Aces?

Argonloris

Cody and Lee on the Progenitor are definitely Republic aces, I'd also like to add Alastra can be a real pain in a gunship and I think Kessler's pretty good too.

I know the Imps tend to be outclassed, but do we have any Republic pilots from the Prog that would like to name some names?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread seems to show which servers GSF the most.

For JC the story is interesting. You see a lot of RRepublic but a short list of imperial. The likely reason is not that they are so much better.

Essentially all the players from my server nominated run in permades exclusively. While Imperial sees more solo que. The other bit is the insanely high percentage of repub v repub, while in 200+ matches I truthfully can count my imp v imp on a single hand. I feel you truly know a players skill by fighting them. So with so much repub v repub there are 2 factions worth of players to nominate repub players. While only one faction fighting against us Imperials.

I'd nominate. Backup and Ceon who are repub flyers on Jedi Covenant.

This thread seems to show which servers GSF the most.

I don't think so. There's plenty of people I play with/against that haven't been named on The Bastion that are definitely skilled players (I'll compile some kind of list at some point). These same people may be forum lurkers or may not post at all and don't visit the GSF forums. Some of the people on other server's lists (like Keeneyes) play on The Bastion as well. Regardless, I don't think the sample size is large enough to make any determinations one way or another as far as how active the GSF community is on a server by server basis.

First I'd like to thank Odacervicix for a well made post. His list really does include most of the best players on JC regardless of which side they fly on. I fly on JC on both imp and pub side, and am one of the few people that has gotten a recommendation for a character on both sides. But the truth is I am only alittle better then "average". Usually I am far better at playing some sort of strike fighter and just being incredibly hard to kill instead of being a "killer" myself.

Regardless it is a fact that playing on the Imp side of JC is far harder then on the Pub side. There are fewer premade groups, fewer people in voice working as a team, and fewer "mature" players as in players that have had time since December to skill up their ships.

I can't say much about the grunty/udezak debate, mostly cause I don't know grunty well other then his consistant flying of the same flashfire spec. I can say, with personal knowledge, that Udezak has flown on the imp side, in a teir 0 strike fighter, against teams of semi to fully geared pub players, and gotten over 15 kills. That is a ACE Pilot to me.

I am also going to put alittle shameless plug here. The Pub Guild "Alpha Strike Force" has the largest single concentration of recommended ACE Pilots in this post. Congrats to my guildmates for well earned recognition in your skills at GSF!

Odacervicix,

Udezak was never excluded from the list. He is the first name posted on the republic side aces for that server. If my information is incorrect and he needs to be set to imperial I will be happy to change it.

That being said there are two names that are not on the list that I have seen posted. Grunty is one of them yes. Both of these people have not been added to the list because they failed to follow a simple rule of do not nominate yourself. Think of this as Corellian Blood Stripes. If someone were to wear them who didn't earn them from the people of Corellia then the actual holders of the title have the right to shoot the person on sight. Nominating yourself is like deciding you want to wear the honor badge without having made the effort to earn them.

How's the world look up there from that high horse :rolleyes:? Careful not to fall off, lest you break your delicate sensibilities. That would you exclude anyone mentioned by their co-pilots and opponents multiple times just because they violated one of your silly and arbitrary rules of decorum says more about you than them as pilots, and the validity of your little list. But YMMV.

As for Grunty, he is also one of the top pilots. Is he better than Udezak? I can’t say. I will say that I only ever seem to see him flying the Burst Laser Bypass Surprise version of the Flashfire, so I don’t have a good feel for his ability in other ships. I think this is where some of the prejudice come in. Some pilots seem to resent players that rack up kills flying the Flashfire because they assume that it’s easier.

Actually, I never fly the bypass/blaster overcharge Flashfire build. I fly with booster recharge and hydro spanner (!) to maximize mobility and minimize deaths.

As for flying other ships, I do occasionally. Mostly the NovaDive and Pike. I could post screenshots of the tallies but I shudder to be accused of self-promotion again...the horror, the horror.

