We want answers

Spankyjnco

This worries me. Is spamming /1 really the intended route to finding a group by Bioware? I don't see how that "encourages social interaction", it encourages me to leave general chat because all I see is people spamming for groups. It needs way more organization than that.

The way WoW first tackled the problem was brilliant (prior to automated groups). You flag yourself as LFG and you choose the active quest or dungeon you wanted to do, select the roles you could fill, and left a note if you wanted to. THIS is what we need. A filtered list of people LFG. You still have to send people whispers, so the social aspect is still there (at least as much so as spamming /1 is).

This, hey BW do this damit!!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah general chat really is ruined by people LFG (though I don't blame them for it). I love that there's not a LFG tool, so people actually leave cities and interact, but there needs to be something that is effective enough that people use it and get out of general; like a place where people post personal ads for tanking, etc, and maybe what they like to do on first dates.

They also dont generate the amount of traffic as this site does nor do they even have the size of the customer service this game has. You need to follow ticket submitting procedures and contact cs for your problem. If you dont want to follow a company's procedure for doing this than thats your fault not theirs.

Dude Riot has a great customer service system League of Legends is very easy to get help from

They also dont generate the amount of traffic as this site does nor do they even have the size of the customer service this game has. You need to follow ticket submitting procedures and contact cs for your problem. If you dont want to follow a company's procedure for doing this than thats your fault not theirs.

Follow ticket submitting procedures? I get better responses from the federal government than I do from standard ticket submitting procedures from BioWare. The last 3 tickets I've submitted, have been replied to by an automated response from a droid (this is what I assume to be BioWare being ironic), giving me no peace of mind in knowing that my issue was taken care of (or even glanced at). Don't call it anything but what it is. BioWare made a great game, and has made many great games, but their customer service may as well be a dead dog with a headset sitting in a cubicle.

I would like an awnser on if Chat bubbles for /say is still on the way. They mentioned they where on the list in the beta but things could have changed since then. Honestly chat bubbles are something I believe greatly helps people actually talking when they meet out in the world, the current chat is a bit hard to miss.

UPDATE

8. A easier way to find groups. Having to spam in /1 is quite annoying to everyone in the zone, let alone those looking for a group. And noobdy seems to use that actual "Flag yourself for group" option because it's not very successful. I would like to do flashpoints, but I'm not going to waste 30 minutes sitting in the fleet spamming /1 that I am looking for a group. Some kind of way to have a global search/group finder would be nice.

--------------------------------------

This is a big issue. And maybe there is a solution until bioware is working on it. I played LOTRO before SWTOR. The channels there were also region bound. We made our own LFG/LFM channel. The channel name was somthing like servername_LFG. It takes some time to esteblish such a channel but in the end it was pretty much standard on all german servers.

Edited by Meroff

UPDATE

Stephen Reid has responded! Check page 10 to see his responses

There are a LOT of things so far that the community wants answers/clarification on, and for being a company that is supposedly really trying to knock off some of the bigger MMOs.. they sure are failing and customer relations and community involvement. There are so many unanswered questions that have been around for months and Bioware NEVER answers them or even touches on the subject, and that needs to stop NOW.

We can make them HEAR US... we can MAKE THEM understand that we deserve to know what is going on with a game that we are supporting. We deserve to know why things are the way they are, and what is going on! Someone needs to answer these questions and the many more that others have that I can not think of right now.

EDIT

Look guys, I am not saying this is a bad game. Most people can see where this is coming from. These bugs aren't new, they arent 3 days/1week old.. they have been around for months now without any information guidance. Yes some have been mentioned, but not in detail at all (such as the AA). I think Bioware has done a great job so far on launch, and the re-building of the client a month ago was amazing and added great changes to the game. I applaud their release, and everything is going smoothly. I am simply requesting more community involvement is done, rather than hiding things behind curtains. They always say that they are most focused on the customer's request/wants... well these are big topic issues right now for a lot of us. These are what I see most complained about on forums. Are they gamebreaking... no. Has there been gamebreaking bugs? YES, was it fixed quickly? YES. So they do work on the big stuff first which is great.

Also, I am aware of the Public Test Realm. That's not what I'm talking about... those are just patch notes and a test before taking it live. It isn't talking about their plans or commenting on anything about those. It would just be nice to have more community involvement and information given by the devs. Some games do a weekly/monthly address to the community talking about the "hot" issues, explaining the problems and talking about the estimated time/requirements to fix. That was always a great read for me, FF14 did it for example... even though the game was complete trash, it was fun reading how the devs planned, and failed, to fix it.

