Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of you followed the Jaesa story so far? She has a deep hatred for the light side and anything that opposes it, the developers wrote it in this way for a reason if you do not like that you can not bang Jaesa then go ball dark side on her. You can not have it both ways that's why we have choices, go play wow if you want a set outcome.

Why do you need the stupid dark reflection to corrupt her? Why can't it be obvious that a dark tier 5 player killed the dumb reflection because he didn't need its help. That is not a good/bad choice, it is a bad/questionable choice. This ultimately ruined the story by destroying my other options. Why should I suffer the penalty for Bioware's mistake? Fix it.There should be a ssecond chance at corruption for those who got shafted by an unclear decision. First time players who don't read ahead, like me, are being shafted by unclear decisions because they don't play strictly dark or light. Why not ask us once at the beginning if we want to always be good or always bad. That wouldn't ruin the game any more than completely unrelated decisions like the reflection. Another example is that to corrupt her you merely say that you will teach her the ways of the datk side. What else was I supposed to say in front of Imps? What if you say you'll change the order from within to trick her? Once she is on my ship I could've admitted I lied but it wouldn't let me. There are several major fixes that need to be made. Ultimately, Bioware owes it to their players to have a late game fix for this for players who got screwed over by their flawed design. Romancing her would be a step in tge right direction by allowing the player to at least partially corrupt her. A late game option to corrupt or uncorrupt her would be the best fix as well as addressing the original problem. That way new players can avoid tge problem and old players don't have to restart to get their intended ending. I also feel like the lack of ability to even try ro romance LS Jaesa is ridiculous. ForEven if she said no that would be better than ignoring the possibility. Maybe she could explain that she wants to avoid passion and that although she feels for the player she doesn't want to risk the dark side. Anything would be better than the lazy and incomplete lack of an answer there is now. What I'd really like to see is a full expansion to the class quests. I've only played the Sith Warrior all of the way through and I get to the end feeling like it is just the beginning. Continuing the story would allow a possibility to fix past confusion in a seamless manner. In short, Bioware has some serious flaws to address. The whole point of a videi game is living out your fantasies and if I have to imagine an ending to compensate for the la cc k of one, why should I bother to renew my subscription? I'm not going to renew not out of spite but because I have no urge ro continue playing if there is no point. Bioware, please just say if uou have some big surprise waiting for us that'll fix all of this. I'm kind of tired of linear choices, pointless expansions, and watching Revan's character be brutally destroyed, twisted, and manipulated all over again. For all intents and purposes:

/signed

As pointed out in the first page of this post:

Jaesa joined to change the empire from within. This did not make her a Sith as she is still a Jedi.

Light side Jaesa is still a Jedi, and the story line says she keeps in line with her Jedi path. Your failure to understand the Jedi Code (which forbids love/romance) is not BioWare's fault. I think preventing light-side Jaesa romance is better in keeping with the history and legitimacy of the Star Wars universe. The counter to this on the Republic side of the Jedi who have romance options are your player's choice to not follow the code.

And yet some of the most awesome Jedi in history married and had kids and everything.

Luke Skywalker marries Mara Jade, further family growth unknown.

Leia Skywalker Marries Han Solo and is trained to be a Jedi by Luke.

Anakin Skywalker was looking great with the Padme thing, but then he turned Chaotic Stupid. still a Great jedi, but a terrible one also.

**** the skywalkers though, lets take a trip in the wayback machine

darth mother****ing revan. Jedi, turned Sith by the Emperor, then redeemed by Bastilla whom he marries and has a (son?) with. Satele Shan, GRANDMASTER of the jedi order is his like, great granddaughter or something. and has an unusually close friendship with that trooper guy who exploded malgus's face.

The Jedi Knight, males can marry Kira Carsen while females get Doc (poor females)

The Jedi Consular, again romance based on gender but i dont know em.

TLDR;

ALL of the yes -SIGNATURE HERE

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention one of the most FUN jedi ever - Jolee Bindo.

That old man, damn. Master of the Mind Trick. He was married for a while, secretly. Of course then he trained her in the force and she turned Sith, but that's not HIS fault. Mostly.

