Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

Man... It's been almost 3 years since the game came out and Bioware didn't think of making Jaesa Wilsaam romance-able without her turning fully to the Dark Side?

That's it, no more Sith Warrior class until this issue is resolved, I'll continue one of my oldest classes. :(

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I didn't know you couldn't.

So... Ashara is actually better than LS Jaesa..?

Now I've heard everything.:D

Well, with Jaesa you can essentially inform her that you'll be procreating with her during the last conversation. Not exactly a "romance," I suppose.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Apologies for the necro, but this is the best topic on this subject.

Apparently the next expansion is going to contain more companion stories (or so some people are saying)

I do wonder if romancing light-side jaesa will be possible then ;p

tell you what

YOU go pay for the voice actor

YOU go pay for the programming needed

YOU go pay for the cut scenes that need to be shoe-horned in

then you can complain

BUT THEY ARENT GOING TO CHANGE IT

wass it a bit short-sighted? possibly -but by being LIGHT SIDE you are expected to roleplay the CHOICE YOU MADE , one of which is to shun romance etc...

so get used to it.

they cant afford to put in new "proper" companions for each person, instead doing Jawa etc - you really think theres enough money to patch all the little stuff complain about with companions ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so surprised this thread is still alive. In case a few of you missed my post.. uhh.. 20 pages ago,

This is straight from Hall Hood from a question I asked via Twitter two years ago:

"Jaesa-Light was very specifically written by @NeilPollner to not be romanced. She's trying to be a good Jedi."

https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/297445457888702465

It's not the answer that many people in this thread wanted, but it's an official response.

Jaesa-Light may not be romanceable, but you can convince her to sleep with you (if that's what you're after). The dialogue option will come up during the final conversation with Jaesa. In order to get this, you can not /flirt with Vette whatsoever. A single [flirt] with Vette progresses Vette's romance and disregards this dialogue choice with Jaesa.

See a video I posted here:

As stated already, I asked @HallHood over two years ago. KotFE probably wasn't even an idea at that time. What we know is that companions and story are back in the forefront of Bioware's agenda. Who knows if Rachael Leigh Cook returns to reprise her role as Jaesa. If she does, she could gets tasked with knocking out a bunch of light side romance lines along with everything else. *shrug*

Edited by DarthGile

Ironic isn't it? Barsenthor, Hero of tython, nadia grell, kira carsen, revan, bastilla shan, Satele Shan, Ect. Are all good lightside jedi WITHIN the order that had romances. But Jaesa. A fallen jedi who actively participates in the killing of other jedi, serves a sith, calls him master, and has left the order, won't romance because she wants to be a good jedi. Its as perplexing as Ashara, another jedi actively involved in killing other jedi, serving a sith and calling him master, refusing to marry without permission from the council. All the while our jedi characters have their secret marriages. Lol

I joined this topic late and didn't read through the 66 pages of thread, but do people want to romance a light side Jaesa because their Sith Warrior went light side or because they don't like the look of dark side Jaesa?

In the latter case, a compromise might simply be to add a skin for Jaesa that gives her a light side appearance.

I joined this topic late and didn't read through the 66 pages of thread, but do people want to romance a light side Jaesa because their Sith Warrior went light side or because they don't like the look of dark side Jaesa?

In the latter case, a compromise might simply be to add a skin for Jaesa that gives her a light side appearance.

There are/were two categories of issues with her:

-- Light Side (or really, anything other than vicious) Warrior and Dark Side Jaesa don't get along. She's the most hostile to "don't be an idiot" choices that go against alignment of all companions in the game. Even her normal conversation losses can be big, compared to the -1 Vette throws down when you tell the quest giver you can't wait to kill things or that enslaving something sounds good.

-- Jaesa's turn obliterates the personality of the person you were talking to in Act I. It's the polar opposite of Ashara, who is pretty much a Light Sith from the start even if she can't stop believing she is a Jedi. You cannot get that Jaesa, the one you were after this whole time, without leaving her Light Side.

