Once you hit lvl 55 PvP fun's over!

Cretinus

During leveling you go WZs and while you're not the absolute ruler, you manage to play and you're useful to your team. So you're not a hopeless l2p case.

But once you hit lvl 55, you just get farmed at WZs. You're completely useless.

Ok, you're supposed to farm gear now. But the first gear that you will farm is useless too. Conqueror is poorer for bolstered PvP than a PvE set with overall rating of 190 (this would be lvl 53 PvE gear).

So you spend a couple of weeks with getting farmed at WZs to get your useless conqueror set, and then you spend a couple of even more weeks with getting farmed to get all the rated comms that you need for swapping it for the rated gear. When you get there, you've spent months with getting farmed. Fock this, BW. really. Fock this. It's disencouraging and will keep people from playing.

How come I was able to buy me very cheap gear on GTN which gave me max expertise and 30K +- HP. Oh wait, I've read a topic on bolster and how it works + I asked on fleet. Also if you take conqueror and augment its better than it looks.

Or you know what? I think that when I hit 55 I want to go Dread Palace on hard mode right away so why they don't give me full augmented 78 gear just cause I made it to 55. Or why they don't let us create a 55 character with full gear for everything right away?

Figure out this mystery and you might have an answer to your "issue".

OP is a bad.

If you did so many WZs while leveling, why did you not save your comms so you could get PvP gear when you hit 55? if you plan properly you can get a full set of Conq and some Obroan *IMMEDIATELY*.

And if you dont have a "l2p" issue, you wouldnt be crying about gear. Because its possible to do fine in regs with almost any gear. The first WZ I did on my Sniper when it hit 55 I broke 1k DPS, using level ~30 relics, bracer and offhand.

OP is a bad.

If you did so many WZs while leveling, why did you not save your comms so you could get PvP gear when you hit 55? if you plan properly you can get a full set of Conq and some Obroan *IMMEDIATELY*.

And if you dont have a "l2p" issue, you wouldnt be crying about gear. Because its possible to do fine in regs with almost any gear. The first WZ I did on my Sniper when it hit 55 I broke 1k DPS, using level ~30 relics, bracer and offhand.

And how many of these WZs did your team win? Cause WZs are not a DPS competition, you know?

Just hit 55 on my second Scoundrel today (I have a very advanced case of altoholism). I did a Huttball and I had sub-100K in damage and healing. :(

But my team didn't mind. That's 10K in objective points leading to 3 scores and 2 assists made up for it! :D

Just play. Have fun. The gear 'grind' is in your mind. Just play, do your best, and the gear will come.

OP is a bad.

You can't even buy PVP gear until you reach Lv.55. So at best you've saved 2,750 WZ comms, and hopefully 2k+ Ranked comms. Which will give you maybe 3-4 pieces.

If you only knew how hard it was back in the Battlemaster/Warhero days..

Bioware catered to the crybaby crowd of casuals, back in the day the grind was horrific, not to mention those that farmed Illum for valor was WAY ahead of casuals.

I actually miss those days TBH.

Edited by Makavelithug

If you only knew how hard it was back in the Battlemaster/Warhero days..

Bioware catered to the crybaby crowd of casuals, back in the day the grind was horrific, not to mention those that farmed Illum for valor was WAY ahead of casuals.

I actually miss those days TBH.

I liked those RNG days.

In my first 4 bm bags, I got 3 tokens. So I was able to get the weapon right away. :)

It's so easy these days to get gear and be competitive right away at 55. But a lot of people can't face the truth that they just suck at this game.

I liked those RNG days.

In my first 4 bm bags, I got 3 tokens. So I was able to get the weapon right away. :)

You lucky sob, I remember screaming over those dam bags haha.

I miss Illum dailys geting into huge pvp wars.

I think its bs they took it away, actual open world pvp was ok there.

Unless you have a toaster for a computer. :D

Edited by Makavelithug

And how many of these WZs did your team win? Cause WZs are not a DPS competition, you know?

oh but how it is...DPS applied in the right area of the map. you can do a million dmg, but if your in lets say, the civil war, if you're doing that 1 mil dmg(for example purposes) off in the middle of nowhere, you not doing squat for your team. however, if you're pulling all the dmg in the areas that need to be defended or attacked, then you're doing right by your team. now hopefully your team is doing the same as you.

and to the op, if you're under geared for WZ's at 55, thats your fault. the PvP weapons trick has been around for a very long time, and its been posted in these forums, a lot.

buy pvp weapons, they have a 2 hour refund cd, rotate them out so they are always on cooldown, and then when you hit 55 and have a crap ton of them, you can trade them in and youll have enough for a full set of pvp gear, and quite a bit of ranked gear, also if your dps, this gear will be good enough to jump into FP's with. i suggest starting this at lvl 45 or so, and save up medpacks at the start of it.

You can't even buy PVP gear until you reach Lv.55. So at best you've saved 2,750 WZ comms, and hopefully 2k+ Ranked comms. Which will give you maybe 3-4 pieces.

Incorrect.

You can save a stock of PvP weapons. You have 2 hours to trade them in for full refund. The last character I got to 55 had 9 PvP weapons saved up, and maxed out comms.

