Aces?

Argonloris

well ill tell ya in my pin don't think it matters which side your flying at any givin time or what ship you are playing

when you do what ever it is that needs to be done weather its sitting on a point or caping of killing or supporting it takes it all to win the match

more often then not we lose perspective of that from time to time even my self am guilty of it on occasion but

a true ace will do what ever he has to to help his team win and

armond mentioned scrab and shock and toe and the guys just wanted to say we miss you all its no fighting fighting ourself's all the time lol but those are great pilots and ive seen shock tear some stuff up on his gs and his scout don't think it really matter the damage table at the end of the match because you can kill faster with out having to put out 100k in damage then you have still done your job

and if we wernt suppose to fly both sides why does our legacy's have achevments for both sides and why cant we have a faction base based off our light and dark side alignment instead of just jedi or sith take vader he was jedi then sith then jedi again as was qite a few other's why not have it so that you have to play both side's of the coin and then when you find balance and stand it on its edge that you are your sharpest

Jeez Lyte, use some punctuation!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little late to the game here, but I wanted to thank y'all for adding me to the JC list on both my pilots. I know I fly a lolship, but I try to do the best with it that I can.

As for the multiple ship/ace thing, I've tried to fly some of the other ships a little bit. The main problem I have is that the zoomier ships wind up getting me motion sick by the end of a match. I even have to stay 'right side up' most of the time in the gunship, even though it totally doesn't matter.

I think we've got a pretty good GSF community on JC. I've flown and talked with great folks on both sides and hope more people stick with GSF. Repeatedly running into a premade wall while flying on the Imp side kinda sucks, but it makes those kills and occasional wins so much better.

I've flown with and against you many times (almost always imp side, as either Zuckerkorn or Böblöblaw), and you definitely deserve your spot on the list. I usually fly the lolship too, and you're one of the few gunship pilots who consistently beats my numbers.

Also, I think when you play pub (which seems like most of the time, maybe I'm wrong about that) you aren't associated with THAT premade, which makes your performance more impressive. Some of the lolships on that team wouldn't be quite as fearsome in a true pug match.

Re: the JC community, a couple weeks ago I was getting the sense that the tides were slowly turning; imps were still losing, but we seemed to get an influx of decent pilots and the results weren't so lopsided. But more recently I feel we've taken a step backwards. The good pilots seem to be dropping out of matches more often. Last night I had to wait surprisingly long for a queue pop, probably as long as I've ever waited. Makes me worry that imp pilots are starting to throw in the towel.

I'm a glutton for punishment, though, so I'll keep queuing.

List is up to date. I didn't include the Rogues as that is a group not a person and I'm not clear on how that works on that server (since it's not one that I'm on). I'll be happy to toss them on if someone from there can explain it to me. Also I'm not a fan of people cheating in game. As an aspiring game developer myself, I find cheating to be a pain for everyone involved. It is something that detracts from the point of the game (having fun). If there was a way to confirm that a person on the list was cheating I would definitely have them removed. Unfortunately such conformation would have to come from Bioware and doing so would be a severe breach of privacy.

To those that think the list is getting extensively long, I wouldn't worry about it. As I have said before, each person has their own definition of what an Ace is. Think of this as a list of players that may be able to bring a challenge to the matches in some way.

I fly on the Imperial side WAY more often these days. I find the increased difficulty much more fun than just going through the motions again on the Rep side. That's not to say I don't get destroyed by Imp pilots from time to time, many of whom have been listed here, but those matches can be sporadic. I think someone said 'There are more quality+ Rep pilots than there are total pilots for the Empire' in a game recently. It certainly feels that way most days, so its a natural way to increase the difficulty. Plus I like to think that it helps the morale a little for the Imps, which hopefully means more folks stick with GSF and increases the overall quality of play on the server. More people playing is better for everyone.

I don't think I've ever run in a real premade on the Rep side. I've grouped with another pilot several times, but I don't think ever more than that. I have run some premades on the Imp side with the Ceylon/Khess/Graendahl crew. Generally speaking, I've run solo in probably 85%+ of my matches.

