Aces?

Argonloris

Pfffff... in The Red Eclipse there's a lot of good players on both sides, let me think...

REP: My'la, Ogrin, Ootriclone, Davionix, Tillia, Urteon, Maverick, Makk... sorry if i forgot any of you.

IMP: Soep, Taajinator, Zahara, Mbwun, Stan-russian, Tulinof... and again, i'm sure that i forgot a lot of you.

Nice to get a shout out, thanks for that! I'm obviously making enough of a nuisance of myself in my strike :p

Rep side I'd add saandrig, llamaeight and alema

Imp side definitely jovi'juan is one I look out for and morpheo (but not seen him/her in a while)

For me I still love GSF when not raiding it's where I'll be either solo queued or with llama and alema. Always happy to group with people if we're not full, the more the merrier n all that

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have.

Sleeth.

Other aces? There are so many on Harbinger...um...

Lendul

Jokur

Donna'lynn

Poogles

Force'skyn (spelling may be off, I am usually running...)

T'zeal

Touchdown (Everytime this guy kills something, I yell TOUCHDOWN! even if it's me being turned into space junk.)

Pil

Enemie

Nôx

Greenbay

You might have a few people in this list twice. Not gonna take away anyone's privacy, but at least three people are on your list as both their Republic and Imperial toons ;) guess they made the list for a reason!

A lot of the Harbinger aces seem to fly midday, hence why some people may fly on the same server and not recognize their names...

Woah, thanks both of you, Tillia & Ilmarinen (sorry for forget you in my list!). I'm not think about myself as a good player, need to improve a lot to play on the same rep gunship level, but i'll always try to do my best.

About Morpheo, it's all about his work, usually he plays later night (23:30 London hour) after we finish our raid time.

See you in the space! :D

Forgetting the guy that ends 90%+ of his games top score by a factor of 2+ and has taken out half an imp team solo, simultaneously :p But yeah, Grunty is pretty good and the few times I've seen Udezak he seemed pretty good. It's rare to find someone who poses any challenge so I like seeing them in the opposite team in a pub vs pub match :)

Yeah, I forgot to mention Riceball. He is Imp though. He terrorized me many times when playing on Pub side.

Jedi Covenant

Republic Elite Fliers

Grunty

Udezak

Battledress

Lots more that are great, but not as elite. There are many up and comers. These three have been consistent since November.

Imp Side I do not remember the names except for one:

Eichman

I had not seen him in a while but flew with him the other day.

I fly Dinkeria/Dinkerus on Imp/Pub and am middle of the pack dog fighter, which means cannon fodder for these fliers listed above.

This is Eichman/Avidity Imp/Pub thank you for the shout out. Grunty is a great person to dogfight, even tho he chases me down after I kill him.. Well who can blame him

Udezak and minidress are not that good by themselves. running in pre-made has huge advantages, especially if you have voice.

Udezak hope you not still hurting from that beating I gave you! <3

This is Eichman/Avidity Imp/Pub thank you for the shout out. Grunty is a great person to dogfight, even tho he chases me down after I kill him.. Well who can blame him

Udezak and minidress are not that good by themselves. running in pre-made has huge advantages, especially if you have voice.

Udezak hope you not still hurting from that beating I gave you! <3

Deflate ur head a bit bro. Udezak is a damn good player imo. and minidress? I assume you're just butthurt and poking fun at Battledress? let's keep this an uplifting thread, shall we? Got beef? Take it out in a deathmatch.

Deflate ur head a bit bro. Udezak is a damn good player imo. and minidress? I assume you're just butthurt and poking fun at Battledress? let's keep this an uplifting thread, shall we? Got beef? Take it out in a deathmatch.

I have and i wreck Udezack and dressboy allt he time...lol hwo are you...ill 1 on 1 you anytime u want

No need to start a pissing contest bro. Besides, if you can't tell who I am, then I don't know what to tell you.

iscanu fanboy? idk man...im just horsing around. it is only a video game, and i am friendly with most people pub and imp side, so if u cant take a little sportsmanlike taunting then u have serious:cool: problems.

