Aces?

Argonloris

Red Eclipse

It pains me to see that quitters are on that list but some great team players are missing:

Quickblast (or was it Quickblow? Defenetly something with quick). He's always covering the ones capping the nodes.

P'uc. The only bomber I have ever met who is using the ammo refill option.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Eclipse

It pains me to see that quitters are on that list but some great team players are missing:

Quickblast (or was it Quickblow? Defenetly something with quick). He's always covering the ones capping the nodes.

"Quick_something" was actually posting right before you in this same thread ;)

Red Eclipse

LOL? He is good at 2 things. Boosting to the capital ship and playong 4 man premades but beyond that? Mediocre at best.

But then, that seems to be the criteria for being an "Ace". How fast you can run to your capital ship.

Edited by Jandi

The Red Eclipse[/size]

Republic: Mundo, Jasa, Chipmonk, My'la, Ogrin, Ootriclone, Bavionix, Tilla, Urteon, MAverick, Makk, Llamaeight, Saandrig, Naughtyxx, Alema, Ilmarinen

Imperial: Ghostwatch, Gambyt, Hyman, Mbwun, Soep, Tulinof, Taajinator, Zahara, Stan-Russian, Morpheo, Jovi'juan, Jamos

Unknown: Ideo, Grzmonster, Suruse, Tillia,

Unknown:

I do not want to nit-pick but I am pretty sure that I do not have a character named Bavionix :D

I think Suruse and Tillia are from imperial side but can not remember for sure so a confirmation from that side would be better.

For "Ace criteria" everyone can have different opinions. In my opinion if you can act as a force multiplier to carry a few new / inexperienced / space tauntaun pilots in your team and fly all ship classes in a non-terrible way you will definitely be noticed by the community.

Being a good sport both to your own and enemy team would be a nice bonus as well .

........at least when your own team is not acting in a way to fill you with enough rage to fuel a whole operation of smashing marauders:o

Edited by Davionix

for one thing i dont hang around capital ships EVER,

2nd i never play in premades, im a solo pug sign up each and every match 99% of time unless i team up with a new commer to help them.

if im average at best why is EVERY game im top 3 damage, objectives, assists etc, no matter how bad my team is im always up there and in the mix lol and my records are just short of making the top 5 thread for all servers.

As for the other post, i use quickblast / quickblow on empire side, and on rep side use quickblasts and quickslam.

The person you're quoting was talking about P'uc I believe.

I have nothing against premades, 99% of the time I also solo queue. However I doubt that person was talking about you.

I would say 6/1 kill death ratio if you want to go by the historical ace requirements of 5 kills. But I also wouldn't decide on aces until there was a solo que and a group que. a gunship who gets 25 kills in a match because he has 3 buddies running bait and interference for him against a bunch of 2 ship noobs isn't exactly ace material, if he can do it against other groups then fine.

Yeah, you can't really use a kill-to-death ratio because matches are often so uneven. And often so consistently uneven because of server faction domination.

I mean if a TDM ends up 50-8 and you got all 8 kills for your side and 4 deaths, chances are you're pretty darned good. And yet you'll have a worse Kill-to-Death ratio than an average level player on the other side.

There's also a difference between playing for kill-to-death ratio and playing to win (especially in Domination). I've seen guys with 20+ kills in Domination and their side lost because he was not battling for sats and instead just picking people off when they got too close to his sitting place within running distance of his cap ship.

Edited by ptwonline

The person you're quoting was talking about P'uc I believe.

I have nothing against premades, 99% of the time I also solo queue. However I doubt that person was talking about you.

I was, don't think I've ever played with anyone named Quick anything or at the very least, neve rnoticed anyone with that name. :D

yeah I misread one of the posts and realised just after I replied. so my bad :)

don't worry youll remember me when ever we meet :)

Don't be so sure. The only reaosn I recall Maverick is cause he finished off so many of my targets in one game and P'uc cause I chase him so often to his beloved capital ship every game he is in.

Most of the best GSF players from Shadowlands seem to have disappeared. Not sure if they left for another server or just got bored.

Anyway, I did see one of the true aces again the other day: Xi'ao, Imperial side. You can see him a few times in the "GSF Records" thread. He seems to casually get 20 kills/match.

Though I won't take the title of "Ace" myself, I did want to comment on Shadowlands. About a week before 2.6 dropped the GSF matches on Shadowlands were great. Preferred Status players had just about caught up to the big head start that subs got, and matches during prime time were exciting and close. The official launch and inclusion of f2p players threw that (I would hope temporarily) out of balance. Personally once I knock out my GSF daily I've been farming rep for my legacy title in the new KDY fp. I am hoping that as the f2p players gear up and gain experience the matches will be more balanced again.

Since Shadowlands does not have much representation here is a list of some of the best I have seen.

Republic- firestar, kaydens, razkon, romax, koya, straya, thrishe, the Rogues, bodycount (some might be misspelled)

Imperial- Xi'oa, whill, hussar, toddy

I have played alts on both sides and I will say playing with these folks is great and playing against them is a pain.