Hats off to all the JC pilots here. Keep flying and I'll keep blowing you up! :D

Plus I like to think that it helps the morale a little for the Imps, which hopefully means more folks stick with GSF and increases the overall quality of play on the server. More people playing is better for everyone.

Snipped for emphasis. This, times a thousand. I have four pub toons but I don't play gsf on any of them, largely for this reason...while I don't consider myself an ace, I think I'm at least more experienced than the average imp pilot on JC, and I feel that if I defected to the pubs, the existing imbalance would become (granted, incrementally) worse. I want to keep the game alive, not give one side more reasons to stop playing.

Though, admittedly, sometimes it gets pretty frustrating. A few nights ago I got back filled into a TDM match against udezak's crew...when I joined, it was something like 20-0. I believe it ended 50-4...and those 4 kills were mine. I still got blown up five or six times. Matches like that aren't satisfying for anyone. I can't imagine the other team got a whole lot of enjoyment out of it, but who knows. They do keep playing.

Anyway, good to hear you're spending more time with the imps these days. Zuckerkorn has some flying to do tonight, hopefully you end up in one of my matches - on my side.

I didn't include the Rogues as that is a group not a person and I'm not clear on how that works on that server (since it's not one that I'm on).

Its guild of players who normally que together, though you can sometimes catch them solo'ing. I think I've seem Rogue-One to Rogue-Thirteen so far, maybe more. The Imps on our server have started something similar with Rancor squad, but they are less memorable. Of those I think Rogue-One, Rouge-Five and Rogue-Twelve have struck me as better pilots.

You've got a big list going for Shadowlands, though sadly some of those names haven't shown up in GSF in some time. Must add Jenee, Fare and Shizune to the rep aces and Spicy-J and Venerous to the imp aces.

Edited by ShadowsNIte

Though, admittedly, sometimes it gets pretty frustrating. A few nights ago I got back filled into a TDM match against udezak's crew...when I joined, it was something like 20-0. I believe it ended 50-4...and those 4 kills were mine. I still got blown up five or six times. Matches like that aren't satisfying for anyone. I can't imagine the other team got a whole lot of enjoyment out of it, but who knows. They do keep playing.

If you ask them about it they'll admit that its boring, yet they continue to do it. I don't understand it at all.

Regarding "Udezak and Friends" on Jedi Covenant server, of which I am a Frequent Flier, we just wanted to say a few words. We've taken quite a while to respond to the comments on this thread that deal with our friends because we did not feel it was warranted. At this point, however, we don't think it can be ignored any longer.

Firstly, thank you for the nominations as "Aces". Nearly every member of our team has been mentioned through this thread. We do appreciate the recognition, but it isn't the reason we play.

We'd like to think that we're all individually strong pilots, but the reason we play together is not that we are gunning to win (though this is still important to us), rather, because we are friends and we enjoy the company of other fliers as we play. For a few of us, GSF is the only aspect of this game we still enjoy, so we play frequently.

To clarify a few points of confusion: Most of the time, if we play as a group, there are only 3 maybe 4 of us. There are times our group gets as large as 8, but the rest of the time, it's mostly just a small handful of us. We have NEVER done a 12-man queue to my knowledge (that would be atrociously difficult to coordinate).

**********************************************************************************************************************************

That said, we have several observations about our server, but very importantly, we aren't all running premades on the Pub side of Jedi Covenant. I know most of the players who play regularly on the Pub side. Most I know simply by name, and now many are on my friends list thanks to GSF. As it turns out, I also play on the Imp side a lot, especially these days (It's NO Mystery who I am guys, honestly; I'm a pretty transparent guy). There's a lot of witch hunting going on though. I see players leaving groups on the Imp side, as they panic and scream "PREMADE!! EVERYBODY LEAVE!" I look at the names on the Pub team they're fleeing from, and while some of them do play through group queues, most of them are just the regular pub players of which there are a LOT. More players play GSF on Pub side than on Imperial side by far on Jedi Covenant and naturally, there is more likely to be strong players with large amounts of farmed requisition and ships in their hangars. There are a great number of war games on the pub side, more so than I experience on any given day playing Imperial GSF. There are a few Imp side group-queues I see flying around these days too. This is a good thing, and necessary to help server balance.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

If I might voice a personal observation about Imperials on JC, too many are out for themselves. In fact, some might even say, "I pay 15 dollars a month so I can do as I please." Others might say, "I do not serve you or anyone. I am my own Lord!" To this, I respond: GSF is an Operation. Like any other Op, you need a team and you need to work together to complete it successfully. It's a team sport and it should be treated as such. We notice that matches that we lose are to organized groups of players who actually follow a semblance of strategy. There's no "I" in team, if you know what I mean (in English or German).