Point being Yes theres a lot of stuff here, but everyone can agree Bioware is doing a GREAT JOB so far, but a little more talking to us wouldn't hurt anything.

And no I'm not angry lol Caps doesnt mean anger, but emphasis.

---------------------------------------------------

1. Where are your customer relations people!? Tons of questions are asked on the forums daily and I never see any GM/DEV/CR/anything answering these questions. Look at some of the games out there that have a good customer to developer communication, and you will see that communication is the key to having a good player base relationship/forgiving relationship.

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?

3. When are we getting Optimized AA? Sure we can force it on now, but everyone knows that is kinda glitchy and can lead to problems.

4. Flashpoint loot problems. Some FPs have loot that is auto-looted by one of the members and nobody else can have a crack at it, any plans on fixing this?

5. When and with what are you going to be updating the CE/Security vendors with? A lot of people are upset with the VIP lounge after you hyped it up so much... what are the plans exactly for implementing new content to these areas.

6. Chat Bug. Are you aware of it? Randomly people will not be able to read/talk in group chat, or general chat etc unless they relog. This is extremely annoying, is there a fix planned?

7. UI tweaking. There is some decent options available now, but a pretty legitimate complaint is that the text size is not adjustable on anything but the general chat box. For those on certain monitors/TVs, it makes reading quest logs, tool tips, anything else really ahrd to read. Also the ability to have better placement/manual placement of the hotkey bars.

8. A easier way to find groups. Having to spam in /1 is quite annoying to everyone in the zone, let alone those looking for a group. And noobdy seems to use that actual "Flag yourself for group" option because it's not very successful. I would like to do flashpoints, but I'm not going to waste 30 minutes sitting in the fleet spamming /1 that I am looking for a group. Some kind of way to have a global search/group finder would be nice.

--------------------------------------

Added in from other people

9. Social gear scaling. Great idea putting this in, but the way that it currently is moddable, only classes that never get hit can benefit from this. They can get all their stats and such,but nobody else has these benefits. Any plans on making it un-moddable?

10. Someone mentioned chairs. Should be more chairs to sit in, but this was addressed recently that they will get to it, not a hot priority but people asked so heres the info :p

If you have any questions you want answered ask, I know I left a lot out, but it is kind of late and I cant think strait. I'll be checking here often and updating until we get a response of some kind. I will not let this go bioware. You guys are real quick to delete posts, so I know your here, but what is the point of reading the forums if you aren't going to respond and assure your players of your awareness or plans to fix it.

Address your community bioware, it is your only chance to build the relationship!!!!

(What is really sad is all 8 of those up there have been questions asked since beta started a long time ago... and I still have yet to hear anything about them except bioware state that they had plans to allow more customizing of the UI).

wow, AMEN to this thread !

that about sums up almost everything but queue times that allow casual players not play at all on their server of choice without loosing their character and start over.

also lots of time spent finding a group on a full server ? lol i almost feel that no one is on the server...

so i agree with everything in your summation of problems/suggestions , i wholeheartedly support your post.

Edited by naniyo

Dont forget about the lack of sound issues. Currently, there's no way to set your game sounds to come thru one set of speakers while leaving your headset free for ventrilo, music, etc. This is a huge issue for those of us that enjoy having the ability to talk on ventrilo w/o missing the cut scene dialogue, etc.

Also, the size of the fonts for the tooltips/quests/dialogue, etc is an issue that needs to be addressed much sooner rather than later.

Personally, I'd rather see some of these issues addressed in the first two months instead of having "new content" to explore. Fix what needs to be fixed, acknowledge your customers when they have valid concerns and lets make this a truly great mmo!

Seriously Mr. Reid this game has issues.

I want an answer for "Unable to retrieve patch data?"

and I thought your "Customer service droids" were supposed to be waiting 24/7? Well if there are that many complaints perhaps you should take a better look at this game

I've sunken $80 into this sucker and I really hope it's not gone to waste

I have not had a single issue finding people to do flashpoints or warzones with. Never an issue even finding someone to do random basic heroic groups with either.

Not sure what all the crying is about. Learn to be social and you find people so easily its ridiculous.