Rules: you can't nominate yourself.

you can't nominate a member of your guild just because they are in your guild

this is not a thread to insult other players. It is to commend them on skillful gameplay

Nominate players from either side. Want to know who to look out for when playing

The 3rd line was meant as a catch all but it seems it was unclear to some. This is not meant as a thread to call people out or talk about how you managed to down a nominated ace. Congratulate the players you believe have skill and leave the rest alone. If you disagree with another's nomination please keep it to yourself. We all judge aces by our own criteria and one may not match the other.

My intention for creating this thread was to give credit to skilled players. I don't want to see moderators put a stop to it because of insults to others.

food for thought:

This is not an attempt to invalidate anyone's nomination, but for me to call someone an ace they have to be good flying at least 3 different classes of ships (preferably all of them, but hey we pilots should be allowed some freedom).

There are a lot of good single class pilots, as evidenced by this thread. I think it is much more rare to find pilots who are good at several, and these players are more dangerous since they can switch around to find what class is needed most.

My advice to those placing nominations is to keep that in mind, true aces can light you up no matter what they fly (IMO of course)

and to that point I am getting a list of Bastion aces together, were underrepresented on the forums which is funny, GSF is super active on our sever (were all probably too busy playing GSF lol) and there are a lot of really great pilots.

Agreed to a point, but I get where he's coming from. I've flown a ton on JC, 90% imp, and have faced Udezak...I don't even know, countless times. Dude wrecks me on a daily basis. I celebrate the small handful of victories I've had over him. He is definitely good and deserves mention in this thread.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen him outside of a premade (which includes a few of the other nominated names). While I'm sure he'd still be good in a true pug, I agree with that poster that his performance would certainly suffer at least a little.

On the Bastion

Imperial

Anastasie

Razan

Drakolich

Naveh

Republic

Jennipher

Zaken

Kirky

There are actually more ace I can think of but these are the one I feel among the most outstanding/undefeateable. However, I rarely seen these pub ace since the 2.6 update.

Argonloris, Thank you for creating and keep track on such great post!

food for thought:

This is not an attempt to invalidate anyone's nomination, but for me to call someone an ace they have to be good flying at least 3 different classes of ships (preferably all of them, but hey we pilots should be allowed some freedom).

There are a lot of good single class pilots, as evidenced by this thread. I think it is much more rare to find pilots who are good at several, and these players are more dangerous since they can switch around to find what class is needed most.

My advice to those placing nominations is to keep that in mind, true aces can light you up no matter what they fly (IMO of course)

But two of the ship classes are boring.

An ace will light you up no matter what he's flying. In a lot of cases, an ace simply doesn't need to switch ships -- and he won't willingly do so unless he's playing a new ship and losing, because it's simply not worth dying for.

An ace will light you up no matter what he's flying. In a lot of cases, an ace simply doesn't need to switch ships -- and he won't willingly do so unless he's playing a new ship and losing, because it's simply not worth dying for.

Agreed. I quit playing my maxed quarrel a long time ago and have no intention of even trying the bombers.

I want to zoom around and shoot stuff with lasers and missiles and only 1/2 of the available ship classes can do that.

Agree to disagree, I am deadly in a scout but I feel like a one trick pony when thats all I use, so I esteem to be a better pilot learning how to play different classes well so I understand how to kill them better in my scout =) Its worked pretty well so far. When im flying a Strike or GS and someone starts to follow me around, I immediately switch to the scout to back them off again.

Also not every ship is an option in every game. Certain situations require pilots to be versatile, ive seen quite a few matches where a quick change has saved the match.

- Pincer

Edited by DamascusAdontise

Agree to disagree, I am damn deadly in a scout but I feel like a cheap one trick pony when thats all I use, so I esteem to be a better pilot learning how to play different classes well so I understand how to kill them better in my scout =) Its worked pretty well so far, people get a big head when they kill me in a strike or gs, then i load up the scout and show em my true colors =)

- Pincer

How is playing one of the only ship roles that actually flies make you feel like a one trick pony? I can see testing yourself by flying a strike fighter without spamming missiles but as far as the other two I just don't see the skill in holding the cursor on someone at 12km or choosing where to drop mines and turrets then hide.

removing this, im sidetracking the post by being picky and this one doesnt deserve it. Ace is whatever you want it to be =)

I dont consider bombers aceworthy tho, there can be an ace who flies a bomber but no bomber ace! lol

Bastion Imperial Aces:

Drakolich

Anastasie

Bettyknight

Drellion

Perceptive

Naveh

Purple

Starbird

Talonz

Viasz

Xiayou

Lightzer

Mabeobsa

Uncle

Tesla-Coil

Graventhal

Theres more but im not sure who is alts of who (ill have to do some checking) but these are some of the best people I have flown with.

