Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

It doesn't make any sense that you can't romance her if she is light side, if you play a Jedi Knight/Couns yourself you can have a romance. On top of that... she is not a jedi anymore, she is a light side Sith (like you if you play LS), you are her master.

I am a bit disappointed that you can't really influence your crewmembers or get rid of them/have more choices, as a light sided Sith having Quinn with me feels like begging for a bullet in the back at some point, although LS choices become very very limited later in the game, where your basic LS choice is to apologize to someone before you slaughter everyone.

Someone either got very lazy there or it's just really bad design and they don't care.... you can't even try to reach a peaceful solution, ended up refusing a few quests because they were just too cruel to justify doing them as a LSS.

Playing a LSS was fun at the beginning, trying to change something from within, but they really lost that when you progress, also pretty monoton to always have to do quests for some Imperial Intelligence guy and noone else. Take Taris for example where the basic goal is to destroy the entire planet.. where is the option to at least say "hey, maybe destroying a entire planet is pretty stupid", it's like being forced to do things although they go against everything you stand for.

Totally agree, as a light Jedi Guardian the idea of sending of the Emperors Assassin, a pureblood dark side Sith, to gather some rare metals for me just feels stupid. God knows what he gets up to, why would any Jedi want to do that? He probably walks in the room, kills everyone and takes it, he's made it clear that's how he thinks things should be done.

I'ml not on a role-play server, but I am a role-player with a pretty good imagination so in my head I'm sure he's just under arrest and placed in my custody so I just get him to do some slicing but it really does seem dumb at times.

Ultimately the stories and companions never worked for me, I think it would have been better to have had a single driving story that everyone played, put more effort into allowing your choices to have more impact on that story and ending, allowed more control over companions, choosing which you want from a number of choices (i.e. at each point in the story giving you a choice of three/four companions and you get to pick one, if I could have T7, my Ewok and a Jawa I'd be a happy Jedi, everyone else makes me want to turn to the dark side just so I can kill them).

The Jedi story just fell on its face for me and it's why I can't be bothered to roll a LS Sith either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Bump. I'm planning a while story arc with good sith and bad jedi and i really don't like it all being contricted by this.. Now im starting to rethink my plans for my future characters. I really want this to happen, Jeasa should be a romance option. It just makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya know, I said waaaaay back in the beginning that this idea was never taking off. You have to make Jaesa evil to marry her. If you want her to be good, she'll still agree to have your kids, she just won't marry you. Or ya know...you can do what I did and marry Vette who is a perfectly good choice. Or perhaps you *gasp* can stay single :eek:

either way, they're not changing it. nobody evens look in this subsection. lol.....

I'm a new player and the lack of this choice really startled me - it's a game about choices and forging your own path but LS Sith Warrior is shoehorned into only ONE possible romance option? It doesn't have to be Jaesa but please give us another option!

/signed

I'm a new player and the lack of this choice really startled me - it's a game about choices and forging your own path but LS Sith Warrior is shoehorned into only ONE possible romance option? It doesn't have to be Jaesa but please give us another option!

/signed

you can always play as a woman and romance Quinn. Or you can play another class and romance somebody else. Choices are rampant in swtor! :rak_01:

On my first SW, I was LS and realizing I couldn't romance Jaesa, tried out the romance with Vette.

Talk about pervy.

Vette feels like she's about 19 years old, while my SW felt about 35. In my headcanon, their relationship was more....father-daughter or at least big brother than anything. It just felt all wrong.

It's not like Jaesa is going to be a Jedi after throwing in her lot with a Sith. Why adhere to the Jedi ways? I'd like to see "good" Jaesa and my LS warrior as a romance option. C'mon developers........the people have spoken!

It's not like Jaesa is going to be a Jedi after throwing in her lot with a Sith. Why adhere to the Jedi ways?

Because she still believes in them. Leaving the Order allows her to make her own place in the galaxy, that doesn't mean she forsakes everything she's ever believed in.

Because she still believes in them. Leaving the Order allows her to make her own place in the galaxy, that doesn't mean she forsakes everything she's ever believed in.

Bleh. She's running around the galaxy killing Pubs and Jedi. Her loyalty seems to be to the Force, not to the Jedi. She already knows that they can be corrupted.