It's not too bad now. Wait till every one is at level 50 and you start running alts. Then ppl will be scarce. Now every one is leveling, in a few months time not so much. And as someone pointed out. U don't saye more than a few words while u doing the run. Besides if I want social interaction I have team speak and my guild mates. But I rather do that irl anyway.

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

For clarity: This is incorrect. It's the act of actually grouping and doing the Flash Point that generates social interaction and community. The furious and futile scrolling of "LFG" in general chat is not a social interaction and does ABSOLUTELY nothing for social connections with other players. It's what comes after the group is found that does.

I'm a level 32 healer. A healer. I need groups to fullfil my desired play style. I do almost nothing but look for groups. I rarely can find one. At level 32 am only half way to social II. Very frustrating. Nothing about this frustrating lack of functionality is fostering social interactions or community for me.

Edited by RyceTOR

Dear OP,

Not to be a hater or anything, but each point you make kinda feels um nitpicky....

Im sure all this will be cleaned up in time, i dont see why the long winded post over it though. At least not furing the first week of the game anyway....

PS Its Christmas let people have there holliday.

I've spend 200 bucks on this game so far, I can nitpick.

Here's a critical issue I've been waiting to hear an answer to:

Ability channeling -> activation -> animation bugs! Problem: Frequently, mixing up instant-use abilities with those that have activation times/are channeled will result in one or more of the abilities getting totally munched, (i.e. resources are consumed, specific cooldowns activate, GCD activates, channel/activation progress bar appears, animation at least starts if not completes - but the ability has absolutely no effect whatsoever). Munched damage abilities will cause no damage; CCs will completely fail to apply their snare/stun/etc; heals won't heal, etc. etc. This has been going on for a long time, and server -> client latency and packet drops have even been ruled out as possible causes (though there are some very plausible theories circulating as to what might be causing it, ranging from ability queue malfunctions to engine limitations).

Ultimately, it forces expert players to play at much lower levels of efficiency in order to avoid wasting abilities left and right. Fortunately, there isn't enough in the way of challenging PvE content yet for this to be completely game-breaking in that regard - but it does completely wreck PvP for those who--completely reasonably--expect their skill to be the only limiting factor in any given encounter.

Most casuals don't manage their rotations tightly enough to notice, but all the power gamers I know have been religiously submitting bug reports on this issue since beta - yet I have yet to see any mention of a planned fix, or even acknowledgment of the problem. There are still dozens of active threads on this bug, but afaik it's being ignored.

We read many of the Forums daily, but we are never going to guarantee an answer to every question. It's really not possible.

It's a bug, and we are working on rolling out a fix.

We don't have an ETA on that yet, but it's desired by development.

A known issue, and will be fixed.

We'll be adding new content over time, but other areas of development are a higher priority right now.

A known issue, and will be fixed.

There are more UI customization options coming, although they're a little way out.

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

There are plans to allow those who adopt tanking roles to be able to gain the armor benefits when wearing moddable gear. Again, this is not a high priority feature right now, but I know it's something that Damion feels is important.

I know more chairs will be available for sitting in the future! :)

Regardless of your post, you guys simply do not show any sort of consorted effort in addressing the many issues that are plaguing this game right now. Please start being proactive in communicating with your playerbase. Nothing is worse than being left in the dark.

Don't know if it is said already, but cba to read all the pages.

1. When Mako heals you and you die (Bounty Hunter) You rez with a green glow that wont go away. I dont want to look as the Green Lantern.

2. Guild members glitching. One moment I can see every person online, next moment they are all gone, but I can still see them talking in /g.

3. Unload glitching. This means the attack keep going and going after an npc has died. Very annoying.

And then there are (a lot of) occasions of weapons not showing, companion getting killed by an elevator, companion rampaging into the next pack getting you killed.

Man, hasnt this game been through testing? Seems like it didnt. TERRIBLE

Social interaction isn't standing around for hours constantly put in general "Looking for group for X". If anything it's the exact opposite and leads to a lot of people being unable to the content. The same social interaction that would happen will happen if they person has to sit for hours and spam general for a group or use a LFG system.

I'm sorry but forcing people to trying to find a group for hours and not getting to play is pointless and stupid.

When will we finally see the promised option to turn on chat bubbles for spatial /say, /yell, /emote chat? Please give us an approximate ETA, because I fear that a great many roleplayers and socializers who's enjoyment of the game greatly depends on chat bubbles will start quitting in droves once their free playtime is up if there are no chat bubbles in sight.