Now that smash is getting nerfed

TheCourier-

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annihilation spec needs to be buffed. It's needed to be buffed ever since patch 2.0. Annihilation spec needs more damage since the double relic glitch was repaired (which was causing its damage to look higher than it actually was), and it needs its self-healing back.

I'll cry for you when they add long very noticeable animation is added prior to your smash that lets everyone know an AOE is coming so they can get away.

Personally don't like dot specs. Take too long to kill things..the spec is flawed as far as PvP goes...it's all sustained. That works for stalemates. You can rack up tons of damage but you aren't killing much. Burst is where it is at, and the other two specs offer that. Edited by Devilk

Personally don't like dot specs. Take too long to kill things..the spec is flawed as far as PvP goes...it's all sustained. That works for stalemates. You can rack up tons of damage but you aren't killing much. Burst is where it is at, and the other two specs offer that.

Scold's team on Pot5 used a double dot team very effectively (lethality and madness). Pressure teams work MUCH better than burst teams. Almost every ranked 8 versus 8 team on Pot5 used pressure teams instead of burst. For arena, some teams use burst, some others use sustained.

Yep, I think anyone who understands in what kind of situation smash is will admit that the nerf is overkill...smash's single target dmg is pretty crappy despite the theory crafters who claim that its better than Carnage unless carnage lands its burst in the gore windows.

it is better - as every carnage attack outside of gore window (and blade storm/forcescream) does less dmg than its rage version and that simply is not definition of better singeltarget dps...

if your enemys effectivly deny your gore dmg und rage singeltarget dmg is crappy carnage dmg then suggs.

it is better - as every carnage attack outside of gore window (and blade storm/forcescream) does less dmg than its rage version and that simply is not definition of better singeltarget dps...

if your enemys effectivly deny your gore dmg und rage singeltarget dmg is crappy carnage dmg then suggs.

Well, the damage outside the Gore Window is not incredibly relevant for burst. Just for maintaining long term pressure. That would be like saying Focus/Rage damage is pretty crappy if you don't use Sweep/Smash.

Within their respective burst phases, Combat far, far outperforms Focus spec damage. Even in worst case scenario I can get off much more single-target burst with Combat than I can with best-case scenario Focus.

If we had some anti-kiting utility that would be awesome, however that alone is not enough as something needs to be done with the dots. If we get these two it will suddenly become much more viable pressure tool.

You mean they can't deny that it IS overkill right?

That's not a problem, cyclone/sweeping slash ftw.

Sweeping slash's damage is via a cone while smash is 360!

Edited by znihilist

Well, the damage outside the Gore Window is not incredibly relevant for burst. Just for maintaining long term pressure. That would be like saying Focus/Rage damage is pretty crappy if you don't use Sweep/Smash.

Within their respective burst phases, Combat far, far outperforms Focus spec damage. Even in worst case scenario I can get off much more single-target burst with Combat than I can with best-case scenario Focus.

feel free to explain me how you will do a bigger burst while every attack you have does less dmg than its rage/focus counterpart without gore...

i do agree with gore carnage/combat burst is outragous, without your dmg and thus your burst is lower than rage/focus.

feel free to explain me how you will do a bigger burst while every attack you have does less dmg than its rage/focus counterpart without gore...

i do agree with gore carnage/combat burst is outragous, without your dmg and thus your burst is lower than rage/focus.

Gore is up a lot on Carnage - more than 5 secs every 15. Also, Ataru form and random dispatches. Read up on it.

Annihilation spec needs to be buffed. It's needed to be buffed ever since patch 2.0. Annihilation spec needs more damage since the double relic glitch was repaired (which was causing its damage to look higher than it actually was), and it needs its self-healing back.

definitely should not get BOTH dmg and heal buff, but I think either is reasonable.

