Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

"we have no plans to..."

"we have no plans to..."

"we have no plans to..."

bla bla bla. FU BioWare. You don't have any plan!

you forgot to add

"we have no plans to ....... (insert topic) .....at this time."

That changes the meaning entirely. I guess most people just focus on the first part and assume that they are never going to have cross server ques. It just means on the current roadmap, there are no plans to implement it....at this time. Maybe next years roadmap will have it...at that time. Sheesh people, learn to comprehend the english language for once. There is a big difference between saying "No" and "not at this time".

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you forgot to add

"we have no plans to ....... (insert topic) .....at this time."

That changes the meaning entirely. I guess most people just focus on the first part and assume that they are never going to have cross server ques. It just means on the current roadmap, there are no plans to implement it....at this time. Maybe next years roadmap will have it...at that time. Sheesh people, learn to comprehend the english language for once. There is a big difference between saying "No" and "not at this time".

It wont even matter, the damage has been done when they initially promised cross servers with ranked then removed that over two years ago. I would eat my hat if they ever put cross servers in within the next two years.

It wont even matter, the damage has been done when they initially promised cross servers with ranked then removed that over two years ago. I would eat my hat if they ever put cross servers in within the next two years.

Yup. 4.45pm here in the UK and ToFN is still light - This time last year it was medium/heavy.

• 2 weeks later...

Will we ever be able to choose a specific Warzone to queue for?

From the design side, we do like the idea of allowing our players to be able to impact which Warzone they want to queue for, but it is not as simple as letting everyone select which Warzone they want and call it a day. Because of a few reasons (queue population, preventing ‘de facto’ best Warzone, making sure all Warzones are being played, etc.) it would require a fully-fledged design around that new queuing system in order to make sure the system was sustainable (in queue times, etc.). There are no current plans for the near future to implement this feature.

eric

Eric here are some suggestions to solve some of things you mention above. Ie queue population and de facto best WZ problem

- there should be 4 types of queues for people who may not like Arena, Huttball or even normal WZ... plus have a random queue... WoW do this well and keep people playing all the different PVP WZs by linking quests/dailies to them... Ie queuing for a random gives you more comms etc... They even have special weekend bonuses for doing certain WZs on that weekend... That way most people don't neglect or favour only one type of WZ....

To give people incentives to play each one, make them Dailes/weeklies... Special rewards etc

Then you could have complete/win a Huttball/s or classics and arena quests. Give a bigger incentive for queuing random... This would also add some quest enjoyment for us people who only pvp... Instead of just 2 types of quests that are over in 5-9 matches depending on your lvl

And to combat long queues times, show how many people are queued for each one... If less than a full team, a msg could pop up suggesting the highest pop queues and possible wait times for a queue to pop based on the trend from the last hour

Why is Bolster in Ranked PvP? Why not just require a high level of PvP gear?

This is a great question, and one we put a lot of thought into when the decision made to keep Bolster in Ranked PvP. As many of you likely know, in the past we had an entry level set of PvP gear called the Recruit set. Wearing this set into a Warzone would put you at an “entry level” for PvP. However, having Recruit gear in the game created two important factors:

1. The player needed to know that this is how PvP at max level worked.

2. The player needed to then get the gear and actually equip it.

Although this may seem like something which is obvious to many of you who are more seasoned and hardcore PvPers, these factors being missed led to many players first experience being that they got completely stomped in PvP. Although we understand that there are certainly “dues to be paid” when you play PvP, they shouldn’t come right at the beginning of someone’s PvP career. We also want the Ranked population to be as high as possible within the Level 55 bracket so we have Bolster in place so more players can participate in the system.

The best solution for this situation was a systematic approach which puts all players on an even footing when they enter the system. We know that some feel the best solution is to simply make everyone have the same gear and stats when in PvP so that it is purely a measure skill and skill alone. However, we feel that as an MMO, gear progression is a major cornerstone of its long term gameplay. We feel that Bolster takes both of those ideas into account and lands as a nice middle ground.

It is very unfortunate that Bolster has experienced issues since its implementation which certainly created pain points for our PvP community. However we will continue to work to ensure that Bolster is working as intended! I think we can all agree that having the first time you PvP be a positive experience will go to great lengths to ensuring that those folks stick around and continue

eric

This is an easy fix and I'm not sure why it was overlooked, considering the answer was staring you in the face.

I mean What is Valor actually for???... but to show you have put in time learning to pvp.

