The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

Cross server queue is only necessary due to the dwindling amount of people that still PvP. If each server was thriving with plenty of people doing PVP then cross server wouldn't be necessary. However, this is not the case. Server populations are now low and either they need to merge servers again or implement cross server. But I think we've all had enough of servers being merged.

Cross server queue for ranked WZs would actually make the leader boards mean far more. It also means there's a far larger pool of players to play with and against which makes ranked far more appealing.

The dwindling PvP community on each server and the game as a whole plus the development team's lack of plans for PvP is extremely discouraging. It's been especially discouraging seeing a ton of really good players quitting the game.

There's a snowball effect going on here and the devs are going to have to make a serious effort on their end if they want to stop it. Even more so since they supposedly want this game to have plenty of competitive PvP...But, I suspect this is a lie. If they really wanted this game to sport competitive PvP then they would actually have real plans and far more communication with the PvP community.

They must be getting a ton of money from the CM and yet they have made no effort to increase manpower so they can completely turn this game around...Turning the game around means more subs. More subs means even more money than what the CM is going to rack in...Guess they are happy to half *** this game, scrounge up what little money they can, and have an extremely frustrated player base.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say good ones, are you referring to all of the skilled PvPers that unsubscribed?

Yeah I know a good chunk of people who unsubbed last week. Not going to be a lot of us old nigs around anymore.

I can imagine musco got chastised for making this thread. BW telling the truth about PVP development? and just prior to another PVP orientated MMO being released? I appreciate the honesty but I think they'll come to regret it lol.

I can imagine musco got chastised for making this thread. BW telling the truth about PVP development? and just prior to another PVP orientated MMO being released? I appreciate the honesty but I think they'll come to regret it lol.

Course he did.

At least the fellow is honest about basically middle fingering the whole PvP community. Pretty much all you can be, lying would only cause even more uproar and people renouncing the game.

Course he did.

At least the fellow is honest about basically middle fingering the whole PvP community. Pretty much all you can be, lying would only cause even more uproar and people renouncing the game.

While it is somewhat "comforting" to have direct answers which is super rare for the PvP forums if they never wrote this post I would still have a sub.

While it is somewhat "comforting" to have direct answers which is super rare for the PvP forums if they never wrote this post I would still have a sub.

I guess so.

This is probably why they should've just kept quiet about it. As a business, you could at least string the customer along without an answer like they have been doing, rather than this straight "no" post actively inspiring others to quit.

Just some more self righteousness placed in the wrong direction, yet again. Shame that before it was just people who didn't know any better about competition, now the developers are doing it and basically screwing over the supporting community as a result.

Edited by ZooMzy

I guess so.

This is probably why they should've just kept quiet about it. As a business, you could at least string the customer along without an answer like they have been doing, rather than this straight "no" post actively inspiring others to quit.

Just some more self righteousness placed in the wrong direction, yet again. Shame that before it was just people who didn't know any better about competition, now the developers are doing it and basically screwing over the supporting community as a result.

Yeah this is why he's prob got a bollocking, But as a business they really should also know that regular pvp players are synonymous with an active subscription. Over two years of neglect, disinformation and contempt erodes those subscriptions

On Dulfy.net, the recap of the Cantina Tour event has this as a note:

Something is in the works for World PvP that’s “really cool” related to rewards on a global scale. It won’t be anything like Ilum though..

Which is in direct contradiction to the "No plans" answer in the OP of this thread. Someone want to explain that?

On Dulfy.net, the recap of the Cantina Tour event has this as a note:

Which is in direct contradiction to the "No plans" answer in the OP of this thread. Someone want to explain that?

I refer you to my previous post "Over two years of neglect, disinformation and contempt "

How long til your sub runs out? My friend and I are looking for a good dps and a tank to round out a WZ group. You wouldn't happen to have a pub version of your sin would you? Look up either Obv'ious or Contrux. We play most nights after 8pm EST on POT5.

We're just two lonely commandos - looking to find some decent players to make our remaining playtime more fun. I can only run my Operative healer so many times before I get bored - oh yay...1 million heals and we still lost because of stupids and bads... My sorc, my sniper, my slinger, my operative, all 55's, all getting boring...I'm running the commando for a change of pace to extend the game a bit for me.

We're both jumping ship in a few months - possibly to EQ Next, possibly to Repopulation.

But while we're here...we gonna blow some **** up. And the purely pug circuit is getting tiresome...

