Due to the bad Roadmap for 2014 what are your plans ?

fushnchips

Just as I responded in the "really pumped" thread about there not being much to get excited about, I also don't think the roadmap gave enough info to be pissed or bummed about.

I think we have to hear a lot more about 2.7 and 2.8 before deciding it's a lost year. They're promising earth-shattering changes, and what sounds like a whole new revival of the war. Now, like any game company, they're susceptible to spreading hype, but I think they've been decent about keeping it down to a dull "squee".

Promising monumental change isn't their style, so I have to assume there's something else big coming we don't have a clue about yet.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll probably still be here leveling alts. I'm looking forward to a level cap increase since I have zero interest in end-game. I greatly fear that all this fantastic story they are talking about will be locked behind raids. Still, I have to let out a big sigh that they can plan the biggest content addition to date, but can't squeeze in even a teeny bit of class content. But until another story driven game comes out with sexy voice actors, I have no place else to go. (I am playing EQNL to satisfy my desires for crafting and exploration. There went my February CC budget :p ) Edited by Damask_Rose

My plans for 2014?

Well:

Playing SWTOR regularly (as a two account subscriber)

Playing Guild Wars regularly (1 not the craptastic 2)

Playing Defiance regularly (and watching Season 2 during the summer)

Continuing to Alpha Test Trove and Venus Rising

Playing Rift, STO, and NeverWinter Online occasionally

Playing Vanguard and Wizardry Online until July 31st and berating SOE in their forums regularly until then.

Awaiting further information on Archeage

Playing any number of single-player games that suit my fancy, and always popping in and out of my classic games for videos on my YouTube channel.

I see I have quite a busy schedule. Now back to more SWTOR (right after I finish up my GW Canthan New Year's quests).

Edited by TravelersWay

have you tried GSF?

Yes because if you enjoy PvP it MUST mean youre gonna enjoy GSF :rolleyes:

Sorry but GSF isnt that great. Space PvP was a long time coming but that mess is not as fun as it could of been. Whats worse is GSF is being pushed in a time when new OPs/FPs/Ground PvP Warzones are sorely needed.

The ONLY reason GSF is in game right now instead of new OPs/FPs/Ground PvP WZs is because they can capitalize on customization through the CM.

I look forward to the new FPs that are set to come in the next few months. But it really is too little too late. The schedule is already set up to make you wait months for new endgame content while introducing things that dont provide anything substantial to what we already have.

Wildstar and ESO might not kill off SWTOR but if SWTOR keeps going the direction its going. The playerbase will slowly dwindle as newer better set up up MMOs come along. The only people left here are going to be those who obsess about Star Wars and those who have invested TOO much money outside a sub to rationalize going elsewhere.

The schedule is already set up to make you wait months for new endgame content while introducing things that dont provide anything substantial to what we already have.

Don't worry, Infernixx will be along shortly to tell you that you're wrong.

If I leave SWTOR it won't be to play another MMO, too tired of them, I'm just here because of Star Wars and because I've still got some classes to play. So I will either stay or stick to single player games.

Pretty much this, except its when I leave SWTOR after the nerf to OS, not when. I have a PS4, and games will begin really ramping up come march. I am sick of MMO ******** tbh. The constant tweaking and nerfing of classes, that crap got uber old in WoW, and it seems like every MMO ever intends to follow that formula of constant class rebalancing. I get tired of rerolling and relearning only to need to do it again, not because they made another class more appealing, but because whichever one I am playing gets ruined.

Well, I'll keep my sub up until I've done what I wish to, then I'm going to let it lapse out. I'll likely preferred status play this part time with something else, like LOTR, or I may give ESO a go. Although I'm not into high fantasy so much, I have to admit, it does look very interesting.

Until these yokels realize that they're wrong about nixing individual class and companions stories, and won't develop player housing we can decorate and tinker with, there is nothing holding me. I love star wars so it's a real shame, but I keep hoping they'll see the light, when it's quite obvious the people who run/dev this are living in the dark ages, or at very best a very dark office with no hydro.

Bad, you joking right?

Only bad thing I see is possibility of new level cap/gear bump too short after DP NiM that would make progressive raiders scream and altoholics drop due stories cut go to general level grind any other MMO have.

It is not fun when you go to top content only to have some greens trow away gear reward in weeks... or when you have to go thru "Makeb" 12 times a row.

But this is speculation around Makeb type expansion, so may be no issue when they give more details.

Otherwise roadmap seems pretty solid, at least for those of us that not live in game and even started on early access still have what to do in it.

No lifers will never be happy ... so just go play other games (meanwhile), nobody force you to stay in one indefinitely, majority still have no enough time for 1 and producers know that.

I am sticking with my initial plan to move to TESO, as this roadmap is not showing new reasons why to stay (for me). Except one warzone, which sounds great, but it is not enough.

For PvE people who enjoy the game as it is now, this roadmap looks certainly better and I hope they will enjoy new stuff.

Huttball is something I would be missing badly, so for the first time am glad this game went f2p :-)

Looks like I might purchase Wildstar, You might ask why do i want to play some cartoon looking game well it looks fun and has decent development and hopefully content. This really is a dark day for SWTOR it's a real shame I wanted to invest more $ but I can't see a good future now hang on where is the time machine so I can fix this problem.

Now please keep this thread clean and within the rules.

Who says the roadmap looks bad?

I will be trying out ESO. So far the beta has not disappointed though I am more of a Star Wars fan than a Fantasy fan.

Will I keep playing SWTOR that I will have to see. I expected a lot from the tactical flashpoints and have found them rather short and sadly uninspiring if that is the way things are going since the post-launch material is run dry. Don't get me wrong I love killing republic rather than sith lords or mercs or hutts and mercs but there is little to inspire about them. Given where we are and what we are doing the cut scene in and story aspects were the only atmospheric elements to them. It all just feels too generic and even with changes of make up its still 2, 5 to 10 min areas and then a 2 min boss fight.

Its not up there with the foundry or hammer station or any of the classic flashpoints. Maybe its just been too long since a content update, maybe its just knowing there is no more class story. But TOR needs to pull something out of the bag as there has been little to get excited about since ROTHC and sadly even that had no class story.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like I might purchase Wildstar, You might ask why do i want to play some cartoon looking game well it looks fun and has decent development and hopefully content. This really is a dark day for SWTOR it's a real shame I wanted to invest more $ but I can't see a good future now hang on where is the time machine so I can fix this problem.

Now please keep this thread clean and within the rules.

We won't ask you, we'll just say... goodbye :-)