Aces?

Argonloris

I wouldn't care about it ...

I think this thread is more about praising pilots we think are good, not bashing and calling out people. Just look at the names and acknowledge the good players if you want. If you see someone who you think shouldn't be on the list, fine, it's not anything official. Take it for what it's worth. It's poor taste to negatively call someone out by name even if your comment is true.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should know that Donnie never comes and asks for premade. He goes solo most of the time on Rep side, just when someone meets him and asks him to group up, he will.

And no, I am neither of the guys you mentioned, but I assure you that I do on par or even better than some of them. (especially when playing solo so they don't steal my objectives :D)

I wouldn't care about it (since I'm playing both sides, but Republic rarely), but when you see such behaviour you don't want to be in one group with such person. Ignore option isn't working for GSF so even if you don't want to, you will be grouped with "traitor".

lolwut

So because he's a good pilot that plays both sides, you don't want to play with him?

So you're deliberately trying to fly with worse teams because of... what? Some misguided notion that because he plays with you, he can't play against you? That's not how the world works. Take a look at the US Olympic hockey team for one example. Take a look at any other competitive environment for another.

Sometimes you play against good pilots, sometimes you play against bad pilots. Sometimes you play against people you've never heard of, sometimes you play against people you usually play with.

I don't see why you would care any more about flying against Donnie than literally anyone else on the pub side list.

I hope I explained it decently?

Nope.

It's poor taste to negatively call someone out by name even if your comment is true.

Someone asked - I answered. Looks like it wasn't neccessary because this guy didn't even read it. (as you can see in his response).

You should know that Donnie never comes and asks for premade. He goes solo most of the time on Rep side, just when someone meets him and asks him to group up, he will.

That is "the" problem - he's got opinion of "good" player and every time I engage him on opposite side he's in premade. And EVERY time he's countering our tactics which he could read/listen/observe while playing with us in one group. I wouldn't mind if he would do it by himself, but always someone else is doing it with him. I could do the same, just log my Rep alt, group with their "Aces" (and thanks to my results on that alt it wouldn't be a problem), play few games and then come back to Imps and tell everything I saw. But I won't. I preffer fair play, unlike majority of the players.

<Armonddd>

You should learn to read, sir. I won't write same sentences twice. If you didn't understand - oh well. I think I can live with that.

Edited by AchtAcht

You should learn to read, sir. I won't write same sentences twice. If you didn't understand - oh well. I think I can live with that.

I read everything you said. It came out to "omg he's playing on their side of the playground -- let's not let him play on our side of the playground anymore".

I blame the devs for following the trend of arbitrary faction divides in MMOs. Of course, that's hard to get around in a star wars game, but this is a very predictable result.

I hesitate to call people who play both sides 'traitors"

Red Mist Fighter Wing on Bastion plays both sides, this is especially important on our server since Republic population for GSF is lower than their Imperial counterparts (most days). Playing against people who know you well is a different experience. Honestly though some of the best games ive ever played have been against friends and wingmates (super competitive games that always finish 49-50 or close in dom)

Since these people know you the usual tricks wont work, you are forced out of your comfort zone and into tactics that are either better or something they haven't seen. When you play against friends you have to really be on top of your game, and I think this forces us to be better players.

And yeah ive gotten frustrated taking my licks, especially when they focus me and I end up with an even K/D or worse. But in the end you have to realize that if your friends single you out, take it as a compliment, because then they figured you were such a threat you had to be removed from the game entirely. (come on you know you do this to other good pilots that you don't know personally)

Don't take the losses so hard, look at the tough games vs friends as a chance to become a better pilot and maybe learn something you didn't know. If you close off your mind and get mad then your just wasting your time =) Nothing wrong with playing both sides, especially if one side is short or devoid of groups. No fun stomping new pilots all day right?

I hesitate to call people who play both sides 'traitors"

Red Mist Fighter Wing on Bastion plays both sides, this is especially important on our server since Republic population for GSF is lower than their Imperial counterparts (most days). Playing against people who know you well is a different experience. Honestly though some of the best games ive ever played have been against friends and wingmates (super competitive games that always finish 49-50 or close in dom)

Since these people know you the usual tricks wont work, you are forced out of your comfort zone and into tactics that are either better or something they haven't seen. When you play against friends you have to really be on top of your game, and I think this forces us to be better players.

And yeah ive gotten frustrated taking my licks, especially when they focus me and I end up with an even K/D or worse. But in the end you have to realize that if your friends single you out, take it as a compliment, because then they figured you were such a threat you had to be removed from the game entirely. (come on you know you do this to other good pilots that you don't know personally)

Don't take the losses so hard, look at the tough games vs friends as a chance to become a better pilot and maybe learn something you didn't know. If you close off your mind and get mad then your just wasting your time =) Nothing wrong with playing both sides, especially if one side is short or devoid of groups. No fun stomping new pilots all day right?

Dont know how many times i have sat in Mumble with you guys while Imp vs pub yucking it up over blowing each other to bits :D

I read everything you said. It came out to "omg he's playing on their side of the playground -- let's not let him play on our side of the playground anymore".

No. It's "he's selling our very own tactics to the opposite team and exploiting it to win." If he would stay shut, there wouldn't be any problem. Acting as "mate" and then hunting down only ex-groupmates with different people is just wrong.

No. It's "he's selling our very own tactics to the opposite team and exploiting it to win." If he would stay shut, there wouldn't be any problem. Acting as "mate" and then hunting down only ex-groupmates with different people is just wrong.