2750+4500+(900*9 = 15,350. I believe you need ~13,000 to get an entire set of Conqueror gear.

To the OP; I wouldn't worry about it too much. I had a terminal case of indecisiveness when I hit 55, going back and forth between PvE and PvP. What was worse is that I'd over-purchase RWZs such that I had something like 300 WZ and 600 RWZ when I finally made it, which was just enough WZ commendations to let me drool over the PvP gear I wanted to get. My first few matches, I would flail away on people and smack them over and over while doing no damage whatsoever while they would stomp me into dust in 2-3 hits.

Even so, it only took 2-3 days of casual game play and doing my dailies before I got enough gear that I was able to make a difference, and about a week or so before I was competing and contributing fairly well.

Of course, I also put augments on all my shells. Helps a LOT.

I don't get it?

OP believes that you will win the majority of your games while pugging?

Sorry but unless you are really good and can carry your team that is very farm from the truth. OP have you ever played a MoBA like League of Legends or Dota?

Even the 2% top players in Dota 2 cannot carry every game but when you are really good you have a 54% winrate. The issue is that a lot of players in MoBAs (not talking about professionals) think they are the best players ever and blame their team for losing them the game.

I'm not going to down-talk you OP because I don't know you and your abilities. I merely suggest to you to not take, and esp if you are pugging, not take PVP so seriously. If you are not having fun playing then don't play PVP.

The difference between a pro player and a scrub like me is that the pro player have fun even when losing hard because they see it as a challenge and try to improve while losing and that's why I stopped playing MoBAs; I'm not good enough I'm not having fun losing because I am a sore loser in those games and even more so because of the going on in my team (everyone trying to find one person to blame for everything that went wrong).

That's why I love the PVP here; it's mostly just casuals wanting to have fun. Sure there is your occasional "pro player" who flames the team for not capping nodes or whatever but that is far and between and not close to the harassment going on in other competitive games.

OP just have fun don't take it so serious and blow some ppl up... speaking of... I need to get 16 more valor on my sage so I can wear the old Battlmaster set. Better get to it! :)

The Rules of online PVP.

1. 1st RULE: Everyone think they are pro

2. 2nd RULE: Everyone think they are pro

3. 3rd RULE: Everyone think they are pro

I liked those RNG days.

It's so easy these days to get gear and be competitive right away at 55. But a lot of people can't face the truth that they just suck at this game.

The PvP is more casual than launch agreed 100%. But I hated RNG based PvP gear.

OP is a bad.

Replyer is a nonconstructive.

The Rules of online PVP.

1. 1st RULE: Everyone thinks everyone else is a pro

2. 2nd RULE: Everyone thinks everyone else is a pro

3. 3rd RULE: Everyone thinks everyone else is a pro

Fixed it for you. :D

The difference between a pro player and a scrub like me is that the pro player have fun when farming others because they see it as a challenge and try to improve while farming

Fixed that, too. :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Quote: Originally Posted by redsovereign

The difference between a pro player and a scrub like me is that the pro player have fun when farming others because they see it as a challenge and try to improve while farming

Fixed that, too. :D

You ****** :D:D:D

Incorrect.

You can save a stock of PvP weapons. You have 2 hours to trade them in for full refund. The last character I got to 55 had 9 PvP weapons saved up, and maxed out comms.

2750+4500+(900*9 = 15,350. I believe you need ~13,000 to get an entire set of Conqueror gear.

Yeah, well. I need my night's sleep, you know? Can't afford to go online every 2 hours to trade weapons.

During leveling you go WZs and while you're not the absolute ruler, you manage to play and you're useful to your team. So you're not a hopeless l2p case.

But once you hit lvl 55, you just get farmed at WZs. You're completely useless.

Ok, you're supposed to farm gear now. But the first gear that you will farm is useless too. Conqueror is poorer for bolstered PvP than a PvE set with overall rating of 190 (this would be lvl 53 PvE gear).

So you spend a couple of weeks with getting farmed at WZs to get your useless conqueror set, and then you spend a couple of even more weeks with getting farmed to get all the rated comms that you need for swapping it for the rated gear. When you get there, you've spent months with getting farmed. Fock this, BW. really. Fock this. It's disencouraging and will keep people from playing.

I have to disagree. In my experience, you can still be competitive in 55 PvP (though maybe not ranked) in either the 58 gear you can get from the Makeb Commendations vendor, or the 61 gear you can buy with classic comms, provided you have the right stat balance.

As for the Conqueror gear, it is far from useless, although saying that a lot of the enhancements are chaff, e.g. the headpieces all seem to have enhancements with alacrity (really?). As others have said, if you exploit the PvP weapons you can have enough wz comms to get a full set of conqueror's from the get-go when you ding 55.

The people who get farmed at 55 PvP are the ones who queue in full 72/78 PvE gear and have like 900 expertise rating. And they deserve to be farmed really - probably the same people who go straight into ops without doing any research about the boss mechanics and tactics.

What I would say is too much of a grind is actually getting the BiS Obroan enhancements; for the enhancements to cost 800 wz comms (double that of the Conqueror-level enhancements) and then 2,000 ranked wz comms (which is almost a normal piece) is a bit much really given how few of the Obroan gear pieces have BiS enhancements.