Scoundrels/Operatives need to be gutted

Transairion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what? Please tell me that's a joke. No-energy scamper is already a serious buff to op healers in arenas, where there's no reason to chain more then 2 rolls together anyway.

At least they won't be able to get to the HB before I'm up the first ramp. #better?

Good operatives can be really REALLY painful, but with quick reflexes and practice you can learn to deal with them to a reasonable extent.

That said, when they remove the knockdown from hidden strike in 2.7 all but the best conc operatives are going to be fodder. That's a HUGE buff to mercs vs operatives.

Edited by Jherad

Specifically because as a Commando the amount of counterplay against a Scoundrel or Operative is practically nil.

Here's every single encounter I've ever had against a Scoundrel/Operative DPS:

- Get knocked on my *** from them from stealth losing 1/3 my health from the first blow

- Get up from that cc, manage to turn around and try and defend myself

- **** that, immediately cc me again (Resolve bar still hasn't filled) and attack from behind again

- Lose another 1/3 - 2/3's of my health from that, so I'm either close to dead or fully dead now

- Assuming I'm alive, as soon as that CC wears off I get CC'd AGAIN (?!?) and from there it's an easy oneshot

Balanced my *** if the entire "fight" is just chain cc and often I don't even get a single shot off because of it: that's not balance that's a slaughter. Using the stun breaker only gives them the chance to stun me again immediately after I use it, so I'm pretty much dead if I do, dead if I don't.

Also had another example yesterday where in Alderaan Civil War one, just ONE Scoundrel/Op was able to defend a turret all by themselves by spamming their cc from stealth, then simply walking around the turret platform throwing grenades despite LOS'ing them. And this was 2 v 1 with myself and a Vangaurd, and they were only scared off by a 3rd person jumping in... and did they die finally after that long of being attacked?

Course not, triple roll away and they're practically at the middle turret already healing to full health.

Whenever a Scoundrel/Operative attacks there's basically no gameplay and I have no idea how this is allowed to exist. Maybe it wouldn't be such an issue if Stealth Scan wasn't completely awful, but hey, nobody seems to want to improve that either...

I laughed so hard. If you are complaining about the healer I understand. About dps... L2P. Also, please buy gear from PvP vendors and not from Toys R Us so you do not lose "1/3" of your HP in one hit.

Edited by Ottoattack

Your wish will soon be granted OP. I mean, why not nerf the (already) most nerfed class in the game? Makes sense to me. No point in skipping a patch+nerfing now that they have held the title this long, eh?

Good operatives rip bad commandos a new one. Great commandos rip most operatives a new one.

I have both. I'm good on one but not the other. I have never felt more useless in PVP than I do now on my................commando.

But it's not really the commando. I know this because I've faced good commandos on my operative.

I roll....and I mean roll, average commandos when on my operative. I made my Concealment Operative when they originally got nerfed into the ground and were considered the worst in game. I flourished. Was my favorite character to play, by far. I became pretty adept at fightin out of stealth more than most ops do and that made me a much better op.

A really good commando rips me a new one most days. Sometimes I can sneak out a kill, but most times I gotta run to fight again later.

Ops pwn me on my commando. It's sad really. I even know what's coming but still take a whipping quite often.

It's not the characters fault I'm bad on him.....it's me.

I don't play my operative anymore, really. I was going to level a smuggler until I found out about the nerf to HS/SF. Not much point now. Looks like it's healer or fooked? Time will tell.

I play and like my Assassin now. He does much of what my op did, but better. A lot better.

.02 cents

Can't do any of those while cc'd.

Since they use Backblast(?) as a knockdown first they still have their AOE ranged stun so even if I Conc Charge immediately I'm just getting cc'd again.

wow. you were serious? I thought this was a troll thread. you eat the knockdown, which they can only do as an opener. then you break the next stun, spamming reactive shield or electro net between the two stuns if possible.

Wait, what? Please tell me that's a joke. No-energy scamper is already a serious buff to op healers in arenas, where there's no reason to chain more then 2 rolls together anyway.

how is that different from force speed breaking roots/snares and being free? 2 rolls = 1 force speed, imo. it's a balanced change. and the ability to spam roll in various WZs was broken (hb, nc). that said, the utter randomness or lack of matchmaking in regs makes every WZ a crapshoot in the broken comps dept.

Pretty sure that's been covered at this point.....

i mean pretty sure, tactics against concealment have been explained multiple times.... it is not like we are backstabbing bastards IRL....

yes now the spec hit hard, (which wasnt asked for ) but still if you can create a gap they are screwed.

srsly if i get electroneted i tend to be close to type /stuck, since it is kind of pointless from that point on.

but anyway this whole game becomes more and more pointlss..... it is all about learn2leave now

how is that different from force speed breaking roots/snares and being free? 2 rolls = 1 force speed, imo. it's a balanced change. and the ability to spam roll in various WZs was broken (hb, nc). that said, the utter randomness or lack of matchmaking in regs makes every WZ a crapshoot in the broken comps dept.

Seriously? Give Force Speed a 10s cd and 30% dodge increase, and then we can talk about them being equal. But mostly it's about taking the healer that already has the strongest energy management, and giving it an energy-free escape on a CD shorter then, afaik, *any* other gap closer or opener in the game.

Seriously? Give Force Speed a 10s cd and 30% dodge increase, and then we can talk about them being equal. But mostly it's about taking the healer that already has the strongest energy management, and giving it an energy-free escape on a CD shorter then, afaik, *any* other gap closer or opener in the game.

you're acting as if 2 free rolls on cd is MORE broken than unlimited roll spam with an energy cost. I could LITERALLY roll across NC or HB maps popping sneak out of stealth, rolling 2 times, running 1s and rolling 2 times again and also popping the energy regen cd. that's broken. that's absolutely, stupidly broken. limiting the roll to 2 consecutive and then putting it on a cd is fine. as a sage and a sin, I find I actually move farther with sprint that just 2 rolls (usually cuz the rolls get snared or simply in combat). and one of my sin specs used sprint as a breaker.