Besides, I rather like how LSSW almost flat-out SAYS "The Jedi are completely wrong, the Sith are DOING it wrong, we're going to do things MY way."

It's an attitude I've come to agree with.

Edited by Ikorus
more info

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have played both jedi and sith and I believe that Jaesa would be better if she could be romancable either way. She seems so intent on doing the right things but it doesn't make sense that only making her dark can she be romanced. It would be interesting to see her romancable on the light side and then have the potential to fall dark depending on the siths choices. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...
She likes bad boys... get over it.

Stop playing your warrior like a bunch pansies and you'll be fine.

This made me laugh out loud. Love it. I am not worried that you cannot romance LS Jaesa, I was a little more frustrated that this ONE conversation point did not indicate the gravity that it holds. Typically, the choices say [Attack] or something like that if your choice is going to lead there. I think when you obtain Jaesa, it should say [Turn to the Light Side] or [Turn to the Dark Side]. I was playing the story trying to convince this person to come with me of their own free will, it would have been nice to know that this will fundamentally change your companion (because I avoid spoilers, I didn't even KNOW she was to be your companion)

But, on the other hand, you have to live with the consequences a little bit. Let's be honest here, does the 30 second cutscene of an NPC saying that they want you REALLY worth getting upset about? Youtube it and pretend, people.

Considering that there are some sort of companion dialogue/interaction on the way (even Scourge's voice actor confirmed working on TOR shortly after new Star Trek in the interview) I think we can expect something!

I would guess he's working on another character. At the very least, I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's been overtly stated that BioWare considers the stories of the current companion roster (as well as our individual characters) to be "over."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
And yet some of the most awesome Jedi in history married and had kids and everything.

Luke Skywalker marries Mara Jade, further family growth unknown.

Leia Skywalker Marries Han Solo and is trained to be a Jedi by Luke.

Anakin Skywalker was looking great with the Padme thing, but then he turned Chaotic Stupid. still a Great jedi, but a terrible one also.

**** the skywalkers though, lets take a trip in the wayback machine

darth mother****ing revan. Jedi, turned Sith by the Emperor, then redeemed by Bastilla whom he marries and has a (son?) with. Satele Shan, GRANDMASTER of the jedi order is his like, great granddaughter or something. and has an unusually close friendship with that trooper guy who exploded malgus's face.

The Jedi Knight, males can marry Kira Carsen while females get Doc (poor females)

The Jedi Consular, again romance based on gender but i dont know em.

TLDR;

ALL of the yes -SIGNATURE HERE

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention one of the most FUN jedi ever - Jolee Bindo.

That old man, damn. Master of the Mind Trick. He was married for a while, secretly. Of course then he trained her in the force and she turned Sith, but that's not HIS fault. Mostly.

Besides, I rather like how LSSW almost flat-out SAYS "The Jedi are completely wrong, the Sith are DOING it wrong, we're going to do things MY way."

It's an attitude I've come to agree with.

QFT, Singed. /

I wasted ALOT of time raising her affection not realizing that she's not a romance for the Light Side...

This might have been an oversight... It really doesn't make any sense. because as you progress through her story line, all she does is tell you how much your faith in her encourages her and how she's never had such clarity since joining you.... then the LS-SW completely out of his rear-end says "I encourage you to have children, I'll raise them as my own".... to which Jaesa replies "thank you"... Wouldn't the Sith Warrior just say "Have children with me" and Jaesa say "I'm down to get down"

...now what? I'll try romancing Broonmark lol

/Signed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saying, Rachael Leigh Cook, is probably expensive to higher as a voice actor and if she is in the middle of shooting, it's not going to be easy to work with her to get correctly synced and satisfactory recordings. That said, I do believe Bioware made the mistake of not allowing this content, there is no real excuse.

So, to all the readers, just some quick advice tips about Bioware. This is their first mmo, forgive the mistakes. Second, Bioware really doesn't listen to requests, and since working out a schedule for Rachael is probably very difficult, the request to have additional story content with her is, 99.99999%, not going to happen, unfortunately.

What I suggest arguing for, is in the next expansion, add a companion who is marriable to the light side. And maybe add devorce, for those who need it :p. This is sounding more and more like mods on skyrim, haha.