Anyway, I think that’s where the prejudice comes from. Grunty just ended up as the figurehead for it because he is probably the best of the pilots that appear to only fly the Flashfire. But he certainly isn’t the only one that does it. Grunty’s self-promoting post failing to acknowledge any other pilots probably didn’t help.

I wrote the post in a second before hitting the hay and didn't read the rules, but I'll defer to the opinions of the numerous people I've helped in game regarding any self-promotion. One person, who shall remain nameless, even accused me of cheating and reported my "hacking" to BW. The next time I saw him I gave him a full rundown on my Flashfire build and the way I try to fly it.

On a related note, and in defense of all the other Flashfire/Sting pilots out there, should I or any other Flashfire pilot be judged lesser for preferring not to fly ships that are clearly inferior? Why should we be viewed as lesser pilots because we choose not to willingly submit to BW's poor balancing? If anyone else wants to fly a SF, that's great. More power to them and I hope they have a great time doing it, but I'll still see easy prey every time they pop up in the target window. Could a great pilot fly anything and still have some success? Sure, but that doesn't make the crappyness of a design any less, well, crappy. Why gimp the team by doing so in order to prove a silly point?

Actually, I never fly the bypass/blaster overcharge Flashfire build. I fly with booster recharge and hydro spanner (!) to maximize mobility and minimize deaths.

more like lolspanner

As for flying other ships, I do occasionally. Mostly the NovaDive and Pike. I could post screenshots of the tallies but I shudder to be accused of self-promotion again...the horror, the horror.

how terrible of you to show off on the internet! you should definitely be ashamed

On a related note, and in defense of all the other Flashfire/Sting pilots out there, should I or any other Flashfire pilot be judged lesser for preferring not to fly ships that are clearly inferior? Why should we be viewed as lesser pilots because we choose not to willingly submit to BW's poor balancing? If anyone else wants to fly a SF, that's great. More power to them and I hope they have a great time doing it, but I'll still see easy prey every time they pop up in the target window. Could a great pilot fly anything and still have some success? Sure, but that doesn't make the crappyness of a design any less, well, crappy. Why gimp the team by doing so in order to prove a silly point?

Getting serious for a moment, this is why I fly my flash. I don't enjoy gunships or bombers -- sniping is boring and bombers can't zoom zoom -- and every time I fly my pike, I feel like I'm playing the game in hard mode. Sure, dropping a torp in someone's face at 200m is amusing, as is watching two people barrel roll into the same wall one after another (the first to avoid my launched torp, the second to avoid my lock after seeing a torp in the air), but they're not generally effective against pilots that understand how to break missile locks. I really feel like I'm flying on hard mode, because maneuverability, speed, and engine efficiency all take an enormous hit in any other ship class.

I won't argue bursts vs quads or pods vs clusters, because I feel like all four are viable weapons if you play to their strengths, but the utility of an extra missile or laser is definitely questionable against half decent pilots, and strikes really offer nothing else in the way of advantages.

I wrote the post in a second before hitting the hay and didn't read the rules, but I'll defer to the opinions of the numerous people I've helped in game regarding any self-promotion.

That's a BS excuse, in what world would someone want people to nominate themselves? Now I do agree you deserve to be on the list. If you feel the need to nominate yourself you need an ego bypass. There is plenty of JC posters here who defiantly would have posted your name. I'm a late comer but I would have seen to it.

Try humble there is already a JC repub team on peoples s__t list that will see more and mor eplayers bailing on them both because of their 8 man que but more because they are complete kill farming jerks(see: forum censorship) who show zero respect for other players.

Further evidence of the same point, you talk the fighter jock talk well but again I warn you. Don't abuse the server community. Every imperial pilot who can actually fly worth a damn knows your name. Currently they merely tolerate you, It's not likely many will quit on you if you maintain 4 man premades(but no larger), however if you do want to continue fighting skilled players and not the chaff that is fresh meat that doesn't know your name yet but also are mostly without skill and likely offer next to zero challenge. Then I'd suggest you offer respect where it is due as much as you can.

There are actual people flying everyone of those ships you kill. GSF UI offers a lot of power for them to ESC opt out on players they have no tolerance for. My words are not just for you but any player like you at the top of GSF on their server. The "Bail On Premades" thread was started by a JC player your team is one of the ones that lead the guy to start the thread. Though he's calmed down and only the worst of the worst are on the BAIL list.

