and tanks. I'd LOVE to see BW take the basic idea and make a warzone out of it

I dont care about the scenario, the scenery (ok I do but thats besides my point)...

Please give us warzones with 3 teams!

6v6v6, 5v5v5 could work as well... It would open up such interesting combinations of two teams working together to bring down the winning team etc... AND, it would finally be something new :)

Have you heard that this isn't a MOBA or an FPS? Different games are different, if you want to play a MOBA then play one. Don't think that we should completely change the style of play of this one because another game does it.

Why shouldn't Bioware get ambitious and innovative, why should they restrict themselves to traditional mmo formats?

1. I don't see how a "moving dog-pile of chaos" when talking about a King of the Hill mode is a bad thing. There are no other "dog-piles of chaos" in this game, let alone moving ones. Would it be horrible to add one? Besides, since the game engine can't handle large battles, something like this might make this game feel more "massively" and more "Star WARS" even if it were just an illusion.

2. Team Deathmatch is probably the oldest form of team-based multiplayer PvP...........1 large rectangle, 2 teams, most kills at the end of 10-minutes wins the match. It's tried, it's true, it's fun.

3. Huttball is the only original game mode this game has, and it's FUN. I'd say more huttball maps, a huttball league, more huttball uniforms, huttball Ranked 8v8, huttball-brand toiletpaper, Huttball the Movie......you get the point, but that ship sailed as it's taken 2 years to get 1 new map. Also the next map in general hasn't even been thought about, so we'll see another at the earliest in 2 years.

4. Most importantly I'd recommend to listen to what is pretty much unanimous in the feedback in this thread: Please stop the gear "progression", remove the faulty bolster from 55 Warzones, and consider some sort of wholesale changes to your approach to class-balance. Unless those things change, PvP is going to remain stagnant, regardless of how many recolored tier-shifts you cram in between the new map each year.

As a side note, I find it horrifying that there was absolutely no plan beyond this new huttball map that's dropping in a week. Combine that with the "FAQ of no", and can you really blame the community for it's completely bleak outlook? You don't believe anything in the game systems even needs to be changed, and even the next new map hasn't been thought about yet......nothing is evolving. What is there to look forward to? My recolored Season 1 reward? (that's identical to the new tier.....and the last)

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

my idea is that we have a warzone with turrets and especially those droids that's blow up from dread fortress in the game so you can push them around. the idea I am looking at is like the training simulation from ark troopers episode on kamino in the clone wars tv series. Its a fortress and one team has to work together to beat the other team in a fortress like wz. think you need to watch the episode ark troopers to understand the concept.

Adding more control points changes nothing from what currently takes place in ACW or NC.

You will have fighting at one node, and then guards at others. We do not need another map where someone is stuck out of the action. Ive been in plenty of games where I am guarding and finish with 0s across the board b/c nobody ever comes.

One objective, that forces teams to engage each other in order to complete said objective.

That's why I like the Tic-Tac-Toe idea the best. Just like the Heroic on Pub side Balmorra (I think) where you need to light up the towers and make the connections from one tower to the others?

In PvP scenario your goal is to make your tic-tac-toe but also to stop the enemy. If it's all on the same board, the same map area, then you're all forced into the same space. You're deathmatching while controlling objectives.

I see it on a map about the size of the huttball map, with like 5 towers. You need to connect the towers to get some beam of light or whatever, energy, to your spawn point. 5 or 6 second capture time on each tower. You can use any combination of towers to get it done, as long as the path is complete. You can even take over the enemy's already lit tower, with a double cap time.

First to complete their "light chain" or "tic tac toe" whatever wins. Or, at time up, whoever has the most lit up. Tiebreaker resorts to team with fewest deaths.

Add in environmental obstacles like huttball and it'd be pretty hectic and should please most.

Edited by Uber_the_Goober

Exactly

NOT exactly. PVP isn't just about players killing players, its about players defeating players in a competition, whatever that competition entails.

We already have enough straight killing, it doesn't hurt to innovate and try new things.

NOT exactly. PVP isn't just about players killing players, its about players defeating players in a competition, whatever that competition entails.

We already have enough straight killing, it doesn't hurt to innovate and try new things.

So Sorry or Yatzee are forms of PvP?

This is not exactly a warzone suggestion, but i believe you should bring back something similar to the old illum warzone to perhaps rekindle WPvP in this game. This would provide fun PvP experiences for the geared and experienced players to set up large competitive groups against eachother, and additonally perhaps providing something for people to do while waiting for those eternal ranked pops as opposed to running around oricon maybe finding a PvP geared player every 45 minutes or so. I'd advise you to provide some incentive if you do something such as this, maybe some sort of reputation that is earned through doing dailies where you kill opposing faction players then turn the "bounty" in for credits, reputation, and maybe ranked/regular warzone commendations. Edited by crystaljedi

This is not exactly a warzone suggestion, but i believe you should bring back something similar to the old illum warzone to perhaps rekindle WPvP in this game. This would provide fun PvP experiences for the geared and experienced players to set up large competitive groups against eachother, and additonally perhaps providing something for people to do while waiting for those eternal ranked pops as opposed to running around oricon maybe finding a PvP geared player every 45 minutes or so. I'd advise you to provide some incentive if you do something such as this, maybe some sort of reputation that is earned through doing dailies where you kill opposing faction players then turn the "bounty" in for credits, reputation, and maybe ranked/regular warzone commendations.

This could easily be done just by adding open world dailies for somewhere like Oricon. I think that the problem is that they are scared that people will complain that it interrupts their pve dailies. Though that would be stupid because the best PvP title in the game is attached to Oricon. The Scare Bear title required 1,500 pvp kills on Oricon. But that is so far off most won't participate. If they actually rewarded comms and had dailies for Oricon for pvp kills and elite npc kills then it would do exactly what you're asking for.

World PvP doesn't necessarily need an objective like Ilum had. It does however need a carrot to dangle on a stick to get people active. It's the same for Tatooine. the PvP zone already exists, but it sits empty because these guys won't spend five minutes adding a daily or weekly for the area.

No matter what any player or dev tells you. All that has to be done is for these guys to add a daily/weekly that gives comms for a set number of player kills in Tatooine or Oricon and you will have Open World PvP.

The problem is that something is scarring them off from doing this or they already would have done it. And my guess is they are afraid of the possible flack the PvE community would raise up for "interrupting their PvE dailies questing."

Edited by Dawginole

BRB going to PvP my Grandma for family night lol.

I wish you naysayers could stop pissing up the thread with derailments and negativity because you're angry over no cross-server queuing. Besides, weren't all you guys rage quitting after that thread and talking about how happy we'd all be when you guys left?

Starting to feel like you were right about the happy thing.:mad: