The state of your class in rateds (Will a Dev Read this?)

kelvaen

Jugg Tank

As a Jug tank, my main spec, I feel i'm now useless in ranked . PT hybrid tanks are so OPED currently why would you take any other tank? They can absorb damage, and dish out upwards of 100k damage in a single round at 700dps. I am full Obroan tank geared , im forced to do a funky vengeance spec to dish out as much dps as possible, as well as swap my tank relics for obroan dps relics. I have also updated all my enhancements/mods to try and get more dps out of my toon. Bottom line the most I can dish as a hybrid is around 65k at 480dps . I use to love playing a jug tank, and was actually usefull in 8v8 style rateds. Now i'm just a hybrid tank that does crap dps. I rolled a tank to tank, not dps, all tanks should be on a equal playing field, I am forced to once again to stop playing swtor, I love the pvp in this game, but the pvp community always seems to be on the backburner.

I know i'm not the only one that has gripes right now on class junk, but last thing ill say is it would be nice to see other healers other then ops healing in arena. If your gonna pvp on a healer everyone goes op, cause the rest just cant keep up.

Id love to hear other peoples opinions on classes right now.

Edited by kelvaen

Jugg Tank

As a Jug tank, my main spec, I feel i'm now useless in ranked . PT hybrid tanks are so OPED currently why would you take any other tank? They can absorb damage, and dish out upwards of 100k damage in a single round at 700dps. I am full Obroan tank geared , im forced to do a funky vengeance spec to dish out as much dps as possible, as well as swap my tank relics for obroan dps relics. I have also updated all my enhancements/mods to try and get more dps out of my toon. Bottom line the most I can dish as a hybrid is around 65k at 480dps . I use to love playing a jug tank, and was actually usefull in 8v8 style rateds. Now i'm just a hybrid tank that does crap dps. I rolled a tank to tank, not dps, all tanks should be on a equal playing field, I am forced to once again to stop playing swtor, I love the pvp in this game, but the pvp community always seems to be on the backburner.

I know i'm not the only one that has gripes right now on class junk, but last thing ill say is it would be nice to see other healers other then ops healing in arena. If your gonna pvp on a healer everyone goes op, cause the rest just cant keep up.

To be honest very little discussion is truly needed on this issue. The devs have all the metrics they need in regards to class viability in rateds. We can see it for ourselves in the rankings.

However it's impossible to make every tree viable in pvp, especially arena. This is the exact reason I argued against arena in beta and post launch. I quit last January and came back two weeks ago to find arenas had replaced ranked 8v8. Arenas magnify a classes weaknesses. WoW has been plagued with this issue since the beginning of their arenas prompting them to publicly state they regretted its implementation. Its basically like putting a pair of yoga pants on a fat chick. It highlights pre-existing issues.

When I eat with my guardian tank, full min/maxed conq/ob, 2018 expertise - 6.5k smashes, I stop playing as tank and go vigilance, cuz as tank its useless.

Ranked... Jugg/guardian in any spec is not avaible for arenas cuz as tank have laughable dps and as dps too squishy and as weak link will die first under focus fire.

Jugg Tank

lol I wonder why they named the middle Juggernaut tree "Vengeance". LMFAO i mean you can't have your vengeance when you are dead right? Our dps is mediocre and our suvivability is horrible in AOE heavy pvp environments. Who knows? Bioware might give us an ability to magically resurrect ourselves as skeleton warriors to haunt our killers.

Chances are you'll be crying with him considering that there will be zero viable healers when ops are nerfed.

^^^^

This so much.

I live the way that people can complain about operatives being OP (PvP wise) but at the same time say that Sorc/Merc healers are crap.

I am actually scared of the day that Bioware decides to nerf Operatives, since thanks to their history I could see the classes heal spec becoming completely useless.

Edited by jack__

Chances are you'll be crying with him considering that there will be zero viable healers when ops are nerfed.

Better no healers than unkillable OPeratives healers.

Haha,

Top-100 solo Leaderboards: 19 operatives/scoundrels; 2 juggs/guardians;

Top-100 group ranked: 24 operatives/scoundrels; 1 jugg/guardian (seems soon will be 0 cuz its 98 place).

I will be okay with 2 operatives in Top-100 of both Leaderboards after 2.6

I doesn't have any clever to say here accept from some observations. I would agree on that not every class preform equally well or more correct have the requisitions to do so when skill is a factor. But should every class be able to preform as good as the other? I'm thinking on class roles here, has every class a role in Arena?

the other day my matey was frustrated at the fact that his and the other teams healing symbol was shown in team menu pre- and during the fight. "to easy to be single out", he said in frustration. Add here the characteristics of a Sage in animations and visual stance! For my self I spot a Sorc from a distance in a sec ... and consider the topic on these forum concerning some healing classes.

Now what I find more difficult to spot are the dps healers and they just keep getting more and more in Arenas. Given the argument above I would state that Arena healing is favored by dps/healers, hence we will see more of those...

A while back there was a post showing us the top ranked classes in Arena. I would like to argue that the easiest playable and most damage dealing class was in the top of that list.

to conclude I would probably state that over the next year we will see a less variety of classes in the Arena. Those we will see would be easy to learn/play, dish out a fair amount of damage, and if there is a pure healer in the group. That healer would be well off to have a dps/healer as back up. So as for the OPs concern I would advice re thhinking gamestyle/class choice if you having trouble with your current choice.

And no I don't believe that every class should be in Arena, if so what is the whole point in different classes?

Edited by t-darko

lol I wonder why they named the middle Juggernaut tree "Vengeance". LMFAO i mean you can't have your vengeance when you are dead right? Our dps is mediocre and our suvivability is horrible in AOE heavy pvp environments. Who knows? Bioware might give us an ability to magically resurrect ourselves as skeleton warriors to haunt our killers.

Maybe they mean you can take revenge on bioware by unsubbing, which is what I did.

Skeleton warriors: eh, force ghosts: zero damage, but unkillable, wandering around the person that killed ya.

Yelling, dancing with mobs he's fighting, and cheering when he goes down etc.

Gotta stay true to the star wars lore, after all :p

I doesn't have any clever to say here accept from some observations. I would agree on that not every class preform equally well or more correct have the requisitions to do so when skill is a factor. But should every class be able to preform as good as the other? I'm thinking on class roles here, has every class a role in Arena?

the other day my matey was frustrated at the fact that his and the other teams healing symbol was shown in team menu pre- and during the fight. "to easy to be single out", he said in frustration. Add here the characteristics of a Sage in animations and visual stance! For my self I spot a Sorc from a distance in a sec ... and consider the topic on these forum concerning some healing classes.

Now what I find more difficult to spot are the dps healers and they just keep getting more and more in Arenas. Given the argument above I would state that Arena healing is favored by dps/healers, hence we will see more of those...

A while back there was a post showing us the top ranked classes in Arena. I would like to argue that the easiest playable and most damage dealing class was in the top of that list.

to conclude I would probably state that over the next year we will see a less variety of classes in the Arena. Those we will see would be easy to learn/play, dish out a fair amount of damage, and if there is a pure healer in the group. That healer would be well off to have a dps/healer as back up. So as for the OPs concern I would advice re thhinking gamestyle/class choice if you having trouble with your current choice.

And no I don't believe that every class should be in Arena, if so what is the whole point in different classes?

There are specs more adaptable to situations in Arenas and specs that are not.

E.g: H - T and 2 madness Sorcs is viable in Corellia against H-T and 2 Smashers. It is not in Tattooine.

A Sorc healer may survive with a guardian tank when with a shadow may not. An Op healer will in both situations.

There would be no significant issue about the spec viability in the Arenas if they were not ranked.

8x8 ranked is needed.

Edited by Aetideus

Nope, and I'll see you in Arena in Wildstar.

Wildstar has tank healer dps, Wildstar has ranged, melee. Wildstar has instanced arena and warzones. Wildstar has CC. Wildstar has premades mixed in with pugs.

What makes you think their forums won't be a copy and paste of these forums? (Or Wow's)? They are creating the same paradigm. They will have the same problems.