Edited by mr_sim

Getting serious for a moment, this is why I fly my flash. I don't enjoy gunships or bombers -- sniping is boring and bombers can't zoom zoom -- and every time I fly my pike, I feel like I'm playing the game in hard mode. Sure, dropping a torp in someone's face at 200m is amusing, as is watching two people barrel roll into the same wall one after another (the first to avoid my launched torp, the second to avoid my lock after seeing a torp in the air), but they're not generally effective against pilots that understand how to break missile locks. I really feel like I'm flying on hard mode, because maneuverability, speed, and engine efficiency all take an enormous hit in any other ship class.

I won't argue bursts vs quads or pods vs clusters, because I feel like all four are viable weapons if you play to their strengths, but the utility of an extra missile or laser is definitely questionable against half decent pilots, and strikes really offer nothing else in the way of advantages.

Submitted as evidence in case "Flashfire/Sting vs More Nerfs" for the plaintiff.

Further evidence of the same point, you talk the fighter jock talk well but again I warn you. Don't abuse the server community. Every imperial pilot who can actually fly worth a damn knows your name. Currently they merely tolerate you, It's not likely many will quit on you if you maintain 4 man premades(but no larger), however if you do want to continue fighting skilled players and not the chaff that is fresh meat that doesn't know your name yet but also are mostly without skill and likely offer next to zero challenge.

If people are going to quit a team PvP game because they got beaten by a team in PvP, they're really not worth worrying about because the game wasn't designed for them. Let them enjoy the class stories, flashpoints, ops, dailies, planet storylines, space missions, and everything else the game has to offer.

Submitted as evidence in case "Flashfire/Sting vs More Nerfs" for the plaintiff.

It's been a long time since I've said the flashfire wasn't overpowered. That doesn't mean I should play a class I don't enjoy.

How's the world look up there from that high horse :rolleyes:? Careful not to fall off, lest you break your delicate sensibilities. That would you exclude anyone mentioned by their co-pilots and opponents multiple times just because they violated one of your silly and arbitrary rules of decorum says more about you than them as pilots, and the validity of your little list. But YMMV.

Yeah...ignoring the questionable tact of self-nomination, there's no good reason you should be excluded from the list. I played five matches tonight, you were in 2 of them, and the only opposing pilot to bring me down more than once. I'm embarrassed to specify exactly how many times you downed me, but let's just say I didn't pose much of a challenge. Since I'm sure I was one of a couple dozen opponents who fit that description, I'll clarify that tonight I played as Zuckerkorn, mostly gunship, imp side.

If people are going to quit a team PvP game because they got beaten by a team in PvP, they're really not worth worrying about because the game wasn't designed for them. Let them enjoy the class stories, flashpoints, ops, dailies, planet storylines, space missions, and everything else the game has to offer.

You misunderstand.

Short history:

- JC is like 3 to 1 in GSF population in where there are about 3 repubs for every imperial quing.

- JC see more repub premades then imperial premades by a large degree.

- On JC imp v imp simply do not happen in GSF

for faction v faction play Imperials hold most of the cards but repub has more of the aces(pun) right now.

Therefor there are imp players who are assets and players who are currently skilless chaff who don't offer challenge. Currently most imp Asset players are beginning to feel farmed and do not enjoy facing the various infamous repub premades.

Currently we imperials do tolerate most premades as long as they:

- Keep it at 4 and don't try to simul-que more than that.

- maintain a GG attitude as much as possible.

- Don't que excessively, it too much to get stomped by the same players all night long.

It's not that one or two players are bailing, no it's that all skilled solo quers on imp side are considering bailing. As I said Repub has the aces but imperials hold the rest of the cards at the faction vs faction table, you need a full deck to have a good game.

This is Eichman/Avidity Imp/Pub thank you for the shout out. Grunty is a great person to dogfight, even tho he chases me down after I kill him.. Well who can blame him

Udezak and minidress are not that good by themselves. running in pre-made has huge advantages, especially if you have voice.