If you ask them about it they'll admit that its boring, yet they continue to do it. I don't understand it at all.

I don't get it either. That said we have been stepping it up Imp side lately. I'm getting sick of all GS lost shipyard TDM repub teams. Those matches are so little fun also.

Bioware should put a huge asteroid right in the middle of that map to plug up the fire lanes and make GS have to commit farther into the map.

Regarding "Udezak and Friends" on Jedi Covenant server, of which I am a Frequent Flier, we just wanted to say a few words. We've taken quite a while to respond to the comments on this thread that deal with our friends because we did not feel it was warranted. At this point, however, we don't think it can be ignored any longer.

Firstly, thank you for the nominations as "Aces". Nearly every member of our team has been mentioned through this thread. We do appreciate the recognition, but it isn't the reason we play.

We'd like to think that we're all individually strong pilots, but the reason we play together is not that we are gunning to win (though this is still important to us), rather, because we are friends and we enjoy the company of other fliers as we play. For a few of us, GSF is the only aspect of this game we still enjoy, so we play frequently.

To clarify a few points of confusion: Most of the time, if we play as a group, there are only 3 maybe 4 of us. There are times our group gets as large as 8, but the rest of the time, it's mostly just a small handful of us. We have NEVER done a 12-man queue to my knowledge (that would be atrociously difficult to coordinate).

That said, we have several observations about our server, but very importantly, we aren't all running premades on the Pub side of Jedi Covenant. I know most of the players who play regularly on the Pub side. Most I know simply by name, and now many are on my friends list thanks to GSF. As it turns out, I also play on the Imp side a lot, especially these days (It's NO Mystery who I am guys, honestly; I'm a pretty transparent guy). There's a lot of witch hunting going on though. I see players leaving groups on the Imp side, as they panic and scream "PREMADE!! EVERYBODY LEAVE!" I look at the names on the Pub team they're fleeing from, and while some of them do play through group queues, most of them are just the regular pub players of which there are a LOT. More players play GSF on Pub side than on Imperial side by far on Jedi Covenant and naturally, there is more likely to be strong players with large amounts of farmed requisition and ships in their hangars. There are a great number of war games on the pub side, more so than I experience on any given day playing Imperial GSF. There are a few Imp side group-queues I see flying around these days too. This is a good thing, and necessary to help server balance.

If I might voice a personal observation about Imperials on JC, too many are out for themselves. In fact, some might even say, "I pay 15 dollars a month so I can do as I please." Others might say, "I do not serve you or anyone. I am my own Lord!" To this, I respond: GSF is an Operation. Like any other Op, you need a team and you need to work together to complete it successfully. It's a team sport and it should be treated as such. We notice that matches that we lose are to organized groups of players who actually follow a semblance of strategy. There's no "I" in team, if you know what I mean (in English or German).

Oscarette, I presume? Not sure who you are imp side, but I'll keep an eye out for another variation on "Oscar". Thanks for posting, it's good to get some input from your group. By and large I agree with your observations, but to expand on a couple of items:

- It's completely reasonable that your primary motivation to group is social. That's actually what I expected, since I couldn't believe you guys actually derive enjoyment from winning lopsided matches over and over...the only rational explanation was that you were enjoying one another's company. So, I get that.