How long til your sub runs out? My friend and I are looking for a good dps and a tank to round out a WZ group. You wouldn't happen to have a pub version of your sin would you? Look up either Obv'ious or Contrux. We play most nights after 8pm EST on POT5.

We're just two lonely commandos - looking to find some decent players to make our remaining playtime more fun. I can only run my Operative healer so many times before I get bored - oh yay...1 million heals and we still lost because of stupids and bads... My sorc, my sniper, my slinger, my operative, all 55's, all getting boring...I'm running the commando for a change of pace to extend the game a bit for me.

We're both jumping ship in a few months - possibly to EQ Next, possibly to Repopulation.

But while we're here...we gonna blow some **** up. And the purely pug circuit is getting tiresome...

My shadow is only 54.

why are you here then? if you are really done with the game and unsubbed, then just move on. if you don't like the game then stop playing, go play a game you do like instead of hanging around whinning on these forums like you are some kind of victim.

why are you here then? if you are really done with the game and unsubbed, then just move on. if you don't like the game then stop playing, go play a game you do like instead of hanging around whinning on these forums like you are some kind of victim.

I got 19 days left so I'm good.

Yeah this is why he's prob got a bollocking, But as a business they really should also know that regular pvp players are synonymous with an active subscription. Over two years of neglect, disinformation and contempt erodes those subscriptions

Well I'd imagine the majority of the dedicated player base from the beginning has gone.

Such is the way of business though. Like they were doing here, all you have to do is milk the customer dry and then advertise shiny new aspects to draw in more people. Milk those customers dry too, then repeat the cycle until you have used up all the resources in the area.

I'd still disagree that the game functions like this as a whole, despite the CM market being so apparent in game. But I would whole heartedly agree that the PvP aspect follows that above ideal to the letter: milk the dedicated, and when they get fed up with the crap, find new customers instead of doing the right improvements.

Edited by ZooMzy

Considering there were 2+ million subscribers at launch, and now there is about 25% of that remaining, yea Id say the majority of players have left the game.

There's no chance there are 25% left Cash. Last year, that may have been the case...but no chance today.

The forums are more fun than the actual game so who wouldn't stick around lol

we'll get some metrics in about a decade when this in on a list of the top 10 major MMO **** ups

Actually, I believe this game is already listed as one the top MMO **** ups. But, it'll probably take ten years for BW to admit to *********** up.

Actually, I believe this game is already listed as one the top MMO **** ups. But, it'll probably take ten years for BW to admit to *********** up.

Companies seldom due let alone now that EA owns Bioware I don't think they will admit that they had one of the most expensive and most anticipated MMO's ever and botched it completely.

Wich is / would be sad, because all-in-all it's a pretty good game.

The un-realised potential, though...

(To put it charitably. I think "deliberately murdered at every possible turn" is more realistic.)

This game is still fun and engaging for me, as long as I stick mostly to the RPG/story aspects (and avoid 99.9...9% of the community as much as possible :/), which BioWare --the old BioWare, not the gutted, contemptible bad joke we have now-- does/did so wonderfully well.

But it could have, should have, been so much more, with all forms of PvP being at least an important, if not central aspect thereof.

What could have been, strangled by corporate parasites with no vision, no intellectual courage, and even less artistic integrity.

I really wish they could get the cross server queues going for PvP and for PvE as it would make this game infinitely better. Sitting around waiting to do **** is always what kills MMOs for me and cross server queues are the solution.

This is the best argument in favor of Cross-Server technology. It would be fantastic for both PvP and PvE. Simply because it is the PvP community trumpeting the need for the technology doesn't mean it wouldn't be a huge positive for both sides of the game.

And the day will come when even the PvE community in this game begins to dry up. Cross-Server is your best bet to get the longest run out of the content that has already been created.

But, frankly, this horse is dead. BW knows what needs to be done. Their competition has already been doing it for years (L O L). They just refuse to do it. Game over man...game over.

What the **** lol.

And then there's...that guy. lol

Wich is / would be sad, because all-in-all it's a pretty good game.

Well they only:

• Forced the game out early
  • Lied to the PvP Community about Ranked
  • Slashed development staff when they needed everyone possible on board to fix the problems
  • Have ignored the fact that PvE players also use PvP as a source of enjoyment
  • Ignored requests by players both before and after the release of GSF as to what they want to see
  • Continue to ignore all requests for cross-server queues and do nothing to consolidate the player base

ESO, Wildstar, and whatever other MMOs are released in the future will not be the death of this game, EAWare will.