Udezak hope you not still hurting from that beating I gave you! <3

Hey Eichman, I played a couple matches with you tonight. You probably watched as Grunty downed me repeatedly, like I mentioned above. We did manage to win one of those matches. At the end, in chat, someone said something like "Grunty must be pissed," to which you responded, "I hope so." I lol'ed.

Udezak & friends either took the night off, or I simply lucked out and managed to avoid them.

You misunderstand.

No, I don't. This is an easily predicted situation caused by a combination of arbitrary restrictions, including faction and server restrictions, along with a lack of any form of matchmaking.

There are solutions, if you want to utilize them. If you guys want to win more, don't queue solo. If you want to play with more balanced teams, roll on Pot5 or TEH or something. If you're not having fun, quit.

Just don't complain that you're getting beaten by teams of opponents in team PvP.

Most of the best GSF players from Shadowlands seem to have disappeared. Not sure if they left for another server or just got bored.

Anyway, I did see one of the true aces again the other day: Xi'ao, Imperial side. You can see him a few times in the "GSF Records" thread. He seems to casually get 20 kills/match.

No, I don't. This is an easily predicted situation caused by a combination of arbitrary restrictions, including faction and server restrictions, along with a lack of any form of matchmaking.

There are solutions, if you want to utilize them. If you guys want to win more, don't queue solo. If you want to play with more balanced teams, roll on Pot5 or TEH or something. If you're not having fun, quit.

Just don't complain that you're getting beaten by teams of opponents in team PvP.

Why would anyone move from JC? We have extremely active GSF population excellent que times. Yes the arbitrary split is a problem, but if your rolling a fresh character anyway no need to change servers just faction.

The only reason to reroll on a new server is que times, and they are not the problem. In fact your words are an attack on all the Aces mentioned in this thread. You basically imply that their work is meaningless because they didn't do it on one of your servers.

The point I am actually making is that if these premades who only represent a fraction of their faction. Continue to farm players then they and only they will be shut out. Honestly I don't understand the point on farming wins the gameplay is dull and unchallenging.

Truth be told I'll be interesting when we do start getting our premades together, it's already begun. I've already explained that we control the ques and can drop 8 man in more frequently. They who do farm kills and are afraid to loose will probably have an episode or something when they get some of their own.

The only reason to reroll on a new server is que times, and they are not the problem.

Not what I was talking about.

In fact your words are an attack on all the Aces mentioned in this thread. You basically imply that their work is meaningless because they didn't do it on one of your servers.

Sure, if you want to take them that far out of context.

Truth be told I'll be interesting when we do start getting our premades together, it's already begun. I've already explained that we control the ques and can drop 8 man in more frequently. They who do farm kills and are afraid to loose will probably have an episode or something when they get some of their own.

This is what I was talking about!

This thread has been great for me on JC. Even though my list of aces was short, I did not intend to leave anyone worthy off my list. My issue is I have partstimers. I cannot remember things part of the time. So I do not recall the names of many great players. And some great players have such f'ed up names there is no way I am going to remember them. LOL!

There are lots of great players emerging on JC. I will give a shout out to Saevius (imp), cause they consistently put impressive numbers on the board.

While I do agree that JC is pub heavy, I have had a few imp vs imp matches. It happened more when GSF was opened up to new players. But it still happens sometimes. I had one yesterday.

Also, the impression that the win/loss is lopsided, while true, has not been as severe for me.

My imp side w/l is 271/577 or 46%

My pub side w/l is 166/252 or 65%

And as for Grunty. I think anyone reading this post realizes he is a great pilot. Whether he is officially on the list or not. People still feel his guns in game. His name is easy to recognize. And everyone knows to respect him in game, regardless of the trash talk we make. Those close matches where we pull out a win based on tactical execution are awesome! Especially when we are outmatched in ship reqs.

It's been a long time since I've said the flashfire wasn't overpowered. That doesn't mean I should play a class I don't enjoy.

Stings/Flashfires aren't "overpowered". In fact, they are the best balanced and most versatile ship class.

It's just that most other ships simply lack useful options to build a suitable counter to them.

Nerfing Stings and Flashfires wouldn't fix the issues, those other ships currently have.