If they don't have lvl 54 or higher Valor they should be put back with the pre55 pvpers and nerfed down to the pre55 pvp requirements, basically reversed bolster...by the time they get to Valor 54 they should be able to play... Then we wouldn't have to panda to these "non" pvp people and you could get rid of bolster for all lvl 55.

At the same time these people could be earning comms to buy PVP gear with for when they can do "un" bolstered pvp.

Then they would have no reason to complain about the over gearing and we wouldn't have to see these end game lvl PVE people with the best non pvp gear getting bolstered up in expertise.... I mean if you have over 40k health as a PVE player... You should not get Bolster... I know it's near impossible or extremely hard to have that amount of health as a tank with full expertise pvp gear... So when I see a sniper or a healer with 40k health and 1900 expertise because of bolster... You can understand why the pvp community of this game gets upset and says your "pandering"

I understand you want people to be able to experience all parts of the game. But to expect and non pvp player to jump into lvl 55 pvp and be competitive is ridiculous. Besides the armor issue, I think you are also overlooking the fact that pvp skills are developed with time and what might work in PVE might not work in pvp or even be completely useless.

It's like these players that get to lvl 55 and decide to pvp for the first time and then complain they got smashed... Now we all have to put up with you guys pandering to these people because their first experience was bad and they are sad :(

On top of this, it makes for a lot of Argo because people don't understand the tactics, don't understand the different classes they are playing with and against and this leads to accusations of hacking, Rage quitting... By the time you are ready to pvp at lvl 55 you should know all that... Most proper pvp Players at lvl 55 don't need to be told tactics... They already know them... So it becomes frustrating to lose games because these "new" "bolstered" "PVE" players run around with heads cut off and then complain they got smashed

You mentioned that their "dues should not have to paid at the beginning of their pvp career"... Fair enough... So make them have a career before they get to 55... The dues are paid... Problem solved.

You have lost many good pvp people from the game because of this.

Will you be bringing back 8v8 Ranked Warzones?

We have no plans currently of bringing back 8v8 Ranked Warzones.

eric

Can't see why this is such a problem to implement? It was taken out of the game, I mean how hard is it to just re-enable it if that is what the community wants?

Lastly... Here are some extra ideas to take on board -

The medal system needs an overhaul to incentivise better team spirit instead of Death Match medal farmers... Ie someone who is camping the enemy line in Huttball in stealth to allow their team to pass to them will very rarely get any or many medals... But their role can be vital to their team winning... More medals should be included for passing and catching... Intercepting etc...

Lastly a you could post reminder on the screen to all players as the WZ is loading to give an MVP vote at the end... If they dont, they shouldn't get the benefits of any of the medals they collected during the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see why this is such a problem to implement? It was taken out of the game, I mean how hard is it to just re-enable it if that is what the community wants?

Lastly... Here are some extra ideas to take on board -

The medal system needs an overhaul to incentivise better team spirit instead of Death Match medal farmers... Ie someone who is camping the enemy line in Huttball in stealth to allow their team to pass to them will very rarely get any or many medals... But their role can be vital to their team winning... More medals should be included for passing and catching... Intercepting etc...

Lastly a you could post reminder on the screen to all players as the WZ is loading to give an MVP vote at the end... If they dont, they shouldn't get the benefits of any of the medals they collected during the match.

this is /signed , objective pvp is so much fun than arena , at least give some option so pvpers

for hutball yes the assist and also the goal should get the name shout like ABC is score!! , it show who score the game and thus deserve a medal or recognition

someone who is camping the enemy line in Huttball in stealth to allow their team to pass to them will very rarely get any or many medals... But their role can be vital to their team winning...

Bro, do you even Huttball? That guy is a leech, a cherry picker. He doesn't contribute at all. It's a waste of a player. Hide in the endzone and HOPE your team gets you the ball? Nope. Go help make it happen, then run ahead and receive the pass. Don't just sit there and whine you get no action nor medals. You deserve neither.

Bro, do you even Huttball? That guy is a leech, a cherry picker. He doesn't contribute at all. It's a waste of a player. Hide in the endzone and HOPE your team gets you the ball? Nope. Go help make it happen, then run ahead and receive the pass. Don't just sit there and whine you get no action nor medals. You deserve neither.

Actually I play a lot of Hutt Ball on all classes.

The stealth at the line allows your team to run the end zone pit instead of having to negotiate the fire traps on the ramps. So NO, stealth guys arent leeches. If he or she knows what they are doing they will also distract their respawns and keep some cc'd

This is called strategy!

If I see a stealth who is not a healer, not owning the ball respawn or guarding our line, but just running around in Hutt Ball farming medal dps, then I would consider this guy a leech.

