Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

AlexModny

So you need new warzone idea; there you go: it is called the 'Final Battle', taking place in a crater.

3 phases, 5 rounds, lasts 12,5 min in total.

Phase 1 (1 min long):

A raid message appears with one of the PVP issues like:

Bolster, Lack of matchmaking, Lack of Cross Server, Class inbalance, AFKers, Warzone/Arena bugs and exploits, 8Vs8 ranked, etc.

Members of Team 'A' are marked with different PR bullsh*t: Working as intended, PVP gear is always better, NO, No current plans, Not happy about it, Technically too challanging, Heal 2 full, etc.

Members of Team 'B' has to kill the player in Team 'A' with the appropriate answer in a minute.

Phase 2:

Same as phase 1, but roles change.

Phase 3: a Jar Jar look-alike gungan with an extremely irritating voice is spawned at the Hill of Whiners and starts chanting: I want to play in PVE gear, I want to play the PVE tree, Can't move out of AOE, Can't handle knockdowns, Need more CC, Won't learn how to deal with other classes, etc.

If it completes its 30 sec journey to the Tree of Implementation, both teams lose.

At the end of the 5th round, the volcano errupts, consuming the defeated team, from their corpses Cartel Coins fly to the sky, whereas the winning team sadly disappears into the horizon and never comes back.

Edited by varietasplus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Warzone Aficionados!

Please make sure you understand that this is not a vote. Even if there is a consensus on a specific idea that everyone wants that is no guarantee that we will develop it. Also there is no guarantee that we will develop an idea that is suggested. We want to gather ideas on what you want from the next warzone so we can make something ya'll want!

pfffhahahahahha, now you "pretend" you care, but only "pretend", since you're so obviously not actually going to do anything. very cute.

I agree. Nobody who is good at this game cares about a new WZ, we just want this game to be fixed first.

List of things that need to be fixed:

Bolster

Population issues(Cross-server)

WPvP

Poor Balancing methods

The addition of 8v8

Fix bugs with Arena

I think that you get the point.

/touché

WE NEED CROSS-SERVERS

I'd clearly love to see a replica of the Hoth invasion.

A 8 vs 8 / 12 vs 12 (like in GS) with heavy tanks vs fleet and turrets as a 1st part of the invasion then an invasion "at feet" (sorry for my poor english) inside the base to reach the command zone.

Outside : tanks must destroy the protective dome in order to penetrate inside the base. the fleet must destroy the tanks. A playable 2-seater for the heavy tanks would be awesome ^^ 1 player who directs the tank and shoot the primary gun and the other who directs the anti-aircraft gun. A second kind of vehicule would be a light vehicule for just 1 player (faster, smaller, weaker).

Inside : Attackers must destroy barricades to reach their goal but, instead of setting bombs like in voidstar, barricades have health points and attackers must attack them in order to destroy them.

Defenders have the choice to :

- kill the attackers

- repair the barricades, a few devices that help to repair them. (Sorry barricades, no healing trance for u.)

Barricades can defend themselves (and heal themselves ?). They are protected by automatic turrets that fire (really) small damage and the more the barricades are damaged, the more turrets are destroyed (and so less damage to the attackers).

After 1 or 2 defensive layers, attackers reach the command zone and win.

The warzone would last 6-7 min then switch attackers/defenders.

Illum would be another great place :)

Edited by neoatomium
grammar

I don't have a full fleshed out warzone idea to present at this moment, but I do have some suggestions for the next warzone.

• Large Scale battles (16v16 warzones)! I'm really missing the larger scale battles from Ilum open world.
  • No more guarding "side nodes" like GCW.

I like the MOBA idea, but there are so many things that yall would have to tweak to translate it to this game.

I am one of the players that cannot get enough of the arenas at this time (at least when I'm on a non-ranged class), so anything that encourages people to get in there and slay is good for me, but I am also a DPS.

It would be nice to have something that strongly benefits the team that has a tank (similar to huttball). It is something about the fact that there are certain players that NEED to be tanked at the time because they are pretty much the objective. Maybe some objective that had to be captured over time, but you cannot be interrupted, only killed, to stop the cap.

Edited by buckman

This whole thread is the ultimate proof that they're not listening to the community. It's just a marketing trick that a lot of players will fall for. First they said "NO!", then we said "Bye!". What they're really saying now "Wait. Dont' leave us. We want your cash. Common sub for another year or two in the hopes of getting pvp fixed, we can throw you a warzone during that time as a quickfix." :eek:

I was thinking of an WZ with lots of Nodes. Not 3, as usual, but 6, with 6-8 players on each team.

In general, I want an WZ with much, much more running around, like Open World PvP, only in small.

The current maps are very static in terms of "warfare", there is little to no fluctuation of players running from node to node.

TBS and RTS players might already know what I mean : You leave a town undefended, the AI goes to that town, meanwhile you take over an enemy's town you are suddenly faces with the loss of 2-3 villages and 1 town ...

The current WZs don't have much large-scale tactics at all. Everything is crammed into such an small space, there just is no need for any large.scale tactics.

Plus, the single player does not make any difference in current WZs.

The group does. It's like a fish swarm. Or a swarm of wasps. But a single player rarely does make any difference, except as a stealther.

With a map containing 6 nodes with 8 players one player is actually able to "turn the match" by getting one or more nodes. And members of the opposite team must run around getting those lost nodes back, meanwhile taking risk / gambling that the noide they had been defending might get lost meanwhile - because there are 6 nodes available, 6 players to protect them, and only 2 players to work as a "running horse" taskforce.

This would lead to the use of much, much more tactics, much, much more uncertainty and taking risks. To me, this would be great fun. :D

Except of course if the "node protectors" consisted almost entirely of tanks. That would be bad, because of obvious reasons. And the "teleporting" ability of the Assassins / Shadows would be difficult to deal with as well. Because it would be easy for them to "teleport" from one node to another.

The nodes would have to be so far away that one wouldn't be able to just do a tiny sprint to them and back ... Instead, the nodes would have to require some proper running.

I'm thinking of a distance similar to the distance between east and west nodes on the Novare Coast map.

My goal is a map that would include

- lots of running around

- much more use of large-scale tactics

- much more taking rists in losing nodes when attempting to "steal a node

- much, much less "swarm-behaviour"

- the single player being able to matter much, much more

- class-stacking becoming less relevant because of so many single-target nodes which just cannot be taken without giving up protection of other nodes. Example : 3 members of an enemy team want to get a single node, relying on their pure damage power, for example. But this would mean at the same time that the 3 nodes they had been protected must remain undefended meanwhile. In an 6 players / 6 nodes scenario this would be indeed possible. Which would mean that meanwhile they are attempting to take a node with their combined force the nodes they had left undefended might be taken over by an daring player who takes the risk of getting it.

The only difficulty would be the question where to place the respawn point so that no team has an advantage. A possibility would be an respawn point in the middle of a circle, similar to Stonehenge :D , similar to the respawn-point of the Hypergates map, but made so that no "respawn point farming" of enemy team members is possible (Hypergates is very good in so far that it prevents it).

My original layout I have in mind, however, is that of a series of nodes along a way ... a bit similar to a road having 6 street lamps alongside of it, but much, much larger, of course.

As a side-note : I was always surprised to never see the structures of the Alderaan map never to be seen on the actual Alderaan planet in PvE. I'd like to see it added to it, but I think it is already far too late for that.

A similar thing for those Arenas : I'd like to see the Arenas properly incorporated on the planets. If a new planet was added in the future, it should have an visible Arena with an proper entrance - clicking on the door would enlist you for joining a fight in that Arena.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Two baby ideas:

1) TF2's Payload style warzone. Have a cart/star wars equivalent/droid/whatever that needs to be moved from point A to point B. Having members of the attacking team near it makes it move forward. It moves backwards if no attacking players are near. Give the map 3 or 4 checkpoints.

To prevent an all out 8v8 zergfest, create an activation objective to unlock the checkpoints. IE you cant get to checkpoint one, without slicing a security panel on the farside of the map... Think voidstar, but East is an objective to cap and West has the cart being pushed.

2) Tic Tac Toe! Objectives arranged in a 3x3 pattern, you need to link 3 in a row to complete the slicing array... OMG WE HACKSD YOUR SYSTEM. Think this should be laid out in a diamond pattern instead of a square, relative to the spawn points. IE, spawn points are on corners and not on the flat side of a square, making the nearest 3 objectives to either spawn create a triangle instead of a vertical or horizontal line.

These are both excellent ideas and don't require a ton of new development of mechanics. They appear to work within what you already have - except maybe implementing a way to "move the cart".

You already have the tic-tac-toe thing on Balmorra I think Pub side...with the puzzle where you have to activate different towers to spawn a boss. Just re-configure the placement of the towers but leave all the rest. Show the light beam between towers and make it different colors for the different teams, so you can see what you're enemy's doing and work against it.

(Didn't read many other posts, I hope I'm not repeating someone else.)

Asymmetrical Warzones

Example 1: The four highest-valor players in the queue on a team vs. the lowest-valor twelve. (Or some alternate means of putting the four "best" players on a team). The point is to have a much smaller, more skilled team versus and a considerably larger team.

Example 2: Take the first example to an extreme: Boss Mode! One player gets super abilities, 1m HP (or whatever) but no rez. The other ops-size team has to kill him. Each players gets one rez only. it's a battle of attrition. Adjust the details to your liking, the basic idea is a PvP version of an Operations Boss fight.

Example 3: Who says it has to be pew-pew-pew all the time? One team has a platforming puzzle to work out, as a team, while the other team works against them somehow. Sorry I don't have many details, it's just a thought...

Example 4: Boss-Mode variant; one team gets a giant battle droid or monster and has different roles in controlling the "boss" while the other team has to kill it. Note: this is also a possible way to implement capital ships in GSF. One team gets a capital ship with turrets, the other team gets fighters.

Example 5: Handicaps. These could either be one-sided or both sides could just receive different handicaps. Perhaps one team can't use stuns, but the other team does 66% of normal damage. Or a high-ranking team gets no heals, but fights a low-ranking team.

These types of matches wouldn't be very useful for Ranked, but I think they have the possibility to be very fun.

I LOVE THIS IDEA :):cool:

Type bg Huttball where stock points in the opposing camp, but you can go and steal point base any time. Of course, the objective to bring into his camp appear at regular intervals on the battleground and at different spawn/place for the ball/objective.

The first camp, which counts the number of points defined by the developers, has won.

This type BG, request a hidden and output / input multiple passages camp.

(10v10, 12v12 or 15v15)

please, add to feature (at least first):

1 - Choosing to the arena or bg for the classic mod (and even choose the bg if possible)

2 - View the tags are from time to time difficult bg cross-realm (PvP with PvP, PvE with PvE, etc ...)

Sorry for my bad english, I'm French :)

Edited by Kirrikipik

http://i62.tinypic.com/15ybrxc.jpg

a labirinth with 8 spawn point,

4 couple of player against other 4 couple of player

each couple have a random spawn location, on the labirinth some npc to kill

when you engage npc you will be spotted on map,

and a boss into the labirinth , you can meet others players into the map, enemy or allies

the first team that kill the boss win,

random labirinth map.

Dinamyc door open/close could change the path to the boss,

maybe also some trap.

and after 7min location of the boss spotted on map

Ah yes Murderball! I like this game mode but as you alluded to it suffers from the whole team pocket healing one person and turtling.

How would turtling be prevented? How do we keep the crystal moving around? How do we make healers not OP in this game mode? For example, what if you couldn't be healed (like when you are in the Arena sudden death Acid Cloud) while you carried the crystal, good idea? Bad idea?

Been thinking it over and one way to prevent turtling would be to put a short timer on the ball so if are still holding the ball when the timer hits 0 it blows up taking you and anyone in a 4m radius with you, after which it resets to the middle.

The countdown would be reset everytime you passed the ball, so a team would continue to gain points as long as they held the ball but 1 single player couldn't hold it indefinitely.

Also to prevent two players just passing the ball back and forth, once you have thrown the ball you gain a debuff meaning you can't carry it again for a short period.

Also in order to mix things up a little you could have it so the timer on the ball is random, say between 10 and 20 seconds, you don;t know how long you can hold it until you catch the ball, also the only one who can see the timer IS the ball carrier which makes it harder for allies and foes to predict when you will pass the ball.

e.e Uh... is this an April fools prank?...

Or do we actually get to share or warzone ideas so the devs actually read them and consider them?...

To find the answer go to the first post and check the date, if it isn't April 1st then this isn't an April fools joke, or is that to sensible for some people :p

Edited by magi_melcior

1. Murderball, as mentioned. Possibly give the carrier a HP buff, while making him/her immune to healing.

2. Tug-of-War (like Battle for Praag in Warhammer Online) a chain of objectives: Capturing one objective unlocks the next one in the chain and closes the previous one. To make it more interesting you can have the defending side recieve buffs the farther towards their side the contested point is.

3. I like the idea of "Boss mode" (they kind of had that in the final city sieges in WAR) of some kind.

4. Objective Assault. Attacking side has several objectives that needs destroying (using conventional DPS-ing) defenders have to stop them. (would also be fun to have a "capital ship defence" mode in GSF, where one side has to damage as much as possible/destroy a capital ship and the others have to defend it)

5. Capture the Flag classic: Similar to huttball (carry the flag to your goal) but each side has a flag that they must defend at the same time.

6. Capture and Hold: A single objective needs to be captured and held to score points. However, there are minor objectives that can be secured that makes this easier or harder. (such as artillery emplacements that rain down AOE damage on the objective, shield generators that provide damage buffs, etc.)

So you need new warzone idea; there you go: it is called the 'Final Battle', taking place in a crater.

3 phases, 5 rounds, lasts 12,5 min in total.

Phase 1 (1 min long):

A raid message appears with one of the PVP issues like:

Bolster, Lack of matchmaking, Lack of Cross Server, Class inbalance, AFKers, Warzone/Arena bugs and exploits, 8Vs8 ranked, etc.

Members of Team 'A' are marked with different PR bullsh*t: Working as intended, PVP gear is always better, NO, No current plans, Not happy about it, Technically too challanging, Heal 2 full, etc.

Members of Team 'B' has to kill the player in Team 'A' with the appropriate answer in a minute.

Phase 2:

Same as phase 1, but roles change.

Phase 3: a Jar Jar look-alike gungan with an extremely irritating voice is spawned at the Hill of Whiners and starts chanting: I want to play in PVE gear, I want to play the PVE tree, Can't move out of AOE, Can't handle knockdowns, Need more CC, Won't learn how to deal with other classes, etc.

If it completes its 30 sec journey to the Tree of Implementation, both teams lose.

At the end of the 5th round, the volcano errupts, consuming the defeated team, from their corpses Cartel Coins fly to the sky, whereas the winning team sadly disappears into the horizon and never comes back.

LOL... they probably are thinking in something like that!

WE NEED CROSS-SERVERS NOW!

• Dev Post

Map: Gas Harvester Platform

• Empire and Republic forces battle on a floating gas harvester platform in an attempt to secure critical blaster gas supplies for their side in the war.
  • Functions like a variant of capture the flag. While each team's goal is to capture and retrieve an object, there will also be a component of value for the objective. Players will have to stay at a collection point and siphon off gas into canisters, which then need to be taken back to their team's pickup point. If interrupted, they can either resume siphoning or attempt to take their current canisters back to to the pickup point.
  • The longer a team can hold the siphon point and siphon off gas, the more gas they will collect, which will result in more points their team can acquire if they can safely return the canisters to their pickup point. (Teams can pump up their points towards the victory requirement in a hit and run fashion, or take a bigger risk for a bigger step towards winning.)
  • Bonus objectives: Activate platform defenses (multiple points). Periodically, defense consoles around the platform become available, allowing allied or enemy forces to take control of the defenses they are connected to. If a team manages to secure one of these defense control stations, nearby defense systems will activate and hinder or attack the opposing team.

I like the idea of 'resource gathering to score points' for a mechanic, it is already a part of Ancient Hypergates, but not the main scoring mechanic. In your example what happens when a character with a canister is attack/killed? Do they drop it? Can the attacker pick it up? :rak_02:

Loving these suggestions everyone! We are reading them all (no April Fools!) and I will respond to as many as I can. Keep on being amazing yall!

Cheers! :tran_grin:

I didnt read through all the pages so what I will suggest may have been brought up already :p

The idea is crude and straight forward.. No need for violent reactions I know some may like or dislike it. Here goes..

1a - 1v1 ladder/leaderboard system. I know there is such as a class advantage so, in an attempt to balance that there should be a point system.. When you prompt to Que up, you have a choice of what class you want to duel (any class from both imps n pub side). Also, you get to choose a class you do not wish to be dueled by. Depending on the enemy class your win or loss points will depend on your class advantage.. Hence you win or lose more points depending on what type of enemy you choose to duel. Bioware will determine the numbers :D

If Ques are slow, hence there are only few of the class you want to duel who is on que, you may wish to choose "random" duels where you get to fight any class available who is on que. Since it is a ladder, players of the similar rank tend to pick up each others Que instead of lower ranking ones.

1b - 1v1 w/ a companion. Similar mechanics as above. Some people have excess comms to groom their companion so why not bring them to play.

2 - Tag-team (2v2's) Similar mechanices as 1a. Why? Why not? Wouldn't it be great to see see how you can work w/ your best buds? Just to add, there should be a sort of grouping when you Que. e.g., if the tag team is a tank + heals, they tend to get a mirror match...

3 - Cross Server Arena both unranked and ranked! Plus the above mentioned modes of pvp.

Gathering Intelligence.

The idea is simple. Both sides start off on the bridge of a Capital Ship. The objective is to gather the intel from the computer at the center. There are interface terminals on both sides of the computer, one for each team. Each side must input a code twice to be able to download and both the code entries and the download are channeled.

Before each entry, 4 safe guards must be disabled to allow interface. There are 4 on both sides of the room. These are click and go and may be activated by any team members.

Once entering a code or downloading of the intel is began by a member of a team, that person can only finish channeling or be killed. While channeling, they are immune to impairment. They can be healed by their own team but doing so resets the channel timer.

Channelers are immune to AOE attacks while channeling. Channelers may only interact with the interface once in a round.

1.Cantina Free-For-All

Solo only death match type warzone with a catch: no weapons or abilities, only the punching skills.

2. Two Team+Boss Dynamic

I also like the dynamic in the Gree event while trying to kill an op boss and having to deal with other players that may want the resource. It would be nice to have that inside a warzone. Off the top of my head, maybe have a random world boss spawn and scale to level 55 difficulty every time an objective is controlled. Then both teams would have to either cooperate and take out the boss then fight for the cap, or cooperate with the world boss and try to take out the boss with 8 people. Make it so after one team gets put in the spawn that the spawn timer gives the remaining team a reasonable amount of time to kill the boss before getting released. Make it so the world boss can receive friendly buffs from either team, including healing. You could also... instead of the regular WZ buffs placed on the map... put things like turrets( for example like in the Colicoid flashpoint) or rocket launchers( like in Castle Panteer in Alderaan) that put crippling debuffs on the boss, that either cause an armor penetration debuff or crowd control.

Points will be handed out after the objective is controlled for an certain amount of time after the boss is downed.

IMHO, that would also make an interesting huttball map too.

3. Three Team Huttball.

I know you just put out another Huttball map. But I looooooooooooove Huttball.

A three team Huttball map would be awesome, just for the simple fact alone that if any team gets too far ahead the other two can gang up on the leading team and keep them in the spawn. The amount of rivalries that could be created from this is glorious. You might think that's a bad idea, but an engaged community is a healthy community. ;)

Edited by ObiWanJabroni

I didnt read through all the pages so what I will suggest may have been brought up already :p

The idea is crude and straight forward.. No need for violent reactions I know some may like or dislike it. Here goes..

1a - 1v1 ladder/leaderboard system. I know there is such as a class advantage so, in an attempt to balance that there should be a point system.. When you prompt to Que up, you have a choice of what class you want to duel (any class from both imps n pub side). Also, you get to choose a class you do not wish to be dueled by. Depending on the enemy class your win or loss points will depend on your class advantage.. Hence you win or lose more points depending on what type of enemy you choose to duel. Bioware will determine the numbers :D

If Ques are slow, hence there are only few of the class you want to duel who is on que, you may wish to choose "random" duels where you get to fight any class available who is on que. Since it is a ladder, players of the similar rank tend to pick up each others Que instead of lower ranking ones.

1b - 1v1 w/ a companion. Similar mechanics as above. Some people have excess comms to groom their companion so why not bring them to play.

2 - Tag-team (2v2's) Similar mechanices as 1a. Why? Why not? Wouldn't it be great to see see how you can work w/ your best buds? Just to add, there should be a sort of grouping when you Que. e.g., if the tag team is a tank + heals, they tend to get a mirror match...

3 - Cross Server Arena both unranked and ranked! Plus the above mentioned modes of pvp.