- Absolutely true about the witch hunting. I can't count the number of times someone's looked at the pub opposition, seen a familiar name (I assume), and started ranting about premades. More than once I've seen this statement about teams containing Grunty, who (I'm pretty sure) doesn't group that often - he's just fairly well known. Those complaining frequently drop, either immediately or within a couple minutes, which makes any attempt at strategy/organization difficult or impossible. Which leads me to:

- Imps on JC generally have no strategy, no organization, no team tactics, no real teamwork at all. I don't believe this behavior reflects a willful stab at independence (as you seemed to suggest), but rather is merely a result of NOT grouping, and the associated lack of communication. I almost always attempt to broadcast some general pointers while we wait in the lobby, but I always feel like I'm talking to myself; either no one responds, or it's clear nobody's following my suggestions. Some other imp pilots definitely do this too, but we're the tiny minority.

So, this is the built-in advantage you gain when you group, even if it's only 3-4 of you. At least that portion of your squad is coordinated, which makes a huge difference. While I'm aware of one or two imp groups/premades, they're far outnumbered by opposing groups, they aren't on anywhere near as often as the better pub premades, and they simply aren't as good as you guys are. The result is that the imps are invariably true pugs, and even if we luck into a match with a premade on our side, we'll probably lose to a better pub team.

Your response may be: well, organize your own premade then. It's a fair answer, and I may end up doing this, but the fact is, I shouldn't have to. It doesn't reflect the way I play the rest of SWTOR. I don't do ops, I solo queue for PVP, and I pug for FPs. Some players prefer to group (like you), others don't (like me) and neither should be penalized for their preferences.

Playing imp on JC is frustrating, to say the least. I think some of the flak you guys get is simply the byproduct of this frustration, not any real problem with what you and your friends do. I've never been angry at Udezak for killing me five times in a row - that's the point of the game, and to some extent my own fault at times - but it gets a little depressing. Personally, any anger I have is towards BW, not you, since they're the ones that allowed this imbalance to exist. In an ideal world, premades would have their own queue, and there would be a separate solo queue for players like me - where we'd actually have a chance to win. It doesn't look like the GSF population supports that kind of system, but I'd certainly like to see that option made available to us in the future.

As a suggestion to your crew: why not run some premades on the imp side? You've said you play imp yourself; do your friends as well? If so, why not challenge yourselves, while throwing a bone to the other side? That, in and of itself, may well help boost morale on the imp side and keep us playing, which helps all GSF fans on our server. Seems like a win/win. Just a thought.

Prophecy of the Five

Republic: Andregard, Molva, Devildog, Swordsaint, Trith, Lytewraith, Seare, Odinar, Solstice, Akcufahtum, Buzz-killington, Nixx'd, Zuchisen, Da'uno, Animal'mutha, Scrab, Ko'shii, Gis'ella, Mae'thon, Bar-ter, Hack'en, Cardnylsin, Kasi, Elo'him, Alexandri

Imperial: Is'pep, Kegger, Keeneye, Toe, Shock, Kyorai, Jaggedfell

Unknown:

Zuchisen is primarily an Imperial pilot. Scrab, Nixx'd, Toe, Shock, Buzz'killington, Mae'thon and Is'pep rarely fly any more or have shifted their playtime to other servers.

So I haven't shaken out the complex web that is JC repub ques, I've looked up guild tags and read forum hearing claims of repub players saying they don't premade so much. But the math is weak, who knows maybe it's a failure in the matchmaker but I've seen far to many of the hot shots in the same group for me to believe coincidence.

Lately I've been saying, "When did _______ get into this match?" noting a infamous player who definitely was not there before the start clock ran down and suddenly there is a balance shift.

Here's the rub. There is little or no positive feedback being offered by Repub players toward Imperials. You are the dominant faction simple fact, it really becomes your factions responsibility more so then imperial to encourage your competition.

This thread is a perfect place yet too many of the names come from Imperial players and almost none from the repub who fly against them.

Also there are players on Repub who only play to win not to have a good match. You know who these people are, if you pre group with them, I know that it happens, then you are as guilty of their poison as they are. Doing the Derpship(GS) shooting line strategy in TDM for example. That's fun? really?

PS I only call GS that do chicken S**t tactics Derpships, not all GS.

So I haven't shaken out the complex web that is JC repub ques, I've looked up guild tags and read forum hearing claims of repub players saying they don't premade so much. But the math is weak, who knows maybe it's a failure in the matchmaker but I've seen far to many of the hot shots in the same group for me to believe coincidence.