Hutt Ball is a team effort, each class has a roll. A stealth is a specialty player who can give you the winning advantage by camping their line.

Of course if they stay there all match and your team never has the ball, they aren't good stealth players. They should have gone back to mid to get ball ownership.

The stealth at the line allows your team to run the end zone pit instead of having to negotiate the fire traps on the ramps. So NO, stealth guys arent leeches. If he or she knows what they are doing they will also distract their respawns and keep some cc'd

This is called strategy!

If I see a stealth who is not a healer, not owning the ball respawn or guarding our line, but just running around in Hutt Ball farming medal dps, then I would consider this guy a leech.

Hutt Ball is a team effort, each class has a roll. A stealth is a specialty player who can give you the winning advantage by camping their line.

Of course if they stay there all match and your team never has the ball, they aren't good stealth players. They should have gone back to mid to get ball ownership.

A *good* stealther will be active in the fight for the ball as well as supporting during the carry - then will disengage for the final pass. Phasewalk is great for this.

If your team is able to run the ball from mid to the pit with a man down, they were facerolling and would have won anyway. The stealther diddling himself in the endzone was a carry. Against any kind of organised defense that **** wouldn't fly.

A *good* stealther will be active in the fight for the ball as well as supporting during the carry - then will disengage for the final pass. Phasewalk is great for this.

If your team is able to run the ball from mid to the pit with a man down, they were facerolling and would have won anyway. The stealther diddling himself in the endzone was a carry. Against any kind of organised defense that **** wouldn't fly.

I don't pass to the stealther who was waiting all game.

I wait for him to come out of stealth [like an idiot], get jumped to, and jump to his attacker.

Free scoring medal for me!

I feel compelled to link this in the forums once again - http://traffic.libsyn.com/thegameque/RGOG_-_Mr_Stealth_In_the_Huttball_Endzone.mp3

This is called strategy!

And if your team cannot control or maintain possession long enough to reach passing range of the endzone, the stealther is useless--actually worse than useless because he occupies a spot that could otherwise be backfilled. It's one thing to wait a minute or two in the endzone stealthed when you have a reasonable expectation for your team to have possession long enough to actually pass it to you, but staying there when it becomes evident your team can't even get the ball is nothing more than afk leachery.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Plz minimum valor req for ranked.

Please no, stupid request. My scoundrel is not even valor 50. He is, last time I checked, 10/14 Brutalizer BiS with the rest as Obroan. Apparently that isn't supposed to be in ranked :rolleyes:

Please no, stupid request. My scoundrel is not even valor 50. He is, last time I checked, 10/14 Brutalizer BiS with the rest as Obroan. Apparently that isn't supposed to be in ranked :rolleyes:

(Enforcing a minimum valor requirement for yolo) makes it hard for people to roll a psidon imo. People like that kill yoloqs. I dont think anyone cares that u have a preorder account btw... ( this is a vague insult that plays on the fact that you are the "ultimate authority")

Edited by LeglessChair

You should post more about voice comm exploits...and premades...

I'm not really sure how voice comms can possibly be exploits.

It might seem straightforward, but an exploit is something which exploits something else. I'm not exactly sure what that is exploiting.

It makes it hard for people to roll a psidon imo. People like that kill yoloqs. I dont think anyone cares that u have a preorder account btw...

I'm not really sure which side you're supporting. As for the random comment, it's... yeah, it's random. GG bro.

Edited by idnewton

It might seem straightforward, but an exploit is something which exploits something else. I'm not exactly sure what that is exploiting.

Voip is not an exploit, but when groups use it in PvP they gain an advantage over solo players by doing so. Pistils just likes to give me a hard time for pointing that out to the people that use it.

Edited by Exly

I'm not really sure which side you're supporting. As for the random comment, it's... yeah, it's random. GG bro.

Try to think about what I said a tiny bit... if you are able to get a couple neurons firing

Nm I edited it so you dont have to strain yourself.

Edited by LeglessChair

And if your team cannot control or maintain possession long enough to reach passing range of the endzone, the stealther is useless--actually worse than useless because he occupies a spot that could otherwise be backfilled. It's one thing to wait a minute or two in the endzone stealthed when you have a reasonable expectation for your team to have possession long enough to actually pass it to you, but staying there when it becomes evident your team can't even get the ball is nothing more than afk leachery.

I did actually mention there at the end that the "player" would be bad if he stayed there and the team couldn't keep position... In that case he would need to move to mid... And yes I agree... If he did nothing all match he would be what you call a leach