Ill have to check some screens for the pubie aces on Bastion, there are some but I honestly dont see them much ne more. Some of the above people swing over to pub side nowadays and help them lay the smack down, so some of the same names would be for both sides =/

Edited by DamascusAdontise

Noticed on Harbinger that there were a few really good players on both sides. Figured I would ask people who they thought the Aces were.

Rules: you can't nominate yourself.

you can't nominate a member of your guild just because they are in your guild

this is not a thread to insult other players. It is to commend them on skillful gameplay

Nominate players from either side. Want to know who to look out for when playing

US Servers

The Bastion

Republic:

Imperial:

Unknown: Anastisie

Begeren Colony

Republic: Klehitt

Imperial: Seiei

Unknown:

The Harbinger

Republic: Willie, Aerielle

Imperial: Touchdown

Unknown: Sleeth, Myx'on, Drall'xus, Maxxmillian, Saeson, Lydocia, Greenbay, Lendul, Cobitza, Aerialz, Force'skinn, Snooogins, Enemie, Jokur, Donna'lynn, Poogles, T'zeal, Pil, Nôx

The Shadowlands

Republic:

Imperial:

Unknown:

Jung Ma

Republic:

Imperial:

Unknown: Satele, Alex, Jaxin, Rumina, Phaleg, Mas, Khraam,Tsukuyomi,Aloriana, Shadehawk

The Ebon Hawk

Republic: Phil, Courtney, Irialle, Large, Kivkorma, Andern, Highjinks, Balon, Jon-ik, Baelyn-tael

Imperial:

Unknown: Nailin, Ded'i, Shayd, Delphi, Rainous, Itkovian, Ko'shii, Kym, Andern, Liantra, Gis'ella, Siddain, Grixx, Balor, Kerem

Prophecy of the Five

Republic: Andregard, Molva, Devildog, Swordsaint, Trith, Lytewraith, Seare, Odinar, Solstice, Akcufahtum, Buzz-killington

Imperial:

Unknown: Scrab,Is'pep, Kegger, Keeneye

Jedi Covenant

Republic: Udezak, Pearl, Micsion'verra, Arraton, Sound, levvix, Battledress

Imperial: Dhatlee, Darkspice, Ceylon, Kazden, Graendahl, Jaheesh, Heidyn, Eichman, I'llScanYou, Riceball

Unknown: Fanteen, I-Toon

EU Servers:

I'll get these up soon I promise.

JC Imp side. No love for Eichman, Chitterling, Bountydog or Snakepliskin?

Edited by HoloGrinder

removing this, im sidetracking the post by being picky and this one doesnt deserve it. Ace is whatever you want it to be =)

I dont consider bombers aceworthy tho, there can be an ace who flies a bomber but no bomber ace! lol

Bastion Imperial Aces:

Drakolich

Anastasie

Bettyknight

Drellion

Perceptive

Naveh

Purple

Starbird

Talonz

Viasz

Xiayou

Lightzer

Mabeobsa

Uncle

Tesla-Coil

Graventhal

Theres more but im not sure who is alts of who (ill have to do some checking) but these are some of the best people I have flown with.

Ill have to check some screens for the pubie aces on Bastion, there are some but I honestly dont see them much ne more. Some of the above people swing over to pub side nowadays and help them lay the smack down, so some of the same names would be for both sides =/

Couple for Pub off the top of my head Viisas and fieldsurgeon that still play from time to time. It is a bit sparce as far as i can tell. I think Purple-font and Wiz also still play but I am always on at night so not seeing them around much and I can never get Jennipher to que with me any more he is just tired of it. Of course the ones that you named their on their Pubs are fun to play with. Like Drak on Drak or Anastasie on Phytia.