Lately I've been saying, "When did _______ get into this match?" noting a infamous player who definitely was not there before the start clock ran down and suddenly there is a balance shift.

Here's the rub. There is little or no positive feedback being offered by Repub players toward Imperials. You are the dominant faction simple fact, it really becomes your factions responsibility more so then imperial to encourage your competition.

This thread is a perfect place yet too many of the names come from Imperial players and almost none from the repub who fly against them.

Also there are players on Repub who only play to win not to have a good match. You know who these people are, if you pre group with them, I know that it happens, then you are as guilty of their poison as they are. Doing the Derpship(GS) shooting line strategy in TDM for example. That's fun? really?

PS I only call GS that do chicken S**t tactics Derpships, not all GS.

If a player doesn't start in the queue as the match begins, that means they were back-filled into the game. I dont' know of any way to have a specific player back fill into a game, so that is actually purely a coincidence, or you didn't notice them in the roster as the round began.

There are 31 names noted for Imperials on our server, how many more do you want? If those are the aces, then so be it. If there are names you'd like to nominate, perhaps you should nominate them. I've nominated a second name now, Svengoolie, who I find to be an outstanding pilot. I would very much agree with the current list, however. I'll continue to nominate names as I feel they are deserving though.

Zuchisen is primarily an Imperial pilot. Scrab, Nixx'd, Toe, Shock, Buzz'killington, Mae'thon and Is'pep rarely fly any more or have shifted their playtime to other servers.

In other words, it is grim on the imp side on Pot5, zuchi just has scrubs like me :rolleyes: as his wingmen

When did playing to win become a negative thing? I love winning. Its awesome. I get my dailies/weeklies done and a boatload more requisition for doing so. I'm sorry that this is in spite of those who haven't quite grasped the learning curve yet. And i'm going to be completely honest, those blowouts you may think are boring are really not... and I'm sure a lot of you would share those sentiments if asked to be completely truthful.

When did playing to win become a negative thing? I love winning. Its awesome. I get my dailies/weeklies done and a boatload more requisition for doing so. I'm sorry that this is in spite of those who haven't quite grasped the learning curve yet. And i'm going to be completely honest, those blowouts you may think are boring are really not... and I'm sure a lot of you would share those sentiments if asked to be completely truthful.

It's more playing to win at all costs, Doing GS firing lines or Queing 8 person premades, are legit tactics that usually yield wins but just as likely cause boring one sided matches that Alienate much of the player base especially the experienced players who are the only ones who can offer a challenging and normally fun for it, match.

Don't accuse people of being sore losers either, if your stacking the deck so you don't loose no matter how one sided boring it gets then you are probably the sorest of losers.

And i'm going to be completely honest, those blowouts you may think are boring are really not... and I'm sure a lot of you would share those sentiments if asked to be completely truthful.

I'm pretty sure you're in the minority on this. Of course, all the good players want to win, but every one I've heard from prefers a competitive match to a lopsided cakewalk, and I have no reason to believe they aren't being truthful. The latter isn't a challenge. Better pilots prefer to challenge themselves.*

I'm sure there are others who think like you. I'm just willing to bet those folks represent a minority of the gsf population.

* and if you want a real challenge, I reiterate my invitation to join the imps on JC. We need the help! Tonight was actually really encouraging, lots more communication and competitive matches than I'm used to seeing. Shout outs to Scarthen, who did yeoman's work organizing and rallying the troops in a couple matches, and to Levv, who almost singlehandedly kept us going in multiple matches. This is the kind of thing we need to see more of to keep gsf kicking on our server.

And to those of you pubs in that 41-40 TDM/lost shipyards match (or was it 42-41?) - great game...but we'll get you next time.

Well, I'm not advocating for competive disadvantage, I borderline never fly premade, hate gunship lines and despise the practice of turtling and spawn camping, however I do take the same enjoyment out of seeing a highly productive personal output and a greater disparity of scores as much as I would a close match. Those games that aren't so close work as great opportunity to fly ships other than the one I'm currently trying to master to bust out an way daily req bonus. I'm not a monster for wanting to win every match I play.