• 4 weeks later...
Romancing Vette seems wrong because much like Mako she seems like she's in her teens and I feel like someone's gonna call the space police on me. Having her romance Alignment based is pretty dumb to me. Honestly I'd be ok if the process of turning her dark was a little more subtle. Instead of micromanaging your responses to her before she becomes a companion. Now that I can't romance her I lost all interest in my Marauder, as petty as that sounds, it's kind of a big deal for me. Well I guess I'll play my sentinel since he can romance who ever the f*** he wants, with no obligation to the Code or dark side.... LAME!!!! :mad:

• 2 months later...

I like to think I play a sith who walks the grey side (LS for relics) and will not let personal gains or power get into the way of duty for the Empire.

It is frustrating with Jaesa, she makes it sound like my toon is ready to over throw the Empire while serving as the Emperor's Wrath. I don't want making her LS (because I didn't have much a choice in it myself without compromising my own toon) bite me in the butt later when more stories are released. I also do not want to reroll. An option to betray her later...I would not mind. Or to shut her up since that option doesn't seem to come up in the dialogue with her.

I too would love to hand her over to the counsel, or swear up and down I was only spying on her for information and use of her powers...

I like to think I play a sith who walks the grey side (LS for relics) and will not let personal gains or power get into the way of duty for the Empire.

It is frustrating with Jaesa, she makes it sound like my toon is ready to over throw the Empire while serving as the Emperor's Wrath. I don't want making her LS (because I didn't have much a choice in it myself without compromising my own toon) bite me in the butt later when more stories are released. I also do not want to reroll. An option to betray her later...I would not mind. Or to shut her up since that option doesn't seem to come up in the dialogue with her.

I too would love to hand her over to the counsel, or swear up and down I was only spying on her for information and use of her powers...

I doubt you have to worry about any more stories being released. Bioware have said there are no more personal stories to be added to the game.

• 1 month later...
I doubt you have to worry about any more stories being released. Bioware have said there are no more personal stories to be added to the game.

I remember a Interview , where Alexander Freed stated (after he left) that he has written more than 3 Chapter's for the Agent Story line . Now , I am not saying 'YES! There will be more Chapter's in the Future' , but I am pretty positive about it.

But I'll have to Agree with (See above) . But there's always a chance for it , I mean Game is out for about 2-3 Years (might be more , I AM NOT CHECKING MY CALENDAR EVERY WEEK , KK) . Even if we get new Chapter's , I doubt it'll be any time soon . . . . .

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't it be interesting if Jaesa lightside started getting the hots for Malavia? And you had to sort of win her over? Anyway, i accidentally AoE force chocked her family back when i was new to the game and didn't know about ESCAPE during cutscenes, so i have the evil clown jaesa unfortunately. But nevertheless, if attention is going to be shown to jaesa light in regard to cutscenes/romance, they should spice it up, a 3 way dialogue. Maybe show Vette getting sassy with Jaesa light as you start to win jaesa over.They then catfight on your ship, over you, and at the end you have to choose which one you want to be your mate *bites bottom lip*. Edited by Warlord_Maliken

I always assumed that if the companion stories ever continued, Light Side Jaesa would probably become romanceable.

It's clear the spark's there when you do all her conversations, it's just that damnable Jedi Code getting in the way.

Ah well... at least she's not opposed to giving the Wrath some offspring that will be strong in the Force. :p

He'll have to settle for that for the time being. (AKA for as long as the game lives if they never add any new companion content =/ )

I remember a Interview , where Alexander Freed stated (after he left) that he has written more than 3 Chapter's for the Agent Story line . Now , I am not saying 'YES! There will be more Chapter's in the Future' , but I am pretty positive about it.

But I'll have to Agree with (See above) . But there's always a chance for it , I mean Game is out for about 2-3 Years (might be more , I AM NOT CHECKING MY CALENDAR EVERY WEEK , KK) . Even if we get new Chapter's , I doubt it'll be any time soon . . . . .

All part of the original vision... which got sunk when the masses they were counting on liking the game spat on it and left en masse...

Hopefully the devs realize that with the game doing better and having found its niche that the story content is indeed important to the playerbase they have, and in keeping it.

Edited by Callaron

Sadly ... tragically ... this thread is 2 1/2 years old, hundreds of posts and ....

... nobody at BW has even noticed it

I doubt it has much to do with them noticing it. :p

They're more than aware that people want more companion content in general (including Light Side Jaesa's romance).

Here's to hoping they'll add some companion stuff in the future, as a way to say thank you to their fans who've stuck with them when the game went through a rough patch.

Not going to happen. It's way too expensive to keep the voice actors on retainer, and also way too expensive to add the sound files needed for eight separate storylines

Edited by Brittaany_Banks

• 1 month later...