Mintas

Edited by Mintas

Though I won't take the title of "Ace" myself, I did want to comment on Shadowlands. About a week before 2.6 dropped the GSF matches on Shadowlands were great. Preferred Status players had just about caught up to the big head start that subs got, and matches during prime time were exciting and close. The official launch and inclusion of f2p players threw that (I would hope temporarily) out of balance. Personally once I knock out my GSF daily I've been farming rep for my legacy title in the new KDY fp. I am hoping that as the f2p players gear up and gain experience the matches will be more balanced again.

The first month was horrible on Shadowlands because of the dominance of a couple of Republic premades that were on ALL THE TIME.

Since January I don't think I've seen them anymore, which is why I thought they transferred. A lot of the damage had been done though, and Imp players that should have been the vets quit or left. So there is still an imbalance, but it's a lot better now. I've even had a couple of Imp vs Imp wargames, and Imps can beat Repubs a reasoanble (if still less than 50%) amout of the time.

Since Shadowlands does not have much representation here is a list of some of the best I have seen.

Republic- firestar, kaydens, razkon, romax, koya, straya, thrishe, the Rogues, bodycount (some might be misspelled)

Imperial- Xi'oa, whill, hussar, toddy

I have played alts on both sides and I will say playing with these folks is great and playing against them is a pain.

Mintas

I don't really keep track much of individual aces, but of course I have noticed the "Rogues". IMO their quality varies quite a bit. A couple i saw were quite good, some were good, but a lot were what I would only consider average. I had no issues blowing them up quite a bit. I consider myself a good player, not an ace, and on average I am in the top third of total scoreboards.

More very good players on Shadowlands that haven't been mentioned yet in this really long thread (note I only play Imperial and not all times during the day, so I'm likely missing many):

Imperial side: Lormaru, Nefaro, Nurul, Traverse, Arc-a

Pub side: Visas, Tymme, Kantner, Holyweapon (from a long time ago, maybe he quit?)

These guys always do well enough to pass the traditional 5:1 test for ace, and I'm quite happy to sit on them in any match to let the newbies have a chance.

Also, on Shadowlands, the faction balance has dramatically improved since the bad-old days in late December/early Jan, when the imperial side was getting rolled continuously by a few Pub premades. I'm a pretty good player and only just managed to break even in w/l back then. Since 2.6, F2P launch, and deathmatch, I can count on my fingers how many matches I've lost.

I don't see a lot of the usual Pub names on as much post 2.6, but I've been playing later than I used to. I for one would love to get a crack at Visas' scout post evasion nerf :)

Best pilots on Shadowlands are Ilsilud and Zonri for pub side, and I'd say Ajora, Kassk, Lormaru and Xiao on imp side.

That said, the best pubs are easily better than the best imps. On Shadowlands, anyway :)

Maybe in average quality, just because there are more veteran pub players than veteran imps. I haven't played with Ajora or Kassk before, but I'd take Lormaru and two other Imps off my list and happily go against any pub team you care to mention.

Glad to see JC represented so well. A lot of good names up on the list...

I would nominate Levv for the imperial side.....I have been dusted many times at the end of those cannons. Whenever I get a match with imperials and that name is in the column I know we are in for a match.

Lepton! Hardly ever see you on anymore, but I did see you the other night in a match with Levv. ;)

Just to note, Levv is the pub Levvix's Imperial alter ego. Doesn't really matter, but I do think we should maybe start to cut the people down to 1 nomination, and maybe just list known aliases? Would keep the lists from getting too long, but I'm not the one who has to maintain the list.

Maybe in average quality, just because there are more veteran pub players than veteran imps. I haven't played with Ajora or Kassk before, but I'd take Lormaru and two other Imps off my list and happily go against any pub team you care to mention.

hardly average :rak_03: I'm not going to list my accolades to be considered an ace, I'll save that for another thread, but I'd gladly fly against you're imp team any day, and by any day, I mean sunday - wednesday.

It is nice to see the quality of imp players improve. It was real bad there for way too long. Whose your toon? Would you consider yourself an Ace?

-Ilsilud

(Ajora)

Got some more aces for Ebon Hawk!

Kantherian ®, Hanak ®, Ellscari ®, Kamie (E), Knickers (E), Xenthos ®, Viciousdrake (E), Cynfor (E), Ashendelle ®, and round it out with Gerrik ®.

Edit: Also, Cardnylsin ® isn't one of ours. He's POT5.

Double Edit: Actually, everybody after Balor is POT5.

Edited by QuinMantha

Few more players from The Shadowlands that deserve to be considered:

Pub side: Cym'baline, Pexi, Drewbacca, Baerroth, Mintas, Kay'léé

Imp side: Toddy, Re-d (Used to be Redheaded), Retsigam, Eskimo'callboy, Gööse.

I know there are more pubs out there that actually make me want to kill them but cant remember names. Also thanks for the mention :p

Edit: added 1 more pub

Edited by AAntan