Because, my auto-crit scream hits for a ******** more than yours and is up every 9 seconds? Because I have an alacrity buff so I can spam massacre a lot more than you and thus easily out DPS you if you're spamming Vicious Slash? Because Massacre has a built in 30% surge that Vicious Slash doesn't have? Because I can use Vicious Throws that build 1 rage before execute phases? Because I can proc Ataru Strikes off any melee attack even when I'm not spamming Massacre? Need some more? :)

Edited by Tevzz

Burst is not overall damage. Burst is the highest amount of damage within the shortest period of time. Combat has huge burst within Precision windows, just like Focus has high (but not Combat-style huge) burst when they have Felling Blow and Singularity up. Both can be achieved roughly every 8-12 seconds, so Combat which delivers a much larger punch within it's window clearly has much higher burst.

I don't even see the point of comparing "burst" when it's not in the burst window.

Also, even outside the precision windows. Combat has the ability to randomly throw a dispatch on a guy who's not in execute range. That's more than enough to cover up the tiny crit and armor pen increase that Focus gets.

Edited by EzioMessi

It definitely should get both back.

because changing 2 variables at the same time (dmg, healing/utility) is always the better than testing the effect that ONE significant change has before moving onto others...

yep. you'd fit in quite well at BW. :(

don't get me wrong, I don't understand why they buffed regen/resource management AND dmg on scrapper at the same time either. but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that multiple sweeping changes is NOT the best way to go about this.

Please, do enlighten me in which way.

Your nerfs are completely warranted. As they should be. This has been going on for far too long already.

I just gave up on thinking Bioware would ever be bothered to actually do anything about it.

Glad to see I can be wrong from time to time.

Autocrit nerf (as in autocrit affecting only 1 target) should have been enough. Smash requiring a target to activate is utterly unnecessary, as well.

Autocrit nerf (as in autocrit affecting only 1 target) should have been enough. Smash requiring a target to activate is utterly unnecessary, as well.

autocrit on targeted player is possibly what they're going for, and maybe they had trouble coding that? I'm grasping at straws here, but the problem is pretty apparent: the smash doesn't just burst down intended target, but it cleaves every other melee with just as much a chance to do as much dmg as the intended target.

solution: make that hard hit only apply to targeted player. (good)

problem: we don't know how to do this without requiring a target every time the abil is activated (bad).

anyway, that's the dev convo as I envision it. :D

This completely guts that specs utility...it when from great AoE to sub par single target dps on classes with out a debuff to AoE or in a bubble.

That's why it should retain at least Singularity on off-targets.

Personally I think singularity should only apply to the main target and the auto crit stays on the off targets. Make singularity a debuff on the enemy instead of a buff on the player. Of course this would only be good for pvp as again based on the notes they clearly want the spec to remain unchanged for pve.

Personally I think singularity should only apply to the main target and the auto crit stays on the off targets. Make singularity a debuff on the enemy instead of a buff on the player. Of course this would only be good for pvp as again based on the notes they clearly want the spec to remain unchanged for pve.

Makes no difference to me. Either Singularity, or Autocrit had to go on non-main targets - but not both.

Edited by Helig

Makes no difference to me. Either Singularity, or Autocrit had to go on non-main targets - but not both.

The auto crit should of stayed to keep the spec meaningful in pvp. The entire point of the spec was to put pressure on healers and especially heal/tank combos. Without singularity smash hits for around 4k which I think is reasonable. Reality is though I think BW just couldn't figure out how to change rage for pvp while leaving it the same for pve so they just nuked it. This is what happens when you only have interns developing your "AAA" title.

The auto crit should of stayed to keep the spec meaningful in pvp. The entire point of the spec was to put pressure on healers and especially heal/tank combos. Without singularity smash hits for around 4k which I think is reasonable. Reality is though I think BW just couldn't figure out how to change rage for pvp while leaving it the same for pve so they just nuked it. This is what happens when you only have interns developing your "AAA" title.

it's pretty much the same. Full Singularity is +100% damage, Focus/Rage Force crit is +99%. But losing both renders Smash a pretty much gimped single target spec.

And yes, I'm somewhat concerned about guarded healers rising in prominence, now that their main counter is destroyed. But then again, Sabo/Engi provides arseloads of aggro (albeit not as convenient as Smash), and AP/Tactics isn't too bad, even without Ion Cell.