What kind of secret tactics are you guys doing over there? I didn't realize there was one defined way to win matches in starfighter. If you know someone has an idea of what your game plan is, switch up your game plan.

so next time when he group u cheat him with fake tactic. Then when he switch sides & sell it to your enemy do totally oposite tac & u got insta win:P

simple as... u know what. treachery was allways important part in art of war, live with it.

Edited by prokonto

Another for Sleeth.

Willie/Evilwillie + Myx'on/Myx'an

Ran into these guys last night and got some kills on both (looked like they had a third with them named Thiol/Thyol?). It's tough to tell how good each would be solo though because they always work together as a team so if you take them on its 2v1.

In the next match I faced them again and they focused me hard and I finished poorly, like 1-4-4.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

"selling" and "tactics" are words that are badly used there.

As I said before, he barely talks with us. Also, I saw him mention that when the games get "too easy" he switches sides. And I experienced him doing just that. If you are mad that a decent bomber pilot leaves your group after 3 rounds of enemy slaughter, to toughen up the opposition a bit, you might have an issue there.

I actually view that as somehow cool behavior.

And to the "tactics" part... I don't know how complicated plans you prepare on the Imperial side, but in practice it is always the "A & B, leave C" for Domination and "stick together" for TDM. The most advanced tactics I saw (on any side) were two gunships cooperating. And honestly all these tactics can be 1) made in 1 mintue before match starts, and 2) discovered by enemy in 1 minute after match starts.

Ran into these guys last night and got some kills on both (looked like they had a third with them named Thiol/Thyol?). It's tough to tell how good each would be solo though because they always work together as a team so if you take them on its 2v1.

In the next match I faced them again and they focused me hard and I finished poorly, like 1-4-4.

I've flown with both and against Willie. They are good pilots. I was in a TDM with Evilwillie and I got focused hard but he was able to get top kills (we still lost) and I think he was solo queued. I saw Sleeth as a teammate in a domination match. He got focused hard with 2+ always chasing him around. He was still top 3 in kills and we won.

What kind of secret tactics are you guys doing over there? I didn't realize there was one defined way to win matches in starfighter. If you know someone has an idea of what your game plan is, switch up your game plan.

This. Unless you've discovered some brilliant super-secret strategy to assure victory, then this guy isn't "selling" anything to anyone.

This. Unless you've discovered some brilliant super-secret strategy to assure victory, then this guy isn't "selling" anything to anyone.

It's called the jailbait tactic.

You sit at your capital ship and do nothing.

It's the height of tactical genius I tell you.

About the Progenitor...

I don't think anyone really knows what it was like for the Empire before that bunch of Imperials got together and started playing. They turned it around for us and really really improved moral. They're also a really nice bunch who give all of us "newbies" encouragement and suggestions on how to improve our game. The Republic still dominates most matches, so I can understand why someone would be irritated to see one of the small handful of good/competent Imperials players switching sides constantly.

While I find the angry posts excessive, and totally uncalled for, I understand where they're coming from. It gets very frustrating constantly playing on the losing side all the time.

The player in question, while a very good player, tends to play whichever side is winning more on a given day or whichever side is fielding most of it's aces. He doesn't deserve all the publicity he's getting here. I'm starting to regret even naming him as an ace. But what's done is done. Whatever anyone thinks about him, he's a one of the best Bomber Pilots.

Also, before anyone says "GET GOOD" or whatever other worthless dribble, let me explain a little more about our server/faction's player base here:

Most of the players on the Imperial teams, contribute nothing. Maybe about 4k damage, 0 kills, 0 assists, and 10 deaths.

In most games during prime time, it's always a one sided slaughter in favor of the Republic. Sometimes we have a couple good Imperial Pilots who fight their hardest to try and even up the score, but in the end, they can't do anything if the rest of the team isn't supporting them.

In my guild, I can't even get anyone interested in trying to play and get better at GSF, they just quickly lose a couple games for the daily on their alts for the free XP, if anything at all. It's so bad I'm looking to go to another server where, hopefully, the games are more even and exciting.

And to the "tactics" part... I don't know how complicated plans you prepare on the Imperial side, but in practice it is always the "A & B, leave C" for Domination and "stick together" for TDM. The most advanced tactics I saw (on any side) were two gunships cooperating. And honestly all these tactics can be 1) made in 1 mintue before match starts, and 2) discovered by enemy in 1 minute after match starts.

this...

I play on Shadowlands, when I can actually get a match to pop. I run a couple of toons on both sides, so I'm rarely around more than 2 or 3 matches per toon per day. The GSF scene there is horrendous. I've seen 6 v 6 all Pub matches with a Q time over an hour.

My guild used to run pre-made groups at the beginning, but everyone but myself has given it up. The Imp side was so miserable for so long that it scared off most folks.

I do see a few folks that tend to hunt me down when I'm on, but they all seem to have those fancy characters that I don't know how to type. I can definitely second the Rogues and Cymbaline though. I've fought with and against both.

Edited by Fatespuppet

I play on Shadowlands, when I can actually get a match to pop. I run a couple of toons on both sides, so I'm rarely around more than 2 or 3 matches per toon per day. The GSF scene there is horrendous. I've seen 6 v 6 all Pub matches with a Q time over an hour.

My guild used to run pre-made groups at the beginning, but everyone but myself has given it up. The Imp side was so miserable for so long that it scared off most folks.

I do see a few folks that tend to hunt me down when I'm on, but they all seem to have those fancy characters that I don't know how to type. I can definitely second the Rogues and Cymbaline though. I've fought with and against both.

Imperial side, which I've played with exclusively as Xi'ao since launch, has quick pops whenever I'm on. I guess it's karmic payback for stick to it through a bunch of pub premades farm the solo queuers for a month and a half. What's your pub toon?