So it's a permutation (Light Jaesa that can "fall" a bit more during a romance) that fills a niche. Vette occupies a similar niche - BUT it's not really that hard for a Dark warrior to romance her. Vette will even take murder reasonably well (or outright approve) if it's a military target or general scum.

Edited by Canareth

• 1 month later...

Shameless bump!

tell you what

BUT THEY ARENT GOING TO CHANGE IT

It's not about changing the former conversations. It's now about adding a new story arc to light side Jaesa since KoTFE is incoming. Many companions are going to return and have new stories. It's time to move on with Jaesa's relationship. She already agreed that the idea of having children is harmless. Now let's make one step further and make her fall in love with us.

Btw, this thread should be moved to Suggestions. I don't know why it's still in the Class section, lol.

Edited by PavSalco

YES PLEASE.

If she sleeps in the Fury she can sleep with the Wrath.

My lightside sith avoid tearing through jedi as much as possible, and certainly not with either of the padawans.

But most Jaesas and Asharas "go against their teaching" all the time, slicing through waves of Jedi like mozarella. So they can do that and still have a problem with vestiges of the jedi code? Totally dumb.

Make her throwable in the airlock. I played fairly lightsided warrior, and still hated that dumb ****. One of the worst companions in game

It's all about her voice ... and other pros ;)

But even if the original voice actress doesn't want to return, just use another but gives us some development in the relationship with Jaesa.

• 2 months later...

I would like to add my voice to this. A lot of narrative tension and possibilities were overlooked when it was decided that Jaesa was only romanceable in one iteration. Having the option to romance her as a light side character is simply criminal in its' absence.

Please Bioware, bring her voice actor on board once again and give us an ever-more improved story-based game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Just wanted to say that i used to play TOR full time, but i left after a while and the reason was: no light side romance option for jaesa on my sith warrior.

How i invisioned my sith warrior as a character is a man who firmly believes in the sith code, but chooses t feed and embrace the good emotions, like love, passion, pride, honor, competitiveness.

He wants the empire to be great and for the empire to get justice on the jedi who commited genocde against his people (his race is sith).

Jaesa is a jedi he has convinced to leave the order and follow his ideals as a light sided sith.

Falling in love with her is only natural and can only serve to make both stronger in the force.

The fact i can't play my character how i want is the main reason i stopped playing.

I recently came back, with episode 7 on the way and a new expansion out my hopes were that the jaesa romance arc had been developed so i could go back to my favorite character.

But alas it is not, so im trying a few other characters out to fill my star wars urges till the movie is released.

I feel it only fair to let both the communities and the devs know, you want me to stay a permanent player, and convince my friends to join me and play too, then get the light side romance option for jaesa developed.

I am not trying to threaten or blackmail you devs, i am just telling you the facts, i will play TOR for years to come only when jaesa has a light side romance option, and i believe i am not alone.

I want this too but so far it looks like they want to give us more alien companions that don't speak english (basic) Most of the alliance recruits all require subtitle reading. Sucks for all those existing romances too because those appear to be on an indefinite pause until they decide to use them in the expansion.

I have never understood why light side Jaesa was not a romance option. It's not like she's adamant on calling herself a Jedi(here's looking at you, Ashara), where you can't have a relationship.

/signs petition so boys can have a second choice other than Vette(whom I adore), and maybe make her a choice for girls who like girls and don't like Quinn?

I'll chime in here. The new companion influence system having no bearing on companion missions changes the way their missions tend to line up. I recruited Jaesa as light side and there was an option to flirt with her during the debriefing on the ship, so I was under the assumption she was a romance option. However, I missed the opportunity to start a romance with Vette; I only found out after I passed Vette's first romance chance that LS Jaesa was not an option.

As such, my SW now has no romance options at all unless I decide to play Fallen Empire with him (which probably won't happen). I'm probably not going to be re-leveling another SW so I guess I'll have to settle for YouTube to see Vette's conversations.

Edited by TheCheatz